PDA

View Full Version : RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190

YankeesFanboy
02-08-2015, 05:07 PM
4. It's a Tom Cruise film...and "hating" Tom Cruise because of his personal beliefs seems to be the "cool" thing to do nowadays.:dunno

Not to bring religion into the thread, but Cruise is also a Scientologist, possibly the very face of Scientology. Not only do they believe in some truly bizarre ****, they can be very hostile if you're critical of their beliefs or if you try to leave the Church. If Scientology isn't a cult, it features many of the same characteristics.

The Clown Prince of Crime
02-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Not to bring religion into the thread, but Cruise is also a Scientologist, possibly the very face of Scientology. Not only do they believe in some truly bizarre ****, they can be very hostile if you're critical of their beliefs or if you try to leave the Church. If Scientology isn't a cult, it exhibits many of the same characteristics.

I don't think Scientology counts as a religion ...but who knows? Regardless, I really don't care if he believes in the Chupacabras and worships ancient mummified monkey turds. He could drink unicorn blood to stay young for all I care :lol I don't care about actors personal lives, if that was the case I'd probably wouldn't like most actors...I mean look at Johnny Depp, he still dresses like it's 1987...but I don't care as long as the movie is good. When I watch a film, I just want to be entertained and like the characters, not the actors, but that's just me.

Now the day he goes crazy an kills a bunch of people, then I'll probably won't watch his films....maybe :lol

Deeznutz6
02-08-2015, 05:39 PM
I even like War of the Worlds, although I realise that will make some people consider my movie recommendations to be suspect after saying so.

Yep...... Wotw was god awful

I thought Oblivion sucked also, his best film imo was collateral

I don't like his films because of how nutty he is, but mainly because they all suck, for every good movie he had made, he had three terrible ones to go with it

EVILFACE
02-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Not to bring religion into the thread, but Cruise is also a Scientologist, possibly the very face of Scientology. Not only do they believe in some truly bizarre ****, they can be very hostile if you're critical of their beliefs or if you try to leave the Church. If Scientology isn't a cult, it features many of the same characteristics.

None of that matters. I don't believe in any invisible man in the sky or warship to images of a guy nailed to wood. Doesn't keep me some watching movies made by those that do.

I don't concern myself with what other do with their personal time.

CallMeTheDoctor
02-08-2015, 05:41 PM
I bet his character in Tropic Thunder is how he actually is. :lol

YankeesFanboy
02-08-2015, 06:02 PM
I don't think Scientology counts as a religion ...but who knows? Regardless, I really don't care if he believes in the Chupacabras and worships ancient mummified monkey turds. He could drink unicorn blood to stay young for all I care :lol I don't care about actors personal lives, if that was the case I'd probably wouldn't like most actors...I mean look at Johnny Depp, he still dresses like it's 1987...but I don't care as long as the movie is good. When I watch a film, I just want to be entertained and like the characters, not the actors, but that's just me.

Now the day he goes crazy an kills a bunch of people, then I'll probably won't watch his films....maybe :lol

According to wikipedia, Scientology is legally recognized as a tax-exempt religion in the United States, South Africa, Australia, Sweden, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal and Spain.

Most of Tom Cruise's detractors dislike him for his belief in Scientology. Some dislike him for his antics in public. I don't dislike him, per se. It's just that I don't find most of his movies from the past decade as engrossing as his earlier stuff.

None of that matters. I don't believe in any invisible man in the sky or warship to images of a guy nailed to wood. Doesn't keep me some watching movies made by those that do.

I don't concern myself with what other do with their personal time.

I ordinarily don't concern myself with an artist's political or religious beliefs. They very rarely keep me from enjoying his or her work. For example, Mel Gibson and the Mad Max movies and Braveheart.

They can however inform and shape an artist's work. For example, Mel Gibson and The Passion of the Christ.

02-08-2015, 06:09 PM
According to wikipedia, Scientology is legally recognized as a tax-exempt religion in the United States, South Africa, Australia, Sweden, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal and Spain.

I ordinarily don't concern myself with an artist's political or religious beliefs. They very rarely keep me from enjoying their work. For example, Mel Gibson and the Mad Max movies and Braveheart. They can however inform and shape an artist's work. For example, Mel Gibson and The Passion of the Christ.

Or Keanu Reeve and The Matrix. He's the one. And the true savior of the human race. :wink1: Cruise probably wrote the Wikipedia page :lol

CallMeTheDoctor
02-08-2015, 06:10 PM
I ordinarily don't concern myself with an artist's political or religious beliefs. They very rarely keep me from enjoying their work. For example, Mel Gibson and the Mad Max movies and Braveheart. They can however inform and shape an artist's work. For example, Mel Gibson and The Passion of the Christ.

At that point it is kind of depending and exclusive. I mean when "Son of God" came out last year, I doubt everyone was roaring to see it. My mother, decided to give it a go, and like I said, pretty exclusive. I think maybe 10 people were there too.

I do like your use of Mel, it is pretty accurate, but I mean Edge of Darkness came out a few years after Passion of the Christ, and man, did that not stop him from being a cliche 80's star (or Expendables 3).

YankeesFanboy
02-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Or Keanu Reeve and The Matrix. He's the one. And the true savior of the human race. :wink1: Cruise probably wrote the Wikipedia page :lol

I see you're a Matrixian, eh? Those who disagree with your beliefs shall be "Woahed" to death? :lol

At that point it is kind of depending and exclusive. I mean when "Son of God" came out last year, I doubt everyone was roaring to see it. My mother, decided to give it a go, and like I said, pretty exclusive. I think maybe 10 people were there too.

I do like your use of Mel, it is pretty accurate, but I mean Edge of Darkness came out a few years after Passion of the Christ, and man, did that not stop him from being a cliche 80's star (or Expendables 3).

The Passion of the Christ was, quite literally, a passion project for Mel. :lol

I think one can shelve his or her personal beliefs if one believes in a project or wants to work with a particular artist. Or needs the money. Clint Eastwood and The Bridges of Madison County, anyone? :slap :lol

02-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Is The Bridges of Madison County considered a bad film? Never seen it. Didn't Eastwood make a film with a monkey? :lol

YankeesFanboy
02-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Is The Bridges of Madison County considered a bad film? Never seen it. Didn't Eastwood make a film with a monkey? :lol

I never saw it, so I couldn't say one way or the other. That's beside the point. The guy who played The Man With No Name was in a "chick flick." Wrap your head around that. :lol

"The Bridges of Madison County is a 1992 best-selling novel by Robert James Waller that tells the story of a married but lonely Italian woman living in 1960s Madison County, Iowa. She engages in an affair with a National Geographic photographer from Bellingham, Washington, who is visiting Madison County to create a photographic essay on the covered bridges in the area. The novel is presented as a novelization of a true story, but it is in fact entirely fictional. However, the author has stated in an interview that there are strong similarities between the main character and himself.

The novel is one of the bestselling books of the 20th century, with 50 million copies sold worldwide."

CriterionCollector
02-08-2015, 06:59 PM

That was "Any Which Way But Loose" and it's sequel "Any Which Way You Can." He was in them. He didn't make them.

Baneofdemon22
02-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Locke 9/10 I keep thinking about this movie. It's the most I enjoyed a film released in the past few years. Although, I have not watched any of the great movies that came out last year, other than Grand Budapest Hotel. It seemed like 2014 was an amazing year for movies. I get my new movies from the library, so I have to wait on a long waiting list.

Anyways, when I previously said about certain movies not being what I usually want in a film, that does not apply to Locke! I love films that are confined to one space. Stuff like Rear Window, the Conversation, and the Sunset Limited are my jam!

Xenoburger_
02-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Terminator - 8/10

Terminator 2 - 7/10

Wow, T2 does not hold up well. I haven't seen it in almost five years I think, and always regarded it as an excellent film, but not anymore. The whole thing just felt...unnecessary. People hate on T3 for the cheesy Arnie lines but that definitely started in T2. "I need a vacation" really? Where the hell did he pick that up? It wasn't even funny, it was just uncomfortable and came out of nowhere.

Arnold being the good guy, the new Terminator being some flashy liquid-metal construct (How is that even possible? Why did no one mention how to kill it?), the out-of-place cheesy dialogue, etc. I think all of that made the movie feel more like a gimmick.

02-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Terminator - 8/10

Terminator 2 - 7/10

Wow, T2 does not hold up well.

http://i.imgur.com/ohO4dbt.gif

marker2037
02-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Somebody kill that man

Whiplash - 8.7/10 Really enjoyed the performances in this one. J.K. Simmons is incredible.

CriterionCollector
02-08-2015, 08:35 PM

Not to mention the fact that lever action rifles can't do that.

02-08-2015, 08:53 PM

It can if it has a large lever loop, which you can modify, like they in the film and other films like True Grit and The Rifleman. So yes, a Winchester 1887 can do that.

GasparZizou
02-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Yup, in fact, I read Arnold tried to do it with a rifle that wasn't modified and nearly broke 3 fingers :lol but with the modified one with the big loop you can do it.

pturtle
02-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Somebody kill that man

Whiplash - 8.7/10 Really enjoyed the performances in this one. J.K. Simmons is incredible.

I actually think Miles Teller stole the show, J.K. Simmons was good but all he really did was curse a lot. Teller gave a much more dynamic performance, I think he and Gyllenhaal were snubbed this year.

Terminator - 8/10

Terminator 2 - 7/10

Wow, T2 does not hold up well. I haven't seen it in almost five years I think, and always regarded it as an excellent film, but not anymore. The whole thing just felt...unnecessary. People hate on T3 for the cheesy Arnie lines but that definitely started in T2. "I need a vacation" really? Where the hell did he pick that up? It wasn't even funny, it was just uncomfortable and came out of nowhere.

