Tropic Thunder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would have sworn we had a thread for this film - but I couldn't find it.

One of the funniest movies I've seen in a long, long time. I've never admired Ben Stiller's choice of movie roles - I've practically hated everything he's done as an actor recently. But he's one funny dude when it comes to writing and directing.

And whatever you think about Tom Cruise - you'll change your mind after this film.

ah .. so TC is the big ticket guest Ebert wouldnt spoil in his review ..... :monkey1

'Bout time this thread appeared. I'm seeing it at 5pm and can't wait. Been dying for this for the last three months, since I heard about Downey's performance.

And I agree about Stiller. I don't like much of his work, except Zoolander, which I believe he also wrote + directed. So yeah, he should stick to that formula.

This movie is the funnest comedy I've seen in a long time. Jack Black was actually likable in this role and I usually hate Jack Black. I loved Robert Downey Jr's character and Stiller was pretty funny, a role I haven't seen him in for a loooong time. I will say this though a lot of the cameos still the picture from the main characters like Tom Cruise's role which still has me laughing and I knew which Lance they were referring to even before he was shown. The previews before the film perfectly framed the picture even though the ending was fairly predictable. Definitely a 4 out 5, not groundbreaking by any means but smart and a great Hollywood commentary, you gotta love when no one is safe. I also really appreciated how the film pulled full circle.

"I'm a dude playing a dude who is disguised as another dude."

That line doesn't make a whole lot of scene until you see the context and the natural progression is hilarious. I hope we see Tropic Thunder merchandise out there because I'd love a T-Shirt like the crew was wearing.

It was decent. I could almost feel everyone involved patting themselves on the back. I felt like a voyeur in a Hollywood circle jerk more than anything else. Some good parts though. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

I LOVED everything about this movie, from the fake trailers at the beginning to the 'Fake Oscars' at the end. The cast was great, Stiller and Black are solid and Downey Jr. is an absolute genius, I hope to see him in more comedies soon. Danny McBride is slowly starting to get on my good side as he was funny as well. I laughed so hard at the dialogue at some points my side hurt and the cameos are priceless (Tom Cruise :rock). I can't wait to see this again, either at the theater or on Blu-Ray.

And whatever you think about Tom Cruise - you'll change your mind after this film.
Yeah, say what you will about him, he was F'N AWESOME in this! :lol

Well I had planned to see this tonight with the girlfriend and our two friends but no dice. Apparently the theater was actually checking IDs for once and our one friend who just got out of the hospital about a week or two ago after a car wreck didn't have his license with him. What makes this even better is the fact that not only does my girlfriend work at said theater, but I watched the usher-chick let at least 5 other people by for the flick without bothering to check their IDs. If not for the fact I didnt want to make my girlfriends working life a living nightmare I would have raised holy hell. Ah well maybe sometime during the week.

I LOVED everything about this movie, from the fake trailers at the beginning to the 'Fake Oscars' at the end. The cast was great, Stiller and Black are solid and Downey Jr. is an absolute genius, I hope to see him in more comedies soon. Danny McBride is slowly starting to get on my good side as he was funny as well. I laughed so hard at the dialogue at some points my side hurt and the cameos are priceless (Tom Cruise :rock). I can't wait to see this again, either at the theater or on Blu-Ray.

Yeah, say what you will about him, he was F'N AWESOME in this! :lol

It's been a long time since I heard anything good about Tom Cruise. Everything was either about him going nuts on Oprah, or his laugh, or his grin....

Might have to give this a go but it hasn't opened here yet.....

There were some angry protesters at my local theater yesterday. They didn't like how the characters were using the "R" word. Which they do alot. I didn't care though it was all in good fun.

Hilarious movie, saw it yesterday and loved pretty much every minute of it. Anybody who has a problem with the word "retard" being used so many times really should focus on much larger problems going on in the world today.

It's a comedy, people should have fun. :rock

Back