PDA

View Full Version : RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200]

Harley_Quinn_
04-18-2019, 01:21 PM
Black Panther 10/10

Still my favorite to date of the MCU. :clap

xipotec
04-18-2019, 02:33 PM
GreenBook 7/10
Rewatchability5/10

Funny and thought provoking at times, but felt a little thin, like there should have been more to it.

Very very watchable,-and Viggo was incredible.

But something was lacking....especially for an Oscar film.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Blade3327
04-18-2019, 04:29 PM
Shazam! - 7/10

Fun movie and DC's overall best since the Dark Knight trilogy, but the villain here was very poorly written. Then again, I don't think anyone's seeing it for the conflict.

karamazov80
04-19-2019, 10:23 AM
Deathgasm: 7/10

Very well executed for what it is, though it's not exactly my cup of tea. Effects were outstanding. And very creative.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Prince_Planet
04-19-2019, 07:25 PM
Justice League: Gods And Monsters - 2015

It was excellent. You think things are headed in a certain direction,
and then everything turns around. Great story and scripting.
I recommend this - if you haven't seen it already.

Prince_Planet
04-20-2019, 08:38 AM
Equalizer 2

It was pretty good. Not as bad as some reviewers have said,
but definitely not the best movie I've ever seen.

Prince_Planet
04-20-2019, 12:45 PM
Crazy Rich Asians

I liked it.. it was very good.

Very fine romantic movie.

EXOTICLEX
04-20-2019, 02:13 PM
Mama Mia 2 - 6/10 They went the sappy route and at first it was just way too stupid but it made sense in the end. Young Donna was actually pretty good. Not a bad sequel.

Dagashi Something
04-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Us - despite/10

screamingmetal
04-21-2019, 04:40 PM
Transformers Bumblebee- 5 out of 10:
Great performance from Hailee Steinfeld and some of the best looking movie Transformer designs, fantastic opening, action was decent thereafter and I liked the story surrounding Charlie, but anything with the army guys and especially John Cena's performance was f'n terrible. John Cena should be banned from acting in anything again.

Glass- 7 out of 10:
Not at all where I wanted a sequel to Unbreakable to go, I liked making Split part of the same world but I wanted more of David Dunn being an active hero with more of an expansion to his story. The beginning was decent, the middle within the insane asylum dragged and was a bit boring if it wasn't for McAavoy's Horde, the ending picked up a bit and was good, but the action kinda sucked and the ending felt unfulfilled. All the actors however gave great performances, especially McAvoy. I'd recommend avoiding the Special features if you don't like to hear people blow smoke up Shyamalan's ass.

12 Strong- 6 out of 10:
A well made War movie with good performances. The story and action was good, lacks some intensity though and there's not much done with the characters. Not the best War movie I've seen but still a good movie.

Prince_Planet
04-21-2019, 05:32 PM
Star Trek: Voyager - "One"

It was very good.. a nice showcase for Seven of Nine,
as she is the only crew member (besides the holographic Doctor)
who has not had to be put in stasis to travel through a nebula.
Borg - and even ex - Borg.. don't do very well alone.

karamazov80
04-21-2019, 10:14 PM
The Changeling: 7/10

Extremely well made, great performance by George C Scott, and very creepy. This was supposedly a major influence on Guillermo del Toro.

But the ending was weird and not too satisfying. Not sure why everything that happened earlier was necessary for the ultimate resolution.

a-dev
04-21-2019, 10:18 PM
Star Trek: Voyager - "One"

It was very good.. a nice showcase for Seven of Nine,
as she is the only crew member (besides the holographic Doctor)
who has not had to be put in stasis to travel through a nebula.
Borg - and even ex - Borg.. don't do very well alone.

Oh yeah I vaguely remember that. Long time since I watched Voyager.

Lejuan
04-22-2019, 01:25 AM
The Changeling: 7/10

Extremely well made, great performance by George C Scott, and very creepy. This was supposedly a major influence on Guillermo del Toro.

But the ending was weird and not too satisfying. Not sure why everything that happened earlier was necessary for the ultimate resolution.

One of the truly forgettable movies I've ever seen. I can't remember much about it except that it looked nice and the ending was unsatisfying.

karamazov80
04-22-2019, 05:16 AM
I can see that. The pacing was slow and the story was unnecessarily convoluted at points. Plus, it was made in that weird transition period between the 70s and 80s so that it doesn't have a style connecting it to one era or the other. But it was really well made for what it was, which separates it from the cheaply made, by the numbers slasher horror movies that were common at the time. And it had its moments, though they started to lose their impact near the end of the film.

