PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

WetaWork
08-02-2008, 07:14 AM
If you could only choose one, which one and why?

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photo/369DSC_2600b_3x4.jpg http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photo/376DSC_4664a_3x4b.jpg

Moe Szyslak
08-02-2008, 07:17 AM
I prefer the original suit. First, I like the larger Bat logo on the chest and second, I just think the new suit has too much going on.

minivader
08-02-2008, 07:30 AM
original. The TDK suit looks way too busy IMO. Its okay on screen since its mostly dark and you dont really see all the details all the time, but as a toy, it looks too much.

Les Walker
08-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Even in the movie DK, he seemed more massive and intimidating in the one scene where he was in the original suit. THAT felt more like Batman to me. He never had the same screen presence afterwards. Just my op.

DinoLast
08-02-2008, 08:29 AM
I would go for the old suit. The new suit looks to chunky, it's more streamline in the movie

wofford29
08-02-2008, 08:33 AM
I kind of cheated with my pick because I already own other versions of the Batman Begins figure so I went with The Dark Knight suit.

If I didn't own any Batman figures and it was a what suit do I prefer it would be the Begins figure.

Voorhees27
08-02-2008, 08:40 AM
I kind of cheated with my pick because I already own other versions of the Batman Begins figure so I went with The Dark Knight suit.

If I didn't own any Batman figures and it was a what suit do I prefer it would be the Begins figure.

Thats exactly how I voted, I picked TDK because there have already been BB versions. Very tough choice still nonetheless.

Rugby1970
08-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm going with the new suit... I really love the way it looked on camera.

That being said, the HT original suit figure is just about perfect... such a good representation.

The DK suit looks to be improving so I cannot wait to see what finally comes out. Hopefully we don't have to wait for a "Hong Kong Mission Dark Knight' type-figure to get a perfect DK but we might have to wait.

Enough rambling... I'm getting both but if I had to pick one I would gamble and go for the new costume.

rabidwolverine21
08-02-2008, 08:50 AM
i like the chest plate of the new film but i hated the way the legs were done. if you could mix the turnable head with the old suit id think youd have the perfect look.

Cap'n Cook
08-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Even in the movie DK, he seemed more massive and intimidating in the one scene where he was in the original suit. THAT felt more like Batman to me. He never had the same screen presence afterwards. Just my op.

Even though I will be getting TDK suit to go with my HT BB new suit ver, I picked BB purely for the reson Les posted. Couldn't agree more.

freddysnightmares
08-02-2008, 08:59 AM
I like the old suit a little better because the bat symbol is larger and i like the neck and the mask better!!!!!

OSCORP
08-02-2008, 09:26 AM
TDK it just looks cooler!!!

customizerwannabe
08-02-2008, 09:29 AM
TDK suit from the pics.

fantasymaker
08-02-2008, 09:33 AM
the original no doubt , new is nice but prefer the original :D

Batman5
08-02-2008, 09:42 AM
The original for me as well. It's appearance is Batman to me. While the new TDK suit is neat, IMO, it doesn't hold a candle to the Begins suit.

galactiboy
08-02-2008, 09:50 AM
I prefer the look of the original... 1) because that's more identifiable as Batman since it was in the first movie and 2) I think the TDK while fine on screen, is too busy.

cerealkeller
08-02-2008, 09:53 AM
I prefer the Begins suit. When I first saw TDK suit I liked the idea of the armor, but overall I'm going to agree with Les on this, he looked more intimidating in the Begins suit.

Wanderer
08-02-2008, 09:55 AM

I think that was probably the point...dont forget he asked for the suit to be re-designed to make him lighter and more manoeuvrable.
Totally agree though, he looked bigger in the first suit. I'm hoping for an overhaul for number three to go with the new Batmobile, Cave etc:wacky

iron.jedi83
08-02-2008, 11:57 AM
im waiting to get both from toys2 but i choose TDK suit cause it just looks sweet on the batpod

Nolocke
08-02-2008, 12:36 PM
New suit all the way! :rock

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 01:30 PM

See I felt the exact opposite. I thought he looked great in the BEGINS suit, but that Dark Knight suit to me was alot more mysterious and intimidating with the shadowed eyes from the sleeker cowl. I mean that scene in the interrogation room? Or the scene with Maroni?

:horror

VALVOLINER
08-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi!

The original suit is the best by far..The new suit looks kinda weird and looses the Batman essence.