Arnold being the good guy, the new Terminator being some flashy liquid-metal construct (How is that even possible? Why did no one mention how to kill it?), the out-of-place cheesy dialogue, etc. I think all of that made the movie feel more like a gimmick.

Yea T2 gets a little worse every time I watch it, it's starting to show its age but I still think it's a 9/10. A lot of the dialogue and humor just sounds weird and doesn't hold up right now, most of that mainly from Edward Furlong. But still the action holds up, the T-1000 is still one of the best movie villains ever, Arnold being the "good guy" was a nice twist, and the story was very satisfying. T1 is definitely the better movie though in my opinion.

02-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Yup, in fact, I read Arnold tried to do it with a rifle that wasn't modified and nearly broke 3 fingers :lol but with the modified one with the big loop you can do it.

:lol

The one on the right is the modified version.

http://i.imgur.com/gTVNRBE.jpg

VintijDroidGutzz
02-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Oblivion is also an underrated film of his. Say what you want about the guy, but he makes stellar sci-fi movies.
Totally - agreed.

I actually gave a mini review on Oblivion just a few pages back, but it got buried.

Khev
02-08-2015, 09:27 PM
People hate on T3 for the cheesy Arnie lines but that definitely started in T2. "I need a vacation" really? Where the hell did he pick that up? It wasn't even funny, it was just uncomfortable and came out of nowhere.

Oh man I'm laughing so hard right now. :lol This is the danger of putting such specific pop cultural references in your movies. "I need a vacation" was the catch phrase for some cruise line that did lots of TV ads in the late 80's here in the States. It was a pretty familiar expression when T2 came out and I remember the entire theater bursting out laughing when he said it.

But yeah, for anyone watching it now going forward it is SO out of the blue and random for him to say. :rotfl

karamazov80
02-08-2015, 10:10 PM
Birdman: 7.5/10

An interesting, well made movie with some pretty good acting across the board. I'm thrilled that Keaton is back in the spotlight. But the movie didn't totally blow me away.

Wow, T2 does not hold up well. I haven't seen it in almost five years I think, and always regarded it as an excellent film, but not anymore. The whole thing just felt...unnecessary.

Yea T2 gets a little worse every time I watch it

http://youtu.be/YXJZBjylYlo

a-dev
02-08-2015, 10:34 PM
I actually think Miles Teller stole the show, J.K. Simmons was good but all he really did was curse a lot. Teller gave a much more dynamic performance, I think he and Gyllenhaal were snubbed this year.

Anyone else think Miles Teller is the second clone of Heath Ledger? The other being joseph Gordon Levitt.

I see a few people being wrong about T2. Oh well.

Centurion
02-08-2015, 10:42 PM
I see a few people being wrong about T2. Oh well.I knew you would have a problem with those statements. :D
As for me, I can still watch T2 and enjoy it. I like it just as much as the first actually.

GeneralZodLives
02-08-2015, 10:47 PM
John Wick: 8.5/10 mobster version of Unforgiven and I want many sequels made. Soon.

Gremlins: 9/10 because its still awesome all these years later. My parents got suckered into letting me see it in the theater when it came out because they didn't know the Disney-like first half led into a freaking horror film second half. My wife had never seen it before (don't ask me how that's even possible) but she loved it so I guess we'll stay married.

02-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Anyone else think Miles Teller is the second clone of Heath Ledger? The other being joseph Gordon Levitt.

Nah, I don't see Ledger. Maybe Shia Labuffff...but with a less punchable face.

YankeesFanboy
02-08-2015, 11:35 PM

Pay no heed to them. Philistines and charlatans, each and every one of them. :duff

cmiller99
02-09-2015, 01:53 AM

Who really cares when it looks like this? :lol

Gremlins: 9/10 because its still awesome all these years later. My parents got suckered into letting me see it in the theater when it came out because they didn't know the Disney-like first half led into a freaking horror film second half. My wife had never seen it before (don't ask me how that's even possible) but she loved it so I guess we'll stay married.

Oh my, Gremlins. That scene in the bar... Just wonderful.

cmiller99
02-09-2015, 02:17 AM
The Usual Suspects - 9.5/10. Second viewing - still trying to sort fact from fiction. Brilliant movie.

marker2037
02-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Boyhood - 6.9/10 - I liked the performances from the kids and Ethan Hawke, but I still feel like the movie didn't really have much of a profound point to get across. It was just like watching someone's life or even remembering part of my own childhood. I'm sure that was the point, but still it isn't much of a point for me. If it's wasn't for the ridiculous 12 years of shooting and the acting from the kids and Hawke, then there wouldn't have been anything special here and this movie would've gotten a 2/10

Khev
02-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Boyhood masterfully conveys how quickly a child grows up in front of his/her parents. I can't imagine any other movie ever capturing that by filming different actors of different ages to represent one person. Beyond that the film is also a fantastic "slice of life" picture showing the consequences of choices made by various members of the cast.

I do think that watching this movie after going through some of the life events on screen (marriage, divorce, parenthood, empty nest syndrome, etc.) does give it greater impact but it's also an interesting "seize every moment with your kids" tale for new parents or those who do not yet have children.

The only scene I didn't care for was when the boys were camping out in the unfinished home. I found the acting to be pretty terrible across the board for that sequence. Everything else was superb.

Plastic Bateman
02-09-2015, 08:18 AM
http://youtu.be/JzhpbXQDl6g

Henry Morgan*
02-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Drive - 7/10

Nice movie, **** the ending

http://media.giphy.com/media/Jn7O4oC6s4Tw4/giphy.gif

Appleseed (1988) - 7.6/10

Loved it

https://38.media.tumblr.com/74818bdcf59713ad93179554e30106a1/tumblr_mkl2un2x501s5oxc0o1_250.gif

Appleseed (2004) - 7.5/10

Loved this one too

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/James_H._Potter/Animated%20Gifs/tumblr_m8y2wv0AVs1rshs0zo1_500.gif~original

karamazov80
02-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Sounds amazing. I had no idea it took over 12 years to make. Amazing. Will have to see it now, for sure.

Khev
02-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Sounds amazing. I had no idea it took over 12 years to make. Amazing. Will have to see it now, for sure.

And almost every year that passes in the film has neat pop cultural references to what was really going on at the time. There's even a very ironic conversation about a certain film series that takes place in the mid-2000's that is very amusing to see play out today.

Since the film doesn't do the "2003," "2005," etc., subtitles to tell you when a year passes you really have to key into their movie and song references to figure out which year they're at some of the time. Totally cool.

Mad Old Lu
02-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 8/10

I enjoyed "Rise" too. I'm glad they are remaking these with a lot of care and respect.

X-Men: DOFP: 8/10

Second viewing since watching it in the theaters. Loved it. It's funny, people criticized the first 3 X-Men because they were Wolverine movies that happened to have the X-Men in it. Now this one has Wolverine more in the sidelines and people complain that he was underused! :lol I thought they used him just the right amount, and I'm glad to see his character restored from his solo movies and X3. I feel like no other director besides Singer really "gets" Wolverine.

cmiller99
02-09-2015, 02:18 PM

BOYHOOD!

AIR
02-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 8/10

I enjoyed "Rise" too. I'm glad they are remaking these with a lot of care and respect.

X-Men: DOFP: 8/10

Second viewing since watching it in the theaters. Loved it. It's funny, people criticized the first 3 X-Men because they were Wolverine movies that happened to have the X-Men in it. Now this one has Wolverine more in the sidelines and people complain that he was underused! :lol I thought they used him just the right amount, and I'm glad to see his character restored from his solo movies and X3. I feel like no other director besides Singer really "gets" Wolverine.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone say Wolverine and underused in the same sentence.

Mad Old Lu
02-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Really? I remember so many posts (maybe not this forum) saying, "Yawn, all Wolverine did was sleep through the whole movie" and "There should have been an epic Sentinel Wolverine battle".

GasparZizou
02-09-2015, 04:17 PM
People complained Wolverine was underused? I don't remember seeing that, I remember seeing people saying it was great that they didn't use Wolverine nearly as much, I was one of them.

:lol:exactly:

a-dev
02-09-2015, 05:10 PM
:lol:exactly:

This must be what it's like for you in the MOS/Dawn of Justice thread :lol

Solidus
02-10-2015, 01:49 PM
The Purge - 7/10

The ratings for this movie were terrible, but I enjoyed it a lot. It showed what would happen if the law was suspended, to allow people to partake murder, and violence uninhibited. It's a frightening thought.

YankeesFanboy
02-10-2015, 01:51 PM
The Purge - 7/10

The ratings for this movie were terrible, but I enjoyed it a lot. It showed what would happen if the law was suspended, to allow people to partake murder, and violence uninhibited. It's a frightening thought.

I enjoyed the first two. Purge 3 coming out next year.

EVILFACE
02-10-2015, 01:58 PM
The Purge - 7/10

Liked it way more than the first. The main guy would make a good Punisher.

Snake Plissken
02-10-2015, 02:07 PM
The Purge - 7/10

I liked it, but goddamn was his son ****ing retarded to do what he did.

Solidus
02-10-2015, 04:09 PM
I enjoyed the first two. Purge 3 coming out next year.

Neat!

And I think HBO has Anarchy on demand, I'll check it out tonight.

Liked it way more than the first. The main guy would make a good Punisher.

For the first movie, I thought Ethan Hawke did a great job kicking ass in the end, but...

he had such a cheap death, getting stabbed in the corner by the blonde emo kid

I liked it, but goddamn was his son ****ing retarded to do what he did.

He really was :slap.

meth head
02-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Gran Torino 9/10

Solidus
02-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Pumpkinhead - 6/10

An old-school horror flick that I haven't seen in years, until today. There were some really campy and stereotypical things about the set locations and characters. But, the monster design of Pumpkinhead was done really well by Stan Winston.

