PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow WWI Bayonets & Barbed Wire retailers?

hmsresolute
08-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if anyone sells Sideshow's Bayonets & Barbed wire figures other than Lt. Eddie Rickenbacker? Thanks!

- H.M.S. Resolute

ProgMatinee
08-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Here's a place with a Lewis gunner (I think that's WWI?)

http://www.eplanettoys.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=2606

-Super Hans-
08-18-2008, 08:51 AM
i wish dragon or DID would produce some decent ww1 figures. theres not enough on the market

Doomhammer
08-18-2008, 08:55 AM
I think someday they will, just a matter of when.

edit: that is, once they get off their nazi addiction :p

Rabbit
08-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Although he's not a Sideshow Cotswold (http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIVAL-08) has Sgt. Alvin C. York in stock.

Rabbit

hmsresolute
08-18-2008, 02:58 PM
The British Lewis gunner is sold out, as well as any other ww1 figures on that website atm.

hmsresolute
08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Does anyone else know where I can find WW1 figures of any brand? Thanks!

-Super Hans-
08-22-2008, 05:01 PM
im still waiting for dragon to pic this series up and run with it

hmsresolute
08-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Yeah, really. Dragon is all about ww2 and nazi's... what is that all about. They would make great WW1 figures...

hmsresolute
08-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Okay, does anyone know who has the SST U.S. Army Infantryman, aka - Doughboy? There were like 3500 of these things made and I cannot find one! I desperately want one of these!

Giggity Goo!

hmsresolute
08-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Ebay also has a 189 dollar General Pershing for sale, way overpriced...

hmsresolute
09-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Anyone else?

hmsresolute
09-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Anyone else? If you see a General Pershing, let me know! As a matter of fact, if you see any Bayonets & Barbed wire figure, please tell me about it! I wanna get the whole set!

Rabbit
09-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Toy Anxiety (http://www.toyanxiety.com/template.jsp?page=Catalog&menu=1&id=597) has the Frenchman for $45. 4Leaf Toys (http://www.4-leaftoys.com/4_leaf_toys_005.htm) has Eddie Rickenbacker for $39 and Timewalker (http://www.timewalkertoys.com/) has him for $30.

Rabbit

hmsresolute
09-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks a Million! I already have Eddie Rickenbacker, but I bought the French RMLE figure. Thanks to you Rabbit, I am one figure closer to having the whole set!

THANKS RABBIT! :gun <( X_X )>

Rabbit
09-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Oops!! I missed the part about you already having Rickenbacker. Silly rabbit.

Rabbit

hmsresolute
09-07-2008, 08:37 AM
That RMLE figure is awesome, I cant wait to get it!

hmsresolute
09-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I just posted an Album of my currently Bayonets and Barbed Wire figures and I have another of my upcoming WW1-WW2 Diorama.

hmsresolute
09-09-2008, 01:47 PM
bumping the thread

Doomhammer
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
That dio looks big, any sketches of what you have in mind?

FDBMath
09-09-2008, 02:44 PM
You might try the market at http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/index.php

hmsresolute
09-09-2008, 03:29 PM
For the diorama, doomhammer, I am thinking that I will make the walls much higher, with a wall aiming out towards the open "green" space. This wall will be blown out with 2 figures shooting out the broken area, with sandbags below them on the outside wall. I also have Charles Winstone, brand new. That will go in the empty space with sandbags around it. I just filled sandbags up today and I have a few left to go, but it started raining... Any ideas on how to mess up the terrain a lil' bit? I need to make this look like a battlefield, not the king's courtyard, lol.

hmsresolute
10-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I now have the Red Baron, 5th Marine, Australian Light Horseman, U.S. Army Lieutenant, British Lewis Gunner, Eddie Rickenbacker and possibly: German Lt, German Trench Raider and another 5th Marine(This costs like $30, pretty cheap so I might sell later down the road)

siquisiri
10-12-2008, 06:46 PM
If your looking for a good base figure to bash a WWI Dough-boy, try the sgt York figure by Legacy of Valor. Cotswold has them for $29.99.

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIVAL-08

hmsresolute
10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I've seen that. BTW, anyone know how much a custom Sgt. Horvath figure from Saving Pvt. Ryan would be worth? This figure is made of the highest 1/6 materials I could find, and looks great - unlike others.

hmsresolute
10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
I am bidding on a SST WWI Doughboy, Ultra Hard to find, bidding already over $100 in the first hours of posting. Also bidding on 2 Scottish Blackwatches, 1 German Stossstrupen (The one with the retareded camo helmet) and a German Lt.

