SAPITO Custom for Idol Chamber anyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking I want a SAPITO to go with the Idol Chamber and Indy.

This head would work great, right?

doc.ock-12inch.s.m.2.JPG

I just need to figure out how to make that distinctive backpack and the rest is simple.

Of course, a casting of that head could be made to look like skewered "Adios Sapito"...which would be sweet!

Assuming the glasses come off it should be perfect for Satipo.

And I still say that line was, "Adios, stupido."

I do believe the glasses come off. You can see the hooks around the ears even in that poor shot.

With Sapito's ripped shirt, even that fact that this figure has a neck and chest works well for the custom.

Give him the Hovito dart and torch that comes with Indy, some tattered clothing and a backpack and you got him.

"If you insist senor."

Not the most exciting character, but an easy bash that will compliment the Idol Chamber nicely.

Yeah, if you're getting the Idol Chamber it almost demands a Satipo since he was with Indy the entire time, and I don't see Sideshow making him anytime soon if ever. Good luck with it.

Good idea, pretty sure the glasses are removable... they at least were on the 6" version. Can't wait to see how it looks :rock

I'm thinking I want a SAPITO to go with the Idol Chamber and Indy.

This head would work great, right?

doc.ock-12inch.s.m.2.JPG

I just need to figure out how to make that distinctive backpack and the rest is simple.

Of course, a casting of that head could be made to look like skewered "Adios Sapito"...which would be sweet!

I think I've got one of these, long forgotten, down in one of my storage bins--- cool beans... I might try this as well.:D

For those giving this custom a shot, remember to share tips. Clothing ideas and where to get them, especially the backback, would be a great help.

alfredmolina.jpg

250px-Satipo.jpg

satipo-whip.jpg

I'm also surprised no one pointed out I spelled his name wrong. Dyslexia.

I have that Doc figure and the glasses are just connected by two pegholes around or in his ears I beleive.

Now you tell me... :D

For those giving this custom a shot, remember to share tips. Clothing ideas and where to get them, especially the backback, would be a great help.

alfredmolina.jpg

250px-Satipo.jpg

satipo-whip.jpg

I'm also surprised no one pointed out I spelled his name wrong. Dyslexia.

So can anyone tell what jacket Satipo has on? Man, it's hard to get past the Sapito thing -- better ring as Sapito. Anyway, it's got shoulder loops and an obvious collar that had been torn off. Looks a lot like some kind of Safari style coat.

Last edited:
It's not a coat, just a shirt. I've got that Doc Oc, too. Actually, my kids have it:lol Would work for Satipo, but not the impaled corpse version. It's a figure I've wanted to make for years and years, as well. The cool thing si, that head is balljointed. Very easy to cast/modify into an interchangeable head. You could also do the corpse version in that case.

Trivia time!!

Molina's character, as scripted, is called SATIPO. However when Indy bids him farewell, Ford mispronounced the name as SAPITO. So technically both versions are correct. It depends if you want to go with the canon laid down by the script, or the canon (accidentally) laid down by Ford in the finished film.

A very cool idea. Looking forward to seeing pics of this as it's developed.

Now you'll have to search for a dozen 1/6th scaled tarantulas as well... ;)

It's not a coat, just a shirt. I've got that Doc Oc, too. Actually, my kids have it:lol Would work for Satipo, but not the impaled corpse version. It's a figure I've wanted to make for years and years, as well. The cool thing si, that head is balljointed. Very easy to cast/modify into an interchangeable head. You could also do the corpse version in that case.

Trivia time!!

Molina's character, as scripted, is called SATIPO. However when Indy bids him farewell, Ford mispronounced the name as SAPITO. So technically both versions are correct. It depends if you want to go with the canon laid down by the script, or the canon (accidentally) laid down by Ford in the finished film.

Ah-ha! I knew Sa-Pito sounded better. That's an interesting note. Thanks!

Casting the Sapito head would be a good idea. Shhhh... I said nothing. I would take both. Shhhh... What? Nothing.

The "shirt" then must be a safari style one then, with the shoulder loops and pockets.

Wor-Gar, is that a hint?:monkey1 The shirt, you could pretty much use any khaki shirt with epulets. It's so filthy and torn to hell, not a lot of details are visible or prominent. His pants were just cheap gray (very filthy white?) trousers, also torn to hell. White tank top, too. Easy outfit to bash. The pack would be the thing.

I would never suggest casting off an existing sculpt. :D

Yeah, the pack is tricky. But not impossible. The head is always the thing, and at least that's out there and available. I wish the torso was removable from that plastic coat on Doc Ock...the neck and chest would work well with Sapito's ripped clothing.

Actually, I think it is removable. The arms are permenently sleeved, but the body of the coat can come off. You could then just cut down the chest and back to where the tentacle belt is, kinda like a vinyl bust you could slap on a body.

Actually, I think it is removable. The arms are permenently sleeved, but the body of the coat can come off. You could then just cut down the chest and back to where the tentacle belt is, kinda like a vinyl bust you could slap on a body.

Oh, well that's good news. Just have to plug in some new arms and fasten the chest section onto a Dragon torso. Maybe even just cut it down to a chest "plate" and lay it over a Dragon body.

Thanks, that's a help. Now to find a Doc Ock for a good price.

Back