Lance Henriksen's performance was great, but he really should have been given more screen time (the movie was only one hour and eighteen minutes in length).

mah45
02-10-2015, 06:36 PM
How High - 7/10

GasparZizou
02-10-2015, 07:49 PM
This must be what it's like for you in the MOS/Dawn of Justice thread :lol
:lol now you understand dem strugglez?

ChaserFan
02-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Kingsman: The Secret Service - 8/10

CriterionCollector
02-10-2015, 10:58 PM
The Voices- 7/10

Don't know what to make of it. The tone is all over the place. Ryan Reynolds was good. I like him.

Snake Plissken
02-11-2015, 05:34 AM
Pumpkinhead - 6/10

An old-school horror flick that I haven't seen in years, until today. There were some really campy and stereotypical things about the set locations and characters. But, the monster design of Pumpkinhead was done really well by Stan Winston.

Lance Henriksen's performance was great, but he really should have been given more screen time (the movie was only one hour and eighteen minutes in length).

I haven't seen it in sometime, but I loved Lance in it. He's good in everything.

myc
02-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Predestination 9/10 what a great movie !
John Wick 7/10 was a fun ride !! finally the whole cartel gets scared of one guy and not always the way around ! :lol

jungle jom
02-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Just saw "Predestination" last night. I liked it just a bit more than you, 10/10. It's rare that I give that kind of score. If you like time travel flicks, this is for you.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
02-11-2015, 02:38 PM
A Clockwork Orange - 9/10

Rocky Horror Picture Show - 8/10

Really? I remember so many posts (maybe not this forum) saying, "Yawn, all Wolverine did was sleep through the whole movie" and "There should have been an epic Sentinel Wolverine battle".

I've seen this

Henry Morgan*
02-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Appleseed: Alpha - 7.5/10

I love this dumb movie :love

http://38.media.tumblr.com/96e6953ab73ac55861031fd3dfe4b1de/tumblr_n93b6uijlB1s5oxc0o2_500.gif

http://33.media.tumblr.com/f019be8bcb46ce54d827861c48203131/tumblr_n9zm1tKuZn1s5oxc0o1_500.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/6ca2d2123d5f0d0f30569d4683575f14/tumblr_n90z75pBRT1tc7u7qo1_500.gif

...I think I need to accept I have a cyberpunk fetish :drool

CallMeTheDoctor
02-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Pacific Rim - 7.5/10

It was fun and cool the first time. Second time seeing it....well wasn't as fun. I'd like to see more Jaegers and Kaijus.

Solidus
02-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Pacific Rim really needs a sequel. I enjoyed it a lot.

CriterionCollector
02-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Kill the Messenger- 8/10

Was looking for a bit more of the CIA story, but the story about Gary Webb was actually pretty intriguing.

02-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Cobra - :rock/10

marker2037
02-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Cobra - :rock/10

Good score :rock

CriterionCollector
02-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Cobra is terrible, but it's so bad it's good like Samurai Cop and Gymkata.

Henry Morgan*
02-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Metropolis (1927) Restored Version - 9/10

Masterpiece :drool

http://www.the-arcade.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tumblr_l7zjfgT0jh1qb7evco1_500.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/10/tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Half the things I love in this world would not even exist if it wasn't for this movie, I can see why the movie has influenced our vision of the future ever since. Easily one of the best movies I've ever seen

http://cdn3.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/week-in-review-emma-stone-gifs-ed-sheeran-ellabeereads.gif

YankeesFanboy
02-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Dayum. Not "Damn." Dayum. :lol

02-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Good score :rock

:duff

Cobra is terrible, but it's so bad it's good like Samurai Cop and Gymkata.

It's entertaining. :hi5:

Henry Morgan*
02-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Dayum. Not "Damn." Dayum. :lol

Have you seen it?

cmiller99
02-12-2015, 06:08 PM

Masterpiece :drool

Half the things I love in this world would not even exist if it wasn't for this movie, I can see why the movie has influenced our vision of the future ever since. Easily one of the best movies I've ever seen

I've wanted to watch this movie for a long time. I should get around to it.

Henry Morgan*
02-12-2015, 06:21 PM
I've wanted to watch this movie for a long time. I should get around to it.

Here's the HD version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za2ALUI97EA

Khev
02-12-2015, 06:29 PM

What. Are. The. Odds.

I just watched this movie for the first time last night. The 1984 restored version. So amazing to see the grandfather/mother of so much sci-fi to follow. Highly recommended.

GasparZizou
02-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Here's the HD version:

Ooooh it's on my backlog :lol I didn't know it was on youtube, will watch it.

Khev
02-12-2015, 06:40 PM
I streamed it off Netflix.

Plastic Bateman
02-12-2015, 09:37 PM
Here's the HD version:

I love Metropolis so much. It's one of those chinstroking film school academic-type movies that actually is legitimately amazing and compulsively watchable, as opposed to a dry intellectual exercise in celluloid.

Centurion
02-12-2015, 11:00 PM
I'll have to watch that. Thanks all for the tip.

YankeesFanboy
02-12-2015, 11:16 PM
Have you seen it?

Yep, the 2002 digital restoration, which is about 30 minutes shorter than the version you posted. 81/100.

I probably didn't enjoy it as many of you do/will, but its impact on cinematic history is immeasurable. Just off the top of my head, I recognized imagery from Frankenstein, Dr. Strangelove, Star Wars (obviously), Blade Runner, Back to the Future and Batman.

There are many more here. Metropolis (1927) - Connections - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0017136/movieconnections)

It's also a gif goldmine! Who knew, right? :lol For example:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r180/Samwanda/BLOG%20%20Metropolis/Metropolis128.gif~original

Sideshow Freaks' 3-percent female population.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r180/Samwanda/BLOG%20%20Metropolis/Lust137.gif~original

Sideshow Freaks' 97-percent male population.

:monkey3

Henry Morgan*
02-13-2015, 09:51 AM
What. Are. The. Odds.

I just watched this movie for the first time last night. The 1984 restored version. So amazing to see the grandfather/mother of so much sci-fi to follow. Highly recommended.

Indeed :lol

Its truly an amazing movie :clap

I love Metropolis so much. It's one of those chinstroking film school academic-type movies that actually is legitimately amazing and compulsively watchable, as opposed to a dry intellectual exercise in celluloid.

:goodpost::exactly:

I expected it to be good but I never expected I'd like it so much because its super old, I was afraid it may look a bit too campy, but the themes and even some special effects hold up so well, a true classic

It's also a gif goldmine! Who knew, right? :lol

I know, my collection is a bit bigger now

http://33.media.tumblr.com/64730b6212d30945a445c9c5d7220f00/tumblr_mpi04w8VIU1ssmb3co1_500.gif

:lol

VintijDroidGutzz
02-13-2015, 09:56 AM
Love Metropolis - a true masterpiece.

I've been meaning to buy it for ages, gotta pull my finger out I think. :lol

CallMeTheDoctor
02-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Pacific Rim really needs a sequel. I enjoyed it a lot.

Oh yeah, just throw in more Jaegers and Kaijus, and **** would be the bomb.

Hate that monster movies need explanations of their existence. At least PR did it, now the second one should be non stop fights! :rock

Xenoburger_
02-13-2015, 11:27 AM
I didn't think much of Pacific Rim initially, but after seeing 2014 Godzilla I gained some respect for it.

Sidewinder
02-13-2015, 12:07 PM
Vice 3/10 - God awful!

Snake Plissken
02-13-2015, 06:22 PM
Dredd - 8/10

pturtle
02-13-2015, 11:06 PM
Kingsman: The Secret Service - 8/10

02-14-2015, 12:50 AM
Some Kind Of Wonderful - 6/10

The Burbs - 6/10

I liked both.

Solidus
02-14-2015, 06:14 AM
Oh yeah, just throw in more Jaegers and Kaijus, and **** would be the bomb.

Hate that monster movies need explanations of their existence. At least PR did it, now the second one should be non stop fights! :rock

Non-stop robot fight would definitely be amazing. I'm also hoping along the way, they plan a Godzilla crossover :drool.

Solidus
02-14-2015, 06:34 AM
Ender's Game - 1/10

This just isn't my kind of movie. I've never read the book, and I don't intend to. I saw it on HBO yesterday, and I can see how it will appeal to nerdy, teeny-bopper kids who're hooked on RTS games, and have delusions of grandeur. I'm sure they treat this movie like their Bible. It'll also appeal to, large and depressed, forever alone, Gothic women who scrub their black, unwashed clothes in cat hair. In any case, Ender's character is an accurate allegory for the quintessential nerd who shows up in his school's basement (turned anime club) one day, because he needs to show his peers how 1331 he is in EVE Online. There's also a scrawny bully in the basement that he manages to outwit, and crack his brain open. Heck, there's even the one ugly teenage chick who hangs out with the nerds - just like an actual anime club! (please, don't ask how I know of this...).

It's filled with dialog and cliches that you've seen in other movies; other, better, military movies - and I can't emphasize that enough.

However, I'd have to say that Asa Butterfield did a marvelous job capturing the grit and emotional maturity that came from the role. He's seriously the best child actor I've seen in recent memory. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the other kids and their lackluster performances.

As usual, Harrison Ford and Ben Kingsley were great in their respected roles as well.

RIDDICK
02-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Wow, that's too harsh. Even I gave it 6/10 :lol

Solidus
02-14-2015, 06:51 AM
Wow, that's too harsh. Even I gave it 6/10 :lol

When I've surpassed you in pessimism, I know it's time for me to get worried :lol.

cmiller99
02-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Here's the HD version:

Wow, thanks! I had no idea it was on youtube.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
02-14-2015, 04:37 PM
Point Break - 8/10

The single greatest surfing/bank robbery/sky diving movie

CriterionCollector
02-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Point Break - 8/10

The single greatest surfing/bank robbery/sky diving/guys in love with each other movie

Fixed for you.

