Old Ben's lightsaber broke! Argh!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swiftlikessharpthings

Super Freak
Reaction score
My Old Ben figure, one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES from the 12" Sideshow Line, fell this afternoon, snapping his lightsaber at the hilt. Tried superglue, but I think the plastic warped and twisted, leaving no mating parts... I am a pissed off geek.
I e-mailed SS's customer service to see about a replacement. Anyone know if they're good about this sort of thing?

Swift, thinking it's time to break out the stands again... (curse you, Palpatine!)

My Jedi Luke hilt broke too... I lit a candle and melted the tip of one end and stuck them back together... worked great.

I had that happen with an Old Ben saber as well...but it was a spare since the first one I got only had 1/2 the blade painted.

Anyway, just trim up with an Xacto knife, file, and just a tiny dot of crazy glue gel worked great.

Same thing happened to me a few weeks back, didn't take long at all to get a replacement, SS just charged me about $6 for shipping.

Same thing happened to me a few weeks back, didn't take long at all to get a replacement, SS just charged me about $6 for shipping.

I should have known of this earlier, I bought a brand new piece for replacement. :(

Last edited:
I'm guessing you didn't use your figure's stand did you?

The same happened to my piece. You are right about the stand, I used one with a smaller base. I posed my old Ben with both hands on the light saber, when the figure was tripped over the hilt broke.:banghead

I use the stands and my Darth Sidious took a tumble off his shelf and snapped the end of his lightsaber off. So it can happen even with the stands...although I did bump the shelf when moving things around. I didn't know SSC did replacement parts so I emailed them to see if they could help me out. :D

Guys you should also try Toy Anxiety for SS parts, they have some cool parts from time to time :)

yeah, TA was the first place I checked.... They were sold outta the tunics by the time I got to them... and they don't have any more to part out.
:(

My Old Ben figure, one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES from the 12" Sideshow Line, fell this afternoon, snapping his lightsaber at the hilt. Tried superglue, but I think the plastic warped and twisted, leaving no mating parts... I am a pissed off geek.
I e-mailed SS's customer service to see about a replacement. Anyone know if they're good about this sort of thing?

Swift, thinking it's time to break out the stands again... (curse you, Palpatine!)
Get some BONDINI super glue, I've used this stuff on some of my Hot Toys predators' spears & it works great on plastic. That's pretty much all I will use on my high dollar collectibles. I also used it on costume latex , perfecto!! :D

I just got an email that my Sidious replacement will be shipping soon! SSC rocks!! :rock

Back