No Ford.....No Jones....according to Lucas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
NICASIO, California (AP) -- George Lucas says he's already identified the one person who can keep the "Indiana Jones" franchise going: Harrison Ford.

George Lucas dismisses ideas that the Indiana Jones series could continue without Harrison Ford.

The filmmaker scoffed at the possibility of passing the famed fedora from Ford to Shia LaBeouf, the 22-year-old actor who played Indy's son Mutt Williams in this summer's "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

"He is Indiana Jones," Lucas said of Ford. "If Indiana Jones wasn't in it, you'd have to call it 'Mutt Williams and the search for Elvis.' ... "Yeah, it's 'Mutt Williams and the Search for Elvis.' "

Lucas sat down with AP Television at his Big Rock Ranch outside San Francisco, where he said he didn't pay much attention to the reception from critics and fans to "Crystal Skull," a sci-fi adventure set in the 1950s. But he definitely sees a future for Dr. Jones. A fifth movie is certainly a possibility.

"The franchise really depends on me coming up with a good idea," Lucas said. "And that series is very research-intensive. So we're doing research now to see if we can't come up with another object for him to chase ... hopefully we'll come up with something."

Meanwhile, the 64-year-old has another popular franchise to nurture: "Star Wars."

Lucas produced the animated "Star Wars: Clone Wars," hitting theaters August 15. It will be followed in the fall with the launch of an animated TV series by the same name, airing on the Cartoon Network and TNT. Lucas plans a live-action "Star Wars" TV series as well, and he's also looking into re-releasing the six "Star Wars" films using new 3-D technology.

"We're trying to do that," Lucas said. "We worked on some, with a company that was developing the technology a few years ago to convert films into 3-D, we worked with them. But the system works great. It's just not very practical. So what we've been working on since then is to develop a sort of practical way to do it. And we will get there. It's just a technological challenge."

The producer-director waxed nostalgic for the days when talking to the press wasn't necessary to promote a film.

"I like when you focus on making movies, you make movies and people go to see them," he said. "But there's this whole other industry that's been created which the world hasn't quite adjusted to or caught up to or figured out. It's the same thing with copyright and all kinds of other things where things are going around that I'm sure at some point will become more civilized. I'm just waiting. Like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, I'll go out and adopt twins if they'll pay me $14 million to do it."

Thanks for the info Iron Mike, but the more I read about this guy lately the more he leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Seriously think this guys is off his rocker.

No. Please god no.

lucasnowtl1.jpg

No more Indy movies please or Lethal Weapon flicks.
The only only character thats aged well and served by good stories
is Bruce Willis as John McClane.

......oh yeah:IMO

I'd be up for another Indy. The beauty of Indy movies is that it doesn't have to go in chronological order. Indy 5 could take place before Indy 4 to give a solo adventure, though I don't think it'd be necessary to do so.

I would gladly queue up for Indy 5. Just no Mutt Williams and Marion, please.

is Bruce Willis as John McClane

.....oh yeah:IMO

Nothing's as good as it used to be.

Die Hard 4 was an abyss of suck that didn't stay true to the character ideals set forth in the original DH trilogy. McClane was awesome because he was an out-of-shape physical and mental mess who was always in over his head.

By that rationale, John McClane wasn't even in Die Hard 4.

Bring on the sequels. Your childhoods probably sucked more than you're giving them credit for anyway.

is Bruce Willis as John McClane.

......oh yeah:IMO

Yeah Bruce Willis and the "Die Hard" franchise has one more story to tell.

Indy is done... was done... before the last movie was screened

Back