CallMeTheDoctor
02-14-2015, 06:33 PM
John Wick - 9/10

Such a fun movie. Glad I snagged it up.

GasparZizou
02-14-2015, 06:38 PM
It's a fun movie indeed, the only thing that bothered me is that one time where it fell victim of action movie tropes like

When the Russian guy finally has John at his mercy and instead of killing him, he monologues :lol then he leaves his henchmen alone with him confidently assuming they will get the job done

That's the only cliché I can think of.

pturtle
02-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Point Break is awesome!

I would love a video game adaption based on the movie.

CriterionCollector
02-14-2015, 08:44 PM
Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead-5/10 Not much to see here. Move along.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-14-2015, 10:00 PM
I've finally started catching up with a lot of the recently released Sci-fi / CBMs in the last couple years or so..

The Wolverine -- 7.5 / 10

I liked it. It wasn't earth shattering, but Jackman as Logan is always a good watch. I thought the story was decent; Japan being the locale for most of it was cool, & the beginning scenes (the bomb) were well done. I liked his little 'side kick' too - she was great, & the Silver Samurai's grand daughter.. so hot. Fighting was great for my money, end fight.. not so much. That Viper chick.. ehh, kinda stupid. All in all, better than the last one. I'll probably buy it.

I've got a bunch to go; ASM2, THOR2, GOTG, CA:TWS, Pacific Rim etc.

02-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Tombstone :rock/10

Young Guns- 6.5/10 It's alright

Young Guns 2 - 5/10

Dark shadows :horror/10

CriterionCollector
02-14-2015, 11:34 PM
Bad Turn Worse-4/10

threedaytorture
02-15-2015, 01:38 AM
Fifth Element: 10/10

Andrew "KremlinMon" C

ZsaszSays
02-15-2015, 02:26 AM
Scary Movie 5....holy **** what a horrible movie. I think it gave me cancer.

Trash Panda
02-15-2015, 03:40 AM
Edge of Tomorrow - 7/10

Trash Panda
02-15-2015, 06:08 AM
Stonehearst Asylum - 5/10

CallMeTheDoctor
02-15-2015, 08:59 AM
It's a fun movie indeed, the only thing that bothered me is that one time where it fell victim of action movie tropes like

When the Russian guy finally has John at his mercy and instead of killing him, he monologues :lol then he leaves his henchmen alone with him confidently assuming they will get the job done

That's the only cliché I can think of.

I agree, but it actually wasn't as bad as say like Taken or Rambo with this one: He had Willem's character watching over him. In reality he would have died, had it not been for Marcus. The one in that situation that I thought was kind of stereotypical was when Ms. Perkins escaped when she broke her thumb.

Overall though, it actually was solid especially after seeing some of the trivia like Reeve's memorizing the nightclub scene the day of, and he also did it with the flu and running a 104° fever! :horror

Devil_666
02-15-2015, 11:45 AM
The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water - 8/10

YankeesFanboy
02-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Whiplash - 88/100

The movie's very good but it asks you to suspend disbelief, perhaps unreasonably so. J.K. Simmons is mesmerizing to watch and should win the Oscar for his turn as a driven and demanding, but hot-tempered, foul-mouthed, bigoted, homophobic, abusive tyrant, but in real life, Fletcher would've been dismissed years ago.

cmiller99
02-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Drive - 9.5/10

Lethal Weapon - 8.5/10

CallMeTheDoctor
02-15-2015, 05:56 PM
The Avengers 9.5/10

Thor 8.75/10

Deeznutz6
02-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Robocop reboot

Yikes what a ****** movie 4/10

hairlesswookiee
02-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Kingsmen ....9/10. What a great movie. I saw the preview a long time ago, and thought it was going to be crap. I heard from several friends that it was good, and I'm glad that I decided to go see it. I have my fingers crossed that a sequel gets approved.

Darkseed
02-15-2015, 06:45 PM
Fellowship of the Ring: 7/10
Two Towers: 7.5 /10

Sidewinder
02-15-2015, 07:08 PM
Nightcrawler 8.5/10

One of the creepiest characters I've seen in a film.

pturtle
02-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Kingsmen ....9/10. What a great movie. I saw the preview a long time ago, and thought it was going to be crap. I heard from several friends that it was good, and I'm glad that I decided to go see it. I have my fingers crossed that a sequel gets approved.

It looks like it might, after this weekend it will have already made its budget back. It did much better numbers than expected.

EXOTICLEX
02-15-2015, 11:49 PM
Do yourselves a favor and watch John Wick 9/10 Loved it. How many did he kill? Wow.

AIR
02-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Gone Girl: 8/10

Gates70
02-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Do yourselves a favor and watch John Wick 9/10 Loved it. How many did he kill? Wow.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-16-2015, 09:59 AM
I just finished watching Guardians Of The Galaxy -- 7.8 / 10.

I think the best part for me, was the soundtrack. I don't know anything about the comic book, but it looked nice visually, & I liked Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana & Bradley Cooper voicing Rocket. I had no idea that Karen Gillan was in this either - huh. I know Thanos & (of) Ronin, but not extensively. It was fun, & funny.

Not bad.

Devil_666
02-16-2015, 02:55 PM
The Equalizer - 8/10
aka the adult version of Home Alone. Even their last names are similar: McCallister - McCall. :lol

Lucy - 6/10
ScarJo is lucky she has a nice body and a decent rack cuz sweet lord that chick can't act for ****.

Kibagami
02-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Nightcrawler 10/10
Kingsman 9/10

Great movies.

GasparZizou
02-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Big Hero 6 - 8/10

ActionJackson83
02-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Kingsmen 9/10 unabashedly violent and gory and an overall fun movie. All I gotta say is take me to church!

cmiller99
02-16-2015, 09:50 PM
I might have to check Kingsmen out. I saw a trailer that looked terrible, but reviews seem to say the opposite.

meth head
02-17-2015, 09:14 AM
Enemy 10/10

Just WOW! Absolutely loved it!!!

CallMeTheDoctor
02-17-2015, 09:19 AM
Enemy 10/10

Just WOW! Absolutely loved it!!!

That the Gyllenhaal movie?

meth head
02-17-2015, 09:36 AM
That the Gyllenhaal movie?

That is correct :duff

CallMeTheDoctor
02-17-2015, 09:55 AM
That is correct :duff

Cool cool! I've been meaning to check it out, never get a chance. I'll probably catch it this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation. :duff

meth head
02-17-2015, 10:07 AM
Cool cool! I've been meaning to check it out, never get a chance. I'll probably catch it this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation. :duff

Proceed with caution. This film probably won't satisfy the majority, but if you are willing to analyse a film afterwards, the pay off is pretty rewarding :duff

Chris Stuckmann's analysis on YouTube is also very helpful after you have watched the movie.

Baneofdemon22
02-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy 7/10- It was fun. However, I thought a lot of the humor was forced, and needlessly put at times to alleviate tension that was never there. Then again, maybe the director made that as an intentional decision, because he was trying to parody other superhero movies. I also wasn't fond of how they connected the "Take My Hand" scenes and how the some of the action scenes felt "weightless." It wasn't bad like the first Spider-man movie though. Still, I liked nearly all the characters, especially Rocket and Groot. I hope the new Star Wars movie is as good as this!

I'd put it in my top 3 Marvel movies: 1. Spider-man 2 2. Iron Man 3. Guardians of the Galaxy

GasparZizou
02-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy 7/10- It was fun. However, I thought a lot of the humor was forced, and needlessly put at times to alleviate tension that was never there. Then again, maybe the director made that as an intentional decision, because he was trying to parody other superhero movies. I also wasn't fond of how they connected the "Take My Hand" scenes and how the some of the action scenes felt "weightless." It wasn't bad like the first Spider-man movie though. Still, I liked nearly all the characters, especially Rocket and Groot. I hope the new Star Wars movie is as good as this!

I'd put it in my top 3 Marvel movies: 1. Spider-man 2 2. Iron Man 3. Guardians of the Galaxy

I think I might feel about the same if I watch the movie again, there was some mad hype around that movie that might have been smoke.

CriterionCollector
02-17-2015, 08:14 PM
I think I might feel about the same if I watch the movie again, there was some mad hype around that movie that might have been smoke.

http://www.freakipedia.net/images/b/b7/Images.jpg

CallMeTheDoctor
02-17-2015, 08:18 PM
Casino Royale 10/10

Man, I love this film! So good. Can't wait for SPECTRE.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-17-2015, 10:01 PM

I just watched it the other day too (not that anyone would know that after my mini review getting completely buried..), & I guess I agree with some of your points. Again, the soundtrack was the best part for me.

Definitely NOT in my top 3 for Marvel movies either. :lol

Henry Morgan*
02-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Far and Away - 5.5/10

02-18-2015, 07:54 PM
As Good as It Gets - 8.5/10 -

CallMeTheDoctor
02-18-2015, 07:56 PM
The Interview 8.5/10

So offensively hilarious. :lol

marker2037
02-18-2015, 08:32 PM
Batman - 10/10 I watched it in honor of getting the most awesome premium format.

I've seen this movie countless times, but surprisingly this was the first time I've seen it in HD on Blu-Ray. AND. IT. ROCKED!!! :rock :rock :rock

I forgot, probably mainly due to crummy VHS or DVD or TV, how awesome this movie looked. The art direction, the set design, the whole ambiance of the movie was just thrilling and exceptionally done. For me, this is Gotham city. Outside of Batman Begins, Nolan basically made his Gotham look like a clean, perfect, modern day city. It misses a lot of the elements that I always thought of when I pictured Gotham City.

