Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery returns from the grave after nearly 30 years!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster

Super Freak
Reaction score
Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery returns from the grave after nearly 30 years!
Unavailable for three decades, this long gone, but not forgotten Gold Key series, bearing the namesake of one of the earliest and most recognizable faces of horror, Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery will be collected to excite readers of all ages.

For nearly twenty years the comic book series Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery wove stories of intrigue, suspense, and macabre drama. Hosted by the master of suspense, himself, the comic featured contributions from some of comics history’s most well-known creators: Alex Toth, Joe Orlando (EC artist and editor), Mike Sekowsky (Justice League artist), Frank Thorne, José-Luis García-Lopez, Arnold Drake, Len Wein (creator of Swamp Thing and Wolverine), Al Williamson, Jerry Robinson (creator of The Joker), Dan Spiegle, and many others.

A circus performer terrorized by mysterious powers from beyond . . . a jade idol of a monkey that carries a curse on a south pacific island drives a man to the brink of madness . . . an art gallery haunted by paintings that come to life at night . . . . a dictator that sees enemies around every corner, but who can’t see the threat right before his eyes . . .

These are just a few of the chilling tales awaiting readers in the first volume…

With a new introduction by Boris Karloff’s daughter Sara Karloff, this collection brings together four long-unavailable comics in a handsome hardcover Archival format -- the first two issues of Boris Karloff Thriller, as well as the first two issues of the series that would continue shocking and amusing audiences for almost one hundred issues, Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery.

The newest addition to the Dark Horse Archives program, and following on the heels of the return of the legendary Creepy and Eerie, the first hardcover collection is slated for release in 2009. Dark Horse has plans to collect all 97 of these highly sought after issues into four beautifully bound hardcover volumes.

Awesome news! I loved getting those as a kid. For a while I could only find them in the multi-packs along with Twilight Zone (Which I hadn't seen at the time, and didn't see until the late 80's) Ripley's and another horror comic. They had some really good stories in there.

Jeff

Cool, I used to own (maybe still do) a beat-to-hell copy of the Jade Monkey comic. Always was a fun read :rock

Just got this from Amazon looks like its got pushed back a week.:monkey2

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on December 11 2008. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

Various "Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery Archives Volume 1"
[Hardcover]
Estimated arrival date: May 18 2009 - May 20 2009

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Well the e-mail I got from Amazon was wrong I received my copy yesterday but it will be Friday before I can crack it open and get to reading.

Back