PPO Question?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I actually got a SSE Darth Vader in 3:29. My first PPO Figure! The question is how did some people get it under a minute? Please share how you did your ordering. For example mines.

Used FireFox and used the sideshow banner but I had 2 windows opened which 1 of them had 3 tabs (2-ordering Darth Vader and 1-sideshowcollectors forums). Possibly slowed my ordering process. And was waiting for the streamline for an hour to come on. I was lucky to get one.

Anyways please share your tips it may be useful for others in the future. Also what are the do's and don'ts.

I think it's all just luck of the draw. I have two monitors on my computer at work and just opened the Sideshow site in each one. The first one that came up was the one I placed my order on. I got Vader in a little over a minute. It took about 2-3 minutes to get the stormtrooper.

i screwed myself over by hitting refresh once for vader cuz it was seriously taking forever and i thought the site froze up. but i still got him in the 3rd minute. probably would've got him faster if i didnt try refreshing. personally ive never missed a PPO when ive been at the computer ahead of time. just depends how fast your connection is. i bet you couldnt even get an order in from dial-up.

Chris has done an amazing job with the PPO's recently.

I remember in the old days when it would take 15-30 minutes of refreshing and timed-out connections before possibly getting through and ordering the item. Those were very fustrating PPO days. I don't remember those days too fondly...

Do you think of me having 3 tabs open caused my computer to run slower? I was trying to order it on 3 tabs hoping one will go faster than the other. Was that a mistake? I'm glad that I switched over to road runner, I believe that helped me out.

the same happened to me, i hit the refresh button and it took forever to open the ss page........but i got my vader 4 minutes after the ppo opened.

I think its because you're another bandwagon Batman fan that you were pushed back past three minutes.

If you were original it would have happened quicker. :)

I hit the home page a few mins before the PPO time and it refreshed to the PPO within 30 seconds of 10AM/12PM PST. I placed my order and waited 30 seconds for it to process. Simple and definitely the most streamlined process I have even experienced in the years of participating in SSC & MasterReplicas PPOs. Well done Sideshow!

I am in the UK BTW.

The site does work pretty well for the most part... but this was definitely a nail biter of a pre-order. Just important to trust that the site will work.

just depends how fast your connection is. i bet you couldnt even get an order in from dial-up.

I actually don't think connection speed or anything else on your end has much to do with it. The reason it's slow is that their systems are overwhelmed with accesses -- your computer is just waiting for their side to respond.

I don't know, I just closed all windows except for SS about a minute before the ppo started. did what it said and left it alone. got them both in about a minute and change. :D

yeah i know you're not supposed to refresh but i cant help it. it's habit.:lol

Personally, I think refreshing helped me get the two faux bronze marvel pieces I wanted, I wasn't about to wait for screen to "auto-update" cause I was about 5 seconds waiting and no autoupdate so I just hit refresh and ordered.

But on the Vader PPO, I got it taken care of at SDCC, much simpler.

I don't know, I just closed all windows except for SS about a minute before the ppo started. did what it said and left it alone. got them both in about a minute and change. :D

I should of done that, but I got too excited and this was my first PPO and I never know what to expect. I even clicked the last confirm button twice because it was taking too long. That probably caused my order to go through longer.

I learned my lesson about refreshing. I let the page load until it gives me an error or time out message.

I did not need to PPO today. But a buddy used my computer and I talked him in to being patient on the refreshes and he scored the Vader. He didn't try for the trooper.

Yes, I'm pretty confident I missed out on Vader because I panicked and hit refresh.

Yeah, I have a feeling that refreshing once the PPO has started will lose you your place in line. I did it as well, because sometimes my internet connection just stalls for some reason. I still got in, but it was kind of close.

Back