PDA

View Full Version : Casting rumors for next Batman movie

Voorhees27
08-03-2008, 12:07 AM
http://celebedge.sympatico.msn.ca/Johnny+Depps+Riddler+role/Bang/ContentPostingBang3column?isfa=1&newsitemid=BSBS32380&feedname=BANG&show=False&number=0&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

I sure as hell hope this is true!!!!

CelticPredator
08-03-2008, 12:11 AM
I love that the link says 'FALSE'.

So no, I dont belive it until Nolan says so.

Turkeychicken
08-03-2008, 12:15 AM
http://celebedge.sympatico.msn.ca/Johnny+Depps+Riddler+role/Bang/ContentPostingBang3column?isfa=1&newsitemid=BSBS32380&feedname=BANG&show=False&number=0&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

I also heard Phillip Seymour Hoffman was rumored to play the penguin and Angelina "wants" to play Catwoman.

Johnny Depo as the riddler would be AWESOME!!!! :rock

CelticPredator
08-03-2008, 12:16 AM
I dont want The Penguin...he'd be way too boring IMO.

Turkeychicken
08-03-2008, 12:17 AM
True...plus I don't know how Nolan will bring his character to a more real world

Memnoch
08-03-2008, 12:18 AM
I dont want The Penguin...he'd be way too boring IMO.

Why is that? Gotham caught in a mob war between Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot and Roman "Black Mask" Sionis. Sounds good to me.

Turkeychicken
08-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Riddler would be more interesting.....considering the ending of TDK

CelticPredator
08-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Why is that? Gotham caught in a mob war between Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot and Roman "Black Mask" Sionis. Sounds good to me.

Not a mob fan. But Black Mask could be cool....

Memnoch
08-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Not a mob fan. But Black Mask could be cool....

:lol Well did ya notice the mob has been a pretty big player in the last two flicks? I can totally see Nolan going this way, with Riddler maybe acting as the police liason he apparent is now in the comics and maybe put Catwoman in as the "wild card". But I've also been hearing quite about about Talia coming into play.

SOLIDSNAKE
08-03-2008, 12:49 AM
I say bring BANE !!
now that batman is a fugitive of the law and the police are hunting him down.
BANE is hired to kill the BAT.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/batmanBANE.jpg

I WILL BREAK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

might make for an interesting movie.

The Mike
08-03-2008, 01:04 AM
I also heard Phillip Seymour Hoffman was rumored to play the penguin and Angelina "wants" to play Catwoman.

Johnny Depo as the riddler would be AWESOME!!!! :rock

WB/DC have all said that these are just rumors and no casting has been made or will be made until a completed script has been greenlit and everything else is in place. In reality we are about one year minimum too early before we hear any casting. These are all rumors that fanboys are sticking out. The Angelina rumor isn't even from her, they asked Julie Newmar was quoted and the fanboys went nuts. Here is her quote:

Hollywood beauty ANGELINA JOLIE has been tipped to play CATWOMAN in a future BATMAN movie - by the actress who made the role famous, JULIE NEWMAR.
Newmar, 74, prowled across the small screen, playing the feline villain in the 1960s Batman television series.

And she would love Jolie to take on the role - if The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan decides to resurrect the character in a future sequel.

Newmar tells the New York Daily News, “Angelina would own the part. My industry friends tell me (she) has made inquiries about the role. I can understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman’s one true love. She’s tremendously popular with women because she’s both a heroine and a villainess.”

Since Newmar, the Catwoman role has been played by Eartha Kitt, Lee Meriwether, Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Honestly these threads will be done and redone over and over even before we get a title.

CelticPredator
08-03-2008, 01:21 AM
:lol Well did ya notice the mob has been a pretty big player in the last two flicks? I can totally see Nolan going this way, with Riddler maybe acting as the police liason he apparent is now in the comics and maybe put Catwoman in as the "wild card". But I've also been hearing quite about about Talia coming into play.

Yeah, but there was always Scarecrow or The Joker to hold my attention...

And why does EVERYONE want Bane? He wouldnt work in the Nolanverse....:confused:

The Mike
08-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Not to continue to burst the bubble here but there is already two discussions going on about the next film in the Movies/TV thread no less, one started by Les and one in the Spoilers TDK Thread.

Memnoch
08-03-2008, 01:26 AM

And why does EVERYONE want Bane? He wouldnt work in the Nolanverse....:confused:

No Bane here, Talia, Penguin or Catwoman are who I really want to see. All three can easily work in Nolan's flicks.

