Vader: Stitching, Hands & other Issues Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshow, please remove the visible stitch lines from Vader's costume

I realize that Vader is a prototype, so there is still time to make improvements. Overall, Vader's head sculpt and armor look phenomenal. But to make this the A+ figure it deserves to be, please figure out a way to tailor the fabric without showing the stitch lines. Below, you can see that Medicom was able to make Vader's cape and gown without stitch lines. I know you guys are capable of this. Keep up the great work!

2008072434yd1.png

review_mvader_large.jpg

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_080105a.htm

Re: Sideshow, please remove the visible stitch lines from Vader's costume

There has to be one.

If you didnt tell,i wouldnt even have noticed the stitches.

i think every 1/6 figure ever has visible stitches. deal with it.:violin

Score one for the SW fans :lol

If they can hide it, I'm all for it. But it's not a deal breaker for me.

From my experiances with Sideshow, the prototype is always better than the production piece so the chances that the prototype gets better are none and zero.

From my experiances with newbs with less than 30 posts, the earlier posts is always better than the newer posts so the chances that the next post gets better are none and zero.

From my experiances with newbs with less than 30 posts, the earlier posts is always better than the newer posts so the chances that the next post gets better are none and zero.

Stay classy, Star Wars fans. :lol

Stiches aside, one of those looks like it could be a film still to me and the other doesn't. I much prefer the look, feel and hang of the fabric on the first version.

SS is not HT or Medicom especially when it comes to tailoring. I don't expect it to be fixed,(prove me wrong SS) I don't like it but it's not a deal breaker for me either. Everything else looks good.

Stiches aside, one of those looks like it could be a film still to me and the other doesn't. I much prefer the look, feel and hang of the fabric on the first version.

Now that you mention that, you are correct. Does anyone have a pic of the Medi in similar lighting?

It just looks to me like they've used either a white/light coloured cotton, or a synthetic one that is reflecting the light and/or flash. I doubt that obvious stitching will be a problem in hand.

Here's another pic of Medicom Vader, although it looks like his helmet needs to be adjusted down a bit. I agree that Sideshow has done a fantastic job on the helmet, mask, chest piece, gloves, and belt. But I do prefer how Medicom's cape looks.

929553686_f847a1f713.jpg

928714603_0fc69736cf.jpg

Last edited:

I'll have to say that I noticed that stitching too, but I imagine that it won't be as noticeable in person.

Thanks for the better pics of Medi Vader--that doesn't look as bad.

Wow, I haven't even looked at my Medi Vader or any for that matter since SSC's debut, but my appreciation and satisfaction with the SSC helmet has gone up considerably. I always found some faults with the Medi helmet from some angles and certain lighting, but the hit harder now.

Justin you'd probably ask for the fake boobs to be taken out of playboy. I saw it in person and did not notice the stitches.

Back