Do you really think SSC will make more Vaders?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of people seem to think its a given that SSC will make more Darth Vaders to represent his costumes from ESB, ROTJ, and possibly ROTS. Do you really think they will? I don't think I actually realized there even were differences in the suit from movie to movie until it was pointed out on the internet after I'd been watching the movies for 20 years!

If you displayed the upcoming Vader reaching for Bespin Luke or dueling Jedi Luke how many but the most nitpicky fans would even notice that it isn't 100% scene accurate?

I'm curious because I can really see SSC moving on to the legions of other characters (with plenty of iconics left) and just saying "You wanted Vader? You got him. We're done."

Thoughts?

Does a bear poop in the woods?

More Vaders = more money.

They will make them until people stop buying and we're talking SW fans who have bought 68 versions of the same 3 3/4" figure.

For some reason I'm not so sure. If it was all about money they could have had an ES of 10000 for the exclusive. I'm not saying that other versions wouldn't be cool or that I think they won't. I just think only one suited Vader is really necessary in a collection. I was pretty much planning on just buying whichever one they made first. ESB is my favorite but when ANH ends up in my collection I don't know that I'll bother if they make another one.

Does a bear poop in the woods?

More Vaders = more money.

They will make them until people stop buying and we're talking SW fans who have bought 68 versions of the same 3 3/4" figure.

Anzik it is does a bear ^^^^ in the woods. :lecture

Anzik it is does a bear ^^^^ in the woods. :lecture

Why yes, yes they do!

BearintheWoods.jpg

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

I don't remember where, but somewhere in all the SDCC coverage Sideshow already mentioned that the new body that was developed for Vader will be used here and with "future Vaders." Something to that effect.

I might consider purchasing a "reveal" Vader with a Sebastian Shaw head sculpt, but that's it. I won't spend another $125 on a duplicate Vader with a green light on his chestplate instead of blue, or whatever miniscule difference there might be between the costumes from film to film.

I wouldn't even get two Boba Fetts, even though he's my favorite character and in that case I could actually tell the difference between the ESB and ROTJ versions. One each of every major character is enough for me, unless there is a major change in costume, as with Farm Boy to Jedi Luke or ANH Leia to Slave Leia. In the case of Vader, the differences from film to film are slight to the point of being indistinguishable for most people and it wouldn't warrant a second purchase from me.

But for those looking for more Vaders, I am certain that at some point you will get them.

I am in for a ROTS and a ROTJ Vader. ESB doesn't interest me that much since ROTJ is the same only with more cool stuff. :D

I can definitely see a ROTS because the differences are the most significant (even I could pick it was different!). Its not really valid to compare the multiple lukes to multiple vaders - even Mark Hamill looked different between films, and the costumes were completely different.

Personally I'll grab one of each offerred as I want to display him paired up with an opponent (ANH - Obi Wan, ESB - Bespin Luke, ROTJ - Jedi Luke). But I think demand will be significantly down on any future vaders.

One would have to think the custom vader body would also be useful for a chewbacca - should we ever get one.

I don't remember where, but somewhere in all the SDCC coverage Sideshow already mentioned that the new body that was developed for Vader will be used here and with "future Vaders." Something to that effect.

I might consider purchasing a "reveal" Vader with a Sebastian Shaw head sculpt, but that's it. I won't spend another $125 on a duplicate Vader with a green light on his chestplate instead of blue, or whatever miniscule difference there might be between the costumes from film to film.

Agreed...I think they'll have to do a 'reveal' ROTJ version at some point.

Here is the funny thing. Visually the ESB is amazingly different from the ANH. Looking at them together you'll be able to see it. So people will buy that. The ROTJ will have a reveal helmet, its expected and I'm sure it will take a lot of R&D which is why it probably wasn't started with. The reveal will sell itself. By that point we'll have three Vaders with only ROTS left, that one is visually very different than the OT piece but I would bet that it would be the one skipped most on.

Back