CelticPredator
08-03-2008, 01:28 AM
I just want someone who can cause total horror to Gotham...Catwoman would be fine...but I want Mr. Enygma.

Memnoch
08-03-2008, 01:41 AM
I just want someone who can cause total horror to Gotham...Catwoman would be fine...but I want Mr. Enygma.

Actually it's Mr. E. Nigma. And I don't think you will see "total horror" in Gotham aside from what Joker did. I really think this last movie will be tossing out the Mob, bracing for the Freaks and clearing the Batman.

Oh, and this thread will probably be merged by dawn.

CelticPredator
08-03-2008, 01:48 AM
Doy! Nigma. Where did I get Nygma from? Crips.

Memnoch
08-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Doy! Nigma. Where did I get Nygma from? Crips.

Wikipedia is your friend. That's where I get most of my smart-ass facts from. :lol

SOLIDSNAKE
08-03-2008, 02:03 AM

he would work just fine. I know the venom he takes is just too much for the real world that nolan wants to show us but they can make out to be some super adrenaline drug he takes to pump him self up.

and yes I would love to see a Riddler.

Wanderer
08-03-2008, 05:18 AM
Riddler = too similar to the Joker and weaker at that. Save Depp as a future Joker. I want to see Penguin become the new mob boss. PSH would be awesome in that roll. Maybe Bane hired to hunt Batman and Catwoman somewhere in the background

Shropt
08-03-2008, 05:26 AM
I say the next villian needs to be super cool. After having a psycho in the last film, we need a change of pace. Give me a villian that is so cool and smooth that it just gets on Batman's nerves.

Black mask would work. A super realistic Catwoman would work (please god no Jolie). I think Riddler would work but he needs to be like the Animated Series and wear a suit and let all of his thugs do the dirty work. Maybe even the Clockman (sp?),

Voorhees27
08-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Riddler = too similar to the Joker and weaker at that. Save Depp as a future Joker. I want to see Penguin become the new mob boss. PSH would be awesome in that roll. Maybe Bane hired to hunt Batman and Catwoman somewhere in the background

I was thinking of Brad Pitt to do that. I can't think of anyone more creepy and crazy than Brad to play the role IF they decide to bring the character back.

Just picture Brad in 12 Monkeys, Fight Club and Kalifornia..............

quark
08-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Depp as The Riddler and Jolie as Catwoman. I wonder if there will be any new bad guys we haven't seen before?

Kratos
08-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I say bring BANE !!
now that batman is a fugitive of the law and the police are hunting him down.
BANE is hired to kill the BAT.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/batmanBANE.jpg

I WILL BREAK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

might make for an interesting movie.

I think it would be cool to see Bane in one of Nolan's Batman films :naughty

Giant Chicken
08-03-2008, 04:01 PM
THE RIDDLER
http://www.filmfestivals.com/pixus/festivals/deauville_2000/people/pearce1.jpg Guy Pierce

I can see Depp working as well..
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070509/depp_l.jpg

PENGUIN
http://www.spacecast.com/images/News/seymour-hoffman_rdax_386x250.jpg

CATWOMAN
I think M.Pfeiffer will be hard to beat. I do not really want to see Jolie, I think there are other options out there. None come to mind at the moment.

MAD HATTER
http://www.sfgate.com/traveler/postcards/robin-williams.jpg

Mr. FREEZE
http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/c/christopher_lloyd/thumbnails/tn2_christopher_lloyd_1.jpg

Les Walker
08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Did I call this thread title or what? :lol
Old prediction in my book. But I think that's all it is. They do know Depp would be a draw though. No doubt. And it could be a good movie with him.

CelticPredator
08-03-2008, 04:14 PM
No Mr. Freeze....ever....

Turkeychicken
08-03-2008, 04:16 PM
No Mr. Freeze....ever....

Especially if Doc Brown is playing him:D

CelticPredator
08-03-2008, 04:17 PM
That could work, I like that choice...but Freeze isnt for the Nolanverse,

MaulFan
08-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Here's my take, this is all speculative B.S. or it's WB having talks, but I do not believe Nolan and his team are in any talks regarding a third film yet. All the interviews I've caught, Nolan needed to walk away from Begins after and move on, and I'm sure after TDK, especially how much bigger it is, he will also be taking sometime away before thinking about the next film, to which, there probably is no set plans for villains and story even, so the Riddler may not even be in it.

