PDA

View Full Version : New Hot Toys Joker Bank Robber

MrE
08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Forbidden Planet UK have the Hot Toys Joker Bank Robber figure for pre-order which is expected 18th December 2008.

No pictures at the moment but Im sure they will come with the official announcement from Hot Toys.

Links here:

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_5883&products_id=47383

First of others to come?

Zoolander
08-13-2008, 03:13 PM
I like buying with them as I live in London, but I don't think I will bother getting 2 different jokers, i might pickup the bank robber mask separate though.

MrE
08-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Sorry just seen that there is a thread for this already..

Well for UK buyers its up for pre-order anyway

Wanderer
08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Wonder if they'll re-work the sculpt?

BTW Play.com have the Tumbler at 379.00 and Batpod at 299.00! Got mine on order through ebay 245.00 and 140.00 BARGAIN

EVILFACE
08-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Waiting on pics!!!!!!!!!!

Mista305
MRE..if the UK buyers dont mind getting them from the U.S. I have them at $139.95 for repeat customers and $144.95 for new customers add in the $25 shipping and you should still be about 25.00 cheaper going through us...

Mista305
Waiting on pics!!!!!!!!!!

so am I!!!

MrE
08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
MRE..if the UK buyers dont mind getting them from the U.S. I have them at $139.95 for repeat customers and $144.95 for new customers add in the $25 shipping and you should still be about 25.00 cheaper going through us...

Dont worry I will be getting mine from you!

I aint paying 120 for this figure in rip off Britain

You can send me a pre-order form if you like Mista mate

Mista305
08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Dont worry I will be getting mine from you!

I aint paying 120 for this figure in rip off Britain

You can send me a pre-order form if you like Mista mate

just sent you one

cheers
Joe

Zoolander
08-13-2008, 03:27 PM
mista i'm still getting my TDK batman with you!

Mooncat
08-13-2008, 03:32 PM
jstep that sig its gonna give me nightmares, looks like the pinch filter in photoshop but its simply too real to be that

pixletwin
08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
His sig is from a very VERY creepy movie called Sideshow Freaks :rock

galactiboy
08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
No, just called Freaks (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0022913/)... but still very creepy :rock And the Ramones reference it :rock

pixletwin
08-13-2008, 03:56 PM
I like Sideshow Freaks better. :lol

Cocoboloboy
08-13-2008, 06:18 PM
What the heck are you guys talkin about?

jstep13
08-13-2008, 08:19 PM
lol I made a comment by mistake and then deleted it and he commented on my sig before I deleted it so he's not crazy - at least not that we know of :D

The Mike
08-13-2008, 08:52 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/kryptonianmike/GIFS/icon_worthless.gif

AndyHel
08-13-2008, 10:29 PM
damn...was REALLY hoping for some pictures in this one.

Malice
08-13-2008, 10:34 PM

:lecture.........

Mista305
08-14-2008, 04:05 AM
yeah no pics yet...

Johnny Utah
08-14-2008, 06:05 AM
What a useless thread.Delete if without pics.

The Monster
08-14-2008, 06:11 AM
My Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker is Pre-ordered!!!!!!:D

J-Wild
08-14-2008, 06:25 AM
My Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker is Pre-ordered!!!!!!:D

What sites have this for preorder already?

Mista305
08-14-2008, 06:33 AM
What sites have this for preorder already?

I am taking preorders...

Zoolander
08-14-2008, 06:35 AM
do you think the head sculpt and paintjob will be the same as he regular joker version?

Johnny Utah
08-14-2008, 06:44 AM
I'd say HT will do two heads.One will have the clown mask permanently attached,the other will be a new Ledger sculpt,more accurate to the film.Now that the film is out WB will have given them more reference pics.

MrE
08-14-2008, 06:47 AM

2 words then..

JOG ON

Zoolander
08-14-2008, 06:55 AM
I'd say HT will do two heads.One will have the clown mask permanently attached,the other will be a new Ledger sculpt,more accurate to the film.Now that the film is out WB will have given them more reference pics.

that what I was worried of:lol just as I am a day away from receiving my regular version

Moonloop
08-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Cornerstore has this listed on their site:

"The Bank Robbery Joker may come with two heads, goon mask, duffle bag and two guns!"

Kabukiman
08-14-2008, 11:05 AM
"The Bank Robbery Joker may come with two heads, goon mask, duffle bag and two guns!"

:rotfl It also may come with the cure for cancer and two high-definition televisions.