Cocoboloboy
04-22-2019, 10:07 AM
Captain Marvel - 4/10

Replaces IM3 as my least liked in the series. Hated how Fury was written :mad: and

how he lost his eye...jeez. Also, the use of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the movie was a nono according to what Coulson said in IM2.

Larson did a fine job though. I have no problem with how she handled the character.

The award for worst action scene music choice goes to this movie too with the use of No Doubt’s little diddy.

Khev
04-22-2019, 10:22 AM
Yeah No Doubt is okay as a band but their inclusion during the final action sequence was just bizarre and even a bit embarrassing. I might be able to see it working for Harley Quinn or something but not CM. And I'm just going to assume that this Fury was a Skrull because his TWS line "the last time I trusted someone I lost an eye" just doesn't gel with this flick at all IMO.

a-dev
04-22-2019, 10:36 AM
They pulled a Whedonesque humorous subversion there. I don't like it.

And what the ****, seemed like it was no biggie at all to him. There was a jovial dinner scene right after that if I recall. Pretty sure I'd be wanting to get that eye looked at immediately.

Cocoboloboy
04-22-2019, 10:42 AM
Yeah No Doubt is okay as a band but their inclusion during the final action sequence was just bizarre and even a bit embarrassing. I might be able to see it working for Harley Quinn or something but not CM. And I'm just going to assume that this Fury was a Skrull because his TWS line "the last time I trusted someone I lost an eye" just doesn't gel with this flick at all IMO.

It just didn’t fit at all. I’ve seen action sequences with quirky songs used that really added to the scene but this was just distracting and, like you said, bizarre.

I forgot about that line in TWS. I’d like to forget about a lot in Captain Marvel too.

karamazov80
04-22-2019, 12:41 PM
The choice of song was a little on the nose, but. . .I was a pretty early fan of No Doubt, buying their album right after seeing that song for the first time on 120 Minutes. It was an important part of the soundtrack of my youth, and from that POV, I liked hearing it there. But I would have been just a happy with Smashing Pumpkins or Bad Religion (won't hear that in a Disney movie for 100 years :lol ) or something.

Khev
04-22-2019, 12:58 PM
The choice of song was a little on the nose, but. . .I was a pretty early fan of No Doubt, buying their album right after seeing that song for the first time on 120 Minutes. It was an important part of the soundtrack of my youth, and from that POV, I liked hearing it there. But I would have been just a happy with Smashing Pumpkins or Bad Religion (won't hear that in a Disney movie for 100 years :lol ) or something.

Well Brie definitely wouldn't ever disarm someone with a smile so maybe all they were left with was just a girl, lol. Maybe next movie she can punch bad guys to the tune of What's Up by 4 Non-blondes which if I remember correctly was a big favorite of yours...

rushmore223
04-22-2019, 01:09 PM
Well Brie definitely wouldn't ever disarm someone with a smile so maybe all they were left with was just a girl, lol. Maybe next movie she can punch bad guys to the tune of What's Up by 4 Non-blondes which if I remember correctly was a big favorite of yours...[emoji38]

Thanks for bringing that song up, now I've got 4 Non Blondes lousy song stuck in my head.

I'll return the favor....

Crash Test Dummies : Mmmmm Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmmm.

Once there was this girl who...

I do agree, the song didn't fit in that kind of scene. I get the message, but it didn't work in a fight scene.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Khev
04-22-2019, 01:17 PM
:lol :lol

The CM directors were just hired on to direct the next Superman DCEU flick where he saves the world from Solomon Grundy but then is mad that he doesn't make any money from it.

xipotec
04-22-2019, 02:02 PM

I can tell you BOTH the female of my household though that song was perfect , and loved hearing it....

karamazov80
04-22-2019, 02:23 PM
Well Brie definitely wouldn't ever disarm someone with a smile so maybe all they were left with was just a girl, lol. Maybe next movie she can punch bad guys to the tune of What's Up by 4 Non-blondes which if I remember correctly was a big favorite of yours...That big hat with the nose rings...the 90s sucked in so many ways.

Lejuan
04-23-2019, 05:11 AM
I can see that. The pacing was slow and the story was unnecessarily convoluted at points. Plus, it was made in that weird transition period between the 70s and 80s so that it doesn't have a style connecting it to one era or the other. But it was really well made for what it was, which separates it from the cheaply made, by the numbers slasher horror movies that were common at the time. And it had its moments, though they started to lose their impact near the end of the film.

