PDA

View Full Version : RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196

CriterionCollector
01-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Frank - 8.5/10

I'd rate it a bit lower, 7 out of 10 maybe. Fassbender was particularly awesome though especially at the end. What's with Magge Gyllenhaal though. Shes 5 months younger than me but she looks like she's in her 50s.

Brainiac
01-13-2015, 05:54 PM
I don't know some scenes are super stupid, some pretty bad acting, and monotonous for some. Only good things that came out of it was JJJ, Dafoe as Gobby, and some of Spidey's swinging scenes.

Mind you this was my first CBM and as a kid I loved it. Spidey also being a personal favorite hero, but after seeing it again after a while, it doesn't hold up for me.

I tried watching the first movie a while back... I couldn't get through it... I used to enjoy them movies, but like you said, it does not hold up

Uncanny Web-Slinger
01-13-2015, 06:04 PM
I tried watching the first movie a while back... I couldn't get through it... I used to enjoy them movies, but like you said, it does not hold up

Only thing that doesn't hold up is the action in the first as it was too grounded and not acrobatic enough for the character.

Spider-Man 2 fixed that.

To this day Spider-Man still has the most brutal one on one fight in a CBM I can think of. Spidey takes a true beating and is bloodied as hell in the final fight.

GasparZizou
01-13-2015, 11:27 PM
The Matrix 9/10 love this movie.

Reinhardt
01-14-2015, 04:35 AM
Edge of tomorrow 9/10: this was a surprisingly fantastic film. The trailers for this film did not do it justice as I felt from the trailers that I'd watched the whole movie, but in seeing it, this was not the case at all.

Snake Plissken
01-14-2015, 04:39 AM
Only thing that doesn't hold up is the action in the first as it was too grounded and not acrobatic enough for the character.

Spider-Man 2 fixed that.

To this day Spider-Man still has the most brutal one on one fight in a CBM I can think of. Spidey takes a true beating and is bloodied as hell in the final fight.

I love that final fight. It's the worst beating he's ever had in any film.

ChaserFan
01-14-2015, 05:26 AM
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 9/10

American History X - 8/10

Godzilla (2014) - 8.5/10

threedaytorture
01-14-2015, 05:29 AM
Equalizer 9/10 (I really love these kind of movies)

VintijDroidGutzz
01-14-2015, 06:15 AM
I caught Evil Dead II for the first time tonight, after all these years. :lol

4 / 10

I haven't seen the first one either, so I probably should've watched that first, but apparently the sequel recaps the events of the first well enough at the beginning to get up to speed anyway. Overall I thought EDII was pretty stupid to be honest. I liked the comic book vibe Raimi was going for, Ash as the reluctant hero, some of the cinematography & practical effects, but I just thought a lot of it was long winded & dumb. The humor didn't grab me either.

The end where it sets up things for 'Army Of Darkness' could've come from Monty Python. :lol

RIDDICK
01-14-2015, 06:48 AM
Evil Dead II - 4 / 10

http://media.giphy.com/media/17o8reaJUzmmc/giphy.gif

Snake Plissken
01-14-2015, 06:58 AM

4 / 10

I haven't seen the first one either, so I probably should've watched that first, but apparently the sequel recaps the events of the first well enough at the beginning to get up to speed anyway. Overall I thought EDII was pretty stupid to be honest. I liked the comic book vibe Raimi was going for, Ash as the reluctant hero, some of the cinematography & practical effects, but I just thought a lot of it was long winded & dumb. The humor didn't grab me either.

The end where it sets up things for 'Army Of Darkness' could've come from Monty Python. :lol

http://i.imgur.com/0DCQxc4.gif

VintijDroidGutzz
01-14-2015, 07:06 AM
I thought I'd cop some backlash. :lol

Deal. :moon

Snake Plissken
01-14-2015, 07:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/A45XflO.gif

RIDDICK
01-14-2015, 07:12 AM
Deal. :moon

http://media.giphy.com/media/pFLihZqfx3YB2/giphy.gif

VintijDroidGutzz
01-14-2015, 07:21 AM
:lol

I wanted to like it, especially after hearing so much about how this series is so beloved. Bruce Campbell is great - he is, & as I said, some of the visuals & effects were cool too, but I just didn't like the film.

Snake Plissken
01-14-2015, 07:25 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/pFLihZqfx3YB2/giphy.gif

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Solidus
01-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Only 4/10? Klaatu verata oh **** :monkey1

VintijDroidGutzz
01-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Ok, maybe 4.5 :lol

RIDDICK
01-14-2015, 07:37 AM
I wanted to like it, especially after hearing so much about how this series is so beloved. Bruce Campbell is great - he is, & as I said, some of the visuals & effects were cool too, but I just didn't like the film.
:duff It's ok, just messin' with ya.

I may actually be a little biased when it comes to Raimi's.
His style is unique and I really love what he does, even if its not that great.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/kip_yes.gif

Our strategy worked, fellas!

Henry Morgan*
01-14-2015, 07:41 AM

:lol:rotfl

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/amanda-seyfried-laugh-reaction-gif-in-mean-girls.gif

And I was just thinking about watching that movie tonight, oh well... I'll choose another one :lol

EVILFACE
01-14-2015, 07:53 AM

4 / 10

I don't understand.

http://i.imgur.com/A45XflO.gif

Too bad AOD becomes meh after getting the book..........

Snake Plissken
01-14-2015, 08:00 AM
I don't understand.

Too bad AOD becomes meh after getting the book..........

It does become a completely different movie after that. I hope this TV show is more in tune with EDII.

pturtle
01-14-2015, 09:09 AM
The Matrix 9/10 love this movie.

It's my favorite science fiction movie of all time, and in my top 3 greatest movies ever.

VintijDroidGutzz
01-14-2015, 10:32 AM
:duff It's ok, just messin' with ya.

I may actually be a little biased when it comes to Raimi's.
His style is unique and I really love what he does, even if its not that great.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/kip_yes.gif

Our strategy worked, fellas!
:lol Glad to be of help.

And I was just thinking about watching that movie tonight, oh well... I'll choose another one :lol
Hey - you might dig it, wasn't my thing though.

I don't understand.
Apparently I don't either. :lol

rushmore223
01-14-2015, 11:11 AM
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 9/10

American History X - 8/10

Godzilla (2014) - 8.5/10

I think I would have rather watched Brian Cranston stomping aroud pretending to be Godzilla ;)

ChaserFan
01-14-2015, 04:15 PM
I think I would have rather watched Brian Cranston stomping aroud pretending to be Godzilla ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'd totally watch that too :lol

YankeesFanboy
01-14-2015, 04:20 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'd totally watch that too :lol

Who wouldn't? :lol

http://media.giphy.com/media/7QY5exgyuFHeo/giphy.gif

As funny as he was in Malcolm, I'm glad he got to play Walter White. Role of a lifetime.

slipknotpredator
01-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Fury

A great war movie. With lots of cliches, but the action is so damn good!

The Tiger tank is a beast!

8/10

GasparZizou
01-14-2015, 04:55 PM
It's my favorite science fiction movie of all time, and in my top 3 greatest movies ever.
Well, it does have an awesome message.

Matrix Reloaded 8/10 Action is amazing, dat freeway chase scene, and I love Neo flying bits.

mah45
01-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Monuments Men - This movie bored alot of my friends, but i really enjoyed it as it is based on a true story.

Solidus
01-14-2015, 05:29 PM

Well, it does have an awesome message.

Matrix Reloaded 8/10 Action is amazing, dat freeway chase scene, and I love Neo flying bits.

Have you guys seen The Animatrix? Such an amazing prequel.

batfan08
01-14-2015, 05:35 PM
The Twilight Zone-9/10

"You want to see something reeeeeeeeallly scary?"

pturtle
01-14-2015, 05:55 PM

Yup, I own the Ultimate Matrix Collectors Edition haha.

It's a shame we never got more stories in this form, the franchise as whole is pretty dead now, but this series has so much potential, even the comics were great.

karamazov80
01-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Frank: 7.5/10

GasparZizou
01-14-2015, 10:48 PM
I don't own it, but they aired it on TV when I was a kid in a Matrix special, I don't remember a lot of it, but I do remember I liked it a lot.