EVILFACE
08-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Original is much sleaker.

mpgeist
08-02-2008, 02:16 PM
I like both a whole lot, but I'd give the edge to the Begins suit, simply because of the neck. He may not have been able to turn his head, but I sure thought that cowl was intimidating!

carbo-fation
08-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Tough choice. I like both. I think HT nailed both of them.

a-dev
08-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Both figures look superb. But I voted for the original suit. Less practical in reality but ultimately cooler looking. Someone said before that the new suit looks like some sort of BMX outfit and I agree.

PapitoMX
08-02-2008, 03:59 PM

Yes, I do agree about more of a presence in the original suit, but I have to say that with the new suit, to me at least, he looks a bit "evilish". Especially in the interrogation part when Batman slams Joker's head onto the table and he gives the Joker the meanest stare that for me was more intimidating and a bit scarier that I do not know if it would have gave that same effect if he had the original. But that's just me.

Captain Britain
08-02-2008, 04:41 PM
The old suit looks more animalistic, it's a great Batman Begins suit, symbolising his animal rage at the death of his parents and transformation into a human animal hybrid - the Batman. But the second suit, which is more armoured, more like a suit of armour, is a visual metaphor for his development into a 'Dark Knight' and his struggle to regain his humanity (because it looks more skeletal and is more defined).

All that crap aside, I will prefer the new suit IF it turns out to be darker than the shots we've seen. I don't like the grey. Batman doesn't have shades of grey!

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Definetely. Great catch Captain Britain. BEGINS is a "Batman" more based off visceral animal rage. Thus the thick monsterous neck, and the bulk. The Dark Knight suit is very much inspired by Knight like armor. Thus, the development into "The Dark Knight"

But c'mon, he looked intimidating as hell in TDK suit. Not as large, but definetely intimidating. In fact, I think Bale himself looks more intimidating with the weight he DROPPED for The Dark Knight. Makes his face look way more intimidating with those pronounced cheek bones. Like that scene of him walking away from the party all pissed like when he takes out the thug, then disassembles his shotgun military style.

I thought his eyes and face looked much more intimidating in TDK cowl, where as his physique looked more intimidating in the BEGINS suit. I mean, I don't know if it was Bale's acting or the suit itself, but I could never imagined an on screen Batman looking as intimidating as Batman does in a BRIGHTLY light interrogation room. And Bale made Batman look frightening as hell in that scene. Or the image of him in the Batmobile after he slams the Tumbler into the garbage truck, destroying it.

Bat Eater
08-02-2008, 05:51 PM
i like both but i voted for the original suit

gdb
08-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Old school suit! The new one looks like it won't be as posable. Plus, as others have pointed out, the original feels more like the iconic Batman (who goes around in a fabric suit).

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 06:03 PM
You talking about the figure or the actual costume, gdb? Cause the actual costume, TDK suit is way more versatile and comfortable, with more maneuverability. BTW, are you the same gdb who happens to be a die hard Kobe fan like me?

customizerwannabe
08-02-2008, 06:11 PM
TDK suit is way more versatile and comfortable,

Got a pic of you wearing one?

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Got a pic of you wearing one?

No, but I got a pic of me on the set with one of the actors. And Bale has mentioned numerous times how much more comfortable and mobile the new suit was. And the costume designer explained this to me as well way before Bale said anything about it.

Smart ass.

:rolleyes:

customizerwannabe
08-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Smart ass.
You have no idea.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Voorhees27
08-02-2008, 07:13 PM
No, but I got a pic of me on the set with one of the actors. And Bale has mentioned numerous times how much more comfortable and mobile the new suit was. And the costume designer explained this to me as well way before Bale said anything about it.

Smart ass.

:rolleyes:

Can I see these pics? Was Keyser Soze there too? Just messing with you, just bustin some balls! :D

P.S. DC Direct blows...................:monkey3 Kidding again of course.............:cool: or am I? :naughty

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I know who you're talking about ...

I might put it up. I met everyone on set, Heath included, but only managed to get a pic with one of them when they were at a break in filming.

And the DC Direct >>> Hot Toys "Grinch"

Voorhees27
08-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I know who you're talking about ...

I might put it up. I met everyone on set, Heath included, but only managed to get a pic with one of them when they were at a break in filming.

And the DC Direct >>> Hot Toys "Grinch"

Yeah and what is wrong with the Grinch? Hmmmm? Hmmmm? :D

K fine, the DC head is ........................well ...................semi not bad but you have to admit the overall appearance of the HT Joker is better. Majority can't be wrong, they just can't.