Secondly, Keaton is Batman. He's got the character all to himself if you ask me. Bale tried, and did a respectable job, and I even like him as Batman. But Keaton defines the character IMO.

Lastly, Kim Basinger was a SMOKESHOW in this movie. Yowzers. :horror

karamazov80
02-18-2015, 08:40 PM
A Serious Man: 7/10

This one I enjoyed, purely because it was such a well made film. I didn't really enjoy the story being told, and didn't connect to any of the characters strongly, didn't think it was particularly funny or enlightening, etc. Probably one that would benefit from extra viewings though, as it's probably the most abstract Coen Bros. film yet, or at least up there with Barton Fink. Not much hand holding going on here. My first reaction is that it's a pretty damn bleak film.

YankeesFanboy
02-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Batman - 10/10 I watched it in honor of getting the most awesome premium format.

I've seen this movie countless times, but surprisingly this was the first time I've seen it in HD on Blu-Ray. AND. IT. ROCKED!!! :rock :rock :rock

I forgot, probably mainly due to crummy VHS or DVD or TV, how awesome this movie looked. The art direction, the set design, the whole ambiance of the movie was just thrilling and exceptionally done. For me, this is Gotham city. Outside of Batman Begins, Nolan basically made his Gotham look like a clean, perfect, modern day city. It misses a lot of the elements that I always thought of when I pictured Gotham City.

Secondly, Keaton is Batman. He's got the character all to himself if you ask me. Bale tried, and did a respectable job, and I even like him as Batman. But Keaton defines the character IMO.

Lastly, Kim Basinger was a SMOKESHOW in this movie. Yowzers. :horror

You ain't kidding.

Xenoburger_
02-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Marco Polo - 9/10

Wow, wasn't expecting that. Right under Game of Thrones and Spartacus for me.

Centurion
02-18-2015, 11:26 PM
The Interview 8.5/10

So offensively hilarious. :lol
No doubt. :lol :hi5:

EVILFACE
02-19-2015, 01:26 AM
Annabelle - 2/10 - Wow, this thing was awful.

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning - 6.5/10 - Like the other sequels of this series, this one isn't that good. Plot is by the books. BUT it does have a neat video game like flow and Van Dame in a Colonel Kurtz wannabe this time around. Does have some good fights.

Snake Plissken
02-19-2015, 04:57 AM
Annabelle - 2/10 - Wow, this thing was awful.

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning - 6.5/10 - Like the other sequels of this series, this one isn't that good. Plot is by the books. BUT it does have a neat video game like flow and Van Dame in a Colonel Kurtz wannabe this time around. Does have some good fights.

Annabelle that bad? My girl has been pestering me to watch that thing for some time now.

I haven't seen Universal Soldier in years at this point, but I should go through the whole series since I've only see the first film.

I still remember when WCW was still on, they were piping up the second film because Bill Goldberg was in it :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
02-19-2015, 08:29 AM
Isn't Michael Jai White in one of them?

I've only seen the first one..

Snake Plissken
02-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Yes, that's the one WCW was promoting.

http://i.imgur.com/IVlgsS8.jpg

VintijDroidGutzz
02-19-2015, 09:29 AM
AHHH! :duff

Anyway - just watched The Amazing Spider-man 2 -- 7 / 10.

Ehh.. I didn't mind it. A few stupid things in there - namely; Foxx's cringe worthy pre Electrolux character & general dialaogue, the guy playing Harry turning into a loco leprechaun & the painfully convenient blink of an eye set up for it all, Paul Giamatti being completely wasted in the film, & some uber video game looking sequences.

That said - I like Garfield in the role, & the new suit. I like Emma Stone, & I love Sally Field.

marker2037
02-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Batman Returns - 9/10 A worthy sequel. Catwoman was a revelation and all have paled in comparison to Pfeiffer. It's not even close.

RIDDICK
02-19-2015, 03:44 PM
The Amazing Spider-man 2 - 7 / 10

http://media.giphy.com/media/Fnw3j5Nl3gFzi/giphy.gif

Snake Plissken
02-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Batman Returns - 9/10 A worthy sequel. Catwoman was a revelation and all have paled in comparison to Pfeiffer. It's not even close.

http://i.imgur.com/Rym8AIu.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/Fnw3j5Nl3gFzi/giphy.gif

:exactly:

threedaytorture
02-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Fifty Shades of Grey- 5/10 Sex was boring. Girl wasn't that pretty. But It did the tension really well.

Kingsman- 8/10 Really fun movie, enjoyed the villian. Hyper violent which is a plus in my book :)

Andrew "KremlinMon" C

Henry Morgan*
02-19-2015, 06:00 PM
Blade Runner - 7.8/10

"I've… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain. Time… to die"

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/9/18/17/anigif_enhanced-buzz-306-1379539185-6.gif

Ok, ok... there are a lot of things I want to say about this movie but I'll make it short, I loved it. I loved the dark style, the characters, the music and the messed up universe depicted in it.

The ending was quite abrupt and shocking... wow just wow, this movie is sublime... a great sci-fi experience

http://media.tumblr.com/d20730c9179771f7eb83687b0be7096e/tumblr_inline_nfypm1ttS41s7p9yt.gif

I have a long list of cyberpunk movies I have to watch and Blade Runner was the first one, not a bad start :clap

RIDDICK
02-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Maleficent, 36 minutes in... That's enough.

WHAT. THE. ****??? This is beyond bastardization. A true horror of stupidity and tastelessness.
Need to watch 50s adaptation again to wash out the memory of what I've just forced myself to witness.

2/10, for sometimes pretty visuals + perfect casting for Maleficent and two oldest fairies.

CallMeTheDoctor
02-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Wasn't too big on the story, but they did well graphically and with cast. I enjoyed it.

CriterionCollector
02-19-2015, 08:12 PM
Dumb and Dumber To- 4/10
Daniels and Carey look tired. A lot of the jokes were repeats from the last movie. Pretty much the same story outline as the first one as well.
I think if a Dumb and Dumber sequel happened a few years after the original it would have been better. That's IMO pretty much why both Ace Ventura films are pretty good. Too many years have passed.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-19-2015, 10:12 PM
RIDDICK & Snake - how about 6 / 10 then.

Still too generous? :lol

cmiller99
02-20-2015, 01:24 AM
Blade Runner - 7.8/10

"I've… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain. Time… to die"

Ok, ok... there are a lot of things I want to say about this movie but I'll make it short, I loved it. I loved the dark style, the characters, the music and the messed up universe depicted in it.

The ending was quite abrupt and shocking... wow just wow, this movie is sublime... a great sci-fi experience

I have a long list of cyberpunk movies I have to watch and Blade Runner was the first one, not a bad start :clap

There's a screening on near me this Sunday. :yess: About time I revisit this.

EVILFACE
02-20-2015, 02:05 AM

Can't stand Returns myself. Don't care for bats new torso design. He is also not very batman like. Makes zero effort to rescue the snow princess. And needs reading glasses???? A mutant penguin is awful. Blah. Is lucky Batman and Robin came out, or it would be the worst of the first set of movies.

Pfeiffer was pretty much the only thing I liked. meow.

GasparZizou
02-20-2015, 02:11 AM
Guardians of the Galaxy - 7/10 I think I gave this a 9 when it first came out, it's truly made mostly out of hype, predictable, unimaginative and forced humor, most of it anyway, stupid and bland villain, weird looking Thanos, the ending still made me laugh though, if the villain had been any good I'd be pissed for that ending but since he was crap the ending was pretty funny.

I still don't get how some people put this on TWS or DOFP level.

meanstreak
02-20-2015, 02:14 AM
Gone Girl - 9/10

I think it's one of those movies that will stay with you for quite some time.

EVILFACE
02-20-2015, 02:15 AM
Guardians of the Galaxy - 7/10 I think I gave this a 9 when it first came out, it's truly made mostly out of hype, predictable, unimaginative and forced humor, most of it anyway, stupid and bland villain, weird looking Thanos, the ending still made me laugh though, if the villain had been any good I'd be pissed for that ending but since he was crap the ending was pretty funny.

I still don't get how some people put this on TWS or DOFP level.

I would watch Batman Returns again before Guardians of the Galaxy. :lol

GasparZizou
02-20-2015, 02:19 AM
I would watch Batman Returns again before Guardians of the Galaxy. :lol

Yeah, it's weird, I was being generous because it's a kind-hearted whimsical movie, but there's really nothing remarkable about it.

marker2037
02-20-2015, 08:07 AM
Interesting take on Returns EF.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay 1 - 4/10

A huge drop off from the last film. I was pretty bored throughout this. Boring story combined with some terrible acting from that chick.

CallMeTheDoctor
02-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Can't stand Returns myself. Don't care for bats new torso design. He is also not very batman like. Makes zero effort to rescue the snow princess. And needs reading glasses???? A mutant penguin is awful. Blah. Is lucky Batman and Robin came out, or it would be the worst of the first set of movies.

Pfeiffer was pretty much the only thing I liked. meow.

Pfeiffer. She is the only reason I can handle watching the movie. No one will ever top that, get the **** out of the spotlight Hatheway, Pfeiffer ruled it. :lecture

VintijDroidGutzz
02-20-2015, 08:47 AM
Just watched the Fright Night remake on TV.. missed the start though, so scoring it wouldn't be fair.

I think David Tenant kinda sells it - Anton wasn't bad, but Collin McRae - CAN'T STAND HIM!!!!!!! :lol

(Yes Iknow it's Collin FARRELL)

Mad Old Lu
02-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Gone Girl: 8.5/10

I kinda knew the basic plot going in, but it still managed to surprise me greatly. Much better than I was expecting, and I was expecting it to be good. But I did think they rushed the end a bit. Fincher's direction was brilliant as always. Loved Affleck's character's sister in the movie.

