DC/Batman Section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think this is necessary. There are 10 Batman threads on the front page of the GC section alone.

I think it's been mentioned before to just change the "Marvel" section to "Comics," as a possible solution.

I concur with the suggestion of having a dedicated DC section. I think it's warranted.

Mixing it with Marvel would very likely make things messy. Unless under "Comics" there are sub-sections that are isolated from one another (i.e. one sub-section for Marvel, one for DC, one for independents, and so on...).

I like Vader's suggestion. Even after the TDK comes and goes there will always be DC products we can discuss.

I think there should be a seperate fourm for every topic in General Collectibles, and that General Collectibles should only be used for a place to launch new forums.

Batman is DC and Sideshow does not have the rights to DC. Thats the reason.

What do you think this is, a Sideshow message board?

Oh, wait...

:D

We do have areas where non-Sideshow related discussion can happen, but an entire new area dedicated to non-Sideshow products/licenses probably won't be happening.

there's a solution to that. stop making batman threads everytime there is a new piece of news.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture
The problem is people abusing the ability to post new threads about the same damn thing.

I think the mods should start merging similar threads more often here.

Yeah, but then we'll have a bunch of "the unruly mods (or MODS as they are often called) destroyed my life! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2" threads to deal with.

If it were up to me, I'd say every unnecessary thread should be subject to the image spam march of shame until it is locked. Frequent offenders will be met with the ban hammer. :maul

I don't think Dave would go for that though.

Batman is DC and Sideshow does not have the rights to DC. Thats the reason.
But Sideshow is an official partner/distributor in the US of Hot Toys and Medicom - both of which have been awarded licenses by DC for some of their properties.

The problem is people abusing the ability to post new threads about the same damn thing.

the mods seem to be merging and locking everything in sight except for the dark knight stuff. they must be all be dark knight fans.

But Sideshow is an official partner/distributor in the US of Hot Toys and Medicom - both of which have been awarded licenses by DC for some of their properties.
and sideshow cant distribute any DC products in the US no matter who makes em. DC direct holds all US DC rights. case closed. end of discussion.

there's a solution to that. stop making batman threads everytime there is a new piece of news.

That's really where the problem lies. I love that this forum allows you to start threads at will, but sometimes it gets nuts for no reason. Several of the Dark Knight threads I've seen started really could be continuations of existing threads. Hell, even the Hot Toys stuff really could be merged into the thread devoted to all things Hot Toys Dark Knight. It's not a topic that warrants it's own section, it just needs things to be tidier with existing threads. At least currently, it is capable of being as big as Indy or whatever, but certainly the current discussion is just over and unnecessarily spread.

Back