ProgMatinee
10-21-2008, 06:10 AM
Do you have this one?

http://www.aboyd.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SS%204111

Jmlsuperman
10-21-2008, 06:14 AM
This place has a ton, a lot might not be on their website, but if you call they can tell you all they have.

http://www.amazingcomics.com/

hmsresolute
10-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks. I might be getting a General Pershing soon and a ww1 Doughboy.

hmsresolute
10-27-2008, 08:35 PM
I just bought the SST WWI U.S. Army Infantryman Doughboy A.E.F. 1918! This is such a rare figure, and I got it for under $100!!!!!!!!!!

ProgMatinee
10-29-2008, 06:48 AM
I just bought the SST WWI U.S. Army Infantryman Doughboy A.E.F. 1918! This is such a rare figure, and I got it for under $100!!!!!!!!!!

I just got the US Army Officer for $15 from http://www.aboyd.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SS%204111

hmsresolute
10-29-2008, 09:15 AM
I just bought it too. WoW!!! That is a CHEAP price for the US Army Officer, lol. It is worth atleast 70 bucks. How the heck do they sell for 15? The least you could have bought for was like 50 when sideshow sold em.

James Wolfe
10-31-2008, 02:45 AM
I think I'll get (another) one as well. I have a loose one and a sealed one but who can pass it up at that price? HOw much was the shipping??

hmsresolute
10-31-2008, 09:19 AM
I believe $11.60? I am pretty sure. The place is located in Jackson, Mississippi I believe.

ProgMatinee
10-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Thats seems a lot. I bought like 7 figures from them and it was only $20 or so shipping.

hmsresolute
10-31-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't really know... I live in Raleigh, N.C. and I think anywhere from 9-12 bucks is reasonable for shipping.

James Wolfe
11-01-2008, 05:24 AM
They had a bunch of SSTs on clearance so I went nuts. I got 3 of the AEF Officers, 5 ACW soldiers and a Bela Lugosi Gypsy from the Wolfman movie!!! They were so cheap. Even if I use the bodies for customs - 15 bucks with all the uniform stuff to boot? I see nude bodies go at shows and on eBay for $10 - how could I not buy them??? Debt is temporary, toys are forever...

hmsresolute
11-01-2008, 08:39 AM
yeah.... you did go nuts. My only interest is ww1 and sometimes their ACW line... :gun <( *_* )>

hmsresolute
11-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Check out my Album of my wwI figures - there are also pictures of my custom made trench!!!!!

hmsresolute
12-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Okay... Anyone know of any other figures from Sideshow's B&B Line that are for sale?

Rob
12-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Anyone know where I can get a 5th Marine Rifleman? Seems like he's the one people go for the most.

hmsresolute
12-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Keep checking Ebay, he was up there a couple of days ago. Especially since it is 2 - 3 weeks until Christmas.... I am sure one will turn up.

hmsresolute
12-22-2008, 02:37 PM
right now, there is a British Lewis Gunner, German Stormpioneer & Marine up for AUCTION on Ebay. There is also a U.S. Officer, Eddie Rickenbacker(regular) and German Officer up for buy - it - now. Check it out on Ebay - search "Sideshow WWI" and "Sideshow Bayonets"

The Dude
12-25-2008, 01:14 PM
i like the fact that did is producing a vast amount of nazis. as there were a vast amount of german units to do so. i just like the infantry germans a little more than the generals. im just waiting on a B.A.R. gunner. im suprised they havent done one yet. and im waiting on an american sniper and a few more marines. id say they will eventually do a WWI line, but it may be a while. who knows. id love to see a few more japs though. and a WWI line would be great.

hmsresolute
12-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Yes, I agree. I think that if DiD "did" a WWI line, it would sell like wildfire. DiD Would no doubt make great figures, and what have they got to lose? WWI would bring in a ton of money and a ton of joy to 1/6 collectors around the world. My only concern, though, is that 1.) DiD makes terrible American headsculpts, 2.) They make difficult to deal with hands, and 3.) Their equipment is very easily broken. Seriously, a baby could break the accessories that they include with their figures. I don't know why, but it seems that DiD makes cheap equipment. It looks very detailed and expensive - but the quality is the exact opposite. \

I would have to say that DiD needs to make some changes before considering a WWI line. I do not want to spend a ton of cash (Because a DiD WWI figure is bound to be worth BIG BUCKS!) on a WWI figure and break it by just trying to put the gear ON the figure.