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 07:28 PM
The majority here is Hot Toy fanatics, bro. A bit biased crowd if you ask me. And you're not going to have anyone admit a different product is better given that they just spent $150 on the thing. The DC Direct head sculpt is not average or "semi bad", haha it's easily the best likeness out of ANY The Dark Knight Joker product released yet. And people who aren't biased can spot that immedietely. And probably will remain the best of anything released. The HT face sculpt doesn't resemble Heath at all or TDK Joker. The mouth scar is totally wrong, the eyes are too close, the lines on his face are too deep and too many, and the face paint is wrong, and there is practically no black eye paint. HT has higher quality fabric to their clothes, and abit better on the body, and they have the one accurate knife. But DC Direct has the cheaper price, effective body structure and clothing, and better accessories.

Voorhees27
08-02-2008, 07:31 PM
The majority here is Hot Toy fanatics, bro. A bit biased crowd if you ask me. And you're not going to have anyone admit a different product is better given that they just spent $150 on the thing. The DC Direct head sculpt is not average or "semi bad", haha it's easily the best likeness out of ANY The Dark Knight Joker product released yet. And people who aren't biased can spot that immedietely. And probably will remain the best of anything released. The HT face sculpt doesn't resemble Heath at all or TDK Joker. The mouth scar is totally wrong, the eyes are too close, the lines on his face are too deep and too many, and the face paint is wrong, and there is practically no black eye paint. HT has higher quality fabric to their clothes, and abit better on the body, and they have the one accurate knife. But DC Direct has the cheaper price, effective body structure and clothing, and better accessories.

I will agree with you on the paint apps to Jokers face, the HT Joker NEEDS more deep black around his eyes. Once there you will see Ledger, trust me. I respect your points though, i've never really hated the DC version, just don't see how it even touches or better yet comes in a league with HT.

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh it's definetely in the league with HT. Fan approval vouches for this. I mean the thing is released for $80 - $90, and it goes for HT Joker prices and beyond. Pound for Pound, in addittion to price consideration, it's probably better. Why would one pay for a $150 body and clothing? The clothes aren't that much better anyway to justify the price or the HT one being the better figure. It just doesn't. And I'm not biased against HT, cause their BEGINS Batman and The Dark Knight Batman, next to the DC Direct Joker, are the best mass released figure forms of the respected movie based characters. HT's just didn't get their sculpt right. Could've been such a great figure too. And it doesn't just need black around his eyes, I'm sure that would help alot, but it isn't the only problem with the thing. I mean how does one justify wanting to pay $150 for a movie based figure that doesn't resemble the character apart from his clothing? Just look how much better the DC Direct face looks to the Hot Toys one. And once again, I'm not bashing, because HT's Batman figures SPANK the in house product of DC's Batman related movie figures.

Heath Ledger's The Dark Knight Joker
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3637/dsc06803copyrg9.jpg

v.s.

Jim Carrey's The Grinch w/ TDK inspired clown makeup ???
http://homepage.mac.com/denkinews/images/toys/ht_joker23.jpg

The Craw
08-02-2008, 07:38 PM
the old suit looks chunky and cumbersome. i like the new suit. its more high-tech. why does everyone keep saying "it's too busy"? i hate that. "busy". what is that supposed to mean? it has more detail yeah but it's not "busy". maybe if it had lights and moving parts it could be labeled "busy". one person uses that word and then a bunch of sheep need to follow suit i guess.:rolleyes:

OSCORP
08-02-2008, 07:39 PM
DC direct Joker sucks balls.

End of discussion.

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 07:39 PM
And I was someone who banged the drum for Hot Toys Joker when I saw the proto. Then the finished product? Yuck.

Add a simple small chain you can find at Michaels or something, and viola ... looks like Heath Ledger's Joker lept off the screen and into your living room or desk.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/923/jokecp1.jpg

Just look at the face comparisons of the HT Joker and the DC Direct one ... then to my signature. Which one looks more like the movie Joker? It's obvious.

fistfulmetal
08-02-2008, 07:42 PM
I like them both. Since I ordered both, I think once I have them in front me I'll be able to make a choice. However based on the pics I've seen, I say the original suit!

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 07:42 PM

End of discussion.

^

Mad customer endlessly defending an inferior product because he's emberassed he spent $150 on a movie related product that doesn't even resemble character from the movie.

