Any TWILIGHT freaks here? Did you know about the next Harry Potter?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't read any of these books, but apparently they're for teenage girls what Harry Potter is for everyone. One of my friend's daughters is going to 2 different midnight release parties for the 4th book tomorrow.

I didn't hear about Harry Potter until the 3rd book came out - but I'm a little suprised I'd never heard of this series. The first movie was heavily promoted at SDCC and is kind of a low budget thing coming out in Dec. from a minor studio.

I've never read them, but I recall alot of hype when Meyer's adult novel was released and they unveiled the cover art of the next book in her teenage series. The series didn't really seem too much like something I'd be interested in though.

The first time I heard about Twilight was 2 days ago when I read an article by a so called "expert" saying that this movie has the potential to beat Titanic's box office. I laughed so hard at the premise I had to read the entire article.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I have been aware of these for a while but haven't been interested enough to read them. I know they're popular with the middle school demographic.

:lol Oh, I knew that, but I was thinking in terms of initials not religion. Too tired to make the connection I guess.

Yes, she's an LDS - the most significant book in her life is the Book of Mormon.

She writes about a teenage girl in love with a vampire but has never seen an episode of Buffy, never read the book or seen the original Dracula and cites Lestat as her literary influence.

She writes about a teenage girl in love with a vampire but has never seen an episode of Buffy, never read the book or seen the original Dracula and cites Lestat as her literary influence.

There is something very sad about that. I actually never heard of her until my mom asked me about her earlier today from some news report that was saying she was heir to JK Rowling :)rolleyes:)

There is something very sad about that. I actually never heard of her until my mom asked me about her earlier today from some news report that was saying she was heir to JK Rowling :)rolleyes:)

Well, the phenomenon around the books is akin to HP. How many books get "release parties" at book stores? It sounds like there isn't much guy appeal in the books, so her audience may be limited - but went ahead and ordered the first book from Amazon.

This IS not the next Harry Potter. I've never read the books but my sister-in-law has, she is an avid Harry Potter fan and admits while a good read that this doesn't have a broad appeal to anyone but girls. Watching what I've seen from the previews of the film it feels very "girly" focusing on the romantic aspects although she says there are pieces in the trailer that are very close to the book. People are pushing hard for another Harry Potter in the literature world because that phenomenon got kids really excited and even adults tied to it. That industry really needs that so that way kids won't walk back to their TVs and XBOXs again. People are pushing too hard for it to be successful on that scale.

Badmoon reads this stuff. The Twilight movie is his most anticipated movie ever :D

He's essentially a teenage girl so it fits.

I'm gonna check out the first book as soon as I finish rereading the Potter series.

He's essentially a teenage girl so it fits.

I'm gonna check out the first book as soon as I finish rereading the Potter series.

It's funny though, when i hear him talk on live, he sounds like this guy...

coj.jpg

The first time I heard about Twilight was 2 days ago when I read an article by a so called "expert" saying that this movie has the potential to beat Titanic's box office. I laughed so hard at the premise I had to read the entire article.

Oh wow, don't laugh. I have a teenager, and in the last 2 months I took her to a book signing (started at 730pm, my kid got her book signed at 1100pm, and there were still a couple hundred people in line), was dragged to the Twilight panel at Comic Con, and just last night had to drive the kid to Borders for midnight book sale of the 4th book.

The panel at Comic Con was nuts. Hall H hold 6500 people, and 6000 of them were screaming teen age girls. They screamed when the lights went down. They screamed when the moderator came out. They pretty much screamed all the time. I figure that's the closest I'll ever get to a Beatles concert.

2 years ago at Comic Con I was at the 300 panel when Frank Miller himself showed the 1st trailer. I thought that panel was crazy but the 300 fanboys were positively introverted next to the Twilight fangirls.

Last night at Borders I was at the point of begging the manager to start the sale early.

I'm pretty sure there will be MASSIVE repeat viewings of the movie. Will the girls go back enough times to pass Titanic? Not sure, but I wouldn't bet against it.

I haven't read any of these books, but apparently they're for teenage girls what Harry Potter is for everyone. One of my friend's daughters is going to 2 different midnight release parties for the 4th book tomorrow.

I didn't hear about Harry Potter until the 3rd book came out - but I'm a little suprised I'd never heard of this series. The first movie was heavily promoted at SDCC and is kind of a low budget thing coming out in Dec. from a minor studio.

Dave I just read the first book and am half way through the second. I think they are pretty damn good.

Just finished the second book. I thought it had some slow parts but still pretty good. On to the third.

I think I saw the trailer before Iron Man, or was it the Hulk...I'm not sure, but I swear to God, the girl and the guy (the one in BadMoon's icon thingy) look like brother and sister.

Creepy!

Back