Voorhees27
08-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Here's my take, this is all speculative B.S. or it's WB having talks, but I do not believe Nolan and his team are in any talks regarding a third film yet. All the interviews I've caught, Nolan needed to walk away from Begins after and move on, and I'm sure after TDK, especially how much bigger it is, he will also be taking sometime away before thinking about the next film, to which, there probably is no set plans for villains and story even, so the Riddler may not even be in it.

Well I figured it was a load of crap but thought it would be a good read nonetheless. :toilet_cl

adambadadam
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
:banghead:banghead:duh:duh

Right, all of this is pure speculation, and I for one hope that it's not even close to what Nolan is thinking. Not everyone is enamored with Johnny Depp or Angelina Jolie. My problem-both of them run against the grain of what Nolan has casted before, actors that can disappear into the "role" of the character and not be out shined by their "celeb" status. Angelina and Johnny, whether through thier own fault or not, are overexposed.

We finally get 2 good Batman movies and now all the "experts" want all the Hollywood guest stars:banghead:duh

I believe there are plenty of good choices that we don't even know about. Lots of unknowns and little seen, "oh yeah where are they now" people to be cast!

You know Heath wasn't exactly an A list actor before Batman. His noteriety was Brokeback, but hardly a household name. Those are the actors I hope WB and Nolan stay away from!!!

Voorhees27
08-03-2008, 04:56 PM
:banghead:banghead:duh:duh

Right, all of this is pure speculation, and I for one hope that it's not even close to what Nolan is thinking. Not everyone is enamored with Johnny Depp or Angelina Jolie. My problem-both of them run against the grain of what Nolan has casted before, actors that can disappear into the "role" of the character and not be out shined by their "celeb" status. Angelina and Johnny, whether through thier own fault or not, are overexposed.

We finally get 2 good Batman movies and now all the "experts" want all the Hollywood guest stars:banghead:duh

I believe there are plenty of good choices that we don't even know about. Lots of unknowns and little seen, "oh yeah where are they now" people to be cast!

You know Heath wasn't exactly an A list actor before Batman. His noteriety was Brokeback, but hardly a household name. Those are the actors I hope WB and Nolan stay away from!!!

What would be so wrong with Depp playing the Riddler? :confused: If you ask me an actor like Depp is far to good to even work with a guy like Nolan, Nolan should be so lucky if Depp were to even play the role.

I know what you're saying about the "Big Ticketed" actors, I agree but you have to admit a guy like Depp (Whos really larger than life right now) would own the role. I would assume you are just seeing another "Forever" and "Batman and Robin.

adambadadam
08-03-2008, 05:15 PM
"What would be so wrong with Depp playing the Riddler? If you ask me an actor like Depp is far to good to even work with a guy like Nolan, Nolan should be so lucky if Depp were to even play the role.

I know what you're saying about the "Big Ticketed" actors, I agree but you have to admit a guy like Depp (Whos really larger than life right now) would own the role. I would assume you are just seeing another "Forever" and "Batman and Robin."

Yep, thats what scares me. You said youself, Depp is bigger than life! It's just my opinion then, he becomes bigger than the character he's trying to portray. I happen to think it should be about the story/source material first and the actor second. Just logically ask yourself what are your a bigger fan of...Batman or Johnny Depp??? I ask with the utmost seriousness/honesty, not trying to diss what you enjoy. I have my own blind alliegences as well.

hydrobud
08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
please no Agelina ..or Hoffman ..

The Ween
08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Johnny Depp is good for the Riddler, but I'm doubting they'll go with that villian next. Bane is good!

I don't want Jolie soiling TDK. I honestly don't want to see Catwoman anytime soon.

cjk1000000
08-03-2008, 11:30 PM
I personally would love to see a CG version of Clay-Face! As long as they work him better than "that other company" did with The Sandman!

-CJK

CelticPredator
08-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Once again, he wouldnt work in the Nolanverse.

RJMacReady16
08-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I stumbled upon this story on your link (because this bat-conversation is taking place in several other threads anyway) and thought----

What a great day to be a fed!

http://celebedge.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Devil+Wears+Nothing+And+Other+Tales/Dramarama/ContentPostingDramarama3column?isfa=1&newsitemid=8898d13f-69f1-4034-8a5d-3547d83ffc80&feedname=RYAN_PORTER_GOSSIP&show=False&number=0&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

automaton
08-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Guy Pearce as the Riddler sounds right... combine shades of John Doe from Seven and John Nash from Beautiful Mind and lets keep this franchise moving ahead.

alphatyrant
08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
In the spirit of keeping generally low-key actors in the Nolan Gotham, how about Crispin Glover as The Riddler? He certainly does a good creepy/smart line of acting. I love Mr Freeze, he's the perfect tragedy villain but he's too sci-fi, as is Clayface. The last thing we want is a CG-fest to completely destroy the atmosphere that Nolan has created.