It's okay man, I'd put up a front too to makeup for the fact I got hosed out of money.

:naughty

The Craw
08-02-2008, 07:43 PM

End of discussion.what this guy said:lecture
that DCD joker looks like somebody crapped it out of their ass.

Spliff
08-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Begins suit, I like it better.

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey Spliff, did you get my message man?

WetaWork
08-02-2008, 07:51 PM

Some good points but:

The HT face sculpt doesn't resemble Heath at all or TDK Joker...

You seem to be stating this as a fact rather than an opinion. I find that to be biased & fanatical especially since you have gone out of your way to post this in a vote thread regarding HT Batmans.

Please stop thread crapping and discuss your love of the DC Joker for the 500th time in another thread. Thank you.

The Craw
08-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Please stop thread crapping and discuss your love of the DC Joker for the 500th time in another thread. Thank you.last time i checked there wasnt a DCD section on this board. we really only like to discuss high end collectibles here.

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Well people sucked me into this one, no? Go back and re-read. I didn't start talking about the comparison till I was baited. I'm just defending my opinion, from alot of people. I'm defending my stance against a pro - HT can't do any wrong crowd, who need to defend their expensive purchase for a less than stellar product.

Spliff
08-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey Spliff, did you get my message man?

Yea, my reply didn't go though?

I just wrote saying I'd let you know if I could come across a Movie Masters Joker. stuff is hard to find now.:o

Just A Freak
08-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Yea, my reply didn't go though?

I just wrote saying I'd let you know if I could come across a Movie Masters Joker. stuff is hard to find now.:o

I understand, we'll discuss.

Mr. Fusion
08-02-2008, 08:16 PM
As much as I like the new suit, and even though I'm getting both, I voted Original. It looked a little strange to me in TDK, even though it is exactly the same. But I do prefer the BB version.

Spliff
08-02-2008, 08:34 PM
As much as I like the new suit, and even though I'm getting both, I voted Original. It looked a little strange to me in TDK, even though it is exactly the same. But I do prefer the BB version.
I think I know what you mean, cos the cowl looked pretty different to me...

a-dev
08-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I agree with Just a Freak about the Hot toys joker headsculpt looking nothing like Heath Ledgers joker. At the same time however I don't think DCD figure looks that much better to get a figure thats out of scale with everything else I have and whose clothing is inferior. I'm hoping for a Version 2 from Hot toys that will get the head right - not a guarantee, considering version 2 Superman still didn't look like Routh but I have a feeling they'd find it easier getting an accurate Heath ledger joker. There are no perfect TDK joker figs out there right now - DCD has a better face but the hair still looks wrong - I'm counting on Hot toys to do him justice in the end.

hairlesswookiee
08-02-2008, 08:47 PM
both....they are awesome in their own rights. however, if you have to get one just get the new one as you'll be able to find the original one cheaper later.

Buttmunch
08-02-2008, 09:08 PM
I picked TDK suit. Why? Well right now, it just makes a better display figure. It works with the Joker, Batmobile, and Batpod. Joker never faced Batman in the BB suit, so right now, BB Batman is really a stand alone display. If we had a Scarecrow or Ra's or somebody to go with him, that would be different, but right now TDK suit would make the better choice.

And I do think I'm starting to like TDK suit better than the BB suit in terms of looks.

a-dev
08-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I picked TDK suit. Why? Well right now, it just makes a better display figure. It works with the Joker, Batmobile, and Batpod. Joker never faced Batman in the BB suit, so right now, BB Batman is really a stand alone display. If we had a Scarecrow or Ra's or somebody to go with him, that would be different, but right now TDK suit would make the better choice..

A sound rationale. I voted on looks alone though and that meant the original suit for me.

Lynxje
08-02-2008, 10:12 PM
I prefer the new suit, I just like the high-tech look of it.

rabidwolverine21
08-02-2008, 10:20 PM
the thing i like about the new suit is the turnable head i always thought it was gay that batman could never turn his head.

Darth Boots
08-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Not much to add other than I just really dig the BB version. I like the TDK, but to me it has too much going on.

WetaWork
08-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm only getting one type of Batman, so after reading everyone's comments and giving it much thought, I decided to go with the new suit Batman as it will be posed with the Joker to depict scenes in the film when he was wearing the new suit.

Thanks for all the feedback and helping me with my decision.

Reinhardt
08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
new suit for me, but i love both, and am getting both.

scubasteve
08-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Can't really vote until I have both of them. Love the look of BB - sleak, nostalgic.