I also did not care for Batman Returns. I almost walked out of that in the theater. I came *this* close to walking out when Wayne did the wiki-wiki disc scratch thing during Penguin's press conference. I was SO disappointed. I never loved the first one (just thought it was okay), and I thought Returns looked better. Boy was I wrong! I had seen the scene of Wayne and Pfeifer dancing and realizing who each were in a preview, and thought it looked really compelling and more in line with how I saw comic book stories with fully realized characters. But nope. Even that great scene didn't have the impact I thought it would because everything else that came before and after was dopey.

franpincho
02-20-2015, 09:11 AM
The Human Centipede 1 & 2:

I really don't see how I could REVIEW this, let alone give it a score. Definitely different that what I was expecting.

I'm a very open minded person but hell, this is something else. Human torture at its most grotesque. I don't know if I could watch them again, but I just had to at least once.

And there's a # 3 in the works? Jesus. (I'm seeing it).

CriterionCollector
02-20-2015, 09:25 AM

I really don't see how I could REVIEW this, let alone give it a score. Definitely different that what I was expecting.

I'm a very open minded person but hell, this is something else. Human torture at its most grotesque. I don't know if I could watch them again, but I just had to at least once.

Part 2 is way better than part 1. It's very dark and disturbing, but it's actually supposed to be taken as a comedy.

franpincho
02-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Part 2 is way better than part 1. It's very dark and disturbing, but it's actually supposed to be taken as a comedy.

A comedy, really? Aside from the mute, disgusting chubby dude, there was nothing that resembled a comedy IMO. Must have been the shock.

Brainiac
02-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Jurassic Park. Still as good as ever.... Bluray with 7.1 adds a whole new layer to it :lol :clap

mikedanger
02-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Chef- 7.5/10

CriterionCollector
02-20-2015, 10:42 AM
A comedy, really? Aside from the mute, disgusting chubby dude, there was nothing that resembled a comedy IMO. Must have been the shock.

It's really the situation and the absurdness of the guy's plan that is funny.

RIDDICK
02-20-2015, 10:59 AM
RIDDICK & Snake
Sounds like a porn spoof... :monkey4

how about 6 / 10 then.
Anything higher than 4 is a crime against humanity! :monkey3

K07
02-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Batman Returns = Horrible Batman Movie
Batman Returns = Great Tim Burton Movie
Batman & Robin = Horrible Batman Movie
Batman & Robin = Horrible movie all around

That said, Batman Forever is my favorite of the original bunch of flicks. Batman '89 hasn't aged well for me. It was my favorite movie as a kid and introduced me to the character, but B:TAS and the Nolanverse are my preference for the character. I will watch B89 once a year with BR and BF but sometimes it has felt like a chore to get through.

RIDDICK
02-20-2015, 11:38 AM
By the standards of 60s it's the best Batman movie ever. :wave

CallMeTheDoctor
02-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Batman: Assault on Arkham 9/10

Fun movie, super adult geared, just the Killer Frost and Harley scenes will mess some people. :lol

Love the film, it's a great one, and only my second on the DC animated front. Gonna try Son of Batman next.

pturtle
02-20-2015, 02:08 PM
I also did not care for Batman Returns. I almost walked out of that in the theater. I came *this* close to walking out when Wayne did the wiki-wiki disc scratch thing during Penguin's press conference. I was SO disappointed. I never loved the first one (just thought it was okay), and I thought Returns looked better. Boy was I wrong! I had seen the scene of Wayne and Pfeifer dancing and realizing who each were in a preview, and thought it looked really compelling and more in line with how I saw comic book stories with fully realized characters. But nope. Even that great scene didn't have the impact I thought it would because everything else that came before and after was dopey.

Yea I pretty much agree with everything you said, the script is just downright laughable. I still enjoy both movies due to nostalgia but even the most hardcore fan can see BR flaws. Pfeifer was the awesome though, but almost everything about her character didn't make sense.

Batman: Assault on Arkham 9/10

Fun movie, super adult geared, just the Killer Frost and Harley scenes will mess some people. :lol

Love the film, it's a great one, and only my second on the DC animated front. Gonna try Son of Batman next.

This is probably my favorite of the new animated films WB has been releasing. I'm hoping the Suicide Squad movie is heavily inspired by this.

Trash Panda
02-20-2015, 02:12 PM

You watched that mess?

Baneofdemon22
02-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Batman Returns = Horrible Batman Movie
Batman Returns = Great Tim Burton Movie
Batman & Robin = Horrible movie all around

That said, Batman Forever is my favorite of the original bunch of flicks. Batman '89 hasn't aged well for me. It was my favorite movie as a kid and introduced me to the character, but B:TAS and the Nolanverse are my preference for the character. I will watch B89 once a year with BR and BF but sometimes it has felt like a chore to get through.

I've been hearing Batman Forever is a favorite from the bunch from a lot of people. I don't remember the movie at all, so I can't jump on any bandwagon.

Yea I pretty much agree with everything you said, the script is just downright laughable. I still enjoy both movies due to nostalgia but even the most hardcore fan can see BR flaws. Pfeifer was the awesome though, but almost everything about her character didn't make sense.

I also really liked the Tim Buron movies as a kid, but I can't even get through them now. It's funny going back to old movies and seeing how well they hold up. I loved Temple of Doom as child, but WOOF! I couldn't get halfway through the movie. Thankfully Raiders and Last Crusade still held up for me.
The Rocketeer and Abbot and Lou Costello Meets Frankenstein were a couple of my favorite movies as a kid, and I'm wondering how those hold up. I'm not expecting them to be great, but I hope they're at least bearable!

CallMeTheDoctor
02-20-2015, 03:21 PM
This is probably my favorite of the new animated films WB has been releasing. I'm hoping the Suicide Squad movie is heavily inspired by this.

Agreed, if Ayer can match that kind of team handle, I'd easily be on board regardless of casting. I'd also like a potential for sequel with more people on the squad.

02-20-2015, 04:45 PM
The Dark Knight Returns part 1 - 10/10

The Dark Knight Returns part 2- 9/10

I thought part one was a little better.

Plastic Bateman
02-20-2015, 11:06 PM
The Dark Knight Returns part 1 - 10/10

The Dark Knight Returns part 2- 9/10

I thought part one was a little better.

The best Batman movie released that year.

Had an amazing soundtrack too.

http://youtu.be/iKHUF7e0hK0

RIDDICK
02-21-2015, 02:13 AM
DREDD - 8/10

Doesn't holds up as well as I'd like on the third viewing.
Some writing is very questionable, some scenes are dragging and could use more action, some minor characters terribly played.

Considering everyone involved, it's actually an awesome pilot of the TV show.
Too bad there will be no such show...

Ash Housewares
02-21-2015, 02:26 AM
I just this minute finished watching Batman Returns. Had never seen it all the way through before. Cringey dialog, lack of characterisation, little action, very un batmanesque Batman and pretty boring. Yeah I hated It. 4/10.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-21-2015, 07:11 AM
Sounds like a porn spoof... :monkey4

Anything higher than 4 is a crime against humanity! :monkey3
I actually did mention quite a few negatives. :lol

How 'bout we split the difference -- 5 / 10

Not sure if I wanna buy it either. I'd only consider it to support Spidey, being that he's been my fave since munchkinhood. :lol

CallMeTheDoctor
02-21-2015, 07:18 AM
:lol I gave ASM 2 an 8.5

VintijDroidGutzz
02-21-2015, 07:21 AM
There was a fair bit to enjoy there, in all fairness.

The only slight problem I have with Garfield sometimes though, is that he reminds me a little too much of EPII Haydekin.

Seriously. :lol

CallMeTheDoctor
02-21-2015, 07:37 AM
Yeah I can see that. I mean, some things I'd have been better off without like Rhino and Electro. If they went with just Harry and his transformation to Goblin, I'd have really loved that movie. I like the action and fx, and anything with Gwen was amazing.

I also think he was funny, I got a kick out of the part when she has the interview and he goes in impersonating a professor, cause get it? :lol

Idk I love Spidey, and the costume was cool, but I agree that Garfield had that Haydenkin to it.

Deckard
02-21-2015, 08:53 AM
I liked it too but now that they've abandoned any closure, it really feels strange to watch.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Yeah, the whole Marvel Studios thing. Looking forward to what that brings.

Some things really worked in Garfield's world though - stupid villains aside.

CallMeTheDoctor
02-21-2015, 09:56 AM
A proper ending would have been nice, though I consider that no hero film has concluded well, except for Nolan, because he knew it was to come. He kind of left it open so that if people build from it; they could. Though Spider-Man 3 and ASM2 just ended, not really properly.

Like you said Droid, it'll be cool to see what Marvel brings, but still would've liked an ending with Garfield still. Shame, oh well, at least we can still expect another Spidey within the next 2 years.

cmiller99
02-21-2015, 05:59 PM
License to Kill - 7/10. Didn't like it as much as The Living Daylights. Some of the darker stuff was a bit overdone, with some stuff that bordered on the ridiculousness of the late Roger Moore era.

02-21-2015, 06:29 PM
The best Batman movie released that year.

Had an amazing soundtrack too.

http://youtu.be/iKHUF7e0hK0

Yeah, the music was good. I love the theme, especially when Batman beats the Mutant Leader, and he breaks his legs

Brainiac
02-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Batman and Robin 10/10 as Good as ever :clap

:lol jk
Hunger Games MockingJay PT1
decent movie, probably shouldnt have been split but whatever....... 7/10

Centurion
02-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Batman and Robin 10/10 as Good as ever :clap

:lol jk

Definitely no where near a 10. :lol

CallMeTheDoctor
02-21-2015, 07:52 PM
It's a 10 for a Razzie.

Khev
02-21-2015, 09:52 PM
Troll Hunter 7.5/10

I've avoided all found footage films since Cloverfield but I watched this one and found it very entertaining!