Buttmunch
08-04-2008, 12:44 PM
I still think Depp would be the best person to use if they need to recast the Joker.

automaton
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM
we will be lucky to get one more Batman film from Nowlan, and I will bet recasting the Joker will not be a consideration.

Bat Eater
08-04-2008, 01:11 PM
johnny depp as the riddler? hell no.....he'll remind me of willy wonka :D heres a link something about jolie and catwoman 2 must be false....im ^^^^ing cunfused...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17502

Sonic The MadHOG
08-05-2008, 02:30 PM

Chris Nolan would be nuts to make another Batman movie, after The Dark Knight the only way is downhttp://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/rolleye/rolleye0007.gif

RJMacReady16
08-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Say it isn't so....:monkey4

http://www.hollywood-newsroom.com/rumors/angelina-jolie-is-not-catwoman-in-batman-3-its-maggie-gyllenhaal/

http://denofgeek.net-genie.co.uk/movies/94558/gyllenhaal_as_catwoman_after_all.html

Lord Aykroyd
08-06-2008, 09:21 AM
I cry BS :rolleyes:

Dr.FeelGood
08-06-2008, 09:23 AM
I wouldnt pay any attention to rumours as yet, the film hasnt even finished its cinema run and the rumour-mill is already going strong on the next installment...if there is one.

For the time being...ignore them, and just enjoy the two we have for now...worry about the third when its officially announced :)

SJ

MaulFan
08-06-2008, 09:26 AM
If the Rachel Dawes character becomes Catwoman, I'd be quite curious how that is accomplished in the Nolan Batman world.

carbo-fation
08-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Nolan isn't that stupid. This is just rumor, a bad one at that.:monkey4

OSCORP
08-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Remember, the 3rd ones usually suck!

:)

gbtv01
08-06-2008, 09:35 AM
BS or a cruel joke...next they will play this angle.:lol

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a137/GBTv01/515585915_eeb0dec6ff_.jpg

CelticPredator
08-06-2008, 09:36 AM
If the Rachel Dawes character becomes Catwoman, I'd be quite curious how that is accomplished in the Nolan Batman world.

She's kitty litter now...so, I have no idea how that works.

Estel
08-06-2008, 09:38 AM
BS. Nolan has already stated on several occasions that, if there were to be a third part, he would want to explore villains not yet portrayed on screen.

The Ringer
08-06-2008, 09:39 AM
BS or a cruel joke...next they will play this angle.:lol

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a137/GBTv01/515585915_eeb0dec6ff_.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That is Great!

Agent0028
08-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh brother. :rolleyes:

That pic is funny, but is Bats contemplating suicide in the original?

Fubeca
08-06-2008, 09:55 AM
No, no, no, NO NO NO!!!! I hated hated hated Maggie. She is ugly and no way could she be catwoman! UGLY UGLY UGLY!!!

gbtv01
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Oh brother. :rolleyes:

That pic is funny, but is Bats contemplating suicide in the original?

Why yes he was:o...still made a funny pic though...lol

Agent0028
08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Something about Batman contemplating suicide makes me chuckle. Is that bad?

turtlepower73
08-06-2008, 11:02 AM
hey when you pull that article up. what is that picture from maggie is hot in that.

wofford29
08-06-2008, 11:16 AM
These rumors are starting to get retarded. Nolan and Goyer both have already said that if they do a 3rd film the villians would DEFINITELY NOT be Catwoman or Penguin.

RJMacReady16
08-06-2008, 11:17 AM
These rumors are starting to get retarded. Nolan and Goyer both have already said that if they do a 3rd film the villians would DEFINITELY NOT be Catwoman or Penguin.

I just keep praying this is true....

Fubeca
08-06-2008, 11:52 AM

But is Catwoman really a "Villian"?

automaton
08-06-2008, 12:06 PM
jeeez... we don't even know if Nowlan will sign on for a 3rd...

Wanderer
08-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Sounds genuine imo. I dont think its such a bad idea and would certainly be in keeping with Nolans vision

plasmid303
08-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I'd be ok if they never make another Batman movie. Leaves the franchise on an extremely high note.

F-ing WB and DC should reroute those resources for Superman and Wonder woman and the rest of the damn League.

