ALIEN 5?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Weaver Hints At Alien Resurrection
posted by Jay Cocrock in Movies at 09:59 AM on 2008.08.05
ShareThis

Source: WENN

Actress SIGOURNEY WEAVER has hinted she may return to her iconic role in a fifth installment of the ALIEN franchise.

Weaver starred as steely space Lieutenant Ellen Ripley in the cult sci-fi movies, last playing the character in 1997's Alien Resurrection.

And the star isn't ruling out a return to the big screen for another Alien film - insisting no one else could take on the role.

She says, "I would feel very weird if they brought her (Ripley) back and cast someone else." But the actress insists she will only take on projects if the plotline works: "I don't care whether the budget is big or small, or if it's a lead role or not. If the story's good, I'm there."

Fox does NOT want to make an Alien Sequel last I heard -- and I heard it from a very good source at Fox who told this to my Rep. But this was 6 months ago.

They may have changed their minds with Ridley's career in a dive and desperate for a Commercial success and yes, sadly it does matter, even with him (Robin Hood project just died too) -- so maybe they are pushing it, I don't know.

But Ripley died in A3 so I don't know how they could pull it off with Sigourney. Plus she's like over 50 yrs old...

Fox is a very conservative Company, much more so than many of the other Studios and they are very frugal/cheap as well.

I don't see this happening at all. But I've been wrong before.

I just think that her saying in an interview that she wouldn't want to see someone else play the role is not quite the announcement I was hoping for.

I think that more AVPs (with unknown actors) is the direction of the franchise, from the POV of the accountants at Fox.

But Ripley died in A3 so I don't know how they could pull it off with Sigourney. Plus she's like over 50 yrs old...

In A:R they brought her back, I would assume if they did do a film it'd be along these lines again. Of course there always were grumblings that they'd go back and "replace" some of the sequels.....

One part says YES, the other part of me says ^^^^ NO. THEY'll ONLY ruin the Alien series EVEN more, then AvP-R did.

Im torn.

Actually, I have the perfect Alien story, that will not only bring Ripley back, but have a realistc way of bringing the Aliens back, without cloning. It would also be on Earth, just because.

Actually, I have the perfect Alien story, that will not only bring Ripley back, but have a realistc way of bringing the Aliens back, without cloning. It would also be on Earth, just because.

Earth is a bad move.

If her involvement means she can rope in some of her old buddies, I say do it. I don't hate AVP or AVPR as B-movies but I'd love to see some A-listers get involved again. I'd love to see the alien actually be scary again.

I'm all for another Alien film, but with Sigourney involved, it just reminds me of the bad taste that AVPR left me with.
If it has Colonial Marines in it I'll definitely watch it.
But this sounds more like conjecture then anything concrete.

The only way another Alien flick would do well is if it had the flavor of Aliens!!!!

The only way to do it is as a Dream Piece --

Ripley's dream aboard the Nostromo (too old for that unless they completely CGI her from an earlier age or she dreams about the future) or later dreaming aboard the Narcissus. This would also be the ONLY way to bring back Newt and Hicks.

Let's face it Resurrection killed the original Franchise -- it was in Whedon's own words his "personal Vietnam" and it was for Fox as well. No one wants to see another resurrected Ripley that way...

Earth? Bad idea. "No one can hear you scream in... Manhattan?" :lol

The good news? There are story lines which could work for the Original Franchise but I just don't see any of them working with Ripley.

I think if they did one of the Alien books, that would be ok. I really like the books. Well, most of them. Hell, I'd even go for a Predator movie from one of the books!!

I think if they did one of the Alien books, that would be ok. I really like the books. Well, most of them. Hell, I'd even go for a Predator movie from one of the books!!

I think you're on the right track there. Again, plenty of stories to work with and work up, it's just that Fox is NOT interested, or wasn't.

Let's hope a successful T4 will change their minds.

This stuff makes me mental.:banghead

Why do they feel that the Alien films have to be directly linked to Ripley and her possible offspring? This is what killed Aliens 3 and Resurrection. There are so many directions they could've taken this thing but they crowbarred Weaver in there again and again.

Same w/ AvP...we now have 2 films with civilians on earth getting caught in the middle. For one, those franchises on their own have legs to go on forever and to this day I'll never know why they felt forced to combine them. But if you absolutely have to make another AvP, throw some military resistance in the middle of it all (preferably colonial marines, but at this point some good ole' USofA marines would work fine).

Earth is a bad move.
Not really. Its the only place for the Ripley character's story arc to end at.

This stuff makes me mental.:banghead

Why do they feel that the Alien films have to be directly linked to Ripley and her possible offspring? This is what killed Aliens 3 and Resurrection. There are so many directions they could've taken this thing but they crowbarred Weaver in there again and again.

Because the Space Jockey is the only place where the Aliens exist. Screw the AvP films. ALL Aliens died after Alien 3...except one...that would be my idea.

And that one is The Queen. She's out there...floating.

Not really. Its the only place for the Ripley character's story arc to end at.

Because the Space Jockey is the only place where the Aliens exist. Screw the AvP films. ALL Aliens died after Alien 3...except one...that would be my idea.

And that one is The Queen. She's out there...floating.

The xenomorph's ship crash-landed on the mining colony in Alien, right?

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility to make contact with a different ship, is it? After all we are dealing with aliens and space miners to begin with...

Back