Which is the better Joker.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Joker puts a smile on your face?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CelticPredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
No more thread hijacks. Debate here....

And here....we....GO!

I like the HT the best...DC's isnt bad, but he's too tall, and the clothing is meh....

Overall, Hot Toys.

Best accessory number and variety - DCDirect.

Best likeness - DCDirect (with Les' alterations.)

Best clothing - Hot Toys

Best paint - Hot Toys, while not accurate, it looks better than the sloppy DCD one.

Best companion pieces - Hot Toys (Batman BB and TDK, Batpod, Batmobile)

Really if the HT hair could be translpanted on the DCD head, that would be the perfect Joker head, and HT already pretty much has the perfect outfit (just switch red lining to orange).

Well companion pieces is a seperate issue. But we all know who is winning this thread in a Hot Toys dominated forum. It's like going over to Green Bay and asking who do you like better, the Bears or the Packers. I respect Buttmunch, but dude ... clothing, paint make the HT the better piece compared to superior likeness and accessory? Huh? Companion pieces has nothing to do with comparing two products based on a character. With that said, the HT Batman can be displayed with the Joker. They're the same scale.

Neither. We'll have to wait for Hot toys version 2.

The current Hot toys is a great looking figure but, having seen the film, it turns out that facial likeness is really important and it fails on that score.

DCD has a better face sculpt but the paint looks Hasbro-like, the hair is flat, the clothes are inferior and its the wrong scale.

good title for the poll btw.

Well companion pieces is a seperate issue. But we all know who is winning this thread in a Hot Toys dominated forum. It's like going over to Green Bay and asking who do you like better, the Bears or the Packers.

Last I checked, this was a Sideshow dominated forum.

We simply view Hot Toys superior to DCDirect. I won't lie the likeness is better on them (its a scan, not a sculpt made from scratch) but that is really the only thing. Yeah some of their accessories would be nice too, but its the figure we all want to buy, not the accessories.

Im sure if the HT Joker was the DC Direct, and DC was HT, people would pick DC's. Its not a fan thing, its just a lot of people belive HT is a better figure....

Neither. We'll have to wait for Hot toys version 2.

The current Hot toys is a great looking figure but, having seen the film, it turns out that facial likeness is really important and it fails on that score.

DCD has a better face sculpt but the paint looks Hasbro-like, the hair is flat, the clothes are inferior and its the wrong scale.

Well said! I too am sure V2 will be the best, but it might be a variant like Nurse Joker or missing his jacket and gloves as in a Jail Joker. Just like Jack Sparrow, you'll have to get them all to make your own perfect figure by mixing and matching.

Yes. Yes I am. I also love the sculpt of the HT Joker. It captures the roughness perfectly.

No, no it really doesn't. It looks nothing like TDK Joker. It looks like Jim Carrey's Grinch. The likeness isn't even close to DC Direct's sculpt.

So you're choosing a figure's clothes and paint for $150 OVER LIKENESS? Uhh ... ok.

Well the likeness shouldn't be the ONLY thing you buy a figure for. If that was the case, many people would never buy a Hasbro 3 3/4" figure.

OVERALL though, the HT is better. Yes the head is better on DCD (with Les' added hair), but that is really it. Although I wouldn't mind paying DCD prices for a HT figure!

$90 for a poorly painted likeness isn't a good choice either. ;)

No, no it really doesn't. It looks nothing like TDK Joker. It looks like Jim Carrey's Grinch. The likeness isn't even close to DC Direct's sculpt.

Take in mind this was probably sculpted months before any really good reference pics were available. That is why it is out NOW instead of 6 or more months from the film's release like Iron Man is going to be. DCD's is a scan of Heath Ledger's face, so it has no excuse but to look exactly like him. Its not really fair to compair a hand-sculpted head to a laser scan of the actual actor. The scan will always be better.

But you have to admit, HT has better hair than DCD.

You just said the DC Direct has the most accurate likeness. Likeness is the most important factor in a movie related toy. Clothing and paint make no difference if the likeness sucks. And the HT likeness is atrocious. "Hey fellas, check my Joker figure's clothes. I know it doesn't look like the Joker, but man look at the clothes." ... haha

And after seeing the finalized toy, the clothing doesn't look as superior the way it did in those initial prototype pictures. In fact, I don't even think there's a true difference. One person who bought the HT Joker said his vest didn't even stay shut cause it had cheap velcro. haha

I'm going to spend $150 for a doll's clothes.

hmm...i stated my opinion in the other thread. but considering Hot Toys is just a better figure maker than DC Direct overall I'm biased and will always side with them most of the time just because they actually hand craft their sculpts....so that is where the money goes.

There ya go, fixed a few errors ya made.

Which just goes to show why DC's Joker looks EXACTLY like Heath Ledger's Joker. And HT's looks like well ... whatever it's supposed to look like but it definetely isn't the Joker from The Dark Knight.

:rotfl

And another BIG BIG BIG BIG factor is, the DC Joker is WAY to freaking big. He wont fit with ANY of my other figures. So...there ya go.

HT's has better hair, better socks (DC's has none, but HT's isn't accurate), and it has the accurate knife.

THAT'S ALL.

And it costs $150. haha

I don't even know how you fellas can justify that to yourselves, then try to argue for it being a better figure of a character from a movie that it looks NOTHING like. Sculpted with few reference pics or not. Did they not see all the black eye makeup on the Joker in every photo released?

Which just goes to show why DC's Joker looks EXACTLY like Heath Ledger's Joker. And HT's looks like well ... whatever it's supposed to look like but it definetely isn't the Joker from The Dark Knight.

:rotfl

Well why you may prefer a 13 inch figure with an odd paint job and junk tailoring, I'll take my HT Joker with a nice headsculpt, nice paint and killer outfit.

You just said the DC Direct has the most accurate likeness. Likeness is the most important factor in a movie related toy. Clothing and paint make no difference if the likeness sucks. And the HT likeness is atrocious. "Hey fellas, check my Joker figure's clothes. I know it doesn't look like the Joker, but man look at the clothes." ... haha

And after seeing the finalized toy, the clothing doesn't look as superior the way it did in those initial prototype pictures. In fact, I don't even think there's a true difference. One person who bought the HT Joker said his vest didn't even stay shut cause it had cheap velcro. haha

I'm going to spend $150 for a doll's clothes.

Actually clothing and paint make a HUGE difference. That is why everyone is choosing the HT figure over the DCD figure. Even the best of sculpts can be ruined by a poor paint job, which the DCD head is a victim of.

The overall FEEL of the Dark Knight Joker is in the HT figure. He will be instantly recognizable as the Joker, is there any doubts there? Sure, as you said, the likeness isn't as accurate, but hair is, and that really helps sell part of the likeness. The DCD head's hair is way to FLAT to be accurate.

I'd rather spend $150 for doll's clothes and an acceptable likeness than $90 for a great likness and unacceptable clothes and oversized body.

Back