The Mike
08-07-2008, 08:02 PM
jeeez... we don't even know if Nowlan will sign on for a 3rd...

This is true. Initially Nolan was only signed to do two films and an option to do a third, whether he'll exercise the option or not is in the air.

Moriarty’s BUZZKILL! Where Dumb Rumors Go To Die! BATMAN 3! Britney And Quentin! PLASTIC MAN!
Hey, everyone. “Moriarty” here.
You know, a good 2/3 of all stupid Internet movie rumors that gain any traction whatsoever could be stopped cold in their tracks if people would just think. I know it's Hollywood, but logic does still apply.

I’m not going to promise BUZZKILL as a regular column, but when the situation presents itself, maybe we should trot this one out from time to time.

First, let’s talk about BATMAN 3.

Or better yet, let’s not. For about a year. Since that’s the earliest you’ll hear anything that could remotely be called news about characters or casting or the script or anything. A year from now. Not next week. Not next month. It will be a while.

Christopher Nolan’s next film will not be about Batman. I think you can pretty much count on that. And until Christopher Nolan officially says, “I’m not making another Batman film,” no one else is going to. He is absolutely, 100% going to be given first refusal on the next film, and right now, that’s it. That’s all the news there is.

I repeat... so we’re clear... Christopher Nolan has not decided what to do next. And he is not signed to make another Batman film yet.

So that means no script. No story. No anything. No creative choices have been made about what to do with the next film. Right now, Warner Bros. is busy making party hats out of $1000 bills, counting all the silly, silly, silly DARK KNIGHT money they’re making, and that’s it.

When someone tells you Johnny Depp is “signed” to play The Riddler, feel free to laugh in their face.

When someone tells you Philip Seymour Hoffman is “signed” to play The Penguin, ask them if it’s just as true this time as it was when it was a DARK KNIGHT rumor two years ago. Then laugh in their face.

When someone tells you anything about Catwoman or recasting The Joker or Clayface or Man-Bat or Killer Croc or ANYTHING... just brush it off.

Because it’s not true. It’s just not. No matter how much you want it to be. No matter how many times it gets reprinted for no reason. No matter how many photoshopped “costume tests” start floating around.

It’s just not happening. Yet.

The only thing that is in stone is that Goyer has a treatment that he completed around the time of The Dark Knight as the conclusion to his trilogy. The thing is that Nolan rewrote most of what Goyer had so we aren't even that far.

RJMacReady16
08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
The only thing that is in stone is that Goyer has a treatment that he completed around the time of The Dark Knight as the conclusion to his trilogy. The thing is that Nolan rewrote most of what Goyer had so we aren't even that far.

Yeah I believe that Goyer's plot had pt. III covering the trial of the Joker, during which he turned Harvey Dent into Two-Face.

Glad they didn't go that route considering what happened to Ledger

pjam
08-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I can't believe you Guys read this internet BS. :lol

Nolan is so burned out right now he doesn't even want to think about Batman.

We're at least a year away from anything, people need to rest, they're drained right now and still need to sell this Monster Overseas and you guys are talking about Casting. Gimme a break, better yet, give them a break.

The only thing we know right now is the third installment will deal with redemption. The first theme was Fear. Second: Escalation. Third: Redemption

EVILFACE
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't think we even to should think about casting for another 3 years.

The Mike
08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Recent rumors are that Nolan said somewhere he won't even consider doing a third Batman film until he handles another project first. So it might be longer than that.

scubasteve
08-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I'll have nothing against the man if he doesn't pursue a third film. As far as I'm concerned, he has given us two of the most epic and imaginative superhero films of all time, and I couldn't be more pleased.

And, all these "casting rumors" are becoming ridiculous. :lol

RJMacReady16
08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I'll have nothing against the man if he doesn't pursue a third film. As far as I'm concerned, he has given us two of the most epic and imaginative superhero films of all time, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I would feel the exact same why had he not ended it the way he did.

Tie up some loose strings before you walk away at least...

pjam
08-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I think the first "BIG NEWS" we'll hear is when/if Nolan signs on to a third Film -- and even that won't be for a while, maybe next year.

But my Guess is he will complete the Trilogy. In fact I think you can bet on it.

Voorhees27
08-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Is it just me or did the title of this thread change? :confused::confused::confused:

wofford29
08-07-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm guessing the next news we'll hear is how Warner Bros. just made Nolan the highest paid director in Hollywood for a 3rd installment. That will be at least a year away though. If I'm not mistaken I think Nolan was already playing around with a remake of "The Prisoner" for his next project.