Jameson Rook
01-14-2015, 11:24 PM
Only seen The Matrix once or twice, never saw the third movie or the Animatrix. I heard it's symbolic and means stuff..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQHCEUvc4Q0

ChaserFan
01-15-2015, 12:53 AM
The Imitation Game - 9.5/10

Solidus
01-15-2015, 03:16 AM
Yup, I own the Ultimate Matrix Collectors Edition haha.

It's a shame we never got more stories in this form, the franchise as whole is pretty dead now, but this series has so much potential, even the comics were great.

Man, I need to get the films on Blu Ray. The Animatrix had so many interesting short stories, that could have made some great movies. But, I think what's truly a shame, was that the trilogy ended the way it did with Revolutions. This series really deserves another trilogy.

I don't own it, but they aired it on TV when I was a kid in a Matrix special, I don't remember a lot of it, but I do remember I liked it a lot.

Watch it again! :horror The Second Renaissance will especially keep you awake at night...

Only seen The Matrix once or twice, never saw the third movie or the Animatrix. I heard it's symbolic and means stuff..

Hey! I love the Martix! :monkey4

Mr. Algia Critic brings some good points, though. There were so many, but a few of them stood out for me. When I first saw the movie back in 98, it was immediately noticeable how Trinity was as interesting as cardboard. The entire "I love you scene" was definitely forced (in every sense of the word) because there was an obvious lack of chemistry between her and Neo in the entire film.

Also, the Agents lost track of people way too easily, when they're supposed to see the entire Matrix as code. So, with that said, couldn't they have just located Neo by seeing his "code" through the cubicle wall?

There were certainly some things that could have been done better. But, overall, it was a fantastic action movie that genuinely attempted break the fourth-wall with a practical philosophical discourse on Socrates' "Cave" analogy from "The Republic". I thought the special effects were also pretty advanced for the time, too (gotta LOVE those bullet time scenes :drool).

As for Mr. Alria Critic's last question, about, "what's the purpose of the Matrix?". Why couldn't the machines have just lobotomized everyone to harness their body energy, without putting them in a perpetual dream state? Well, the Second Renaissance I and II from The Animatrix pretty much answers that. When the AIs became advanced and self-aware, they manufactured more of their own kind, and they built a huge metropolis for themselves. But, they essentially wanted two things: (1) For the U.N to recognize their newly founded nation, and (2) To live in peace, side-by-side with humans. However, long story short, humanity couldn't accept the machines as sentient beings, and it eventually lead to a very gruesome war, that the machines won.

But, the key take-away from this, is that the machines always wanted to live in peace with humanity - they were never the aggressors. And all things considered, they created the Matrix as the only practical way for them and humans to co-exist. Sure, they did trap everyone inside of artificial wombs, to harness their body heat. But, the artificial world of Matrix isn't really a bad place at all, depending on one's perspective :lol.

Jameson Rook
01-15-2015, 03:36 AM
Man, I need to get the films on Blu Ray. The Animatrix had so many interesting short stories, that could have made some great movies. But, I think what's truly a shame, was that the trilogy ended the way it did with Revolutions. This series really deserves another trilogy.

Watch it again! :horror The Second Renaissance will especially keep you awake at night...

Mr. Algia Critic brings some good points, though. There were so many, but a few of them stood out for me. When I first saw the movie back in 98, it was immediately noticeable how Trinity was as interesting as cardboard. The entire "I love you scene" was definitely forced (in every sense of the word) because there was an obvious lack of chemistry between her and Neo in the entire film.

Also, the Agents lost track of people way too easily, when they're supposed to see the entire Matrix as code. So, with that said, couldn't they have just located Neo by seeing his "code" through the cubicle wall?

There were certainly some things that could have been done better. But, overall, it was a fantastic action movie that genuinely attempted break the fourth-wall with a practical philosophical discourse on Socrates' "Cave" analogy from "The Republic". I thought the special effects were also pretty advanced for the time, too (gotta LOVE those bullet time scenes :drool).

As for Mr. Alria Critic's last question, about, "what's the purpose of the Matrix?". Why couldn't the machines have just lobotomized everyone to harness their body energy, without putting them in a perpetual dream state? Well, the Second Renaissance I and II from The Animatrix pretty much answers that. When the AIs became advanced and self-aware, they manufactured more of their own kind, and they built a huge metropolis for themselves. But, they essentially wanted two things: (1) For the U.N to recognize their newly founded nation, and (2) To live in peace, side-by-side with humans. However, long story short, humanity couldn't accept the machines as sentient beings, and it eventually lead to a very gruesome war, that the machines won.

But, the key take-away from this, is that the machines always wanted to live in peace with humanity - they were never the aggressors. And all things considered, they created the Matrix as the only practical way for them and humans to co-exist. Sure, they did trap everyone inside of artificial wombs, to harness their body heat. But, the artificial world of Matrix isn't really a bad place at all, depending on one's perspective :lol.

Well, I do have to catch up on these Matrix movies. My only real criticism of the movies based off my really limited knowledge of them is how nauseatingly tinted the visuals are, I feel nauseous with all the green. The other would be how serious these characters take themselves.

I think I should get the blu ray set, just to see what I've been missing. Was there any word of a sequel to the third movie?

Anyway, Mr. Algia Critic is covering the whole series this month, I wonder if I should watch them without seeing the movies first?

Solidus
01-15-2015, 03:47 AM
Well, I do have to catch up on these Matrix movies. My only real criticism of the movies based off my really limited knowledge of them is how nauseatingly tinted the visuals are, I feel nauseous with all the green. The other would be how serious these characters take themselves.

I think I should get the blu ray set, just to see what I've been missing. Was there any word of a sequel to the third movie?

Anyway, Mr. Algia Critic is covering the whole series this month, I wonder if I should watch them without seeing the movies first?

No kidding, the main colors for the visuals were black and green for some reason, I never understood why. And like Mr. Algia Critic said, there's definitely a lot of "Nolaning" going on with the character monologues. It gets even worse (horribly worse) with the second movie, Reloaded. But, I give it a pass, because it's mostly the machines doing the long-winded talking, and being non-human entities (that don't talk the way we do) they can be as patronizing as they want :lol.

If I have to sum it up: the first two movies are great, Revolutions was a terrible conclusion, and The Animatrix was the best thing since sliced bread. I'd say you should definitely give them a watch before looking at Mr. Algia Critic's reviews (just to avoid spoilers).

I'm not sure if a sequel is still planned by The Wachowski Brothers (f political correctness)...

Jameson Rook
01-15-2015, 04:06 AM
No kidding, the main colors for the visuals were black and green for some reason, I never understood why. And like Mr. Algia Critic said, there's definitely a lot of "Nolaning" going on with the character monologues. It gets even worse (horribly worse) with the second movie, Reloaded. But, I give it a pass, because it's mostly the machines doing the long-winded talking, and being non-human entities (that don't talk the way we do) they can be as patronizing as they want :lol.

If I have to sum it up: the first two movies are great, Revolutions was a terrible conclusion, and The Animatrix was the best thing since sliced bread. I'd say you should definitely give them a watch before looking at Mr. Algia Critic's reviews (just to avoid spoilers).

I'm not sure if a sequel is still planned by The Wachowski Brothers (f political correctness)...

Well at least now I know what I'm in for. I'll definitely dig up the DVDs that I think I still have by this weekend then. Lastly, did the third movie killed the franchise or something? Nowadays I'm hard pressed to find hardcore fans, collectibles or 1/6 figures, continuations, nuthin. Why is that?

cmiller99
01-15-2015, 04:09 AM
well at least now i know what i'm in for. I'll definitely dig up the dvds that i think i still have by this weekend then. Lastly, did the third movie killed the franchise or something? Nowadays i'm hard pressed to find hardcore fans, collectibles or 1/6 figures, continuations, nuthin. Why is that?

Listen up Hot Toys!

cmiller99
01-15-2015, 04:11 AM
Spirited Away 10/10

The greatest praise that I can give this movie is that all I can think about is where that one way train went...

ChaserFan
01-15-2015, 06:39 AM
Fargo - 9.5/10

Gates70
01-15-2015, 07:25 AM

The visuals weren't all like that. Only in the Matrix. In the outside world they were normal.

karamazov80
01-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Falcon Rising: 7.5/10

Pleasantly surprised by this one. Jai White has the look and skills to be doing this in theatrical action flicks. Straightforward, satisfying action movie with a lot of the classic action movie cliches. He's an unbeatable former military badass with lots of baggage, and a sister who has to be avenged. Done pretty damn well all things considered, though of course, some shakycam that wasn't needed. I'm looking forward to the inevitable DTV sequel!

rushmore223
01-15-2015, 11:55 AM

And I thought I was alone all ths time. One difference between myself and the critic, is I Hate the Matrix.

