Casting rumors for next Batman movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Johnny Depp as the Riddler in next Batman movie?

I love that the link says 'FALSE'.

So no, I dont belive it until Nolan says so.

I dont want The Penguin...he'd be way too boring IMO.

True...plus I don't know how Nolan will bring his character to a more real world

I dont want The Penguin...he'd be way too boring IMO.

Why is that? Gotham caught in a mob war between Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot and Roman "Black Mask" Sionis. Sounds good to me.

Why is that? Gotham caught in a mob war between Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot and Roman "Black Mask" Sionis. Sounds good to me.

Not a mob fan. But Black Mask could be cool....

Not a mob fan. But Black Mask could be cool....

:lol Well did ya notice the mob has been a pretty big player in the last two flicks? I can totally see Nolan going this way, with Riddler maybe acting as the police liason he apparent is now in the comics and maybe put Catwoman in as the "wild card". But I've also been hearing quite about about Talia coming into play.

I say bring BANE !!
now that batman is a fugitive of the law and the police are hunting him down.
BANE is hired to kill the BAT.

batmanBANE.jpg

I WILL BREAK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

might make for an interesting movie.

I also heard Phillip Seymour Hoffman was rumored to play the penguin and Angelina "wants" to play Catwoman.

Johnny Depo as the riddler would be AWESOME!!!! :rock

WB/DC have all said that these are just rumors and no casting has been made or will be made until a completed script has been greenlit and everything else is in place. In reality we are about one year minimum too early before we hear any casting. These are all rumors that fanboys are sticking out. The Angelina rumor isn't even from her, they asked Julie Newmar was quoted and the fanboys went nuts. Here is her quote:

Hollywood beauty ANGELINA JOLIE has been tipped to play CATWOMAN in a future BATMAN movie - by the actress who made the role famous, JULIE NEWMAR.
Newmar, 74, prowled across the small screen, playing the feline villain in the 1960s Batman television series.

And she would love Jolie to take on the role - if The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan decides to resurrect the character in a future sequel.

Newmar tells the New York Daily News, “Angelina would own the part. My industry friends tell me (she) has made inquiries about the role. I can understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman’s one true love. She’s tremendously popular with women because she’s both a heroine and a villainess.”

Since Newmar, the Catwoman role has been played by Eartha Kitt, Lee Meriwether, Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Honestly these threads will be done and redone over and over even before we get a title.

:lol Well did ya notice the mob has been a pretty big player in the last two flicks? I can totally see Nolan going this way, with Riddler maybe acting as the police liason he apparent is now in the comics and maybe put Catwoman in as the "wild card". But I've also been hearing quite about about Talia coming into play.

Yeah, but there was always Scarecrow or The Joker to hold my attention...

And why does EVERYONE want Bane? He wouldnt work in the Nolanverse....:confused:

Not to continue to burst the bubble here but there is already two discussions going on about the next film in the Movies/TV thread no less, one started by Les and one in the Spoilers TDK Thread.

And why does EVERYONE want Bane? He wouldnt work in the Nolanverse....:confused:

No Bane here, Talia, Penguin or Catwoman are who I really want to see. All three can easily work in Nolan's flicks.

I just want someone who can cause total horror to Gotham...Catwoman would be fine...but I want Mr. Enygma.

I just want someone who can cause total horror to Gotham...Catwoman would be fine...but I want Mr. Enygma.

Actually it's Mr. E. Nigma. And I don't think you will see "total horror" in Gotham aside from what Joker did. I really think this last movie will be tossing out the Mob, bracing for the Freaks and clearing the Batman.

Oh, and this thread will probably be merged by dawn.

Doy! Nigma. Where did I get Nygma from? Crips.

he would work just fine. I know the venom he takes is just too much for the real world that nolan wants to show us but they can make out to be some super adrenaline drug he takes to pump him self up.

and yes I would love to see a Riddler.

Riddler = too similar to the Joker and weaker at that. Save Depp as a future Joker. I want to see Penguin become the new mob boss. PSH would be awesome in that roll. Maybe Bane hired to hunt Batman and Catwoman somewhere in the background

Back