The Mike
08-07-2008, 08:53 PM
There will be a third film regardless, Bale, Oldman, Freeman are all signed for a third. Hopefully it includes Nolan and he'll definitely have first pick whether he wants it or not but it will happen with or without him.

scubasteve
08-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Like Bale has stated several times, a third one without Nolan just wouldn't be the same. You can guarantee that Nolan will remain coy, regardless.

wofford29
08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
There will be a third film regardless, Bale, Oldman, Freeman are all signed for a third. Hopefully it includes Nolan and he'll definitely have first pick whether he wants it or not but it will happen with or without him.

I'm pretty sure Oldman didn't sign on for more than one. If I remember correctly he didn't even want to do The Dark Knight and when recently asked about a 3rd and if he would return he said "I guess I'll have to."

The Mike
08-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Really. I remember reading in Variety I believe around BB that the deal for three included all major players including Oldman. Either way, something tells me that he'll have no issues being back for a 3rd.

artistrex
08-09-2008, 07:30 PM
To everyone commenting that is is too early to think about casting, ya thats probably true, but it's fun, and truly isn't that what movies are supposed to be about?

as for The Riddler? I think Depp would be to flamboyant for that role, I would rather see the methodical Riddler from Batman TAS give it to this guy,

http://www.transformers-movie-buzz.com/uploads/uploadNewsPhotos/medium_Transformers%20-%20Hugo%20Weaving-2cwx9h9k.jpg

Riddle me this, Hugo weaving as the Riddler? hell yeah!

turtlepower73
08-10-2008, 06:14 AM
they need to do somebody different. bane is the best choice. we have seen all the other characters done already.

Morbach
08-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Johnny Depp would more than likely do a good job. However for those of you who don't know,Christopher Nolan has not signed on to do a 3rd yet. Warner Bros said that they hope he finds a story he likes and wants to do a 3rd.

There will be a 3rd because Bale signed on for 3,but if Nolan doesn't direct it this could be bad for this movie. Nolan's vision made begins and dk what it is. If someone new steps in 'cause Nolan doesn't wanna do it then this could be bad. Lets hope...lets pray that Nolan does it.

RoboDad
08-12-2008, 01:42 PM
as for The Riddler? I think Depp would be to flamboyant for that role.

Johnny Depp is a consummate character actor. He is only flamboyant if the character calls for it. He would be a superb choice for the Riddler. Not necessarily the only conceivable choice, but easily one of the best possible choices.

nervecenter0
08-14-2008, 04:50 PM
I really didn't know what to expect from Heath as the Joker in TDK, but what I think Nolan did with Heath's help was take the essence of what the Joker is about, 'Chaos' and give it life and depth. R'as al ghul's character was about 'Vengeance'. Both these characters were reflections of the inner turmoil the Batman/Wayne was experiencing at the time himself.
Avenging his parents, Fighting against the 'monster he could become'.
A villain for the third act would have to express that 'negative reflection' of who and what Batman is now/next.
We need to ask where did we leave Batman in his evolution? Hunted, Reviled, out of control. Blamed for the 'Ills' he is felt to have created.
When Nolan Knows where Batman goes next, he will know which Villain to use.
Bane could have possibillities, if he were portrayed as an innocent, a victim of circumstance who's Innabillity to control his enormous brute strength pushes Batman to the point of Murder as the only option to stop him.
Similarly, the Riddler if written and performed correctly could push similar buttons.(I would like to see him portrayed as a Serial Killer, as sort of hybrid of Dexter and John Doe from Seven). Personally I don't see the Penguin working as a Major Villain for Nolan, but as a secondary villain, yes, that may be OK, perhaps along the lines of those suggested already as a Mob Boss of sorts, driving a sub-plot.
Catwoman may be too obvious a choice, as a 'darker female mirror' of Batman, having just lost his love. That has been 'Done to Death', in print and on TV and Film.
If one looks long and hard at the list of Batman's enemies, after the first half dozen or so they begin to become cliched and regurgative. So choice is fairly limited. One more movie is about all I think there is room for.
Casting wise, we will all be wrong. Nolan will cast against type, as ever.
He looks for whats 'inside' his actors, Not on the 'outside'. So I wouldn't even like to hazard a guess at this moment in time.