TDK is wonderful as well. After all, he is a "dark knight," and the TDK suit certainly has a "knight-like" feel to it (armor, plating, the kevlar/chainmail-esque material under the suit.

However, I DO prefer the TDK cowl over BB. It has a darker, more menacing look to it.

Dr.Mirakle32
08-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I think it's funny how everyone keeps calling TDK suit "menacing". My friend, who is NOT a comic fan, and I agree thought it made Bale look funny and cute (in a cuddly sort of way,) and the cowel looked like it had chipmunk cheeks.

Spliff
08-03-2008, 07:10 PM
two grown men calling another man in a suit designed to ruin your day, "cute."

interesting.

Dr.Mirakle32
08-03-2008, 09:05 PM
http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/the-dark-knight-got-milk.jpg

Even without the milk moustache, it doesn't make it that much better.

Zoolander
08-03-2008, 09:11 PM
:lol at the milk moustache but i still thin the new suit looks better.

Riko
08-04-2008, 08:51 AM
new suit all the way
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/4713/dk08cb0007ca0.jpg
http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/bale19740130/imgs/7/8/789f3ef6.jpeg
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7117/tdkbatman02eo9.jpg
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/364/dk0007pg2.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6712/dk05vj0.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/ferdalump/darkknight/0003gtg3.jpg

Dr.Mirakle32
08-04-2008, 10:20 AM
That looks SOOO ridiculous! In the film, it looked okay, since it was always dark, but there, it looks like the worse Shumacher suit, gone bad!

Just A Freak
08-04-2008, 10:23 AM
You think that looks WORSE than the WORST Shumacher suit? Uhhh ...

Riko
08-04-2008, 10:41 AM
That looks SOOO ridiculous! In the film, it looked okay, since it was always dark, but there, it looks like the worse Shumacher suit, gone bad!

the new suit look really intimidating, especially the way bale uses his mouth and eyes IMO!

intimidation is all what batman is about! this is someting the schumacher-suits never could pull off....:rolleyes:

pjam
08-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Original Suit for me, it's a Classic - and I've seen the new Suit in person.

OSCORP
Talk about a down the middle of the road poll.

Cool.

Just A Freak
Me too, I've seen them both in person.

Roc74
08-04-2008, 11:15 AM
I like the newer suit just slightly more the then the original because of its sleekness.

rabidwolverine21
08-04-2008, 11:19 AM
the new suit reminds me of the way you match puzzle pieces before you actually snap them together, but thats just me and i still like the new one just fine.

CristiMAN
08-04-2008, 12:47 PM
It worked really well on film. It was a nice evolution from Begins. But foe the overall look, I still think that the original made Bale more menacing and larger. The Panther cowl made him more os a beast. But in the end, both worked really well on film. And that's what it matters in the end...

EVILFACE
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Talk about a down the middle of the road poll.

Cool.

Yea, it's a little closer than the HT vs DCD Joker poll.

Les Walker
08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Interesting turnout. I am surprised by the results. Only a month or so ago, there was much dissent about the new suit. Shows what a major movie can do for it. Plus there is the 20 S.W.A.T. does not equal 1 BATMAN rule. Hard to beat that.

cr0w
08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm gonna go with the original suit on this one. I don't like the lighter gray on the upper torso and the legs all being made of the same material. I vastly prefer Medicom's TDK suit based on the pictures we've seen.

lkhoe
08-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi guyz. I actually prefer the original suit and that surprised me coz when u see both suits in the movie, somehow either d joker gets more attention or the new suit seems to lack something.

I think it was mentioned a while ago, that the original suit made him more menacing and gave him better screen presence. Now I see that its true IMO.

Remember the first movie was all about creating a sense of fear in the enemy. As for TDK, the new suit was mainly to fight off dogs... big dogs, don't u think so?

Still, its cool and I'm going to get both anyway.

garzo
10-12-2008, 07:14 AM
Bump. . .

Just wondering, for those of you who have both the Original and TDK figures, where do you stand now and which one do you like better, as far as the figures themselves go?

nozzlewizard
10-12-2008, 12:58 PM
The new one makes the old suit look like a fan made Halloween job, its just too plain.

Dally
10-12-2008, 02:06 PM
New suit. It just kind of feels more like a ninja. And basically Batman is just a ninja.

jye4ever
10-12-2008, 04:07 PM
OC for me....New Suit has a cool thick chest but I still prefer the OC.

a-dev
10-12-2008, 04:31 PM
The new one makes the old suit look like a fan made Halloween job, its just too plain.