:lol Same name, different film. I was wondering how George C Scott managed to pop up in a 2008 Angelina Jolie-led Clint Eastwood movie.

karamazov80
04-23-2019, 05:45 AM
LOL I'm so out of touch, I'm almost as clueless with modern movies as I am with modern music. The one I saw is no Shining or Texas Chainsaw Massacre, though.

screamingmetal
04-23-2019, 06:48 PM
I decided to sit down and watch Hereditary after seeing that weird looking person in Jye's signature for the past year. Not knowing anything about it, I thought it'd be some kind of "The Hills have Eyes" inbred cannibal type movie, to my shock that thing in Jye's avatar is a little girl! And she's not even wearing SFX makeup! :horror

Hereditary- 9 out of 10: Highly suspenseful, disturbing and frightening sums it up right. It starts off as a tragic drama, then a ghost story, but it's not that in the end. It's expertly shot and edited with convincing special effects, and fantastic performances by the cast, especially Toni Collette and Alex Wolff. Be warned that it's more graphic than I thought it would be. The filmmakers know how to make a great horror movie; no boo editing, just long and suspensive shots with creepy stuff happening in the background. It ends on a dour note so not a very good feeling afterwards.

So wanting to wash that unpleasantness out of my brain, I watched Annihilation for some Sci-Fi.

Annihilation- 6 out of 10. Interesting but forgetful. Based only on what little I saw in trailers this was not the kind of movie I was expecting, it's a somewhat creepy body horror Sci-Fi that at times can be a little gory with a good idea for an alien encounter that we haven't seen much of, but left me a bit unsatisfied. The move is shot and edited well enough and the performances by Portman and Isaac were really good, but I didn't like the other actors much. Good to see Jennifer Jason Leigh again, too bad I didn't care for her performance either. There's some good special effects but I don't think they went far enough, I would've liked the stuff in the Shimmer to be more disturbing and alien.

I went out like a light shortly thereafter, good news is I didn't have nightmares after watching these. :lol

These are both available to watch on Amazon Prime at the moment.

Prince_Planet
04-24-2019, 01:22 PM
The Day The Earth Stood Still - 1951

Just finished watching this a few minutes ago.
Fantastic movie.. one of my very favorites!

Sweet Rabbit
04-27-2019, 12:55 PM
Endgame - 9/10

xipotec
04-27-2019, 02:44 PM
Endgame - 9/10

https://i.giphy.com/media/26CalmkpfFU3io3yU/giphy.gif

ebor
04-28-2019, 07:37 AM
Endgame 9/10 but Realy wanted ...

Spider-Man to stay dead

Khev
04-28-2019, 07:54 AM
Good thing you guys aren't grading on the SNIKT scale. All those 9/10's for Endgame would mean it was literally the worst movie ever, lol.

rmac68
04-28-2019, 08:02 AM
Endgame-8/10 the middle bored the hell out of me the ending blew me away ...infinty war was better as a whole maybe it will grow on me

Glass-2/10 boring isn't even the word I'm looking for turned it off half way through and had no desire to finish it

Bo Shrek
04-28-2019, 12:11 PM
Endgame-8/10 the middle bored the hell out of me the ending blew me away ...infinty war was better as a whole maybe it will grow on me

Glass-2/10 boring isn't even the word I'm looking for turned it off half way through and had no desire to finish it

Should have been called “The Horde” and labeled as the Split sequel in the Unbreakable universe.

Blade3327
04-28-2019, 08:04 PM
Avengers: Infinity War - 6.5/10

I can see why people are so impressed with the way it merges eleven years worth of characters together, but it just doesn't do much for me. Thanos comes across as a basic villain to me. The whole "kill millions for the greater good" thing has been done so many times, particularly in the last few years. Just because he gets an entire movie to brood over his decisions, doesn't make them (or him) any more interesting.

Avengers: Endgame - 8/10

Now I'm impressed. It's not perfect (add another year to my superhero movie fatigue since Infinity War, plus I still think Thanos is a boring villain), but the fact that

Marvel Studios were able to tie a neat bow around nearly every storyline and motif from the last twelve years is worthy of recognition. The film is both a powerful climax and greatest hits retrospective all in one.

A satisfying payoff to a journey I still can't believe lasted this long. I'll be more selective with which entries I see after this. Looking forward to watching smaller movies with more relatable stakes without the impulse of completism.

Winter Soldier remains my favorite entry in the MCU, if that says anything.

Prince_Planet
04-29-2019, 06:54 PM
Avengers - Endgame

Well done!

There was some humor, some sad, and several nods to past MCU movies.
Splendid ending to a story building up for over a decade.

a-dev
04-29-2019, 10:59 PM
Avengers Endgame - I'll go 8/10 at the moment. Might go higher on future viewings or on the other hand it might drop, I don't know. I feel strange about this one as the hours have passed. I certainly enjoyed it while I was watching - my ****ing legs were shaking uncontrollably during the final battle from the tension.

I was fully expecting Captain America to die - not before wielding Thor's hammer - but I thought he was a dead man for sure regardless. Very surprised it ended up being Iron Man given his 'almost death' in Infinity War.