The Mike
08-14-2008, 05:51 PM
There are too many Batman threads.....check this out:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/kryptonianmike/Pic%20Examples/w8t0sx.jpg

Its fan made but gives an interesting idea of using the Riddler. Most think of the comic and TV incarnations of The Riddler where he is a wimpy, skinny man who is more jaded than any thing. The idea of his hands being tattooed with "Riddle me this" invokes the idea that his is more of a serial killer with the riddles possibly being more of a quark, something he must do instead of wants to do, a throwaway from his persona. If written correctly he could be as terroristic as The Joker if not more because his compulsive need to leave a riddle to point to his next target and a compulsive need to stick to that target....think "Miniature Killer" from CSI kind of compulsion. It could work...even though I don't think he'll be the next villain. I'm sticking to my Black Mask prediction.

RJMacReady16
08-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I've gotta' admit---I hated the idea of the Riddler until I saw that fanboy poster.

That's actually pretty cool.:lol

barbelith
08-15-2008, 09:29 PM
I've gotta' admit---I hated the idea of the Riddler until I saw that fanboy poster.

Me too. But the idea of pulling a Zodiac has me intrigued. Especially if Nolan has the balls to not even show us the Riddler until the climax and it's just some random guy.

RoboDad
08-15-2008, 10:40 PM
The poster is interesting, but I think they need to take the Riddler (or whoever the next villain is) in a different direction. That is too close to the Joker's motif. It would seem almost like a retread to me.

Keeping the Riddler's identity 'secret' (maybe we, the audience see him, but the rest of the cast never does) might be interesting, especially if he is playing a double-sided mind game with Batman. On the surface, he could be toying with Batman to solve the clues to his crimes, but he is also plotting a way to expose Batman's identity.

The Mike
08-15-2008, 11:37 PM
One could argue that Batman created the Joker meaning his flare for the theatrical so to emulate but still create and individual persona would be interesting. Start it similar only to have it evolve. It'd be interesting if the Riddler wasn't revealed as even Edward Nygma until the end of the film and is a police forensics scientist or someone else focused on specifics and details which lead to his insanity...have him helping Gordon only to be so intimately connected to the case.

Ra88
08-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Mr. Freeze would not work? Yeah right, if there's one thing Nolan showed especially with Batman Begins, then it's that any Batman villian could work with a little tweaking, no matter how crazy a concept. For example; IGN had an article on how various Bat rogues could realistically work, and they had a pretty good for Freeze. Since I can't find it I'll try to write what I remember. *AHUM AHUM*

Victor was nothing more then one of the scientists working for Wayne's company, working on various cryo-projects, the most important being one that would allow terminal patients to be put into "stasis", granting them more time until a cure would become available. Then one day, his wife is diagnosed with cancer, and she only has 2 more weeks to live. Victor pleads with the board to use his wife as the first test patient, but they refuse, and Victor decides to take a huge risk: He convinces his wife to do it and sneaks her into the tube. The days crawl by as he tries to keep it secret, looking for any possible treatment, but none coming, and in his frustration and growing madness he punishes himself by staying in the cold chamber as long as he can, soon only allowing himself to feel emotion when his body temperature drops. One day he goes too far, and his assistant only barely manages to get him to a hospital, where he stays in a coma for 4 weeks. When he comes by, he hears that he has been fired and that his wife was removed from the stasis tube...And that she had died while he was in the coma. Finally, something snaps in Victor's mind, and he becomes determined to do anything he can to make Wayne's company PAY for effectively killing his wife, using his expertise on cryo-technology to create various ice weapons.
No anti-heat suit, no mutated body, no head-on-robotic-legs...Just a grieving, vengefull madman who wants revenge on the suits who ruined his life.

As for other 'flamboyant' Rogues...Mad Hatter, owner of a tea house that's a drugfront, makes special hallucinating drugs that he always tests on himself, has a sick eye on the 11-year old blonde girl named Alice who lives in the house next to him...Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot, owner of the Ice Berg lounge who acts as an information broker to the cops and Batman, but who's secretly the biggest armsdealer in Gotham (using various small contacts to whipe out any suspicions leading to him)...Killer Croc, a thug who grants his nickname because he's so brutal and because he suffers from a rare skin disease/skin cancer that makes his skin look scaley...Manbat, erm....Okay, so maybe you can't turn all rogues into credible movie villians.:lol

nervecenter0
08-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Interesting, if one thinks about it isn't it the 'Press' who end up coining these names for creatures who exist like that in reallity & generally not the characters themselves, In a way the press turn them into charicatures of who they really are and, well, you know what they say 'give a dog a bad name.....' (see also 'self fulfilling prophecy').
The next movie DOES I feel need a major Villain as a 'Dark Mirror' for Batman, I think you could 'realise' (make real) any villain for story purposes but wether they'd be 'strong or have enough depth' is the real issue.