Trash Panda
01-15-2015, 12:19 PM
Frozen - 3/10

GasparZizou
01-15-2015, 03:27 PM
Matrix Revolutions 8.5/10 Why does this have a 36 on RT again? :duh

geezus.

The Clown Prince of Crime
01-15-2015, 03:31 PM

geezus.

I like the whole trilogy and I thought part 2 and 3 were good. Maybe people were expecting something different? I know I was, but I can accept those films for what the are, not what I wanted them to be.

pturtle
01-15-2015, 04:30 PM

I get why most people hate Revolutions, but outside of a few badly acted scenes and at times giving too much camera time to characters that nobody cared about, I think it was an almost perfect ending to the trilogy. I love how it didn’t end like everyone wanted, or expected. The Wachowski’s should be commended by going with that ending, and sticking with their vision of the film.

Awesome breakdown of the Matrix by the way.

geezus.

Glad you enjoyed Gasp!

I just don’t get why people think its a bad movie, I can understand disappointing, or even not liking it based on the direction the Wachowski bros went in, but I don’t see whats bad about the movie. Sure, you have to watch it a few times to really understand what happened at the end, but everything was on par with Reloaded, the action, philosophical themes and questions, and unlike Reloaded it had an actual ending.

Eventually I hope the Wachowski Bros come back and make more films. I would love to see a prequel trilogy, or see what happened after Revolution’s ending with the Humans and Machines peace treaty.

The Rumors are that the Wachowski’s had to agree to make more Matrix films in order to get that insane budget for Jupiter Ascending. Hopefully thats true.

I like the whole trilogy and I thought part 2 and 3 were good. Maybe people were expecting something different? I know I was, but I can accept those films for what the are, not I wanted them to be.

This is exactly what I think turned people off to the sequels. There are movies that I don’t like but still recognize are good, most people associate not liking something with bad.

Solidus
01-15-2015, 05:33 PM
I get why most people hate Revolutions, but outside of a few badly acted scenes and at times giving too much camera time to characters that nobody cared about, I think it was an almost perfect ending to the trilogy. I love how it didn’t end like everyone wanted, or expected. The Wachowski’s should be commended by going with that ending, and sticking with their vision of the film.

Awesome breakdown of the Matrix by the way.

Glad you enjoyed Gasp!

I just don’t get why people think its a bad movie, I can understand disappointing, or even not liking it based on the direction the Wachowski bros went in, but I don’t see whats bad about the movie. Sure, you have to watch it a few times to really understand what happened at the end, but everything was on par with Reloaded, the action, philosophical themes and questions, and unlike Reloaded it had an actual ending.

Eventually I hope the Wachowski Bros come back and make more films. I would love to see a prequel trilogy, or see what happened after Revolution’s ending with the Humans and Machines peace treaty.

The Rumors are that the Wachowski’s had to agree to make more Matrix films in order to get that insane budget for Jupiter Ascending. Hopefully thats true.

This is exactly what I think turned people off to the sequels. There are movies that I don’t like but still recognize are good, most people associate not liking something with bad.

You know, that's actually a good point about the ending to Revolutions. Thinking back, it didn't do a bad job concluding the storyline, considering that the "peace treaty" alluded to the premise from The Second Renaissance. But, the parts that I really didn't enjoy, were the long, drawn-out scenes with the APUs and the 10,000,000,000 sentinels :lol.

I hope those rumors are true, though. This series really needs some love, because it has been neglected for far too long.

CallMeTheDoctor
01-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Another film based from Plissken's sigs. I decided to try Oldboy again (only saw about 8 minutes and totally forgot about it.)

But I got to say; was not what I expected. I have to go with a solid 9.5/10. Honestly I'd give it a perfect 10, but Mi-do is far too annoying.

May give the **** Lee version, but I may just stick with this one. :lol

01-15-2015, 10:17 PM
Another film based from Plissken's sigs. I decided to try Oldboy again (only saw about 8 minutes and totally forgot about it.)

But I got to say; was not what I expected. I have to go with a solid 9.5/10. Honestly I'd give it a perfect 10, but Mi-do is far too annoying.

May give the **** Lee version, but I may just stick with this one. :lol

You gave Oldboy a 9.5/10, but you only saw 8 minutes? So your score is higher than the amount of time you saw the film? :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
01-16-2015, 12:24 AM

geezus.
The Matrix series is one big lolfest as far as I'm concerned. :lol

I didn't mind the original film when it first came out. Hadn't seen it since - up until about a year ago, & it did nothing for me.

Back in the day, I took a girl to watch the second one, & we cracked up through most of it. Just completely stupid. :lol

I've seen the third one, but can't remember much, except for the scenes with those sentinel things chasing them down.. or whatever they're called.

ChaserFan
01-16-2015, 01:00 AM
[REC] 4: Apocalypse - 7/10

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 01:14 AM
The Matrix series is one big lolfest as far as I'm concerned. :lol

I didn't mind the original film when it first came out. Hadn't seen it since - up until about a year ago, & it did nothing for me.

Back in the day, I took a girl to watch the second one, & we cracked up through most of it. Just completely stupid. :lol

I've seen the third one, but can't remember much, except for the scenes with those sentinel things chasing them down.. or whatever they're called.

Why stupid though? Over the top? For sure, but the premise lends itself for over the top crap, it demands over the top, and it works.

Yup, although I did like all the scenes with the characters that no one cared, it was such an interesting world to see, and to see how humanity (and programs) lived, in fact, I believe many of the supporting characters throughout the trilogy had more personality than Neo and Trinity :lol I don't mind Neo not having a sparking personality though, and in Revolutions I finally believed Neo and Trinity cared for each other, in the 1st two movies nope, nothing, not a hint of chemistry.

Glad you enjoyed Gasp!

I agree with everything you said there.

I was curious to see Jupiter Ascending, because I loved Cloud Atlas so I may have to support JA to make the Wachowskis go back to Matrix, I don't care they ripped off Morrison, if he's ok with it, so am I :lol

I like the whole trilogy and I thought part 2 and 3 were good. Maybe people were expecting something different? I know I was, but I can accept those films for what the are, not what I wanted them to be.

I was way younger when I first saw them, so I wasn't expecting anything really, I liked them for the special FX and dumb stuff like that, but I re-watched all of them yesterday a little hesitant of the last 2 because all of the **** I've heard and loved all of them.

01-16-2015, 01:33 AM
I was way younger when I first saw them, so I wasn't expecting anything really, I liked them for the special FX and dumb stuff like that, but I re-watched all of them yesterday a little hesitant of the last 2 because all of the **** I've heard and loved all of them.

I still like all of them, but the first one is my favorite. The only thing that bothered me a little bit (which had to do with my own expectations, not the film's fault) was....(12 years spoiler ahead :lol) At the end of the first film, we see Neo with his new powers telling the Matrix or the architect,

""I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there, is a choice I leave to you." Then he puts on the sunglasses and flies away like Superman.

And I was like, whoa! He's going to wake people up because he's the one, and it's all part of the prophesy and blah blah blah...but that never happened :lol In part 2, he was still fighting new agents so his new powers were irrelevant again. Then, it turns out he wasn't the first chosen one? There were others before him? Then, the whole plot evolves into Neo fighting Smith again because he (Smith) was taking over the Matrix, so in the end Neo had to work with the Matrix and make a deal with it, therefore when he beats Smith again, the Matrix doesn't kill the humans in the underground city, which means everything stayed the same as it was before :lol That's my only issue, nothing changed in the end, and Neo (the one) never defeated the Matrix, like I thought he would.

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 01:47 AM
I still like all of them, but the first one is my favorite. The only thing that bothered me a little bit (which had to do with my own expectations not the film's fault) was....(12 years spoiler ahead :lol) At the end of the first film, we see Neo with his new powers telling the Matrix,

""I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there, is a choice I leave to you.".

