KOTCS Blu-ray at Amazon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Great to hear. I have no doubt that the original 3 will also be released on Blu-Ray. I honestly look for it to happen around the time that KOTCS hits shelves...better marketing that way.

I'm going to wait until I see official disc specs before getting excited. Here's hoping they have a Shia-less cut of the film on the BD disc... :p

Great! But I'll still have to buy the regular DVD to get that spiffy Sideshow Crystal Skull, won't I?

Yeah, I don't get the Mutt-hate...I thought he was fine.

And on topic, I'm sure Paramount will release the other films on BR too...

I actually really liked Mutt and wouldn't mind if he continued to accompany Dr. Jones.

Me too. In fact, Shia's an awesome actor, I still have no idea why everyone hates him so. He made 3 GREAT films in 07.

Here are the details:

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' to Blu-ray on October 14th, day-and-date with the DVD release. Video for this two-disc set will be presented as 1080p AVC accompanied by a THX-certified 5.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtrack.

Extras for this release include:
Disc 1
Indiana Jones Timelines— Explore the movie through interactive timelines that include video featurettes, in-depth information and unique imagery. Your adventure begins with one of these three timelines:
Story Timeline: Showcases the key events of the “Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” storyline.
Production Timeline: A Making-of chronology for “Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”.
Historical Timeline: Dives into the real-world historical influences that are referenced in the film.
The Return of a Legend—The evolution of the new film and a tribute to the legendary hero and his creators. (HD)
Pre-Production—Follows Steven Spielberg as he creates animatic sequences, Shia LaBeouf as he learns to swordfight and captures the reunion of filmmakers and cast on the soundstage. (HD)

Disc 2
Production Diary: Making Kingdom of the Crystal Skull—Join filmmakers, cast and crew for a complete look at the making of the film.
Shooting Begins: New Mexico (HD)
Back To School: New Haven , Connecticut (HD)
Welcome to the Jungle: Hilo , Hawaii (HD)
On-Set Action (HD)
Exploring Akator (HD)
Wrapping Up! (HD)
Warrior Makeup (HD)
The Crystal Skulls (HD)
Iconic Props (HD)
The Effects of Indy (HD)
Adventures in Post Production (HD)
Closing: Team Indy (HD)
Pre-Visualization Sequences
Area 51 Escape (HD)
Jungle Chase (HD)
Ants Attack (HD)
Galleries
The Art Department
The Adventure Begins
Cemetery and Jungle
Akator
Stan Winston Studio
Corpses, Skeletons & Mummies
Aliens & Crystal Skulls
Production Photographs
Portraits
Behind-the-Scenes Photographs

It was also revealed that while a DVD box set with all four Indiana Jones films will also be released, there are currently no plans to bring the remainder of the series to Blu-ray.

It was also revealed that while a DVD box set with all four Indiana Jones films will also be released, there are currently no plans to bring the remainder of the series to Blu-ray.

This part sucks ass. Why release the new one and not the others right away. I'm sure they will in the future but this is just dumb.

Back