Also pretty surprised at Black Widow's demise, I knew nothing of that and wouldn't have predicted it.

Professor Hulk and Fat Thor....I laughed when they wanted me to laugh, I did....and yet I have misgivings about those. I think we all kinda want traditional Hulk rage hero moments and this film had....none at all to my recollection. I assumed Hulk's lack of appearance in the Wakanda battle was because they were saving him for something special in this film and I'm afraid Professor Hulk didn't really cut it. And Thor...again, yes I do laugh along - as I did in Ragnorok...but I also can't help but be very aware that the character didn't start out like this and I feel like it is such a shift that it should be noticeable to the other characters in the films. If new jokey Thor was acknowledged within the movies I might find it more acceptable but right now it's registering as an inconsistency to me. And I really would have had the hammer restoring him to his peak appearance - I thought it was a bit silly seeing beer-gut Thor fighting against Thanos.

Cap's ending was bittersweet. I was glad they didn't kill him but his decision to essentially retire and what he did with that retirement raises questions which I'm not sure they'll ever address.

I loved the Back to the Future II part of the film, particularly the New York stuff. The Thor 2 segment was funny but again, they were lucky to retain any pathos at all with the jokey/clown version of Thor they're running with now. The stuff with his late mother was good and yet possibly could have been even better if they'd taken those scenes a bit more seriously :dunno

What else....oh, is this the first MCU movie to kinda sorta recognize one of the TV shows by including the Jarvis actor from Agent Carter as Howard Stark's chauffeur?

That is all for now

Khev
04-30-2019, 07:13 AM
Glad you finally saw it a-dev! Did you avoid most big spoilers?

a-dev
04-30-2019, 07:43 AM
Yep, I knew nothing beyond what was in the trailers or the ''Lets go get the bastard'' scene they released. Anything they deliberately put out for us to watch I watched. It's normally safe to do that. Terminator Genisys was an exception.

Khev
04-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Yep, I knew nothing beyond what was in the trailers or the ''Lets go get the bastard'' scene they released. Anything they deliberately put out for us to watch I watched. It's normally safe to do that. Terminator Genisys was an exception.

Sweet. Yeah when I went back after seeing the movie and watched the trailers I had avoided I was surprised to see that they really didn't give anything away at all.

Prince_Planet
04-30-2019, 09:29 AM
I had one thing spoiled for me on another site.. read it
before I knew what it was.. but it was actually something I was expecting,
so no real harm there....a few things did take me totally by surprise...

No spoilers... but, wow, it was an epic movie...the ending really was awesome..

I'm glad I saw the movie before anything else could have been spoiled for me..
I saw it last night.. Monday the 29TH... In a way it's a letdown...all the years
of build up are over.... I felt the same way after seeing the final Harry Potter
movie in Summer 2011...but what a ride!

Darkseed
04-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Endgame 9/10 - it wasn’t perfect however it felt both like an event than mere movie and more importantly a conclusion. 11 yrs in the making and I wasn’t disappointed...over that time frame for most building towards this moment was cool.

jstep13
05-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Endgame 6/10 Boring af. Almost fell asleep.

Blade3327
05-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Endgame 6/10 Boring af. Almost fell asleep.

https://media.giphy.com/media/TQbCSC7hZj2cU/200.gif

Lejuan
05-04-2019, 04:46 AM
Endgame

On its own merits a decent popcorn movie/10; as a capstone to one of the great franchises in cinema history, a beautifully balanced and lovingly produced finale/10

bboy
05-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Batman 89 9/10
While everyone’s seeing avengers for the 3rd time I finally got a chance to see one of my favorite movies on the big screen. It was amazing ! Looked great and I look forward to seeing the rest of the movies in theaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prince_Planet
05-05-2019, 08:59 PM
The Hollow Man

A modern take on "The Invisible Man."

It was good.

Avengers: Infinity war

Went back to see if it views well as a stand alone film since Endgame is out:
It does.

xipotec
05-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Sometimes its good to be wrong

Spiderman : Into the Spiderverse 8/10
Rewatchability 7/10

I was early on the train of not wanting to see this due to the choppy animation style and the new take on Peter.

Boy was I wrong. It did take me about 15 minutes to adjust to the style and another 15 minutes to be blown away by the creative animations.

The story was heart warming and funny, albeit predictable in a few spots.

I could have done without the Pig, but I understand the reference....

Very well done story.

Cocoboloboy
05-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Batman 89 9/10
While everyone’s seeing avengers for the 3rd time I finally got a chance to see one of my favorite movies on the big screen. It was amazing ! Looked great and I look forward to seeing the rest of the movies in theaters.