And I was like, whoa! He's going to wake people up because he's the one, and it's all part of the prophesy and blah blah blah...but that never happened :lol In part 2, he was still fighting new agents so his new powers were irrelevant again. Then, it turns out he wasn't the first chosen one? There were others before him? Then, the whole plot evolves into Neo fighting Smith again because he was taking over the Matrix, so in the end Neo had to work with the Matrix and make a deal with it, therefore he beats Smith again, and the Matrix doesn't kill the humans in the underground city, which means everything stayed the same :lol That's my only issue, nothing changed in the end, and Neo (the one) never defeated the Matrix, like I thought he would.

Well, the fact that

He was not the "first" one is explained from the beginning of the 1st movie, also, he did save a **** ton of people, if I remember correctly, at the end of Revolutions, the architect said whatevernumber of crops were lost because of what Neo did, and that those people were going to be liberated.

That last speech was more towards the audience than towards the matrix methinks, 4th wall breaking, because he said that before he realized the true purpose of the one, which is keeping balance, this **** is just like Avatar :lol that's probably why I liked it so much.

But it didn't stay the same, the fact that Zion survived is a huge change, because Zion is destroyed time and time again and Neo was just there to balance himself out with Smith.

The fact that it ended in that unpredictable compared to what people were expecting, yet, concluding the trilogy in an awesome way is why I liked the sequels so much.

Plus I'm watching the animatrix and it's making me realize that the end of the war wasn't about destroying the machines, it was about making peace with them, aaand other stuff....

Jameson Rook
01-16-2015, 01:52 AM
Thanks for tagging the spoilers guys, I've yet to watch the 3rd one and forgotten most of the 2nd one. Catching up soon.

01-16-2015, 01:56 AM
Well, the fact that

He was not the "first" one is explained from the beginning of the 1st movie, also, he did save a **** ton of people, if I remember correctly, at the end of Revolutions, the architect said whatevernumber of crops were lost because of what Neo did, and that those people were going to be liberated.

That last speech was more towards the audience than towards the matrix methinks, 4th wall breaking, because he said that before he realized the true purpose of the one, which is keeping balance, this **** is just like Avatar :lol that's probably why I liked it so much.

But it didn't stay the same, the fact that Zion survived is a huge change, because Zion is destroyed time and time again and Neo was just there to balance himself out with Smith.

The fact that it ended in that unpredictable compared to what people were expecting, yet, concluding the trilogy in an awesome way is why I liked the sequels so much.

Plus I'm watching the animatrix and it's making me realize that the end of the war wasn't about destroying the machines, it was about making peace with them, aaand other stuff....

Well, I guess that changes everything. That was quick :lol

01-16-2015, 01:58 AM
Thanks for tagging the spoilers guys, I've yet to watch the 3rd one and forgotten most of the 2nd one. Catching up soon.

Then, you might want to stay away from this thread, since some people might not use the [spoiler warning].

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 01:59 AM
:duff

Let us now what you think, I truly believe Mr. Algia did no justice to the 1st movie, he was hilarious though.

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 02:04 AM
Well, I guess that changes everything. That was quick :lol
:lol lots of important exposure is done in the talk between the architect and Neo, and the last talk between the architect and the oracle.

But since the architect talks like a ****ing retard I think most people just sleep through it :lol I can understand that, but I like it myself, since he's a program he expresses himself with fancy words yet lacking the eloquence that a human being is capable of, I don't know if it was intentional or an accident but I liked that.

The same for Smith, Smith's a badass.

01-16-2015, 02:14 AM
:lol lots of important exposure is done in the talk between the architect and Neo, and the last talk between the architect and the oracle.

But since the architect talks like a ****ing retard I think most people just sleep through it :lol I can understand that, but I like it myself, since he's a program he expresses himself with fancy words yet lacking the eloquence that a human being is capable of, I don't know if it was intentional or an accident but I liked that.

The same for Smith, Smith's a badass.

Yeah, that must be it, but I'm not sure the whole Neo vs Smith and him coming back (which even they couldn't explain :lol) was necessary. Anyway, those films need some new merchandise. Some new figures would be nice. I'll take a neo from the first two films and Agent Smith for sure.

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 02:25 AM
I love all Neo's outfits, we definitely need figures of him and Smith, and Mouse, Mouse was awesome, while we're at it, the woman in red would be nice too :lol

actually smith did explain his return, after Neo beat him, he was supposed to go back to the source to be deleted but he didn't, he went back to destroy Neo a and life in general :lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

01-16-2015, 02:27 AM
Your [SPOILER warning] didn't work!! :gah::horror Ryan Pliskin is going to be pissed :lol

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 02:30 AM
Fixed :lol phew

01-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Fixed :lol phew

It's the Matrix! It's messing with you now...they're listening :horror I'm out of here :lol

http://i.imgur.com/04CIpHf.gif

Jameson Rook
01-16-2015, 03:15 AM
Your [SPOILER warning] didn't work!! :gah::horror Ryan Pliskin is going to be pissed :lol

That's okay, I'm outta here. Since this is a general movies board, I doubt it's cool to drop spoilers regardless of how old the movie in discussion is. Someone definitely should start a general Matrix thread.

CallMeTheDoctor
01-16-2015, 06:04 AM
You gave Oldboy a 9.5/10, but you only saw 8 minutes? So your score is higher than the amount of time you saw the film? :lol

Haha no I saw it a few years back, only got through 8 minutes. I decided to watch it all so I started it all over, and I finished it. :lol

pturtle
01-16-2015, 06:34 AM
I still like all of them, but the first one is my favorite. The only thing that bothered me a little bit (which had to do with my own expectations, not the film's fault) was....(12 years spoiler ahead :lol) At the end of the first film, we see Neo with his new powers telling the Matrix or the architect,

""I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there, is a choice I leave to you." Then he puts on the sunglasses and flies away like Superman.

And I was like, whoa! He's going to wake people up because he's the one, and it's all part of the prophesy and blah blah blah...but that never happened :lol In part 2, he was still fighting new agents so his new powers were irrelevant again. Then, it turns out he wasn't the first chosen one? There were others before him? Then, the whole plot evolves into Neo fighting Smith again because he (Smith) was taking over the Matrix, so in the end Neo had to work with the Matrix and make a deal with it, therefore when he beats Smith again, the Matrix doesn't kill the humans in the underground city, which means everything stayed the same as it was before :lol That's my only issue, nothing changed in the end, and Neo (the one) never defeated the Matrix, like I thought he would.

Actually that is what Neo was doing after The Matrix, I think Morpheus makes a reference to it in Reloaded which is why upgraded agents were made. I think Reloaded takes place 6 months after the first Matrix, and during that time Neo was going around waking up a bunch of sleepy heads.

And a lot changed at the end, pretty the answer to Cypher and Morpheus' problem of people who are not ready to be free came to fruition. People who want to live in the fantasy life and not wake up can, those who now want to be freed also can.

VintijDroidGutzz
01-16-2015, 08:14 AM
Why stupid though? Over the top? For sure, but the premise lends itself for over the top crap, it demands over the top, and it works.
Stupid because it crossed the threshold by trying to be uber serious & ended up being piss funny. :huh

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Stupid because it crossed the threshold by trying to be uber serious & ended up being piss funny. :huh
But what threshold? What is threshold? How do you define threshold?

It's the Matrix! It's messing with you now...they're listening :horror I'm out of here :lol

http://i.imgur.com/04CIpHf.gif
I'm awakening.

http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/568/animated-matrix-image-0018.gif

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Btw this is hilarious, I remember I saw it back then and I completely forgot about this until I re watched the movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8pB1zRguAg

K07
01-16-2015, 09:58 AM
Going off from memory as I haven't seen the Matrix films in a long while:

The Matrix - 10/10
The Matrix Reloaded - 8/10
The Matrix Revolutions - WTF/10

Trash Panda
01-16-2015, 10:57 AM
The Matrix was good until the sequels made it fall flat on its face

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 11:23 AM
That's the usual consensus, they didn't though, but people get distracted with all the CGI and they think that's what's all about.

CallMeTheDoctor
01-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Frank 6.5/10

Interesting, but essentially random. I get that that is the point, but really just eh. Fassbender was great to watch and Gyllenhaal is okay. Just don't watch while extremely bored already.

murdomac
01-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Predestination 8/10

A time travel movie with a paradox within a paradox within a paradox within...well you get the idea a complete mind bending experience .

VICE 2/10

Bruce willis at his absolute worst, avoid.

The Hobbit (5 Armys) 8/10

More of the same but nothing wrong with that if you like that sort of thing :)

pturtle
01-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Whiplash - 9/10

Holy crap was this movie good. Miles Teller should have got a nomination for this, I thought his performance was just as good as J.K. Simmons’.