Cixx
02-21-2015, 10:30 PM
John Wick 7.5/10 refreshing

EVILFACE
02-21-2015, 10:58 PM
I relish lost footage flicks.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-22-2015, 12:43 AM
Troll Hunter 7.5/10

I've avoided all found footage films since Cloverfield but I watched this one and found it very entertaining!

Is that the foreign film you're talking about? I caught a bit of it a while ago.. good effects.

Khev
02-22-2015, 12:47 AM
Is that the foreign film you're talking about? I caught a bit of it a while ago.. good effects.

Yep. Filmed in Norway. Very well done.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-22-2015, 12:52 AM
I'm not sure how far in it is - but that confrontation on the bridge scene was pretty cool, in a LOTR1 troll in the cave kinda way.

Centurion
02-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Yep. Filmed in Norway. Very well done.

Yeah I was surprised by this one.
Watched it a couple years ago just to help lull me to sleep one night. I ended up staying awake for the whole thing. 7/10.

Centurion
02-22-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure how far in it is - but that confrontation on the bridge scene was pretty cool, in a LOTR1 troll in the cave kinda way.
Yes! That scene was awesome. Very suspenseful at first then becomes very intense.

wanderlai
02-22-2015, 12:20 PM
The Homesman 7/10

Henry Morgan*
02-22-2015, 12:27 PM
Troll Hunter 7.5/10

Thats a high score for that movie imo. I just wish the trolls didn't look like cartoons

Khev
02-22-2015, 12:35 PM
I watched two blasts from the past with week on their latest blu-rays: JAWS and Back to the Future.

BTTF really needs to be added to the "perfect" list of JAWS, Raiders, and FOTR. There's absolutely no fat in the movie. Every scene perfectly interconnects with not only the next but often as an amusingly clever reference to either parallel events in the future/past or to real life history/current events. It still plays just as well today as it did in 1985 because instead of it being a contemporary film/nostalgic 50's tale it's now a nostalgic 80's/50's story. How did they squeeze in two climaxes, of damn near equal excitement, centered around George pushing a bully off of Lorraine? And both moments were within like five minutes of each other! :lol But it was perfect. I got goosebumps when he punched Biff and then again when he pushed the bully down and the music swelled as he kissed Lorraine and Marty regained his strength. And neither was the "real" climax of the movie!

And the whole ordeal with Doc trying to re-attach the cables as Marty dealt with his own difficulties in getting the car started and across the line in time has got to be, bar none, one of the most exciting moments in cinema history. Seriously. The freaking music, the editing, the close-ups of the lightning rod, Doc figuring out how to get back down, the shots of the lightning starting to strike around the tower, I pretty much have goosebumps typing it out right now.

Don't even get me started on the score which practically makes the movie on it's own. And I know this next part will ruffle some feathers but I don't consider this film part of a trilogy. The next two films just sucked in comparison to this. I kept remembering that when Biff stands so tall in front of Marty in the diner that when they did that in Part 2 or 3 they added little cartoony sound effects to stuff like that. Stupid. And Claudia Wells IS Marty's girlfriend. Period. I can't ever stand seeing Elisabeth Shue with "Claudia Wells" hair. It's just weird. Anyway, I could go off about Part 2 and 3 but I won't. As far as I'm concerned BTTF ends with you just imagining what Marty and Doc's further adventures through time would be like.

Brainiac
02-22-2015, 01:54 PM
oh I just watched JAWS a few days ago on Bluray... great movie :clap Loved it 10/10

marker2037
02-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Kingsman - 6.5/10 Pretty decent.

Cocoboloboy
02-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Back to the Future - 9/10

BTTF2 - 5/10

Ironically I watched both today before seeing Khev's review and couldn't agree more with his comments. I hadn't seen either in years and BTTF was just as awesome as ever while part two was awful compared to how I remembered it, almost hard to watch even. I didn't bother popping in BTTF3 which I never cared for anyways.

Plastic Bateman
02-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Yeah, the music was good. I love the theme, especially when Batman beats the Mutant Leader, and he breaks his legs

I don't know if you've read the comic, but in that he didn't stop with the leg.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-23-2015, 06:47 AM
I've been catching up a bit lately - two recent ones knocked off my list:

The Punisher (1989) -- 7 / 10

Well. :lol I expected to be groaning all the way through this, but I was pleasantly surprised to be honest. Sure, it's 80s schlock served up nice & cheesy, but man - Dolph was a mean ****er in this version, & was perfectly cast I think. Had they given him a better production to be a part of, his take on Castle would've been dare I say.. iconic. He doesn't wear the skull insignia (ok they're on his knives), the back story is a quick blur, & a lot of corners are cut to move the pace along, but I really dug it.

I liked the Yakuza element, & his looney tune wannabe thespian sidekick. I also didn't realize that it was filmed partly in Sydney too! The film's vibe was bleak & dirty, & it worked well IMO. I'm definitely going to hunt this down to buy. I've seen the 2004 Thomas Jane film, & I didn't like it at all. I can't stand Travolta at the best of times, but he was a miscast in that - & needless to say, I liked the 1989 film much more. Still haven't seen 'War Zone'.. but I'll get around to it. Apparently it does Castle justice, but the rest is a comical mess.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier -- 8.5 / 10

This was a solid flick - G-Zuss! I loved it, the whole thing. Took me long enough to get around to watching it, but wow!

One thing I will say though, is that if I never see Scarlett Johanssen again, it'll be too soon. :lol

K07
02-23-2015, 07:23 AM
The Rocketeer - 6.5/10

Eh, I wanted to love this but I found it a bit boring. Maybe my expectations were set too high? There wasn't enough action in it and the "reveal" for the villain at the end took too long to happen. I expected a larger Nazi presence in this. I think I prefer Sky Captain to this as far as sci-fi action/adventure serial homages go.

Brainiac
02-23-2015, 07:43 AM
One thing I will say though, is that if I never see Scarlett Johanssen again, it'll be too soon. :lol

:horror:horror:horror

Michael Crawford
02-23-2015, 08:08 AM
Odd Thomas - 7/10. I really wish this had done well, since I enjoy the books and think that had they got past the first one (which is admittedly the weakest), they could have built a decent franchise. I also like Yelchin as the lead, but I suspect that most viewers won't like the end. They did manage to capture the quirky tone of the character and writing though, which is tough to do.

Reinhardt
02-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Odd Thomas - 7/10. I really wish this had done well, since I enjoy the books and think that had they got past the first one (which is admittedly the weakest), they could have built a decent franchise. I also like Yelchin as the lead, but I suspect that most viewers won't like the end. They did manage to capture the quirky tone of the character and writing though, which is tough to do.

I never read the books, but enjoyed the film even though it followed a pretty predictable plot. Agreed, Yelchin was good.

Mad Old Lu
02-23-2015, 10:42 AM
I watched two blasts from the past with week on their latest blu-rays: JAWS and Back to the Future.

BTTF really needs to be added to the "perfect" list of JAWS, Raiders, and FOTR. There's absolutely no fat in the movie. Every scene perfectly interconnects with not only the next but often as an amusingly clever reference to either parallel events in the future/past or to real life history/current events. It still plays just as well today as it did in 1985 because instead of it being a contemporary film/nostalgic 50's tale it's now a nostalgic 80's/50's story. How did they squeeze in two climaxes, of damn near equal excitement, centered around George pushing a bully off of Lorraine? And both moments were within like five minutes of each other! :lol But it was perfect. I got goosebumps when he punched Biff and then again when he pushed the bully down and the music swelled as he kissed Lorraine and Marty regained his strength. And neither was the "real" climax of the movie!

And the whole ordeal with Doc trying to re-attach the cables as Marty dealt with his own difficulties in getting the car started and across the line in time has got to be, bar none, one of the most exciting moments in cinema history. Seriously. The freaking music, the editing, the close-ups of the lightning rod, Doc figuring out how to get back down, the shots of the lightning starting to strike around the tower, I pretty much have goosebumps typing it out right now.

Don't even get me started on the score which practically makes the movie on it's own. And I know this next part will ruffle some feathers but I don't consider this film part of a trilogy. The next two films just sucked in comparison to this. I kept remembering that when Biff stands so tall in front of Marty in the diner that when they did that in Part 2 or 3 they added little cartoony sound effects to stuff like that. Stupid. And Claudia Wells IS Marty's girlfriend. Period. I can't ever stand seeing Elisabeth Shue with "Claudia Wells" hair. It's just weird. Anyway, I could go off about Part 2 and 3 but I won't. As far as I'm concerned BTTF ends with you just imagining what Marty and Doc's further adventures through time would be like.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Khev again.

I pretty much agree 100% with your assessment of BTTF. I watched that movie so many times growing up when it was on cable I can pretty much recite the entire thing. I agree about Claudia Wells. As much as I love Elisabeth Shue (because I do!), no one could replace CW. And I never really liked the sequels. I found the 2nd one interesting because it was a movie built around another movie, seeing the same events from an outsider point of view. It's an interesting concept. But it and number 3 just don't hold a candle to the brilliance of the first one. I also think the 2 sequels suffer greatly from not having Crispin Glover. He was a huge reason why the first one is so good. I really wish they would release the footage of Eric Stoltz as Marty. I would love to see it. I can actually see that movie working, even though obviously everyone involved didn't think so.

The one thing that always bothered me about BTTF was that yes, we knew the exact minute when the lightning was going to hit the clocktower, but we didn't know the second! 60 seconds is a very long span of time especially for lightning to travel. The clock should have had a second hand for the whole thing to be more precise. Hell, even within a second you could have missed the lightning! :lol

Khev
02-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Ha ha, right on about not knowing the second. Heck technically they could have even gotten the second right but not the exact millisecond that the car hit the wire going 88 mph. :lol

But hey, for whatever reason Doc assumed that at "precisely 10:04 pm" the lightning would strike. Maybe the minute hand was just barely over the "4" spot in the picture of the broken clock so they assumed that the lightning struck right as it was changing. Works for me. :lol

And I forgot about no Glover in the sequels. Definitely a big step down in the overall cast.

