Has the luster worn off this section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
It started with a big bang...but there's not a lot going on here lately. Just look at the dates of the thread posts.

The film has come and gone, the toys are out, the Sideshow line is moving at an LOTR pace.

This section was a great "kiss" to LFL, but maybe it's unnecessary now. "Dark Knight" has a lot more chit-chat and it doesn't have a "Batman" section.

Hey, I'm a HUGE Indy fan -- see avatar -- but I'm just curious how others feel about this section.

I think alot of companies, save Hasbro, dropped the ball with the liscense. They should have been putting out product last year building on the hype. Having said that, hopefully we'll get some sort of announcement before year end about some new product. I would love it if SS did a vs. diorama type line with Indy. I think it would have alot of possibilities and we could get characters we may not be willing to buy a PF of. Or some prop replicas, anybody? I think things might pick up in time. Plenty of Indy fans out there.

taking too long to be released....i'll be pumped again when it gets closer to shipping.

This was inevitable. Once the movie was out of theaters and people's minds, this forum was bound to dry up.

This section was a great "kiss" to LFL, but maybe it's unnecessary now. "Dark Knight" has a lot more chit-chat and it doesn't have a "Batman" section.

The Dark Knight threads will probably die off as soon as the figures have all been released. I think it worked in DK's favor because the figures came out with the release of the movie, so a great deal of hype was built up and continues. Not so with Indy (excluding Hasbro).

It also helps that DK > Indy 4 and they have a better selection of collectible figures.

Well, the nice thing about Indy and LOTR you know who's really into itand who unlike SW is just riding the wave.

Irish the machine must be on Vaca. :lol

This section will never lose any luster as long as ROTLA stuff rolls through it... for me anyway.

But, having said that, I never quite thought it should have been a section of its own in the first place...

Section is dead until we get a figure.

I kind of agree with the King, the only thread I even participate in is the Mighty Mugg one. Need figures/announcements to really keep this thing moving. Anyone else pissed about the Belloq exclusive? I know I am. :whip

Maybe if the figures were ready to ship earlier and the movie didn't blow, this section would be hoppin!!

It slowed down when everyone saw that poor excuse for a movie.

I imagine it will ebb and flow like the LOTR section... but really its a franchise that merchandise isn't the norm and maybe it just doesn't have enough of a following to keep it super interesting like the SW or Aliens/Robot section.

But still, nice to have all the Indy stuff in one locale.

It was a bad idea to give Indy a whole section in the first place...

One thread would have sufficed. The hype of the movie fueled this section in the beginning, is gone now. Only the diehard will remain after a while

Back