Hot Toys Batman Begins V.1 v.s. V.2 - What do you think?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnuz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Im just curious what the folks out there with the original hot toys batman begins figure, think about the new one.

Are you getting the new one and if so , what are you doing with the old one, selling, customizing into something cool or throwing it away?

Or are you skipping the new version because your content with the old one.

I didn't want to tread in the other threads but im curious, me personally im holding off right now. Im happy with my old one, and the new bat head is the only part thats really selling me on the new one, its spectacular i know but not enough new to make me want to buy this same figure over again, plus personally i still think the old one can look very cool if you try:
htbatactionlit.jpg

So whats the story with everyone else?

I'd go in the thread and look at the comparison pictures that were recently posted. I think it makes the 1st version look like an embarrassing effort.

I wont contest that the new ones better, but i stand by the fact that the first ones still very good, especially with adjustments to make it better, right out of the box its not great, but not alot of figures are, the belt should be opened more and lowered at the least by anyone who has one and ants him to look better as most of them came out of the box with the belt scrunched up under his chest.

If you want to go even further you can fix the suit and tighten it up, i did on mine and it looks alot better. The only real unfixible lack is the headsculpt which the new one has the better version as i said.

These should help I took these pics today.. The V1 was great when it came out.. but the V2 is absolutely FLAWLESS,,.

The new version also has much better articulation than the old one... Dont get me wrong I have both and the V1 is a great fig but I still pre ordered the V2 and I am so glad that I did. I to thought the same as you re the old a new but when you have them both in hand they are chalk and cheese

PS ..........Nice pic with the V1 looks great............

Regards
Fett1

100_2460.jpg

V1 and V2

100_2464.jpg

V1
100_2465.jpg

V2
100_2469.jpg

V1
100_2468.jpg

V2

Last edited:
I have been wondering the same thing, does all the new batman stuff mean people will sell their old stuff? If so contact me ;)

Seriosly tho I havent seen much selling of old stuff even with the new releases. I think people want to hold on to the old figures too for some reason

I know this sounds silly, but the V1 looks like a toy.

I got the Bat yesterday...it is a work of art...you can tell a lot of work and love went into this figure.It is just peerless and flawless.The costume is just perfect.The sclpting,the accessories,including the Bale head are just unreal...I actually cut a finger on one of the gauntlets.

I have neither as of yet but am getting the V2 so naturally I'm biased - nevertheless V2 is definitely the better one. V1 does indeed look more "toylike".

I owne version one and the certificate number is no. 1 not to brag., but it is a good figure just cant hold poses like the v2 can.

I'm still happy with my old one. The cowl is undeniably better on the new one, but I'm just not a fan of the solid rubber suit. Didn't like it on the Takara, don't really care for it on the HT either.

I sold my old one a couple months ago... I liked the figure, but was always a bit disappointed in it. After seeing the first shots of the V2 I knew it was time to change.

My new version 2 head I got off Ebay is due any day now. I'll plop that sucker on my V1body and be one VERY happy camper! :rock
Don't like rubber one piece suits!

I have all three Taks, V1 and V2. I will have to say If I was in a pinch, I would buy a V2 head, cape and boots and put them on V1. That original V1 suit is going to outlast all of them.

Yeah i've been spying heads on the bay too, figure if i can snag one of those decently priced i'd be good, i dont need a whole new figure, i'd like to see pics of yours les once you get the new head on the old body.

I just got a pair of necks off eBay. Since the new Bats come with 2 heads but only 1 neck and one of those heads is going on my V.1 Bats.

My new version 2 head I got off Ebay is due any day now. I'll plop that sucker on my V1body and be one VERY happy camper! :rock
Don't like rubber one piece suits!

I'd be interested to see pics of that when it arrives, Les. Do you think the V.1 suit is quite durable then?

Back