And yeah, I also watched the hell out of BTTF all throughout the second half of the 80's on VHS to the point where revisiting it again years later I could still quote most of the movie and even anticipate little continuity errors and things (like the dangling plug on the clock tower that is swinging in one shot and hanging still in the shot right before.)

CallMeTheDoctor
02-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Kingsman: The Secret Service 9/10

Bloody ****ing good movie. Absolutely loved it, classy but gory as all ****! It's the John Wick of 2015 so far for me.

cmiller99
02-23-2015, 10:43 PM
Two days ago I saw the final cut of Blade Runner in the theatre as part of a "Vintage Classics" program put on by a nearby cinema.

Visually, this is one of the best movies I have seen in the cinema. It's a beautiful looking movie, and all of the stunning details on the cityscapes and vehicle miniatures and the gloomy, rainy atmosphere make for a truly remarkable viewing experience. All the effects are seamless - there wasn't a single moment that I was taken out of the movie by a bad effect.

The story and themes are intriguing and memorable, the acting top notch and the Vangelis score perfect for the movie. And Rutger Hauer's monologue is incredible.

I love Alien and Gladiator, but in my opinion this is Scott's best film.

I might give this a 10/10.

Plastic Bateman
02-24-2015, 02:32 AM
I love Alien and Gladiator, but in my opinion this is Scott's best film.

That's not how you spell 'The Duellists' :lol

http://youtu.be/LOcxnQRUhMM

I do love Blade Runner and Alien, but this just edges it for me as Scott's best. Which is bad, because it was also his first :slap

cmiller99
02-24-2015, 03:11 AM
I haven't seen the Duellists, though I have heard it's good. I'll watch it soon.

Plastic Bateman
02-24-2015, 03:13 AM
I haven't seen the Duellists, though I have heard it's good. I'll watch it soon.

Seriously underrated movie and a feast for the eyes. If you have any interest in the Napoleonic period, you'll love it to bits.

YankeesFanboy
02-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Nightcrawler - 90/100. Evocative of Taxi Driver, but Louis Bloom's even less redeemable than Travis Bickle. An excellent movie.

Snake Plissken
02-24-2015, 07:08 PM
HBO Oz - 8.5/10

GeneralZodLives
02-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Love Oz until the last season. Got a little too crazy. The first couple seasons are fantastic.

02-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Being There- 9/10

karamazov80
02-24-2015, 10:31 PM
The Visitor (1979): 6.5/10

One of those wacky Italian horrorish movies from this era, that are technically very well done, but with a story that is beyond incomprehensible, really only serving as a means of setting up crazy ****ing visuals. But the mood and visuals were very good, and the performances were better than average for this sort of thing. Some outstanding directors in John Huston and Sam Peckinpah had acting roles in this one. Here is a taste of what this movie was all about:

http://i.imgur.com/LfS49lH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q57GB6F.jpg

Not bad, As far as films with a bird pecking someone's eye out go.

Khev
02-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Whiplash 8.5/10

Very solid movie. I can definitely see why JK Simmons got the Oscar. So many great dramas last year.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-24-2015, 11:52 PM
Sounds like if you're a musician, you'd dig that one especially.

EVILFACE
02-25-2015, 12:00 AM
The Visitor (1979): 6.5/10

One of those wacky Italian horrorish movies from this era, that are technically very well done, but with a story that is beyond incomprehensible, really only serving as a means of setting up crazy ****ing visuals. But the mood and visuals were very good, and the performances were better than average for this sort of thing. Some outstanding directors in John Huston and Sam Peckinpah had acting roles in this one. Here is a taste of what this movie was all about:

http://i.imgur.com/LfS49lH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q57GB6F.jpg

Not bad, As far as films with a bird pecking someone's eye out go.

Caught that a few weeks ago. Little girl was a beoch!

Snake Plissken
02-25-2015, 05:04 AM
Love Oz until the last season. Got a little too crazy. The first couple seasons are fantastic.

Yeah the show really went into unrealistic story lines big time.

Karnis
02-25-2015, 05:52 AM
Whiplash 9/10 outstanding movie

Uncanny Web-Slinger
02-25-2015, 08:49 AM
Bad Boys - 8/10 one of the few good Bay movies

mah45
02-25-2015, 06:30 PM
How To Train Your Dragon 2 - 10/10
Annabelle - 5/10

Khev
02-25-2015, 10:46 PM
Gone Girl 8/10

That was messed up. Good, but messed up. :lol

Deckard
02-25-2015, 11:02 PM
Parks and Recs - 8/10

One of the more enjoyable binges recently.

K07
02-26-2015, 09:11 AM
Parks and Recs - 8/10

When does it get good? I watched a whole season and thought it felt forced and stupid. I can't stand Amy Poehler's character and everytime I see that pudgy bum on crutches, I dread that he might be the next Indy....

I liked the first several seasons of the Office and I loved 30 Rock. I feel I'm supposed to like this one too but can't get into it.

Centurion
02-26-2015, 10:32 AM
How To Train Your Dragon 2 - 10/10
Annabelle - 5/10
I was really disappointed by Annabelle too. All the same scare tactics and the story was weak.

02-26-2015, 11:26 AM
The Lost Boys - 6/10

American Psycho - 7.5/10

I liked both films.

meanstreak
02-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Birdman - 8/10
St Vincent - 6/10

mah45
02-26-2015, 03:54 PM
Appleseed: Alpha 8/10

RIDDICK
02-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Galaxy Quest - 8/10

CallMeTheDoctor
02-26-2015, 06:06 PM
Parks and Recs - 8/10

I had only seen about 4 episodes of the first season, and I just started to binge this. Got to 516 in just 2 and a half days! :thud:

Absolutely cannot wait for a hopefully blu ray boxset! :rock

When does it get good? I watched a whole season and thought it felt forced and stupid. I can't stand Amy Poehler's character and everytime I see that pudgy bum on crutches, I dread that he might be the next Indy....

I liked the first several seasons of the Office and I loved 30 Rock. I feel I'm supposed to like this one too but can't get into it.

Honestly, I really started to enjoy it after a few episodes of season 2. I wasn't originally a fan of Poehler's character but I have to say she is certainly a favorite. I love Pratt as Andy, and I love Offerman and Plaza as well.

I too couldn't take Andy seriously as Starlord or a potential Indy, but after seeing him as Emmett in Lego and just his overall character, I love him. And you do notice how Poehler and Pratt lose plenty of weight over time.

30 Rock is solid for me, I'd have to say Parks tops that for me, but Office was a damn fine kick.

I recommend you keep seeing it for at least til season 2 and some.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-26-2015, 09:41 PM
Galaxy Quest - 8/10
Great movie - brilliant in fact. :duff

Deckard
02-26-2015, 11:22 PM
I had only seen about 4 episodes of the first season, and I just started to binge this. Got to 516 in just 2 and a half days! :thud:

Absolutely cannot wait for a hopefully blu ray boxset! :rock

Honestly, I really started to enjoy it after a few episodes of season 2. I wasn't originally a fan of Poehler's character but I have to say she is certainly a favorite. I love Pratt as Andy, and I love Offerman and Plaza as well.

I too couldn't take Andy seriously as Starlord or a potential Indy, but after seeing him as Emmett in Lego and just his overall character, I love him. And you do notice how Poehler and Pratt lose plenty of weight over time.

30 Rock is solid for me, I'd have to say Parks tops that for me, but Office was a damn fine kick.

I recommend you keep seeing it for at least til season 2 and some.

About a year ago, I watched about 6 episodes of Season 1 and gave up. Literally everyone will tell you the same thing, this show didn't find it's footing until Season 2. So glad I gave it another chance thanks to the marathon on Esquire. As someone else said, where The Office got more annoying and characters became less interesting as the show progressed, this was the exact opposite. It just kept getting better.

RIDDICK
02-27-2015, 01:24 AM
Great movie - brilliant in fact. :duff
It's very 90s, maybe even too 90s, with that cheap childish feel...
But it's extremely good at dealing with several themes through the entire run time.
Nice to know that there's a movie about everlasting franchise and its crazy fan base which isn't offensive in any way.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-27-2015, 04:41 AM
Nice to know that there's a movie about everlasting franchise and its crazy fan base which isn't offensive in any way.
You mean like..

"The People Vs George Lucas" ?? :lol

GeneralZodLives
02-27-2015, 06:32 AM
St. Vincent: 6/10
Birdman: 8.5/10
Divergent: ugh, couldn't make myself watch the entire thing 0/10

EVILFACE
02-27-2015, 06:47 AM
V/H/S Viral - 4/10 - I really like the first two V/H/S flicks. But this one sucks. The bookend story was awful. Only segment I liked was the skater one.

Khev
02-27-2015, 07:29 AM
Divergent: ugh, couldn't make myself watch the entire thing 0/10

Yeah, I had free HBO for a weekend so I DVR'd it. It doesn't get better by the end. The whole concept is just so stupid. The trailers make her seem like she's "The One" like Neo or something but when you watch the movie you find out that the government is terrified of her because she has the ability to be a teacher, doctor, policeman, lawyer, or social worker. Oh noes! She's all powerful! Huh?

So she's going to use her power of choosing what she wants to be when she grows up to take over the world? Okay. :cuckoo:

Brainiac
02-27-2015, 07:43 AM
It's very 90s, maybe even too 90s, with that cheap childish feel...
But it's extremely good at dealing with several themes through the entire run time.

Nailed it! Love that movie... :clap