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Animatrix 8/10

meth head
01-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Whiplash 10/10

Movies don't come much better than this. It's a MASTERPIECE!

pturtle
01-16-2015, 03:41 PM
Whiplash 10/10

Movies don't come much better than this. It's a MASTERPIECE!

Easily the best movie of the year in my opinion.

meth head
01-16-2015, 03:52 PM

Easily the best movie of the year in my opinion.

EASILY! This is one of the greatest films I have ever seen. It's just brilliant! Everything about it. Completely flawless.

CallMeTheDoctor
01-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Robocop (2014) 7.5/10

Really enjoyed some of the action sequence, and the parallel of human or machine was a nice change. Definitely can see some creative flaws and issues. Still a solid film.

VintijDroidGutzz
01-16-2015, 06:26 PM
I really want to see Whiplash.

GasparZizou
01-16-2015, 08:10 PM
It does look good, I felt emotionally threatened just by watching the trailer.

CallMeTheDoctor
01-16-2015, 08:26 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but as a drummer it definitely looks exhilarating.

Xenoburger_
01-16-2015, 09:56 PM
Maniac - 8.5/10

That. Was. Amazing.

01-16-2015, 11:50 PM
Maleficent - 5/10 - Not as bad as I thought. Too much CGI, too many voice overs/ narration, and not much of a story. And the moral of the story, men are evil or useless, and women are better of living with other women happily ever after in a Men-free land :lol Overall, somewhat entertaining, but forgettable...

CriterionCollector
01-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Maniac - 8.5/10

That. Was. Amazing.

Joe Spinell or Elijah Wood version?

CriterionCollector
01-17-2015, 10:04 AM
The Silence (2010 Germany)-10/10 Brilliant Thriller.

Deeznutz6
01-17-2015, 10:42 AM
Maze runner, terrible 2/10

Snake Plissken
01-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Crying Fist - 7.5/10

Uncanny Web-Slinger
01-17-2015, 11:39 AM
Hairspray - 8/10

Great feelgood flick

Xenoburger_
01-17-2015, 01:14 PM
Joe Spinell or Elijah Wood version?Elijah Wood. Loved it.

Damn, didn't even know it was a remake. That sucks. I'll have to check out the original.

VintijDroidGutzz
01-17-2015, 01:15 PM
The original Maniac is pretty ****ed up.

Xenoburger_
01-17-2015, 01:50 PM
The original Maniac is pretty ****ed up.Usually typical stabbing/slicing slasher kills don't scare me or create much suspense for me, but the ones in this film (Elijah Wood version) were intense. His first & third victims especially. I love how it was filmed from his point of view, as if you're looking through his eyes. The only thing I didn't quite like was the ending. It wasn't bad but I wish it had played out a bit differently. Also had an awesome score.

Doubt I'll enjoy the original as much. Seems like every "new" movie I find is actually a remake. :lol

Morgul Matt
01-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Btw this is hilarious, I remember I saw it back then and I completely forgot about this until I re watched the movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8pB1zRguAg

Sean, pile! :lol

I've never seen this before, thanks for posting. This was a hoot!

pturtle
01-17-2015, 05:17 PM
A Most Violent Year - 7/10

Everything was just okay about this movie.

wanderlai
01-17-2015, 06:26 PM
American Sniper 9/10

marker2037
01-17-2015, 06:29 PM
Fury - 5.5/10

CallMeTheDoctor
01-17-2015, 07:19 PM
Mulan 7/10

Eh.

Morgul Matt
01-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Mulan 7/10

Eh.

Are you confused by your own score for the film. :wink1:

CallMeTheDoctor
01-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Are you confused by your own score for the film. :wink1:

Haha nah I was going to give a review and gave up on the idea. :lol

Darkseed
01-17-2015, 08:13 PM
American Sniper 9/10

American Sniper: 7.5/ 10 -Good movie really weird movie going experience. Theatre was packed as the credits rolled it was an eerie silence.....Every one walked out without saying a word....I never experienced that before after watching a movie

01-17-2015, 08:18 PM
American Sniper: 7.5/ 10 -Good movie really weird movie going experience. Theatre was packed as the credits rolled it was an eerie silence.....Every one walked out without saying a word....I never experienced that before after watching a movie

I call that, the Phantom Menace experience. :lol

Darkseed
01-17-2015, 08:45 PM
I call that, the Phantom Menace experience. :lol

I remember plenty of conversations after PM.......:lol. The way the sniper film ended it felt like you shouldn't talk...I think everyone got the memo....

01-17-2015, 08:51 PM
I remember plenty of conversations after PM.......:lol. The way the sniper film ended it felt like you shouldn't talk...I think everyone got the memo....

Perhaps it was just me then, and I was just in some sort of mental shock after the PM, making everything a little ...fuzzy :lol

CriterionCollector
01-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Bagman-2/10

01-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Ghostbusters- 7/10 - Still good and entertaining, but the special effects are really dated.

The Equalizer - 5.5/10

CallMeTheDoctor
01-17-2015, 11:13 PM
That's been happening lately. Happened at Unbroken, Theory of Everything, Fury, and a few others. I am pretty surprised by that.

As for movies:
Ghostbusters 8/10

Pretty enjoyable, but Weaver is pretty much a sight to see. :naughty

The Firm 6/10

Pretty solid film. Might be weird, but only thing I enjoyed was Holly Hunter. Damned if I don't agree with Ray about the crooked way she talks. :love

marker2037
01-17-2015, 11:51 PM
The Equalizer - 7/10 Pretty decent action flick. I enjoyed it.

GasparZizou
01-18-2015, 01:38 AM
Sean, pile! :lol

I've never seen this before, thanks for posting. This was a hoot!

Don't mention it :lol

Wet willy Mr. Tim ber lakkkke.

Blade3327
01-18-2015, 01:46 AM
Gone Girl - 8.5/10

Deliciously unsettling.

Watched this again on Blu-Ray tonight. Raising my score to a 9.5.

My reason stays the same. :lol Just delicious.

GasparZizou
01-18-2015, 02:00 AM
I still have to watch that one...

threedaytorture
01-18-2015, 03:28 AM
ABCs of Death 2/10, am I being harsh?

Brainiac
01-18-2015, 05:44 AM
The Equalizer - 7/10 Pretty decent action flick. I enjoyed it.

Good movie, I would have prefer a fight scene between the two main characters at the end though, it was kinda flat with how they ended it. I would also give it 7/10

Snake Plissken
01-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Big Trouble in Little China - 8.5/10

VintijDroidGutzz
01-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Doubt I'll enjoy the original as much.
Watch it first, then let us know. :lol

CriterionCollector
01-18-2015, 01:53 PM
Big Trouble in Little China - 8.5/10

It is a new week isn't it?

Patton Oswalt: Tragedy Plus Comedy Equals Time- 9/10. My only gripe: I wish it was longer.

marker2037
01-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Good movie, I would have prefer a fight scene between the two main characters at the end though, it was kinda flat with how they ended it. I would also give it 7/10

Yup I have the same feelings about the end scene. It was on it's way to being an 8 but then got dropped down due to that scene. Still, it was enjoyable.

Conan The Barbarian - 8.5/10 Classic Arnold badassness, lots of blood, and an awesome score.

meth head
01-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Foxcatcher 9/10

Another tremendous film!

pturtle
01-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Foxcatcher 9/10

Another tremendous film!

All 3 guys gave the best performance of their career in my opinion.

Big Eyes - 6/10

Trash Panda
01-18-2015, 05:29 PM
22 Jump Street - 8/10

meth head
01-18-2015, 05:41 PM
All 3 guys gave the best performance of their career in my opinion.

Big Eyes - 6/10

Agreed. They were all fantastic, but for my money, Carell was the star. A stellar performance!

CallMeTheDoctor
01-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Despicable Me 7.5/10

CriterionCollector
01-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Agreed. They were all fantastic, but for my money, Carell was the star. A stellar performance!

I don't know. I gotta give the edge to Channing Tatum as far as best performance in Foxcatcher. His character wasn't much of a talker and he had to use other means to portray his characters thoughts. That's not to say Carrell wasn't stellar. I do think, however, that the makeup job on him was just too pronounced. The teeth and nose were bordering on caricature. Here's a pic of the real John Dupont

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/John_E_Dupont_at_his_home,_February_1992.jpg

pturtle
01-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Yea, after watching the movie and checking out some documentaries on Dupont, I think Carell could have done a better job at portraying Dupont a little more human.