But Yes, I do want to see a WWI line from DiD. Bottom line message to DiD
"Quality is what counts, not Quantity"

siquisiri
12-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Unfortunatley, WWI doesnt sell compared to WWII figs. Twisting Toys put oit an excellent WWI Italian Carbiniere. The uniform could be used for a standard Italian soldier. They also had a WWI Italian stromtrooper with a full farnia armor in the works, but I dont know if it will go into production. With SST putting out a new civil war cannon, Im hoping they will do the same with the B&BW WWI line

The Dude
01-01-2009, 04:18 PM
i like did's gear, but i do tend to break some of their stuff. and its always the tiny ^^^^ that i bust, like the buttons on the american canteens. them piss me off. lol. i love their figures though. the american sculpts are not coolest but i do like the bendable hands. but i wish they would make them able to accept the regular hands they make as well, instead of that damn ball joint in the wrist. and an easier method of changing heads would be great!

hmsresolute
01-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Yes, I have seen the WWI Italian soldier. I think that the reason it did not sell so well is because it is an Italian Soldier. An Italian Soldier is not exactly an iconic WWI figure. They should have made an American, German, British or Russian soldier. I know it sounds wrong, but many people are oblivious to Italy's involvement in WWI.

As for DiD, I still believe that their equipment is bad quality. However, you have to admit that their uniforms are far more detailed than other brands. :flag

James Wolfe
01-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Yea, unless you're an Ernest Hemingway fan!! Didn't he drive an ambulance for the Red Cross in Italy in WWI? Still it's a nice figure and I think I'll eventually get one, maybe customize it to something a little more common, like an infantryman or Alpine soldier. There were some pretty big battles with the Italians in WWI - Caporetto was one I recall - I think with the Austo-Hungarian forces, which would make a nice pair of figures. Ah, the time. Ah, the money....

The Dude
01-02-2009, 09:36 AM
id like to see a better line of WWI troops. sideshow did ok with them, but i think that DiD would do a better job with them. i think sideshow ended the line a little early due to the sales. but i dont know. and i must agree that the uniforms on the DiD dudes do far surpass that of other companys. the uniform and its insignias can greatly increase the realism of the figure and make it truly stand out among others. thats one thing i havent seen much of in the sideshow lines. but they still are cool figures. just not enough of them to choose from. id love to see DiD do some doughboys and some germans from that war. i think theyd be amazing. but im still waiting for sideshow to do a pf capt. miller from saving private ryan. id love it. oh how good it is to dream....

siquisiri
01-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Iconic or not, they was some heavy duty fighting that occured on the Italian front. Id personally like to see some Turk, Russian, or austro-hungarian, troops. Sideshow pretty much covered US, Brit, and german troops.

hmsresolute
01-04-2009, 01:40 PM
I personally love the Bayonets & Barbed Wire line, but there are a few flaws.
Sideshow made some of the belts out of elastic - that is STUPID! It completely ruins it! Also, some of the boots don't allow the figure to stand up on his own - you have to use a prop or something to keep him from falling over.

Rob
01-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Eh, the problem with DID is that they mostly either have the wrong gear for the wrong year that their figure(s) are set in(IE: 101st Airborne Ricky Foster has the M43 trousers(Market Garden) with an M42 Tunic(Normandy) ), or they don't include some of the most essential gear(IE: 101st Airborne Albert Ross' helmet is missing the leather paratroop chin strap liner).

Dragon used to be very good, but have fallen behind over the years. Their newer figures are pretty mediocre now.

hmsresolute
01-10-2009, 02:52 PM
I think it would be best if Sideshow Made new WWI figures. They would make a ton of cash and make a ton of people happy.

hmsresolute
01-31-2009, 05:59 PM
I just put up my custom 1/6 WW1 trench up for sale on ebay. I made a custom 1:6 scale ww1 trench for my B&B wire figures. It is too small now for all my allied figures and I need to make a larger one. The one I am selling is still pretty big, though. Check it out if you want.

Doomhammer
02-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Stupid question perhaps, but can't you use your trench for a bigger one? You could expand it with a housing hole or a heavy MSG position or something.

roguebaron
02-01-2009, 11:58 AM
You can get a few at silversnail.com out of Toronto Canada, no idea what shipping would cost, but it's probably less that sc.

hmsresolute
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
It's already up on eBay... and I already have the plans for a new trench...

James Wolfe
02-04-2009, 03:11 AM
I'm tellin' ya boys, I remember vaguely a Maxim Gun with crew from the B & B series. I want to say it was a future release that never happened. I remember seeing this online when the series was still available and I thought "I'll never get in to buying these toys because I'll go broke trying to get the whole series." Now I have 2 or more of everything!! Does anyone remember this or is it just a figment of my imagination?? Crew may have just been the Officer and Trench raider, but the Maxim was there....

hmsresolute
02-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately, I started collecting after everything was sold out. You could go buy the DID Vickers MG from the John coleman collection. It is very detailed - full metal and definitely ww1 era. (P.S. It is cheaper to buy the whole set - they sell the guns for like 40 bucks and why not get ww1 british uniform pieces for 20 bucks more?)

Everyone reading this who is frustrated that Sideshow quit developing ww1 figures should write to sideshow via their website. They need to develop new ww1 figures and accessories. Like, it would be nice to have WWI carded uniform sets like they did in the BoA series. If we all send complaints and ideas, they will notice and take us seriously.