Totally got blindsided with this being in the theater in May. I was expecting it to be in June when the movie originally came out so I missed it. :gah: I really wanted to see it on the big screen again since the last time was 30 years ago opening day. Hopefully somebody will rerun it next month.

bboy
05-07-2019, 10:52 AM
Batman returns 9/10

Another one in the theater ! Absolutely loved it, gorgeous mysterious creepy sexy. The theater was well packed and they all reacted like it was the first time seeing it. Very engaging. It’s like I stepped in a time machine and watched it opening weekend in 92!

Prince_Planet
05-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Batman Beyond: Bloodsport
This is a very good episode from the second season.

Prince_Planet
05-07-2019, 03:10 PM
Batman returns 9/10

Another one in the theater ! Absolutely loved it, gorgeous mysterious creepy sexy. The theater was well packed and they all reacted like it was the first time seeing it. Very engaging. It’s like I stepped in a time machine and watched it opening weekend in 92!

I like this movie, too.
Micheal Keaton's Batman was very good.

Prince_Planet
05-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman

"The Green, Green Glow Of Home."

Excellent episode. Clark's first exposure to Kryptonite.

murdomac
05-12-2019, 06:02 AM
Snowpiercer 1/10

Great cast, rubbish move just looked like an "Evans trying to cash in before vanishing into obscurity without the MCU" movie, I did try to like it but it was just low grade nonsense with a good dose of bad/over acting

Blade3327
05-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Snowpiercer 1/10

Great cast, rubbish move just looked like an "Evans trying to cash in before vanishing into obscurity without the MCU" movie, I did try to like it but it was just low grade nonsense with a good dose of bad/over acting

Amazing how polarizing this movie is.

The Clown Prince of Crime
05-12-2019, 07:55 PM
Aquaman 4 Booms!/10 - Why is it that every time someone is giving a speech...BOOOM!...there's a huge explosion? :lol

Prince_Planet
05-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Donnie Darko

Amazing movie...

I get something different from it with each viewing...

highlander1
05-15-2019, 10:13 AM
Brightburn. Superman rip off! Great crazy special effects and crappy acting. Sorry ever since watched barry hbo funny comedy made me see how bad some actors are now. Ha ha... Batman and tmnt fun mashup movie. Just bit too cartoony for me still fun tho.

JAWS
05-17-2019, 08:28 PM
Batman returns 9/10

I always liked this one.. Wish the ending was a bit more focused. But the best of the 80's / 90's Batman movies IMO.

JAWS
05-17-2019, 08:29 PM
John Wick Capter 3 - 8.5 out of 10 - Short on plot, HIGH on kick ass action.. Just what the Dr. Ordered for me tonight.

marvinmyles
05-17-2019, 09:39 PM
JW3 7/10 ..of course more bodies than you can count.Fun set up for JW4.

Blade3327
05-19-2019, 07:03 PM
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum - 5/10

Loved the first two. This was just pointless.

Prince_Planet
05-19-2019, 08:33 PM
Die Hard
Die Hard Two
Die Hard With A Vengeance

I like all three movies a lot but I like the first one best.

Ropen
05-30-2019, 07:58 PM
The freaking king of monsters movie we deserved holy freaking ****!!!! 9/10!!!!! GODZILLA WENT FULL ATOMIC FUUUU

karamazov80
05-30-2019, 08:35 PM
Wolfguy-Enraged Lycanthrope: 6/10
Bat**** crazy movie. Has its moments, but weird as hell.

Demon Wind: 4/10
Mediocre!

House of the Devil: 8/10
Ending, while good, wasn't quite as climactic and fulfilling as I was hoping, but this movie ratcheted up the tension like few others I've seen. Impressive movie.

WolfCop: 5/10
Not my thing, but I can see why others might really dig it.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
As a well-executed piece of film art: 9.5/10
As something that is meant to provide escape from real life and give the viewer pleasure: 1/10
One of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. I've seen it a few times now, and one scene in particular never gets easier to watch. Damn. Makes it tough to laugh at Yondu.

A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night: 7/10
Stylistically very well done, and the narrative is fairly logical, which isn't always the case with art-horror movies. But not as great as it pretends to be.

06-01-2019, 01:10 PM
John Wick 3 - 8.5/10

John Wick 2 - 8.5/10

John Wick - 8/10

Love the series.

karamazov80
06-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Deadwood the movie: 9/10

Amazing how well they were able to wrap everything up so tidily. Somehow game of thrones couldn't do this in 10 hours or whatever. A wonderful coda.

Lejuan
06-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Deadwood the movie: 9/10

Amazing how well they were able to wrap everything up so tidily. Somehow game of thrones couldn't do this in 10 hours or whatever. A wonderful coda.