And I think the new one is just too detailed. The new cowl looks very goofy especially with Bales funny lip movements when he talks.

cerebus23
10-12-2008, 05:14 PM
And I think the new one is just too detailed. The new cowl looks very goofy especially with Bales funny lip movements when he talks.

ya i love the suit but that cowl, thats why i liked the 1st release shots of the tdk ht one when the mouth was not so small, but then the die hards hated it and wanted it more like the movie one. but if you look a the v1 pre release shots the mouth area was much wider and didnt make him look squish faced like in the joker interrogation scene.

santabatman
10-22-2008, 05:50 AM
I choose the Batman ( original costume ) cuse it has got a more batman look =D

darren1228
10-22-2008, 05:53 AM
I'm a sucker for details on my toys and the TDK suit is so much more detailed. But I agree that the original costume looked so much more intimidating.

vodoun
10-22-2008, 08:38 AM
There's no option for "I prefer both equally" _

C2-D2
10-22-2008, 04:48 PM
I really like TDK one, both look great but the color and deltas make him stand out as not just any batman.

thenammagazine
10-25-2008, 01:58 AM
While the original has it's nostalgic look, I'm gonna have to go with the TDK one. It's more "Batman." With the new suit, he's more agile, faster and can turn his freakin' head which is more in tune with the comic book Batman vs. the older suit where he's just a walking tank.

darren1228
10-25-2008, 04:30 AM
While the original has it's nostalgic look, I'm gonna have to go with the TDK one. It's more "Batman." With the new suit, he's more agile, faster and can turn his freakin' head which is more in tune with the comic book Batman vs. the older suit where he's just a walking tank.

For my wallet's sake I hope they keep the design for both the suit and the batmobile........highly unlikely I guess.

Buttmunch
10-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Oh, its a dead tie, somebody hurry and vote!

vodoun
10-25-2008, 11:11 AM
After seeing Maul's pics it's swung me to TDK suit. It's stellar. So futuristic!

The Legend
10-26-2008, 06:34 PM
I just loved the new suit.

thenammagazine
10-26-2008, 11:28 PM
For my wallet's sake I hope they keep the design for both the suit and the batmobile........highly unlikely I guess.

You mean for the next movie? I can't see them modifying the suit anymore than they already have. The box office has proved that tossing nipples on it, or painting it ....silver... is a big fail regardless of how "hot" Val Kilmer's ass looked in it... :yuck. Going with the blue/gray of the comic version isn't realistic and goes against everything they've established with the two movies. With the new mobility, light weight and quick assembly time for costume, it's virtually perfect. As for the Tumbler.......irreplaceable. He has a batmobile that even looks like his MASK! How cool was that?! :rotfl I think it's a neat little modernized throwback to the early Batmobile which had a grill that looked like Batman's mask.

a-dev
10-27-2008, 08:32 AM
I have a suspicion the new suit is getting its recent votes based on 'I just got my figure and it rules' enthusiasm. Enthusiasm which I expect to have sometime this week.

thenammagazine
10-27-2008, 12:05 PM
I have a suspicion the new suit is getting its recent votes based on 'I just got my figure and it rules' enthusiasm. Enthusiasm which I expect to have sometime this week.

Or maybe people just like it better? Don't drink the Hateorade bro. :rotfl

EVILFACE
10-27-2008, 12:11 PM
It's the new hotness factor.

IrishJedi
10-27-2008, 12:22 PM
The Original, every day and twice on Sunday.

thenammagazine
10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
The Original, every day and twice on Sunday.

I'd hate to see what your BB Batman looks like under UV light and forensic glasses. Polkadotted?! :rotfl

drbrad1975
10-27-2008, 06:10 PM
I like the original suit better because it looks much less chaotic. However, I am looking forward to finally getting mine from Toy2 after looking at so many nice pictures of the TDK suit.

Voorhees27
10-27-2008, 08:06 PM
It's the new hotness factor.

Agreed although after finally recieving it today (TDK) I still prefer the Original suit better. Both are amazing but i'm an "Original" type kinda guy.

