total movie take

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that's why i posted it, just to show that even when a movie is this bad it still can make a studio a ^^^^ load of money. so i would thick we will see yet another sequel, with revenue like this. of course harrison will probably not be up for a major role, just a small part. hence the reason for bringing in his son for future movies.

I guess thats if you consider Indy 4 bad. Its not from my pov but its not as good as TDK either. Saw both and enjoyed the hell out of both so they where successful films for me.

This is what drives studios to greenlight these s**tty scripts...all they see is BANK. Studios love Lucas cause he rakes in the dough, they'll do ANYTHING for him that has Star Wars on it and it appears now they will with Indiana Jones as well.

I enjoyed Indy IV but it is nowhere NEAR the same level as the original 3...all that in terms of script, story and most of the scenes-on-screen. Lucas went "$tar War$ Prequel Crazy" with Indy IV and then at the end of the day he tries to distance himself and say stuff like "we did it for the fans" and step away from the criticism it gets.

What an idiot.

I guess thats if you consider Indy 4 bad. Its not from my pov but its not as good as TDK either. Saw both and enjoyed the hell out of both so they where successful films for me.

Then you were the crowd they were banking on.

Spielucas set out to sell toys and made a farce of a moive.

Nolans group set out to make a good movie and it sold toys.

TDK hasn't been doing as good in the international markets as they speculated to date Indy has doubled the TDK International markets. The shocking thing was going to that site and typing in "Iron Man" and seeing in comparison compared to both films....even though that film was the talk of the town for weeks.

I agree. If a movie makes me feel entertained and I enjoy them...I could care less what anyone else feels. :maul

That's the key and IMO what movies are about.

This is what drives studios to greenlight these s**tty scripts...all they see is BANK. Studios love Lucas cause he rakes in the dough, they'll do ANYTHING for him that has Star Wars on it and it appears now they will with Indiana Jones as well.

I agree there are plenty of movies that get made with this in mind. There are also a lot of movies that get made where an actor has to do a certain role to get the really good role they want. However, I don't agree that they did this with Indy but thats just me.

I enjoyed Indy IV but it is nowhere NEAR the same level as the original 3...all that in terms of script, story and most of the scenes-on-screen. Lucas went "$tar War$ Prequel Crazy" with Indy IV and then at the end of the day he tries to distance himself and say stuff like "we did it for the fans" and step away from the criticism it gets.

What an idiot.

To me Indy 4 is as good as TOD. Thats my least fave of the 4 if you can say that about any of these really. :lol They're fun to watch and a good escape.

Then you were the crowd they were banking on.

That's fine with me. I enjoyed the movie and had a good time. Thats all I care about. There's no shame in that.

I agree. If a movie makes me feel entertained and I enjoy them...I could care less what anyone else feels. :maul

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Same here. I thought Indy IV was great and enjoyed every minute.

Post #3000 :banana

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Same here. I thought Indy IV was great and enjoyed every minute.

Ditto. Gonna use my whip on the boo birds:whip...

But seriously, like it or hate it-- I could care less... It's what I think that matters (to me anyway).:D

I love how everything I read about KotCS starts with something like "although it was panned by critics and fans alike...."

Meanwhile it got 76% on rottentomatoes.com. Sure it ain't the 94% that the Dark Knight earned, but it ain't exactly getting "panned" either.

Goes to show how the media will often times crowbar their own verdict into the story.

You also gotta' love how liking it or not liking it often winds up in an intellectual battle :rolleyes:

To each his own. 'Nuff said.

I also enjoyed Indy 4, it didnt have the same feel as the old ones...but meh, you try having the same feel to a series after taking a break for 20 years?

Everyone could have. The hype was overdone around KOTCS. LFL in print and media made it seem like the second coming and even directly connected this piece to the nostalga to the first trilogy. They set themselves up for disappointment much the same way that TPM did by really hyping the "return" of the franchise after so long.

TDK came really really close to this as well with their hype and for some people did that despite the great film on screen. Hype can kill a film before its even released because expectations are just too high.

Ever heard of inflation? 20 Million U$D was worth a lot more back in the early 80's.
And Indiana Jones IV was a enjoyable, entertaining movie, IMO.

According to the Inflation Calculator I found:

What cost $20,000,000 in 1981 would cost $49,716,700.65 in 2007

You can't really use that as an argument here $180 Million is huge no matter what year you are dealing with.

Everyone could have. The hype was overdone around KOTCS. LFL in print and media made it seem like the second coming and even directly connected this piece to the nostalga to the first trilogy. They set themselves up for disappointment much the same way that TPM did by really hyping the "return" of the franchise after so long.

I agree that over-hyping something can often lead to disappointment, but surely it isn't strange for them to connect it to the nostalgia from the first three movies. Reliving some of that is really the whole point of making another movie in the same series.

Yeah, Indy IV was good... I liked it and had fun watching it. It had its groan moments like any modern Lucas endeavor, but still a cool flick.

Yeah, Indy IV was good... I liked it and had fun watching it. It had its groan moments like any modern Lucas endeavor, but still a cool flick.

yeah that's how i felt about it. i still haven't seen TDK though or the clone wars.

Back