top 5 joes as a kid?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teemu

Super Freak
Reaction score
Who were your favorite top 5 joes/cobra's when you were a kid and why?

Mine:

1.Quick Kick- Because he was a martial Artist and karate dudes were big for me

2.Cobra Commander- Mysterious and the main villian. He had the cool voice to go with it

3.Destro- Mysterious and sinister and laughed quite alot (with a cool voice) which I thought was funny.

4.Zartan- and his Dreadknocks- Zartan and his abilities of chameleon and his cool color change...and a cool cartoon voice to go with it.His dreadknocks were just plain cool with the bafoon dumbness we all could laugh at..not to mention they made that "cold slither" tune

5.Crimson Twins-Tomax and Xamot- How interesting they both finished each others sentences and felt each others pain and senses.they were just cool!

wow the baddies seem to get all the love!

My Top Five Favorite G.I. Joes as a kid in the 1980s were, and still are to this day:

1.) Snake Eyes - the "Ultimate Badass" that can kick your butt and never say a word! Mysterious and just flat out cool. Always will be tops in my book.

2.) Storm Shadow - a close second place to this ninja in white that serves Cobra. He's pretty bad too. The equal to Snake Eyes. Brothers cut from the "same cloth".

3.) Firefly - I just fell in love with the gray and black "urban" camo outfit he wore. Great look. Looks almost like a ninja, but he's not. Stealthy and sneaky. Very cool.

4.) Zartan - The man with the many faces. I really dug him with the color-changing skin, and his swamp vehicle.

4.) Gung-Ho - A U.S. Marine hailing from my home state of Louisiana? Oh yeah. He's on my list.

5.) Scarlett - This girl to me is the ultimate female G.I. Joe character. Plus the fact she's got red hair, and she can kick butt and take names! :D

1. Cobra Commander
2. Snake Eyes
3. Storm Shadow
4. Flint
5. Destro

Why? They are just the ones I remember playing with the most...

Snake Eyes
Cobra Commander
Destro

Those three were my favorite as a kid. I can still remember going to countless toy stores trying to hunt down a Snake Eyes. I finally got one. :)

Here they are...

1) Major Bludd (loved his storyline in the early comics)
2) Destro (loved his storyline as well and he was Scottish:D)
3) Snake-Eyes (his interaction with Kwinn and Dr. Venom was a highlight-- I loved the joes thinking he was dead and then he returned just when Cobra attacked the Pit)
4) Stalker (the first joe I ever bought... always the main guy despite what Duke might have you believe)
5) Clutch/Breaker/Rock & Roll (three way tie cause I'm old skool--)

Zartan - His skin changed colors.
Destro - Loved the chrome dome.
Firefly - Coolest baddie.
Stormshadow - His accessories kicked butt.
B.A.T. - The intercahngable hands and 3D chest plate. Very awesome.

1. Flint - he was the one i allways was when we played

2. Lady Jaye - I had a huge crush on her when I was around 4/5

3. Storm Shadow - he was just a cool villian

4. Duke - because he was G.I. Joe

5. Roadblock - because well he like to rhyme

12" G. I. Joe America's Moveable Fighting Man
12" G. I. Joe Scuba diver
12" G. I. Joe Astronaut
12" G. I. Joe Adventure Team
12" G. I. Joe Adventure Team (with hair and kung-fu grip)

By 1982 (when A Real American Hero line was launched, I was already out in the working world...)

1) B.A.T.s - loved the accessories, removable hands, and lenticular chest plate!
2) Sci-Fi v2 - Always liked the design of this guy
3) Snake Eyes v2 - Awesome character, excellent design!
4) Cobra Commander v1 hooded - Just one of the all-time greatest villain masterminds!
5) Scarlett v1 - My very first G.I. Joe figure, and a cool character.

On the Show...

1. Cobra Commander - Shell face followed by his cloth face.
2. Destro
3. Serpentor *he needs his flying chariot though
4. Baroness - Hot hot!
5. Tie between Dr. Mindbender and Zartan

For toys...

1. Cobra Commander clothed face
2. B.A.T.S
3. Destro
4. Blue and silver metal Cobra Commander
5. Now tie between Red Cobra foot soldier, Snake Eyes, and Zartan

Back