Yodee
10-27-2008, 09:34 PM
I like teh original one.....there just something about it
but both are nice! =)

garzo
10-28-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm on the fence. There are things I like about both and some things I don't like on either. I like the original's intimidating look, as someone said on another board -- it's "iconic, gothic and sinister." It's more animal-like, and the back neck area on the long cowl looks incredibly tough. He's actually wearing a cowl. What I don't like about it are the cape clips, the overall rubbery look of the suit, the immobility. It recalls the suits of the previous movies.
The DK suit is more modern, practical, tactical. He can move a lot more freely and the figure is also more poseable. But I really think the DK suit will remain specific to this film. The DK suit and cowl construction really point to a motorcycle outfit, and that's what he uses it for in the film. The new cowl functions like a helmet and the new armor is obviously inspired by motocross gear.
In many ways, the differences in the two suits remind me of the differences in the Michael Keaton outfit, although a lot less extreme back then, between the first and second Burton movies. The second suit was more practical, more modern, more like armor and less gothic. Coincidentally, in Batman Returns, the batmobile is also destroyed and Batman, like in TDK, is able to escape by way of a kind of bat-pod that breaks away from the batmobile.

Nuka Cola Kidd
10-28-2008, 08:32 PM
the only thing i like about the TDK version is you can take his cape off, i wish you could take it off of the original.

TwoFace
10-29-2008, 10:46 AM
I like the new one, because it looks much more interesting than the BB one. Though I want to get both.

Morbach
10-29-2008, 12:39 PM
New suit all the way!

iron.jedi83
10-29-2008, 12:42 PM
i just got the new suit bats and its my fav hot toys figure so far...might change when i get bank robber joker though

The Tuggernaut
10-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I prefer the new one because it's design is better imo.

mr.thrifty
10-29-2008, 08:37 PM
just waiting on Joe for my new suit to arrive before I'll know for sure...:tap

but so far I'm leaning toward the latter.. :D

a-dev
11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
I see the new suit did overtake the original suit. I definitely would still vote Original even if I had waited to vote till after I had both figures. I prefer both the original suit in the films and the original suit figure. I'm sure some of the late voters did wait and fairly came to the decision to vote new suit but I also think some late voters did so based on 'its so exciting having this new figure'.

vodoun
11-16-2008, 08:33 PM
It sure is a tough one, I use to hate the short cape so much. Now I love it since I had seen Maul's pics and certain others.

Yet the original is so sleek. So hard to choose, I love both equally but it was the techno look that won it for me. The leg detail is really something on that mesh.

Agent23
11-16-2008, 09:55 PM
How many versions of Batman did Hot Toys do?

Is the original costume the same as the Batman Begins figure they did? Just re-released under TDK?

I'm new at this and am seriously considering getting into this line. I just wanna find out where to start and what is available....

thanks.

vodoun
11-16-2008, 10:24 PM
3. The original they released a few years ago: http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=23&pid=191

The one you want now is, the re-release with movie likeliness: http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=66&pid=369 A lot of refinements.

...and of course: http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=66&pid=376

Agent23
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
So, the re-release is the same as the original release with some changes?

vodoun
11-16-2008, 10:52 PM
No, you could say it's a completely new fig. Compare the pictures and see. The changes are huge. Plus most likely you wouldn't be able to get the first. Nor would you want to as it's not all that accurate. Compared to version 2 of Batman Begins.

A new face sculpt, softer cape. An overhaul on the suit. The previous didn't come with the Pneumatic Mangler or Bruce Wayne head.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photo/369DSC_2570_3x4.jpg

The new suit also comes with two Batarangs, 3 pairs of hands and a Mini Mine.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photo/369DSC_3060a_3x4.jpg

Agent23
11-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Ok, thank-you for clearing it up.

The old suit was tweaked and is better then the first one, basically?

And, then the TDK suit there is only one version?

:)

yongkykun
11-17-2008, 09:36 AM
there's an alleged second batch which is slightly better than the first batch. I think you can say that that is a second version in a way.

Captain Britain
11-17-2008, 10:09 AM
there's an alleged second batch which is slightly better than the first batch. I think you can say that that is a second version in a way.

What does this mean?

yongkykun
11-17-2008, 10:28 AM
It has smaller chest armor, better paint job, better head sculpt, etc.

But since I don't have one, I can't really tell whether it's just a rumor or it's a fact. But, judging from what I read in this forum, I must say that the differences are there however minute.

Jack Ups
11-17-2008, 10:47 AM
the sculpts are basically exactley the same, apart from the chest, which is not make a massive diffrence.
The paint app's may slight be didffrent but most cant even notice them.