I heard the original cut of the movie was almost 5 hours long, so I guess a lot of his performance could have been left in the editing room. I thought the movie could have been a lot better if most of the cut scenes made it in to make the story little more coherent. Everything happened too fast.

Tatum definitely should have been nominated.

Snake Plissken
01-18-2015, 06:11 PM
It is a new week isn't it?

Patton Oswalt: Tragedy Plus Comedy Equals Time- 9/10. My only gripe: I wish it was longer.

Do me a favor, and go crawl up someone's ass other than my own for a change.

01-18-2015, 06:24 PM

I rate that a...

http://i.imgur.com/8FqlQGW.gif

01-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Tatum definitely should have been nominated.

I'll never be able to take him seriously. :lol All I see is this,

"And the Oscar goes to..."

http://i.imgur.com/camQpj0.jpg

CriterionCollector
01-18-2015, 06:38 PM

Sorry, Snake I guess I should have put winky faces after that. I thought about it for a second, but then I thought "He knows I'm kidding."

pturtle
01-18-2015, 07:12 PM
I'll never be able to take him seriously. :lol All I see is this,

"And the Oscar goes to..."

http://i.imgur.com/camQpj0.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Fortunately I’ve never seen a second of those films.

GasparZizou
01-18-2015, 07:15 PM
That ****ing b*tch - 9/10 What a ****ed up movie.

Ugh, I'm never getting married.

Ps: Affleck in the first minutes of the movie was totally Bruce Wayne

CallMeTheDoctor
01-18-2015, 09:12 PM
Ted :banghead/10

01-18-2015, 09:23 PM
Under Suspicion (1991) - 4.5/10

Darkseed
01-18-2015, 09:24 PM
Captain America : The Winter Soldier - 8/10 - one of my fav comic book films. 2015 has lofty expectations to beat out the great comic films of 2014 (for me).

CallMeTheDoctor
01-18-2015, 09:32 PM
Captain America : The Winter Soldier - 8/10 - one of my fav comic book films. 2015 has lofty expectations to beat out the great comic films of 2014 (for me).

I don't know about this year, but next year will be ****ing insane with CBMs. That is if Sinister Six also gets green lit for next year.

CriterionCollector
01-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Down and Out in Beverly Hills 4/10-The eighties was pretty racist!

marker2037
01-18-2015, 10:27 PM
A Walk Among the Tombstones - 7.5/10 Always enjoy a good Liam flick

batfan08
01-18-2015, 10:40 PM
Fury-8/10

Khev
01-18-2015, 11:02 PM
The Imitation Game 8/10

CriterionCollector
01-18-2015, 11:49 PM
Beverly Hills Cop II- 6/10

creature4000
01-19-2015, 10:31 AM
Premium Rush = 4/10 (Quick Silver was better)

AIR
01-19-2015, 10:45 AM
American Sniper: 8.5/10

krec9
01-19-2015, 10:49 AM
American sniper 4/10 I didn't like this film at all .

CriterionCollector
01-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Another 48 Hrs.- 6/10

Morgul Matt
01-19-2015, 11:45 AM
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. 10/10.

A breathtakingly beautiful fitting finale to a mightily majestic superb sextuplet of cinematic gold!

Farewell, cinematic Middle-earth. It's been emotional. :monkey2

Khev
01-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Glad you finally saw it MM. :)

Morgul Matt
01-19-2015, 11:57 AM
Glad you finally saw it MM. :)

:hi5:

Watched it, loved it, can't wait for the EE.

CallMeTheDoctor
01-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Extended Edition 10/10

Best series out there.

Morgul Matt
01-19-2015, 12:45 PM
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Extended Edition 10/10

Best series out there.

:1-1:

CallMeTheDoctor
01-19-2015, 12:45 PM

:1-1:

:rock:duff:rock

Pineapple
01-19-2015, 12:59 PM
7.5/10 - Automata

Little known foreign movie (in english) about robots and AI. Very interesting.

CriterionCollector
01-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Dredd-7.5/10 My second viewing one question though:

How did Dredd know Mama was bluffing about her heartbeat being rigged to a detonation device?

GasparZizou
01-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Dredd-7.5/10 My second viewing one question though:

How did Dredd know Mama was bluffing about her heartbeat being rigged to a detonation device?

He didn't know, but there were several layers of solid concrete and metal to block the signal in any case.

7.5/10 - Automata

Little known foreign movie (in english) about robots and AI. Very interesting.

I've been wanting to see that one, looks good, critics are not loving it but I liked it since I saw the trailer.

CriterionCollector
01-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Resolution- 9/10 Everyone should see this. Totally awesome movie that flew under the radar a couple years ago.

CallMeTheDoctor
01-19-2015, 04:38 PM
The Lego Movie - 9/10

Definitely a fantastic movie, very awe inspiring. Hopefully they crank another one down the road. :lol

cmiller99
01-19-2015, 05:56 PM
The Lego Movie - 9/10

Definitely a fantastic movie, very awe inspiring. Hopefully they crank another one down the road. :lol

It's got a perfect sequel ending. And I think they've already announced it!

RIDDICK
01-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 6/10

Yet again fooled by artificial hype and asinine praise... Will I ever learn?!
A little bit better than "Rise", but still not solid or interesting enough.

Deeznutz6
01-19-2015, 08:20 PM

Agreed, just watched this also

Was hyped for this than the apes picked up the m16...

GasparZizou
01-19-2015, 08:21 PM

Agreed, just watched this also

Was hyped for this than the apes picked up the m16...

Haha you fools, we got you again!

VintijDroidGutzz
01-19-2015, 08:22 PM
RIDDICK.. :lol

Sleepy Hollow -- 8 / 10

Loved it. I had seen it years ago, but although I vaguely remember liking it then, nothing stood out from memory.

Second time round, it was a pleasant surprise. Walken as the horseman, plus the rest of the all star cast - pretty cool.

I think I'll buy it. :)

RIDDICK
01-19-2015, 08:23 PM
Haha you fools, we got you again!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq3pze9MxX1qko4x4o1_500.gif

GasparZizou
01-19-2015, 08:32 PM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/504d592bfa5f95e032475550789d4e47/tumblr_mphb4b98CB1spdbf2o1_500.gif

Khev
01-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Birdman 8/10

Terrifically acted. Amazing transitions.

01-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Missing in Action 2 - 3/10 It's a Rambo 2 ripoff :lol

cmiller99
01-19-2015, 11:30 PM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/504d592bfa5f95e032475550789d4e47/tumblr_mphb4b98CB1spdbf2o1_500.gif

That's an amazing gif.

Gates70
01-20-2015, 11:08 AM
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane ? - 9/10 Fantastic performance by Bette Davis
Rope - 8/10 Love me some Jimmy Stewart
Noah - 6/10 A psychotic Bible fairy tale.
Blended 7/10 Don't like Sandler movies anymore, but this was pretty good. Terry Crewes cracked me up.

Morgul Matt
01-20-2015, 12:13 PM
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane ? - 9/10 Fantastic performance by Bette Davis
Rope - 8/10 Love me some Jimmy Stewart
Noah - 6/10 A psychotic Bible fairy tale.
Blended 7/10 Don't like Sandler movies anymore, but this was pretty good. Terry Crewes cracked me up.

I love him in Brooklyn Nine-Nine & he was also comedy gold in Arrested Development. He's a damn fine comedy actor.

marker2037
01-20-2015, 12:38 PM
Out of the Furnace - 8/10 Amazing cast and some wonderful performances. The symbolism was great in this movie. I enjoyed it immensely and it had a nice connection to home for me considering I'm from a town at the base of the Ramapo Mountains and the Jackson Whites are a local legend. Woody Harrelson was incredible.

CallMeTheDoctor
01-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Out of the Furnace - 8/10 Amazing cast and some wonderful performances. The symbolism was great in this movie. I enjoyed it immensely and it had a nice connection to home for me considering I'm from a town at the base of the Ramapo Mountains and the Jackson Whites are a local legend. Woody Harrelson was incredible.

Wow I was the complete opposite. I wasn't really into it as much. Kind of felt bad for Bale's character; but not my suit.

Affleck was a bit of a random cast for me.

