To Flip Or Not To Flip, That Is The Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonic The MadHOG

Super Freak
Reaction score
Land Of The True Scotsman (Yes Peeps I Don't Own A
I started this thread for people like me, if you wonder what your fellow members do with their Sideshow Collectible when it finally arrives after the months have passed since they were released for pre-order.

Do they keep it and treasure it forever?, do they flip it straight away in an online auction for a nice healthy profit?, do they sit on it until it completely sells out and flip it in an online auction for a small fortune?, do they keep it until space or money is so tight that parting with it is the only option or do they do something else with it?

What do I do?, well I only flip my collectibles if Sideshow release a collectible of a certain size and I think it would be better than one I already have,
(Example) I have a certain space which can hold six PF Figures and Sideshow release a new one of those, if I think to an almost certainty that it's going to be better than one already in my set of six then I'll buy it. So then if it arrives and it's better than one I've already got I flip the old one in eBay for a great profit because it's been long sold out, but if it arrives and Sideshows images made it look better than it actually is (which is rare) then I'd sit on it until the last wait list chance is gone and place it in eBay for a nice little earner on top of the money I had originally paid for it.

I'm just nosy about what use my fellow freaks get out of Sideshow Collectibles & the other manufacturers Sideshow distribute for, maybe get some good ideas. I'm fair game either way, to be honest if I had more storage space I'd flip a lot more because it's clearly a good way to make money and that's one thing we could all do with more of (Apart From Yexel), on the other hand I have a huge healthy collection which contains complete flip-proof pieces that will be held down from generation to generation.

It's a friendly thread so please no criticism of your fellow members buying & selling preferences.

So what do you do with yours?

Last edited:
Flipping isn't as profitable as everyone makes it out to be. You invest a lot of time and money into it and sometimes you lose.

14j0m4i.gif

Do they keep it and treasure it forever?

Yup, I do

do they flip it straight away in an online auction for a nice healthy profit?,

Yup, I have

do they sit on it until it completely sells out and flip it in an online auction for a small fortune?,

Yup, I will

do they keep it until space or money is so tight that parting with it is the only option?

Yup, I regret. :monkey2

Some of the prices I see on eBay for some of the sold out ones are incredible, so some flippers must be doing something right:D
But you have to factor in the fact that they have held on t and stored some of these pieces for years. Also, not every item they buy increases in value, some plummet down in flames.

It's just annoying to hear people brag about this ^^^^ all the time. This should be one of those things people keep to themselves.

But you have to factor in the fact that they have held on t and stored some of these pieces for years. Also, not every item they buy increases in value, some plummet down in flames.

It's just annoying to hear people brag about this ^^^^ all the time. This should be one of those things people keep to themselves.

Yeah space is a major factor, if you ain't got space flipping a lot is impossible really.

I think it is true though, if you buy it you can do whatever you want with it, that's why I'm interested to hear what other people do:joy

Flipping isn't as profitable as everyone makes it out to be. You invest a lot of time and money into it and sometimes you lose.

I actually hear more stories of people losing out on flipping attempts than winning in reality.

Some of the prices I see on eBay for some of the sold out ones are incredible, so some flippers must be doing something right:D

In reality some of those flippers buy something and then put it right back on the market and only make a few bucks.

i hate collectibles. they are ghey. i only buy to flip. i just come to this site and act all enthusiastic to "fool" my fellow freaks aka potential victims...er i mean customers.:D

Back