Doomhammer
02-04-2009, 11:08 AM
While we're at it, why don't we email DiD as well to ask thèm for some WWI stuff. Now that would be Christmas.

hmsresolute
02-04-2009, 04:17 PM
It would be a little odd displaying sideshow & DiD ww1 figures, it might make Sideshow's figures look a little "retarded"...

James Wolfe
02-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Is the John Coleman uniform in fact of WWI vintage? It's an officer's uniform, isn't it? Any different than enlisted? I was thinking of getting that figure.

hmsresolute
02-05-2009, 08:19 AM
John Coleman is very early ww2, and his uniform is composed of mainly ww1 uniform parts. the jacket is ww1, so are the pants and putees, as well as the helmet. The vickers is extremely useful in a ww1 diorama - especially this one as it is full metal and very accurate. So, to answer your question - This figure is a ww2 figure but is so early ww2 that it is also ww1. The dress cap that he comes with is so big it is kind of retarded. I believe this uniform is different than inlisted - but you might be able to convert it easily.

siquisiri
02-05-2009, 09:13 AM
The jacket is right on for WWI, but the cuffs are not. You have to do some cutting and sewing to fix the cuffs.

hmsresolute
02-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I really hope that other companies make ww1 uniforms. It would be nicer if sideshow made ww1 carded uniform sets like they did in their Brotherhood of Arms line.

siquisiri
02-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Companeros,
Im selling my complete set of SST Bayonet and Barbwire if anyone is interested:http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49429

hmsresolute
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I saw it on Ebay. Giggity - that looks golden!

hmsresolute
02-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I slept on it and if you have enough cash to buy the full Bayonets & Barbed Wire set - do it. They are getting rarer and rarer every day.

Think about it - Sideshow's Bayonets & Barbed Wire line is really the ONLY 1/6 WWI figure collection made. Other companies have tried, but they can't compete with sideshow.

Also, the pricing isn't bad. And, you wouldn't have to make up a set by buying everything seperately. Last, every figure in this set is NEW. That is really rare considering some figures were made 8 years ago.

-Chunks McFadden

hmsresolute
02-14-2009, 11:40 AM
In other news, there are some sellers on eBay that are charging OUTRAGEOUS prices on their figures. (I am specifically talking about B&BW figures)

For example: A German trench raider in their eBay store = $300.00 + shipping.

Who in the world buys these things? What makes these sellers put the prices so high, it is like selling a dollar for a hundred dollars.

Doomhammer
02-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Either it's people judging these figures by other sideshow products that fetch high prices or (and I think more likely) they're just trying to fool someone. Worth the try I suppose? To be honest I don't think any B&B should fetch over $100, and that's just the rare ones.

hmsresolute
02-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah. I believe that the Bayonets & Barbed Wire line is an elegant line of figures, but I have seen the General Pershing figure go for $250.00. That is alot, however there are only 500 of them world-wide.

hmsresolute
03-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I just saw the trench and raider (unboxed) go for 28 bucks on ebay. shipping was 12. 40 bucks for a raider and the SST Trench (RARE as hell)

This is crazy!!!!!!

Jmlsuperman
03-10-2009, 07:18 PM
You can try AMAZING COMICS & CARDS or BROOKHURST HOBBIES, both are in Orange County, CA I think.

hmsresolute
03-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks. I checked, they are all sold out. I think they are all sold out at brick and mortar stores now. I have nearly the whole set and I have gotten them all on eBay. However, I did buy eddie rickenbacker at a local store back in the day... I wished I had explored their line..... damn!

hmsresolute
03-17-2009, 07:14 PM
I just thought of putting together a HUGE WW1 diorama. Some of the things I thought about putting in it were like an M1917 water cooled .30 cal machine gun, crates, etc... I need to get the french rifleman from sideshow toys though. I want to make a dio of American AEF Soldiers and a French Infantryman.

hmsresolute
04-07-2009, 04:10 AM
There is a trench wall up on eBay with 2 hrs left... IT IS BOXED, but has been opened.

hmsresolute
05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
IT has been a while since last post, but there are 3 French 151st regt. figures, 1 pershing figure, 1 German Winderfeldt rifleman, 1 or 2 U.S. Officers, 1 German Stosstrupen (series 1) figure, and 1 german officer Leutnant ON EBAY (us).

Search: Sideshow WWI, Sideshow WW1, and Sideshow Bayonets. You should find all the above with these search titles. Hope this helps some.

hmsresolute
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
It has been a very long while since the last post to this forum. I would suggest checking over on Ebay... only private collectors are the ones with these figures any more.

If anyone does find a store with these figures in stock, please let me know.

I need loose sideshow lewis gunner uniforms and webbing.