Zoolander
08-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Cornerstore has this listed on their site:

if the goon mask is separate from the heads then I wonder what the 2nd head may be :confused:

Moonloop
08-14-2008, 11:07 AM
if the goon mask is separate from the heads then I wonder what the 2nd head may be :confused:

One head will be the normal hair free flowing Joker. The other will probably be a head with his hair slicked back so that the mask will fit and look properly.

Nuka Cola Kidd
08-14-2008, 11:08 AM
How long do you guys think until we see some pictures of him?

scubasteve
08-14-2008, 11:09 AM
One head will be the normal hair free flowing Joker. The other will probably be a head with his hair slicked back so that the mask will fit and look properly.

I'm thinking it will be a mask sculpted on. Non-removable. At least, I'm hoping so.

Zoolander
08-14-2008, 11:12 AM
maybe a sculpted on mask and a separate mask for the in hand option

spoongirl
08-14-2008, 11:31 AM
How long do you guys think until we see some pictures of him?
I sure hope in the near future...I can barely wait to see what this one looks like:monkey5:banana

ffejeromdiks
08-14-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking it will be a mask sculpted on. Non-removable. At least, I'm hoping so.

Why? Two heads is alot better than that.
The Joker head will probably be alot better than the current so all us Joker owners can swap, and then have two great Joker figgerz

pjam
08-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Two heads, goon mask... implies 2 separate heads and a loose mask, hope so.

I really want a removeable mask, it would be more film accurate plus I think HT knows it would be cool for us to see him posed with mask in hand.

Zoolander
08-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Why? Two heads is alot better than that.
The Joker head will probably be alot better than the current so all us Joker owners can swap, and then have two great Joker figgerz

that won't work out for me, I never get two figures of 1 character, it .....'confuses' me.

wofford29
08-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm really surprised no pics have been shown. Especially if they're coming out in only a few months time.

pjam
08-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Two heads, goon mask... implies 2 separate heads and a loose mask, hope so.

I really want a removeable mask, it would be more film accurate plus I think HT knows it would be cool for us to see him posed with mask in hand.

Yeah, I'm almost convinced now that HT will make a removeable mask to mirror the opening shot of TDK. Joker carrying mask in hand with duffel bag...

A sculpted mask head would be a bummer for me now...

Zoolander
08-14-2008, 12:14 PM
I think it will be a sculpted mask AND a separate mask as well as an unmasked head

MrE
08-14-2008, 12:15 PM
I would have thought if they are saying 2 heads, one will have a the mask molded on.

J-Wild
08-14-2008, 12:17 PM
I would have thought if they are saying 2 heads, one will have a the mask molded on.

Yeah, as Bank Robber Joker in TDK, you only see his face the one time. It's not like Joker in the rest of TDK, where his paint undergoes several different stages.

pjam
08-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah, as Bank Robber Joker in TDK, you only see his face the one time. It's not like Joker in the rest of TDK, where his paint undergoes several different stages.

Yes, but in the opening shot he is carrying the mask in his hand.

So, 2 heads, one w/ sculpted mask AND a loose goon mask?

Still think it would be cooler with removeable mask...

We should be seeing leaked shots of this soon now that Joker has shipped out..

MaulFan
08-14-2008, 12:20 PM

Not necessarily, gotta approach it with a greedy eye.

Regular Joker has sold incredibly, enough to warrant a second run. HT knows now that people are really into it, so they're going to release a different one. Sure, some folks like all things Joker or maybe just like the bank robbery look, but those numbers aren't strong on their own. So now they think, hmmm, how do we get the swarms of people that bought the first figure to buy the second. The answer is an add in head, similar to the Wayne head. Left on it's own, I'd see this figure as mask head with slicked back hair and removable mask. Now they decide to throw in a second head because if it's done right, many with the first figure will be enticed to get this variation because it's not just another figure but offers a piece they can use with the first.

The Mike
08-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I'm almost convinced now that HT will make a removeable mask to mirror the opening shot of TDK. Joker carrying mask in hand with duffel bag...

A sculpted mask head would be a bummer for me now...

I'm thinking that they'll provide a Sculpted Joker HS, then a sculpted Goon Mask HS but include a loose mask as more of an accessory then a costuming piece. Maximum posing options that way.....that'd be the two heads plus loose mask.

Zoolander
08-14-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm thinking that they'll provide a Sculpted Joker HS, then a sculpted Goon Mask HS but include a loose mask as more of an accessory then a costuming piece. Maximum posing options that way.....that'd be the two heads plus loose mask.

thats what i thought!

pjam
08-14-2008, 12:30 PM

Yeah, it sort of sounds like the deal but Howard Chan may have another trick up his sleeve... it just, to me, seems like a short cut to a more versatile figure, nothing cooler than a Joker with mask in hand that we could slip over his head. DC did it, why would HT cheap out when they want to out do it?

