Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

• Total voters

WetaWork

Super Freak
Reaction score
If you could only choose one, which one and why?

369DSC_2600b_3x4.jpg
376DSC_4664a_3x4b.jpg

I prefer the original suit. First, I like the larger Bat logo on the chest and second, I just think the new suit has too much going on.

original. The TDK suit looks way too busy IMO. Its okay on screen since its mostly dark and you dont really see all the details all the time, but as a toy, it looks too much.

Even in the movie DK, he seemed more massive and intimidating in the one scene where he was in the original suit. THAT felt more like Batman to me. He never had the same screen presence afterwards. Just my op.

I kind of cheated with my pick because I already own other versions of the Batman Begins figure so I went with The Dark Knight suit.

If I didn't own any Batman figures and it was a what suit do I prefer it would be the Begins figure.

I kind of cheated with my pick because I already own other versions of the Batman Begins figure so I went with The Dark Knight suit.

If I didn't own any Batman figures and it was a what suit do I prefer it would be the Begins figure.

Thats exactly how I voted, I picked TDK because there have already been BB versions. Very tough choice still nonetheless.

I'm going with the new suit... I really love the way it looked on camera.

That being said, the HT original suit figure is just about perfect... such a good representation.

The DK suit looks to be improving so I cannot wait to see what finally comes out. Hopefully we don't have to wait for a "Hong Kong Mission Dark Knight' type-figure to get a perfect DK but we might have to wait.

Enough rambling... I'm getting both but if I had to pick one I would gamble and go for the new costume.

Even in the movie DK, he seemed more massive and intimidating in the one scene where he was in the original suit. THAT felt more like Batman to me. He never had the same screen presence afterwards. Just my op.

Even though I will be getting TDK suit to go with my HT BB new suit ver, I picked BB purely for the reson Les posted. Couldn't agree more.

The original for me as well. It's appearance is Batman to me. While the new TDK suit is neat, IMO, it doesn't hold a candle to the Begins suit.

I prefer the look of the original... 1) because that's more identifiable as Batman since it was in the first movie and 2) I think the TDK while fine on screen, is too busy.

I prefer the Begins suit. When I first saw TDK suit I liked the idea of the armor, but overall I'm going to agree with Les on this, he looked more intimidating in the Begins suit.

I think that was probably the point...dont forget he asked for the suit to be re-designed to make him lighter and more manoeuvrable.
Totally agree though, he looked bigger in the first suit. I'm hoping for an overhaul for number three to go with the new Batmobile, Cave etc:wacky

Back