Justice League: War 7/10

Deckard
01-20-2015, 02:14 PM
X-Men - 5/10
X2 : United - 6/10
Brett Ratner : The Last Straw - 3/10
The Wolverine - 7/10

Won't be doing that again for a long time.

RIDDICK
01-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Brace yourself, singerites are coming...

http://replygif.net/i/920.gif

Khev
01-20-2015, 02:49 PM

Is that a real thing? I mean yeah karamazov and maybe pturtle are all into the Singerverse but does that club really have any other members?

Deckard
01-20-2015, 02:53 PM

http://replygif.net/i/920.gif

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/830/191/1191830.gif

Is that a real thing? I mean yeah karamazov and maybe pturtle are all into the Singerverse but does that club really have any other members?

http://stashpit.com/upload/big/2014/04/22/53569fac83b28.jpg

http://media2.giphy.com/media/gvDVCdBsVEm0o/200_s.gif

YankeesFanboy
01-20-2015, 06:25 PM
The Dictator - 67/100

Trash Panda
01-20-2015, 06:28 PM
The Omen - 8/10

K07
01-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Multiplicity - 8/10
I vaguely remember seeing this when it first came out but the humor was above my head. Definitely worth revisiting.

Kingpin - 3/10
Bleh. Is Dumb & Dumber the only movie these guys made that's any good? There were a few funny moments but nothing laugh out loud funny.

CriterionCollector
01-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Multiplicity - 8/10
I vaguely remember seeing this when it first came out but the humor was above my head. Definitely worth revisiting.

Kingpin - 3/10
Bleh. Is Dumb & Dumber the only movie these guys made that's any good? There were a few funny moments but nothing laugh out loud funny.

Whahahah!?!?!! To each his own I guess. I think Kingpin is the Farellis' best movie!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/528653/kingpin-landlady-o.gif

marker2037
01-20-2015, 07:46 PM
Kingpin is their best. So funny.

01-20-2015, 07:47 PM
Multiplicity - 8/10

Kingpin - 3/10

Really? Bill Murray was hilarious in that one :lol

karamazov80
01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Edge of Tomorrow: 7.5/10

Khev
01-20-2015, 11:12 PM
The Railway Man 8.5/10

Extremely moving film.

pred439
01-21-2015, 12:31 AM
What about bob? 8/10 One of my favorite comedy's

Fight Club 9/10 Excellent Movie

marker2037
01-21-2015, 12:53 AM
Raging Bull - 8/10

Trash Panda
01-21-2015, 04:13 AM
Mad Max - 8/10

CallMeTheDoctor
01-21-2015, 07:51 AM
The Railway Man 8.5/10

Extremely moving film.

Damn, I still have to catch this. Looks emotional.

Khev
01-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Damn, I still have to catch this. Looks emotional.

It is. Not gonna lie. The ending made me cry.

marker2037
01-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Predestination - 8.5/10

meth head
01-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Moneyball 9/10

Such a classy film. Bennet Miller is a real directing talent.

Trash Panda
01-21-2015, 01:24 PM
American Sniper - 9/10

VintijDroidGutzz
01-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Mad Max - 8/10
Best of the trilogy. :duff

Centurion
01-21-2015, 01:43 PM
Annabelle. 6/10.

CallMeTheDoctor
01-21-2015, 02:44 PM
The Imitation Game - 9.5/10

Wow. Wow. Wooooowww.

Don't know about inaccuracies, as I'm sure there are some, but this film was incredible. Wow. Can't get over it. Recommended for sure. I love Cumberbatch's performance, but Redmayne killed it as Hawking IMO.

marker2037
01-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Captain Phillips - 8.5/10

Khev
01-21-2015, 10:04 PM
Into the Woods 7.5/10

I found it quite entertaining and am glad I saw it on the big screen with full theater surround.

rushmore223
01-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Monsters - 6.5/10

Not bad, recommended by a Freak, not a lot really happens in the movie for (what feels like) long stretches, but it was enjoyable and I will watch the sequel when it comes out.

6.5 for me is a good review ;)

franpincho
01-22-2015, 09:35 AM
American Sniper : 5/10

Deckard
01-22-2015, 09:44 AM
Inherent Vice - 7/10 good, not award worthy.

Birdman's the best of 2014 for me. Boyhood was good but also really heavily relies on what I consider ultimately, a gimmick. Which is to say, cast different boys for the ages instead of just following the same kid and belt it out in a year, and it's not anywhere near as interesting a movie/story. Grand Budapest and Foxcatcher are also worth a mention so glad they're up. Still need to catch The Imitation Game. Selma and American Sniper have no business being in the running. They are there purely due to politics.

mikedanger
01-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Godzilla(2014)- 4/10

Needed more, um, Godzilla

meanstreak
01-22-2015, 01:21 PM
American Sniper - 7/10
Snowpiercer - 8/10

pturtle
01-22-2015, 01:58 PM
Inherent Vice - 7/10 good, not award worthy.

Birdman's the best of 2014 for me. Boyhood was good but also really heavily relies on what I consider ultimately, a gimmick. Which is to say, cast different boys for the ages instead of just following the same kid and belt it out in a year, and it's not anywhere near as interesting a movie/story. Grand Budapest and Foxcatcher are also worth a mention so glad they're up. Still need to catch The Imitation Game. Selma and American Sniper have no business being in the running. They are there purely due to politics.

Gave it the same score, didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did based on the reviews but while I was lost at times, the dialogue, acting, and jokes were all great. I think after a few more times of watching it I might raise my score.

Centurion
01-22-2015, 02:40 PM
American Sniper. 8.5/10.

CriterionCollector
01-22-2015, 03:52 PM
Automata- Good start. Kind of falters at the end. 5/10

Atticus Institute- Great premise. However I think if they went with a straight narrative instead trying to make it look like a documentary it wouldn't have been so dull. 3/10

CallMeTheDoctor
01-22-2015, 04:19 PM
American Sniper 9/10

01-22-2015, 05:33 PM
The Guest (2014) 9/10

marker2037
01-22-2015, 05:53 PM
X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 An excellent comic book movie.

IronFingaz
01-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Wow :lol

Ban in 5...4...3...2...

Raiderz
01-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Interstellar 8/10

Khev
01-22-2015, 07:43 PM

Ban in 5...4...3...2...

No kidding. He's history.

IronFingaz
01-22-2015, 07:46 PM
No kidding. He's history.

Not that i didn't enjoy the gifs, though :lol

CallMeTheDoctor
01-22-2015, 08:00 PM
Man, I missed something. :lol

Grand Budapest Hotel 10/10

Amazing movie.

AIR
01-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Raimi Spiderman trilogy: 9/10
That hit the nostalgia spot.

Ban in 5...4...3...2...

Man, I always miss the good stuff:lol

threedaytorture
01-23-2015, 03:09 AM
Lucy = 5/10 SNIFF and I'm a huge Luc Besson fan :(

cmiller99
01-23-2015, 03:27 AM
Tropic Thunder - 7.5/10 - A lot funnier than I thought it would be, good fun.

Snake Plissken
01-23-2015, 07:37 AM
The Shining - 10/10

K07
01-23-2015, 09:37 AM

Ban in 5...4...3...2...

Who was it this time?

Gates70
01-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Boyhood - 7/10 Good movie but nothing spectacular.
The Swimmer - 8/10

VintijDroidGutzz
01-23-2015, 02:24 PM
Insidious -- 4 / 10

I love Rose Byrne - & I like Patrick Wilson too, but jeez what a **** movie. Despite some cliches, it starts off ok enough. The usual spooky dooky, but not too bad.. then Leigh & Angus show up. **** that just ended it for me. :lol

So many things I didn't like about it.. ehh, it was on TV & a one time watch anyway. Needless to say, I'll be avoiding the sequel. They just can't seem to make good horror movies anymore. For every decent one (if there are any) there's a dozen **** ones.

Oh Rose.. :(

Baneofdemon22
01-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Final Fantasy Advent Children Complete- 2/10

I'm just a little black rain cloud
Hovering under the honey tree
I'm only a little black rain cloud
Pay no attention to little me

I really appreciate how much work was put into the animation, but I think it's an awful movie. I'm a Final Fantasy VII and Crisis Core fan, but it just wasn't for me.