But it may indeed be the way they go...

ffejeromdiks
08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Not necessarily, gotta approach it with a greedy eye.

Regular Joker has sold incredibly, enough to warrant a second run. HT knows now that people are really into it, so they're going to release a different one. Sure, some folks like all things Joker or maybe just like the bank robbery look, but those numbers aren't strong on their own. So now they think, hmmm, how do we get the swarms of people that bought the first figure to buy the second. The answer is an add in head, similar to the Wayne head. Left on it's own, I'd see this figure as mask head with slicked back hair and removable mask. Now they decide to throw in a second head because if it's done right, many with the first figure will be enticed to get this variation because it's not just another figure but offers a piece they can use with the first.

And if they do that..I'll be getting Bank Robber Joker.

Sachiel
08-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah, it sort of sounds like the deal but Howard Chan may have another trick up his sleeve... it just, to me, seems like a short cut to a more versatile figure, nothing cooler than a Joker with mask in hand that we could slip over his head. DC did it, why would HT cheap out when they want to out do it?

But it may indeed be the way they go...

DCD did a horrible job. HT may do it better, but it would probably turn out nicer if it was sculpted on. There are things to consider. The hair would be sculpted no doubt so the mask would have to fit over that. They could sculpt the hair flattened, but would it look good? Then you have the band to hold the mask on.

saintsyn
08-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Anyone remember Cannibal Jack Sparrow? The one with the head everyone wanted the FIRST time?

I think that now that there is more reference available, they will revisit the headsculpt.

saintsyn
08-14-2008, 01:10 PM
P.S.

BBTS already has them for pre-order.... $149.99

The Mike
08-14-2008, 01:11 PM
With all these places going PO, its only a matter of time before HT releases official images.

Buttmunch
08-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Anyone remember Cannibal Jack Sparrow? The one with the head everyone wanted the FIRST time?

I think that now that there is more reference available, they will revisit the headsculpt.

My thoughts exactly. The first Jack Sparrow figure sculpt was acceptable, just like the first Joker. But the second had two heads - one for the Cannibal look of the figure and a second head, that more or less, was meant to replace the first figure's head if desired. I think that is exactly what will happen with the Bank Robbery Joker. It would force people to buy both Jokers to make the "perfect" Joker.

Buttmunch
08-14-2008, 01:12 PM
With all these places going PO, its only a matter of time before HT releases official images.

Yeah, its not very often you can get so many orders on blind faith.

The Mike
08-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I still argue that it'll be one sculpted Goon Mask face and one Joker face. Like Cannibal Jack Sparrow if you used the new Jack Sparrow head on the v1 then you had to display Cannibal Jack as Cannibal Jack, this will go that same route.

ffejeromdiks
08-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Hopefully another TDK figure announcement too.

ffejeromdiks
08-14-2008, 01:15 PM
I still argue that it'll be one sculpted Goon Mask face and one Joker face. Like Cannibal Jack Sparrow if you used the new Jack Sparrow head on the v1 then you had to display Cannibal Jack as Cannibal Jack, this will go that same route.

Why though? Thats such a silly idea to make the mask un-removable.

Kabukiman
08-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Could it be that HT went back to the drawing board on this one? Is that why we're not seeing pictures? Or is it too late in the game for that to be a possibility?

The Mike
08-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Why though? Thats such a silly idea to make the mask un-removable.

How do you figure? For the majority of the scene he was masked. Including a second unmasked HS and loose mask would allow for the posing of that scene from the beginning or end of that scene without much issue. What sense would it make to give two HS both unmasked and one loose mask? Its almost fully saying that our first Joker HS sucked so use this one. Cannibal Jack had two so you could go Cannibal or go standard DMC Jack. Makes much more sense IMHO to go the route I was suggesting.

pjam
08-14-2008, 01:22 PM
The very first image of the Joker, he was holding mask in hand... plus it's just more fun and versatile to have a Joker with removeable mask...

But HT Joker with 2 heads may include one with a mask sculpted head.

If that's the case I may pass on it, it's that important to me...

If the V2 Sculpt is excellent I may pick up a loose one down the road.

MaulFan
08-14-2008, 01:30 PM
The very first image of the Joker, he was holding mask in hand... plus it's just more fun and versatile to have a Joker with removeable mask...

But HT Joker with 2 heads may include one with a mask sculpted head.

If that's the case I may pass on it, it's that important to me...

If the V2 Sculpt is excellent I may pick up a loose one down the road.