It's been so long I've forgotten most of what happened. Good to hear that the movie provides a nice capstone though, gives me a reason to go back and watch at least the 3rd season.

karamazov80
06-02-2019, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I was concerned that I might not remember everything. I wanted to rewatch the whole series first, but my HBO service ends tomorrow (I kept it until then just for Deadwood), so I didn't have any time for that. There's a quick, 3 minute or so video on Youtube I saw after that does a decent job of summing up the big events. But a surprising amount of it came back to me anyway. And, there are well used flashbacks and exposition in the movie that flesh things out.

Lejuan
06-03-2019, 04:45 AM
So cool. I want to watch it straight away, but I kinda want to savour it too by rewatching season 3. I rewatched season 1 about a year ago and it was still as rich and textured as I remembered it.

EXOTICLEX
06-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Bad Times at the El Royale 7/10 Not bad. Had some good twist in it I didn't see coming but all in all it was a decent flick.

EXOTICLEX
06-03-2019, 09:29 PM
Halloween 2018 5/10

Some decent scenes with Michael and pretty neat twist on what Old Man Michael would look like and do.

Some of the twists were just too far fetched though.

a-dev
06-03-2019, 09:52 PM
Booksmart - 8/10

Pretty good. Kind of a 'Superbad' type film but from the female perspective. I was surprised to see it was directed by the actress Olivia Wilde.

EXOTICLEX
06-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Aladdin 2019 7/10

Will Smith was very good on his version of the genie. Loved the actress who played Jasmine. She nailed it. Aladdin was good as well but lacked that charm from the animated film. Wish they would have done a few things from the animated version but all in all it was pretty good.

karamazov80
06-09-2019, 09:19 PM
The Stuff: 5.5/10

Very weird movie. Didn't make a lot of sense.
Bad Times at the El Royale 7/10 Not bad. Had some good twist in it I didn't see coming but all in all it was a decent flick.I would give it a similar kind of score. I enjoyed it. But pretty forgettable.

Chakor
06-13-2019, 06:53 PM
Men in Black: International - 4/10

Some decent ideas here and there, but very basic and predictable plot that is more or less identical to the previous three movies. Dialogue was atrocious and it had your usual bad acting from Hemsworth whenever he plays himself. Tessa Thompson's character was probably the best part.

karamazov80
06-13-2019, 09:17 PM
Blood harvest: 1/10

marvinmyles
06-13-2019, 10:18 PM
ROCKETMAN 4/10 didn't realize it was a dialog sing along.And not to even mention Nigel Olsson or Dee Murray is a Travesty.When I saw them at the Filmore is SF it was just the Trio.. Piano,Drums and Bass and they were awesome.

Darkseed
06-15-2019, 08:07 PM
A Star is Born (Cooper / Gaga) 7/10 - standard chick flick,it's the chemistry between Cooper and Gaga that makes this watchable. Christ I'm rooting for them...

Deadwood: The Movie 6/10 One can never hear the word **** sucker too many times in a western....

My Diner with Herve 5/10 - Horny lil bugger....

06-15-2019, 08:29 PM
The Mule - 7/10 - I'd give it an 8, but shirtless 90 year old Eastwood lowers the score to a 7. :lol

Prince_Planet
06-26-2019, 09:30 PM
Ghostbusters 2
Haven't seen this one in years.
It's good, not as good as the first one, but good enough.

Sweet Rabbit
06-27-2019, 11:23 AM
Power Rangers - 1/10

KeatAlex
06-27-2019, 03:19 PM
Mulan (2020) 5/10

rushmore223
06-28-2019, 02:35 PM
Mulan (2020) 5/10Mastered time travel?

Star-Crunch
06-28-2019, 07:59 PM
Toy Story 4: 7.5/10

KeatAlex
06-29-2019, 12:27 AM
Mastered time travel?

Test screening

uscmhicks
06-29-2019, 09:02 AM
Mulan (2020) 5/10This is the live action right? Shame it sucked. Lets hope the audience react negatively overall if it was slacking.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cocoboloboy
07-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Spider-Man FFH - 4/10

Cocoboloboy
07-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 2/10

Sigh. Why do I put myself thru these things?

Viking Spawn
07-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Aladdin 2019 8/10

Very entertaining remake/live action/reboot - whatever. Will Smith was great! :clap

07-13-2019, 10:34 PM
You Were Never Really Here - 6/10 - A very artsy film starring Juaquin Phoenix. Slow pace that makes the 90 minute running time feel like two hours. It's a mixture of Taxi Driver, The Professional and Drive, but nowhere near as good as those films.