Cap'n Cook
11-17-2008, 11:12 AM
It has smaller chest armor, better paint job, better head sculpt, etc.

But since I don't have one, I can't really tell whether it's just a rumor or it's a fact. But, judging from what I read in this forum, I must say that the differences are there however minute.

WTF?!! When was it established it had a better HEAD?!

yongkykun
11-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Um... just my observation mac...
Saw a side-by-side comparison photo down in the toy-world forum and I'd say that they're pretty much different though slightly.

Cap'n Cook
11-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Ah, I see.

Thought I should clarify: my exclamation and capitals were just showing my surprise and shock that I thought this was proved. Was not meant to sound aggressive. :)

Amir
11-17-2008, 12:41 PM
The Original looks sleeker in my opinion.

Captain Britain
11-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Um... just my observation mac...
Saw a side-by-side comparison photo down in the toy-world forum and I'd say that they're pretty much different though slightly.

Any chance of you posting a link?

yongkykun
11-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Yup, I agree that the Original looks better in many ways. Especially after I switched his belt with the Dark Knight version belt. It looks so much better!
Though I got it for $10 on ebay, I thought that it's quite expensive for a single belt, but after putting it on my OC figure, it looks a whole lot better. If you guys are not buying the Dark Knight version, I'd recommend at least buying its belt for your OC figure.

bumblebee
11-17-2008, 12:58 PM
New suit for me.

yongkykun
11-17-2008, 01:09 PM
@Captain Britain,
here they are:

Base body difference:
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/7065/5aos3.jpg

1st and 2nd batch difference (could be a hoax, but the writer said that he didn't do any custom work on either of them):
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/nelog/IMGP6031.jpg

BTW, the right one is the 1st batch and I just got word that it's been customized. The 2nd batch, which is the better one imo, is the one on the left.

PS: here's a link to a thread that reviews 2nd batch Batman DKC, they have nice pics in it too...
http://toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9304&extra=page%3D1&page=1

Captain Britain
11-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks! I'll have to pull mine out and see which one it is. It's pretty bulky, but I like that - it's almost stylised but very physically imposing.

Darkseed
11-17-2008, 05:30 PM
I have the orginal suit Batman, the new suit hasn't arrived yet. Absolutely love the orginal figure.

I have him by Superman (V1) and Batman's size (muscularity) puts the man o steel to shame :lol

RollingJ
11-19-2008, 01:36 PM
While I love them both, the TDK wins it for me. There's just so much beautiful detail on him. And I even like the short cape on him! If you tuck it under the shoulder pads it looks sleek and streamlined, like the TDK batman should look.

LChinoz
11-19-2008, 01:45 PM
I love the thick panther neck and smoothness of the original, so I must go with that. TDK suit is very nice though!

x-Mcfreak
11-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Tough call. I love the menacing look of the BB, but also like the flexibility of the DK suit.

mpchi
11-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Design wise, I love the Begins suit more. But when it comes to the HT execution on the toys, TDK wins. Aside from the slightly bulkiness, it captures a lot more detail, very subtle shades of paint on all parts of the rubber suit (so don't rub the surface too hard, or the paint will get damage). Improved rubber material and ankle joints. Better Bale headsculpt too.

So TDK wins, as a toy.

j.galt
11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
I love them both... but TDK can move the neck... very important point if you fight crime :P

karamazov80
11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't have either of these, and am only getting one, but damn am I conflicted! Like others have said, I like the sleek, more iconic look of "Begins" Batman, but I want him to be posed with Mr. J, and the extra poses that I can get without the restricted head are something that I'm factoring in. . .I just don't know what to do!!!
:google

mr.thrifty
11-23-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't have either of these, and am only getting one, but damn am I conflicted! Like others have said, I like the sleek, more iconic look of "Begins" Batman, but I want him to be posed with Mr. J, and the extra poses that I can get without the restricted head are something that I'm factoring in. . .I just don't know what to do!!!
:google

mow some lawns...wash some cars...get em both..:cool:

The Craw
11-23-2008, 11:51 PM
yes. get em both.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd51/jonsellner/IMG_0256.jpg

Devil_666
11-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Movie wise I like the TDK suit. But with the 1/6 scale HT figures I think the BB suit looks way better.

Darth_Fatso
11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally I liked the more iconic looking BB suit but the TDK one has been growing on me so I have to go with the TDK suit. I still hope to buy them both. I wonder how much my soul is worth :angelsmil:devil?

Devil_666
11-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Let's talk. :D