You'd be better off getting the whole figure though if you're that interested in the alternate head. If it's really something special, you'll pay close to the figure's price for it on eBay or whatever, I've seen the current Joker head go for a lot and that's getting a mixed reception.

pjam
08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Howard, I hope you are reading this...

If you Guys do a BR Joker without removeable mask pjam will be

VERY DISAPPOINTED :lol

Don't wuss out, make a better version than DC.

You did it with BB, now do it with Joker!

wofford29
08-14-2008, 01:37 PM
I don't care what they do as long as they give us a decent Joker sculpt this time around. I'd also like some revisions to the body, so that he can achieve that hunched over look.

TheObsoleteMan
08-14-2008, 01:44 PM
BBTS has him for $150. Ordered one just in case.

ffejeromdiks
08-14-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't care what they do as long as they give us a decent Joker sculpt this time around. I'd also like some revisions to the body, so that he can achieve that hunched over look.

But he didn't do it when he was robbing the bank:duh

wofford29
08-14-2008, 02:04 PM
But he didn't do it when he was robbing the bank:duh

Apparently you missed the scene where he was standing on the street corner before he was picked up. And ever scene he walked around in he has a hunch.

The Mike
08-14-2008, 02:15 PM
He also hunched when he said "No, I kill the Bus Driver" and hunched while looking at the bank manager.

pjam
08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
You hunched guys can prolly tape cotton to the shoulders to make that hunched look effect, or something like that... but do you Seriously think HT is going to design a new hunched body for this one piece?

What can they do really, pad the jacket or something?

wofford29
08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
You hunched guys can prolly tape cotton to the shoulders to make that hunched look effect, or something like that... but do you Seriously think HT is going to design a new hunched body for this one piece?

What can they do really, pad the jacket or something?

They could achieve the effect just by notching out a little of the hole where the neck post goes and allow the sculpts neck to go down at an angle. Similiar to the curved neck Les put on his head to achieve a similiar look.

MrE
08-14-2008, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=MaulFan;1087902]Not necessarily, gotta approach it with a greedy eye.

Dont get me wrong I agree completely, and this Joker sounds like the accessories will be alot coolerQUOTE]

MrE
08-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Now they decide to throw in a second head because if it's done right, many with the first figure will be enticed to get this variation because it's not just another figure but offers a piece they can use with the first.

Well they have got me, I pre-ordered it straight away and I havent even seen pictures yet!

gdb
08-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I fear that Hot Toys will include a sculpted mask head, but a removable mask is what I want. Like their Predator masks, it's just cooler that way.

DinoLast
08-15-2008, 06:14 AM
There is a third option, Two head sculpts, masked and unmasked and a mask accessory that is hand held only. Best of both worlds, and you don't have to mess up the hair sculpt on the unmasked joker like DCD

Johnny Utah
08-15-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm telling you:

Screen accurate costume
Authentic likeness of Heath Ledger as the Joker
1xnew Joker headsculpt
1xMasked headsculpt w/mask permanently attached
Clown mask
Handgun
Duffel bag
Bank manager's shotgun
Display stand

ffejeromdiks
08-15-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm telling you:

Screen accurate costume
Authentic likeness of Heath Ledger as the Joker
1xnew Joker headsculpt
1xJoker headsculpt removable w/mask
Handgun
Duffel bag
Money
Bank manager's shotgun
Display stand
:D

Kabukiman
08-15-2008, 07:02 AM
And I'm tellin' all ya'all, if you want a purple coat, you're not going to get it with the BR Joker.

Zoolander
08-15-2008, 07:03 AM
And I'm tellin' all ya'all, if you want a purple coat, you're not going to get it with the BR Joker.

ofcourse not

Johnny Utah
08-15-2008, 07:40 AM
That's why I'm getting the first HT Joker next week from actionhq,pre-ordering the Bank Robbery Joker,and probably switching heads when the 2nd one arrives.Then I'll have a great purple suited one and the Robbery one masked.

MrE
08-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Same as what I have done

batfan1991
08-19-2008, 07:56 AM
is this bank robber joker coming to the u.s?

Furious1
08-19-2008, 08:02 AM
DC Direct will be handling NA distribution of the Hot Toys products, including the Bank Robber version. You could just preorder through other sites though, or through Joe here on the boards.

wofford29
08-19-2008, 08:03 AM
You can order it through someone like Mista305(Joe) who has a direct account with Hot Toys. I believe DC Direct will be importing as well, but they'll be more expensive.

batfan1991
08-19-2008, 08:06 AM
tahnks for your info. out of all three jokers taht are almost out the dcd irect which i have the hot toys or the bank robber joker which one would u buy.
i am trying to decide the hot toys joker or the hot toys joker bank robber style.