KeatAlex
07-15-2019, 10:06 AM
A Simple Favor

7/10

snoop101
07-17-2019, 08:01 AM
A Simple Favor

7/10

Who is that in your sig? lmfao

KeatAlex
07-17-2019, 01:26 PM
Who is that in your sig? lmfao

It's a Starlord V1 Hot Toy that I made into HarleyQuinn :rotfl

Prince_Planet
07-25-2019, 06:47 AM
Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes Of Grindelwald

I liked it a lot! Many have complained online of how they couldn't follow the
story, how there was too much happening at once...but all one needs to do is pay
attention, and listen to what the characters are saying to each other, and view
it multiple times to hear everything.

Plenty of action here, and the characters fill you in on what's going on by
communicating with each other. Yes, there's some unanswered questions,
but one should assume they're going to be answered in future installments.

Ropen
07-26-2019, 02:47 PM
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 9/10

An amazing love letter to Angelinos from that time period, although not Tarantino’s best work, as a standalone movie it holds its own weight, the storytelling is different but completely mind melting, zero wokeness, it feels good to watch a movie without an agenda being pushed other than good storytelling.

Of course a main chunk of the movie focuses on behind the scenes interactions with the Manson cult but with a Tarantino Twist and the twist behind rick daltons movie career come at you in an intense sequence of events that unroll at the third act, kind of wish this movie never ended.

This is what happens when A director is given full helm with the final cut, editing and creative control of the movie, Im glad Tarantino managed to pull this movie in this day and age and i am glad Sony allowed it more than anything, you can clearly tell that the end of day is a masterpiece on its merit.

I don’t like comparing this movie to his previous work but man it was refreshing to finally see something other than a sequel, remake or rehash in a theater, the beauty of it all, i watched in 35mm!!!

screamingmetal
07-27-2019, 07:36 PM
Hellboy (2019) - 3 out of 10 This was bad, Over packed with enough story for two movies, I hated the forced swearing, the new Prof. Bloom was awful, the new Hellboy acting like a bratty teenager in spite of him being 75 yo, the editing was choppy, the flashbacks were misplaced, and Jovavich gave a bad performance. The Hellboy makeup also looked bad at times, specifically his body suit. This is a really bad comedy with some gory horror.
I did like the Giant fight and the creature makeup looked amazing especially the demons coming out of hell, but that's it.

Shazam! - 9 out of 10 This was great! Loved the story, the kid actors were great, Zachary Levi was perfect as Captain Marvel, Mark Strong was creepy and menacing as Dr. Sivana, the directing, editing, and special effects were all done well. It was also funny at times. Just a perfectly told Superhero movie!
Better than Aquaman, maybe even better than Wonder Woman.
I hope they give us a few more Shazam sequels at this caliber.

a-dev
07-29-2019, 09:24 PM
Juliet, Naked - 8/10

Went into this blind, not even knowing what genre it was or who was in it. Sort of a rom-com/drama - as a single man I normally avoid Rom-coms if I can help it, I think they're better watched when you're with someone. But watch it I did and I thought it was a nice little film. By the end even I was hoping for the cliched rom-com ending...which...I think happened? Maybe? It sorta leaves it up in the air.

Anyway it's Rose Byrne, Chris O Dowd and Ethan Hawke (who is looking more and more like Nick Nolte as he gets older but particularly in this film).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5607096/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Lejuan
07-30-2019, 05:27 AM
Juliet, Naked - 8/10

Went into this blind, not even knowing what genre it was or who was in it. Sort of a rom-com/drama - as a single man I normally avoid Rom-coms if I can help it, I think they're better watched when you're with someone. But watch it I did and I thought it was a nice little film. By the end even I was hoping for the cliched rom-com ending...which...I think happened? Maybe? It sorta leaves it up in the air.

Anyway it's Rose Byrne, Chris O Dowd and Ethan Hawke (who is looking more and more like Nick Nolte as he gets older but particularly in this film).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5607096/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

The idea that anyone could possibly tire of Rose Byrne defies belief. Still, he was a complete wanker so...

a-dev
07-30-2019, 07:51 AM
The idea that anyone could possibly tire of Rose Byrne defies belief. Still, he was a complete wanker so...

As an obsessive toy collector and forum poster I kind of identified with him in a way - but also recognized him as a bit of an eejit. I hope I've never sounded like him on here. :monkey3 :lol

Star-Crunch
07-30-2019, 09:02 AM
Iron Man 3

Been a couple years, but I really enjoyed it this time. I like the twist more and more each time :lol
And honestly, other than that, unless you just aren’t an MCU fan, I see no reason to hate this movie.

jstep13
07-30-2019, 09:05 AM
OUATIH 8.5/10: Excellent movie

KeatAlex
07-30-2019, 03:35 PM
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood - 3.5/10

Super slow, the ending is the only thing worth a repeat viewing for me.