Riko
08-18-2008, 02:00 AM
maybe I should've posted this here first :)
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2900/bat3illustrationpu0.jpg
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7627/tdkreturnsfanmadepostermp9.jpg

BXCOLLECTOR
08-25-2008, 04:40 AM
heres the link:

http://comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/4975.asp

Rook
08-25-2008, 04:44 AM
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No...

plasmid303
08-25-2008, 04:49 AM
August Fools!

RJMacReady16
08-25-2008, 05:07 AM
Holy f#$%ing ass-crackers....

Shropt
08-25-2008, 05:09 AM
Nolan is just screwing with you guys now. Next he'll say his choice for Penguin is John Goodman.

Khev
08-25-2008, 05:42 AM
"The Caped Crusader"? 62 year old Catwoman? Yeah, and Marlon Wayans is Robin.

barbelith
08-25-2008, 08:14 AM
I don't think Nolan has ever casted without a script. Why would he start now?

Blackhole
08-25-2008, 08:15 AM
She's a cybernetic organism...

Living flesh over a metal endoskeleton...

Not flexible enough for Catwoman...

Kuzeh
08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Oh boy...:rolleyes:
Rumors people, just rumors...
no script yet, no casting...

Darklord Dave
08-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Filming in Vancouver? After they've been so complimentary to Chicago for both shoots?

This has got to be te dumbest of all the casting rumors so far. Merging it into the casting rumors thread.

automaton
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Nowlan hasn't even signed on yet so i wouldn't be concerned... besides, Tori Spelling would be in line for the Catwoman if it was being shot in Vancouver...

RJMacReady16
08-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Although it's most certainly a rumor...I've gotta admit....after what Nolan has done with the Batman franchise he can do whatever the hell he wants.

So on second thought...if he does cast Cher as Catwoman...trust him. He's got something good up his sleeve.

Hell, I almost wept when they first announced Ledger as the Joker.

Shai
08-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Is it really true that Depp will play the Riddler?

barbelith
08-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Is it really true that Depp will play the Riddler?

It's not even true that the Riddler is in the next movie. There is no screenplay. There is no casting without a screenplay. This thread should be killed until a screenplay is written. :)

automaton
08-25-2008, 02:37 PM
with the tarnished state Batman's name was in at the end of DK, i think a character such as The Riddler (played by Guy Pearce) stepping in and kanoodling with everyone's perception even further is the way to go...

Riko
08-25-2008, 03:49 PM
there are posters that didn't made if officially it seems...strange, the seem more awsome than the official ones :o

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8788/tdku3ro6.jpg

Sachiel
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Oh boy...:rolleyes:
Rumors people, just rumors...
no script yet, no casting...

:lecture:lecture:lecture

More like totally nonfactual BULL ^^^^!

Wetanut
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Betcha they won't be asking Robert Downey, Jr. anytime soon. :p

Bullseye
08-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Cher as Catwoman. OMG.

jungle jom
08-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Older women are often enamored with cats... It could be a whole different take on the catwoman story.

Keep an open mind...

Besides she looks a bit cat like after all that surgery.

automaton
08-26-2008, 06:55 PM
i seem to remember people whispering about Madonna playing a Sith Witch in ROTS...

have we learned nothing?

The Mike
08-26-2008, 07:18 PM
You don't remember the rumor about NSYNC Jedi Knights in AOTC? :lol

bumblebee
08-28-2008, 01:48 PM
I'd like to see Bane at the very end of the next batman movie with a knightfall type event happening just before the credits roll...it would setup perfectly a 4th film. IMHO.

nervecenter0
08-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Older women are often enamored with cats... It could be a whole different take on the catwoman story.

Keep an open mind...

Besides she looks a bit cat like after all that surgery.

Very true, what about a 'Miss Haversham' take on Catwoman, Fading Manhating beauty, wreaking revenge on all men........(now if Tim Burton had done that?, not that Pfeiffer wasn't fabulous).

DinoLast
08-28-2008, 04:48 PM
IMDb have said cher as Catwoman is bs, sorry

Nolan has not even discussed another sequel with Warner yet

my guess is that he will concentrate on a separate project first

BXCOLLECTOR
09-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Michael Caine confirms batman 3 villains,heres the link:http://comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/5006.asp