Morbach
08-19-2008, 08:07 AM
You can order it through someone like Mista305(Joe) who has a direct account with Hot Toys. I believe DC Direct will be importing as well, but they'll be more expensive.

Yeah,exactly,that'd be the best thing to do. It's what I did.

Cap'n Cook
08-19-2008, 08:10 AM
^^^^ it!

Thought there would be a pic when this thread was bumped up. :banghead

Morbach
08-19-2008, 08:12 AM
^^^^ it!

Thought there would be a pic when this thread was bumped up. :banghead

Hopefully a pic won't be too far off

Cap'n Cook
08-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Yeh, fingers crossed.

Just me being impatient. :google :D

MaulFan
08-19-2008, 08:17 AM
HT will play this one strategically. Since they're doing a second run of the first Joker, depending on how they perceive reaction to this new Joker, they may worry that unveiling it now could hurt sales of the first, so they'll want to secure enough orders of the second run to be content then let the new one start selling itself.

Morbach
08-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Yeah,that sounds pretty smart to me. That's pretty much going to guarantee sales for both figures.

Cap'n Cook
08-19-2008, 08:21 AM
HT will play this one strategically. Since they're doing a second run of the first Joker, depending on how they perceive reaction to this new Joker, they may worry that unveiling it now could hurt sales of the first, so they'll want to secure enough orders of the second run to be content then let the new one start selling itself.

I had no idea they were doing a second run of Joker normal ver?! Is it just a straight same as original second batch do you know?

Also, does anyone know where exactly Bank Robber ver was announced?

Morbach
08-19-2008, 08:27 AM
I had no idea they were doing a second run of Joker normal ver?! Is it just a straight same as original second batch do you know?

Also, does anyone know where exactly Bank Robber ver was announced?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it's the exact same,they just had to make more. As far as the bank robber joker goes Joe from the other thread is who I heard it from first and his company is taking pre-orders,so he's legit.

Cap'n Cook
08-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Ah, I see.

Cheers for the info. I really hope at least one pic leaks soon sthough. Although, the marketing reasons you mentioned seems to be a likely cause to delay them. :monkey2

Morbach
08-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Yeah their probably won't be a picture until maybe around October or so but this board will get a pic when they are released.

batfan1991
08-19-2008, 08:33 AM
i cant wait

Cap'n Cook
08-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah their probably won't be a picture until maybe around October or so but this board will get a pic when they are released.

Oh man.....don't say that...please!!

HT, just one pic, I beg of you! :monkey5

MaulFan
08-19-2008, 08:35 AM

It'll be the same figure as is shipping now, they're just producing more. Hot Toys doesn't set edition sizes, and in high demand cases, they've been known to offer second runs, they did it with their first Rocky a few years ago.

Nemestrokus
08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Hey guys I found these two pics on toy-world forums. Enjoy!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/Nemestrokus/20080825085104748jpg.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/Nemestrokus/joker2.jpg

Personally I think the head sculpt on this looks great. This is how the original Joker should have been done. Looks like he'll come with two heads this time slicked back hair so his mask can go over his face and a normal head.

Thrustmaster
08-25-2008, 01:14 PM
you truly have missed this thread:
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39989

:lol

Reinhardt
08-25-2008, 01:16 PM
do we need this thread anymore?

JGouse0498
08-25-2008, 01:40 PM
do we need this thread anymore?

Nope. :lol

King Darkness
08-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Lock this thread please!!!!

And please dont merge it with the other one, just lock this one.

Thnx MODS!

Raelthorne
08-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Note how you get the M76 with this :)

I've rehosted some pics to make life easier for you fine folks!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/Skorne256/BRJoker1.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/Skorne256/BRJoker2.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/Skorne256/BRJoker3.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/Skorne256/BRJoker4.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/Skorne256/BRJoker5.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/Skorne256/BRJoker6.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/Skorne256/BRJoker7.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/Skorne256/BRJoker8.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/Skorne256/BRJoker9.jpg

King Darkness
08-25-2008, 01:58 PM
PLEASE LOCK!

Wor-Gar
08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
PLEASE LOCK!

:lol

I'm not sure he's reading anything here, just posting.

screamingmetal
08-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Absolutely fantastic!
The sculpts are insane!
I'm so glad I ordered both versions from Joe. I'm definitely going to switch the heads around.
Thanks for posting the new images Raelthorne!

pjam
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
PLEASE LOCK!

Yes, Put a sock in it! :lol

This was a spec thread, the REAL one is the product thread with pics. We don't need no stinkin' spec thread no more.

Darklord Dave
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Locking thread. But not because KD said so.