Lejuan
07-31-2019, 02:42 AM
As an obsessive toy collector and forum poster I kind of identified with him in a way - but also recognized him as a bit of an eejit. I hope I've never sounded like him on here. :monkey3 :lol

Have you ever declined an evening with a smoking hottie because you had to email Howard Chan begging him for a T2 Tim figure?

a-dev
07-31-2019, 09:14 AM
:lol No. So I'm alright then?

Lejuan
07-31-2019, 02:12 PM
https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/terminator-2-thumbs-up-gif-11.gif

murdomac
08-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Alita: Battle Angel 5/10 A bit over-hyped I guess, didn't 'end' which is always annoying, I'd be in no hurry to watch it again just a bit mediocre.

Prince_Planet
08-04-2019, 12:32 PM
The Favourite - 2018

Boring as *^%#!
Best part of the movie was set design and the costumes.

Sixth Scale Man
08-04-2019, 02:25 PM
Alita: Battle Angel 5/10 A bit over-hyped I guess, didn't 'end' which is always annoying, I'd be in no hurry to watch it again just a bit mediocre.

Yep. About the same for me. There were elements that really worked. The performance capture and integration as well as Rosa Salazar’s performance in general were terrific, but I just couldn’t get invested in the story. I also found Hugo to be a total blank and the only emotion I had at his outcome was relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

08-04-2019, 09:12 PM
The Mustang (2019) - 7/10 - Good film

murdomac
08-05-2019, 04:03 AM
Shazam 5/10 Watchable as DC films go more for kids though I think.

Star-Crunch
08-05-2019, 04:52 AM
Sorcerers Stone: 8/10
Chamber of Secrets: 7/10
Prisoner of Azkaban: 8.5/10

Lejuan
08-05-2019, 05:17 AM
The Favourite - 2018

Boring as *^%#!
Best part of the movie was set design and the costumes.

I felt the same, utter gobshyte. It was a film that was too pleased with itself. The wide angle shots that had no good reason to be wide angle were especially irritating.

KeatAlex
08-06-2019, 02:50 PM
The Hunt. 7/10

JAWS
08-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Hobbs and Shaw

What a dumb movie.

Fully enjoyed myself :lol

Star-Crunch
08-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Goblet of Fire: 7.5/10
Order of the Phoenix: 8/10

marvinmyles
08-07-2019, 06:21 PM
Hobbs and Shaw

What a dumb movie.

Fully enjoyed myself :lol

:exactly:

possibly an interesting film in there somewhere with just Idris and Vanessa.But no, they couldn't resist pulling a Jar Jar and Jar Jar Binks on us :lol

xipotec
08-07-2019, 07:10 PM
DieHard 2: 6/10

Really not a good film.

08-10-2019, 10:19 PM
Alita - 7/10

JAWS
08-17-2019, 08:36 PM
The Hitcher (Original) - Have not seen it in like 15 years.. Still hold up.

Cocoboloboy
08-17-2019, 10:32 PM
Avengers Endgame - 9/10

Only my second viewing after the theater viewing. I liked it in the theater but loved it at home being able to really focus on it. Watching all the bonus features gave me a greater appreciation too. Also seeing it a second time so closely after watching IW again it really is a brilliant conclusion to both movies.

Rixx
08-18-2019, 02:49 PM
John Wick 3 7.9/10

Avengers End Game 5/10

Exorcist 8.5/10

KeatAlex
08-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Jungle Cruise 8.5/10

heon123
08-21-2019, 06:30 AM
Royal Tenenbaums (6/10): Surprised to see so high on those Wes Anderson films ranked lists. He's still trying to find his footing in this which he eventually does in Life Aquatic and finally perfects in Fantastic Mr Fox/Budapest Hotel. Took a step back on Isle of Dogs however.

bboy
08-21-2019, 06:32 AM
Ready or Not : 9/10

A new instant classic for horror fans! A complete blast of violence/comedy/suspense. One of my favorite group of bad guys in a long long time. Please go see this in a packed theater

Prince_Planet
08-21-2019, 09:55 AM
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Still a fun movie, 30 years later.

marvinmyles
08-22-2019, 11:28 AM
Good Boys 5/10 overblown slightly unrealistic coming of age film with a couple of funny laughs and one gross real funny laugh.But not enough to warrant all the hype.

Blinded by the Light 6.5/10 based on a True story.Pakistani Boy late Teens in the UK in the 80's under racial pressure.Typical rigid Father Son thing.Gets turned onto Bruce Springsteen.Finds his own voice and even brings his father out of his shell.Cheesy at times.

Star-Crunch
08-22-2019, 02:05 PM
Raimi Spidey trilogy: 8/10

I coincidentally decided to watch it right before (you know), and I still love these movies (less so 3 lol)