The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy just told us in the 13" Joker and Harley thread that he's sculpting all three upcoming Watchman 13" Deluxe figures: Comedian, Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan. I'm hoping that means we get a fully sculpted Rorschach head underneath that mask!

I would buy a DC Ror if thats my only choice. I'd get The Comedian too, Jon however....yeah no. 100 bucks for that...no way.

I'm of course most interested in seeing what Hot Toys has in store. However, I do think the DC Direct 7" figures, busts and prop replicas are looking pretty awesome:

DCC10596.jpg

DCC10613.jpg

(Dr. Manhattan figure was unveiled at SDCC)

10272_a_full.jpg

10043_a_full.jpg

10479_a_full.jpg

10273_a_full.jpg

10477_a_full.jpg

10044_a_full.jpg

10478_a_full.jpg
10480_a_full.jpg

Last edited:
I'll wait for HT. May be about 160 for each one but totally worth it. Although I don't see them doing Minutemen figures.. so those I may get in the DC 7 inch scale.

If Hot Toys picks them up then I'll be all over them. But if not, I may pick up Rorschach from DCDirect and leave it at that. The movie redesigns just aren't "my" Watchmen. Now, if we got some comic based figures I'd love it. But Rorschach is the symbol of Watchmen and one of the few that remains unchanged in the movie.

I just got done with the book, and I REALLY want Hot Toys to make an Ozymandias, Rorshach and The Comedian.

Hot Toys needs to make a Silk Spectre. Malin Akerman looks great from what we've seen.

I'm a girl by the way, not a pervert haha

i'll buy the hot toys ones and nothing else.

:lecture

I have no interest at all in the DCD figs. Only HT.

Rorschach, Comedian, and Dr. M look just like the comic versions. The NiteOwl, SilkSpecter, and Ozy costumes have each been tweaked for the better in the movie. The 80s duds look very dated and boring in comparison. Can't wait to see what HT comes up with. I don't think I'll get any of the retro SS 1, Hooded Justice, etc IF they are made.

So I guess HT is out to take everyones money????!??@?@?@?@?@????#??!!!!!!
They've been doing a great job of that lately with the TDK license :(

I wasn't at all interested in getting any of the Watchmen Movie stuff. But if it's true that Hot Toys is getting the license, it's likely going to pique my curiosity.

I really am excited about this movie, and I love the whole look. It's a good representation of the comic. I will buy all of the Hot Toys figures. I just hope they don't screw with the story too much.....

:lecture

I have no interest at all in the DCD figs. Only HT.

Rorschach, Comedian, and Dr. M look just like the comic versions. The NiteOwl, SilkSpecter, and Ozy costumes have each been tweaked for the better in the movie. The 80s duds look very dated and boring in comparison. Can't wait to see what HT comes up with. I don't think I'll get any of the retro SS 1, Hooded Justice, etc IF they are made.

I'd definitely get Sally Jupiter (Silk Spectre I) and Nite Owl I, but I doubt they'll be made.

But I hope we at least get Rorschach (with multiple heads), The Comedian (with multiple heads), Doc Manhattan, Nite Owl II, Silk Spectre II, and Ozy. Hooded Justice would kick all kinds of ass, but that'll definitely never happen.

Oh, and the WATCHMEN license >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TDK license. :lecture

I'd definitely get Sally Jupiter (Silk Spectre I) and Nite Owl I, but I doubt they'll be made.

But I hope we at least get Rorschach (with multiple heads), The Comedian (with multiple heads), Doc Manhattan, Nite Owl II, Silk Spectre II, and Ozy. Hooded Justice would kick all kinds of ass, but that'll definitely never happen.

Oh, and the WATCHMEN license >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TDK license. :lecture

Not if Fox has their way ;)

Back