I decided to watch it, because I saw how amazing the new Play Arts KAI figures look, and thought about getting them. I'm not interested in the main characters any more, but I might get Sephiroth and Zack if they make them. I was happy to see that Zack was in the movie for that reason!

Does Crisis Core still hold up? I haven't played it in over 5 years, but I loved it when it came out. I actually got a Japanese copy before it was released in North America, because I couldn't wait! I didn't know what they were saying, though!

Lord of the Rings the Fellowship of the Ring Extended- 8/10 I haven't watched the Lord of the Rings movies in 10 years, so I was excited to return to them. Unfortunately, I was really bored. They're beautiful action movies, but they're really lacking in the character development. Hopefully, I still enjoy the books. I used to read them religiously!

meth head
01-23-2015, 04:07 PM
A Most Violent Year 9/10

Classy! Issacs is wonderful as is Brooks and Chastain.

im8041
01-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Nightcrawler - 8.5/10
Whiplash - 9/10

rushmore223
01-23-2015, 05:25 PM
The Shining - 10/10

Hands down, Best Horror film ever made.

GasparZizou
01-23-2015, 05:50 PM
Eh, I like the Exorcist and Rosemary's baby better.

CriterionCollector
01-23-2015, 05:59 PM
The Shining - 10/10

Saw this on the big screen during its run on Cinemark Classics Series. It really needs to be seen on the big screen

K07
01-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Skyfall: 10/10

Gorgeous film. Fun Bond action. I still think Casino Royale is the better film but that doesn't affect my enjoyment of this one.

Baneofdemon22
01-23-2015, 07:21 PM

I feel the same way. Have you seen Repulsion? I think that's one of the best. It's my favorite!

rushmore223
01-23-2015, 07:37 PM

Those are great as well, but The Shining is my personal favorite.

Would make a very tense triple feature.

RIDDICK
01-23-2015, 08:44 PM
Never understood all the praise for Kubrick's Shining.
Damn script is far from the novel, everyone's miscast, bizzare scenes with sometimes goofy Nicholson, etc.
It's a nice film, but not as cool and scary as King's novel due to significant liberties taken.

I've seen the movie before reading, still didn't like it too much.

CriterionCollector
01-23-2015, 08:54 PM
Never understood all the praise for Kubrick's Shining.
Damn script is far from the novel, everyone's miscast, bizzare scenes with sometimes goofy acting from Nicholson, etc.
It's a nice film, but not as cool and scary as King's novel due to significant liberties taken.

I've seen the movie before reading, still didn't liked it too much.

Well the book overall is about alcoholism. I imagine Kubrick wanted to take other things out of the story and focus on them. I would view Kubrick's Shining and King's Shining as two completely different stories.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that Kubrick was trying to make as loose an adaptation as possible of the book. It certainly was no coincidence that there was a scene in the movie that showed a car wreck with a red Beetle crushed under a semi. In the book, the Torrance's drove a red Beetle.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pX0b84aYCfE/UVdO90I66dI/AAAAAAAACUg/07d52eAtVg0/s640/red+volks.png

My Dad had always been pretty critical of the film and thought it was over-rated. Then we saw it in the theater and it changed his mind.
If you get the chance see it in the theater. This was the first use of the steadicam in a movie and it really stands out on a big screen.

K07
01-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Johnny English Reborn: 5/10

I've never seen the first one but this popped up on Netflix. Rather forgettable overall but Rowan Atkinson managed to keep me smiling throughout. The Casino Royale parkour spoof was a stand out moment for me and had me laughing out loud.

GasparZizou
01-23-2015, 10:00 PM
I feel the same way. Have you seen Repulsion? I think that's one of the best. It's my favorite!
I have not, I've been meaning to, in fact, I might watch it this weekend, it's long overdue.

PS: My favorite has always been Rosemary's baby... I looooove it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0pvjpP8eOw

im8041
01-24-2015, 01:54 AM
Just saw John Wick - 7/10

ChaserFan
01-24-2015, 05:45 AM
Misery - 9/10

Darth Snoopy
01-24-2015, 06:02 AM
Saw John Wick & Lucy 4/5 on both.

Deckard
01-24-2015, 06:43 AM
Die Hard - 10/10
Die Hard with a Vengeance - 7/10 (a better ending would bump it up but these are the only two Die Hard movies imo)

RIDDICK
01-24-2015, 06:52 AM
I don't think it's a stretch to think that Kubrick was trying to make as loose an adaptation as possible of the book. It certainly was no coincidence that there was a scene in the movie that showed a car wreck with a red Beetle crushed under a semi. In the book, the Torrance's drove a red Beetle.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pX0b84aYCfE/UVdO90I66dI/AAAAAAAACUg/07d52eAtVg0/s640/red+volks.png
Whoa! Completely forgot about this scene... Nice hint indeed.
Still, he could just rename main characters.

My Dad had always been pretty critical of the film and thought it was over-rated. Then we saw it in the theater and it changed his mind. If you get the chance see it in the theater. This was the first use of the steadicam in a movie and it really stands out on a big screen.
I'd love to!
Unfortunately there are little to none options here.

K07
01-24-2015, 08:07 AM
Mr. Bean's Holiday -10/10

Why have I never seen this movie before?! I had heard the movies weren't good but I thought I'd give this a chance. I was laughing from beginning to end. Classic Bean. Is it the first movie that should be avoided?

CallMeTheDoctor
01-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Saw Casino Royale last night. 10/10

That movie is just phenomenal from beginning to end. Probably my only favorite Craig one, as I am more of. Connery and Dalton fan.

Deckard
01-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Daltons my second fav as well. He just got some rough scripts and had to try to revive the franchise coming out of Octopussy and AVTAK. Imagine if he'd gotten Goldeneye as they'd initially intended. He'd be huge and Pierce would only have mediocre/crappy flicks under his belt. Just the way it goes.

franpincho
01-24-2015, 10:17 AM
"El Secreto De Sus Ojos" 11/10

That's Spanish for "The Secret in Their Eyes".

Argentinian film, Oscar winner.

Second time I watched it, and it's even better than I remember it. Try to watch it before the (announced) Hollywood remake. Because it will suck.

CallMeTheDoctor
01-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Daltons my second fav as well. He just got some rough scripts and had to try to revive the franchise coming out of Octopussy and AVTAK. Imagine if he'd gotten Goldeneye as they'd initially intended. He'd be huge and Pierce would only have mediocre/crappy flicks under his belt. Just the way it goes.

No doubt. I'm sure he would have been phenomenal, not to mention to go against Bean.

Honestly, I enjoy his more out of the dark and different nature of Bond. Reminds me more of a Dark Knight Batman. A lot of people say that Craig is more of a darker Bond, but Dalton did it first.

To this day Brosnan is probably my least favorite. I enjoy Goldeneye, but that's about it. Connery easily has my favorite films Thunderball, Dr. No, From Russia. Damn, I need to start a marathon of Bond. :lol

CriterionCollector
01-24-2015, 11:57 AM
"El Secreto De Sus Ojos" 11/10

That's Spanish for "The Secret in Their Eyes".

Argentinian film, Oscar winner.

Second time I watched it, and it's even better than I remember it. Try to watch it before the (announced) Hollywood remake. Because it will suck.

This is a really good film especially if you're interested in how ****e up dictatorial regimes in South America were.

jungle jom
01-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Well the book overall is about alcoholism. I imagine Kubrick wanted to take other things out of the story and focus on them. I would view Kubrick's Shining and King's Shining as two completely different stories.

My Dad had always been pretty critical of the film and thought it was over-rated. Then we saw it in the theater and it changed his mind.
If you get the chance see it in the theater. This was the first use of the steadicam in a movie and it really stands out on a big screen.

First use of a Stedicam was not in "The Shining" but in "Bound for Glory" if you're keeping score.

CriterionCollector
01-24-2015, 01:20 PM
First use of a Stedicam was not in "The Shining" but in "Bound for Glory" if you're keeping score.

Okay. The Shining was the first to use stedicam so extensively.

rushmore223
01-24-2015, 04:28 PM
The Giver - 7.5/10

Surprised by how much I liked this film, much better than "Divergent", which borrows heavily from this story.

I would have rated it higher but for one gripe...

I feel they really needed to explain why everyone in the community would gain Jonah's memories once he managed to get past the towers.

Good cast, good story, worth taking a look.

Edit : Can't believe this got a 36% on RT!

01-24-2015, 05:07 PM
The Rover 5/10 - Once is enough...