• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player $50 shipped!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Roranous

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last edited:
Do you know if this thing can upconvert via component cables or just HDMI?

Thanks

I am selling my HD DVD player. It's like new and barely used. Comes with the original box and all the software upgrade cds.

It's a Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player and some more information can be found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-HD-A...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1218140123&sr=8-1

$50 shipped!! Get this deal while it lasts. :google

PS- This player also upconverts regular dvds beautifully. :)

There is also a SD-DVD region free hack for this player (via firmware ).

it upconverts using both of them. I think using an HDMI cable is only marginally better for picture quality.

I'm 99.999999999999% positive that upconversion only works via HDMI, not thru component. Maybe there is a local videophile that can back me up on this, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

I'm 99.999999999999% positive that upconversion only works via HDMI, not thru component. Maybe there is a local videophile that can back me up on this, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

You are correct, Andy. HDMI is needed for upconversion.

I had the D3 and it only upconverted through HDMI.

Wow, I had no idea. I thought it worked through both component and HDMI. Well thanks for the info guys, I will edit my previous post. I always used the HDMI cable so I was never too concerned with it honestly. Sorry. :eek:

I've sent you a pm. I'd still like it even without the component upconvert. I'll probably be buying a newer HDTV sometime anyway. My current HDTV doesn't have HDMI inputs.

I've read that some HD DVD players have a hack available to upconvert using component cables.

Thanks

I've sent you a pm. I'd still like it even without the component upconvert. I'll probably be buying a newer HDTV sometime anyway. My current HDTV doesn't have HDMI inputs.

I've read that some HD DVD players have a hack available to upconvert using component cables.

Thanks

Oh excellent. I just sent you a PM back- disregard the component cable warning then. :lol

I will likely ship this out tomorrow pending payment. :duff

Sounds good! Now I need to find some equally great deals on HD movies.

Sounds good! Now I need to find some equally great deals on HD movies.

If you have Fry's Electronics near you, they may have the HD-DVD blow out sale now. All HD-DVD titles for $9.99
They are the only major retailer in my area that still sells HD-DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back