iPhone Question...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Roranous

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do you have to pay to use the iPhone's internet capabilities or does it work like a laptop- meaning if you are near a wireless network you can access it for free without any charge?

I would hate to pay the phone company more money than I have to. I think it would be neat if I could use the iPhone's internet capabilities through a wireless router.

Do you have to pay to use the iPhone's internet capabilities or does it work like a laptop- meaning if you are near a wireless network you can access it for free without any charge?

I would hate to pay the phone company more money than I have to. I think it would be neat if I could use the iPhone's internet capabilities through a wireless router.

Dude the cheapest plan I think is over $100. F that. :horror

I really just wanted to watch youtube videos while I pooped. But man, I think I will read a magazine instead... I don't want to give my right eye for this. :lol

I really just wanted to watch youtube videos while I pooped. But man, I think I will read a magazine instead... I don't want to give my right eye for this. :lol

Honestly I think it is closer to $140 but I am not really sure and didn't want to post something completely wrong.

it uses a wifi connection if available. if you just want it for the internet, videos, and music, just get an ipod touch.

The cheapest plan is $35 for voice, $40 for data. Not cheap, but not over $100 either. It does work on wireless and it's rare that I've had to resort to the 3G network since I've had it.

The cheapest plan is $35 for voice, $40 for data. Not cheap, but not over $100 either. It does work on wireless and it's rare that I've had to resort to the 3G network since I've had it.

Dave doesn't it cost over $100 for the internet option? :confused:

I'd say get an unlocked phone on the bay and use it with your existing (non ATT network).

Apparently these will work with your existing SIM cards.

Right now I pay $120 for two phones on a Tmobile family plan w/data and unlimited text.

I've been very tempted on purchasing an Iphone to replace my Dash.

Yeah i think the "unlimited" data plan is over $100 right?

I haven't gotten my first bill yet, but that's not what they told me. The $40 for data is supposed to be "unlimited".

Even on my Verizon Q I was only paying $90/month for the minimal voice and unlimited data.

att_nation_chart.gif

text messaging is additional though ... thats stupid....

nah. all plans are unlimited data.... the difference in price is in the voice minutes

Back