Vincent Price caricatured bust...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueworld

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this in here as well as the customs thread considering it's content. I hope thats okay.

Firstly I'd like to say that I did not sculpt this. *sigh* I wish I had. :lol

A friend of mine who works as a professional sculptor here in the UK and who isn't a member here asked me to post up images of this sculpt that he did recently to get a little feedback. He was tentatively thinking of producing a limited run of this bust maybe cast on bronze. Maybe doing a few other golden age Horror stars too.

Despite looking so large in the photos, the sculpt is in fact only tiny. About 5" including the sculpted base.

So what does anybody think? I know caricature work isn't normally seen on this forum, but I thought I'd give it a shot...*g*

vince1ahe3.jpg

vince4np5.jpg

vince2mz8.jpg

Man! That looks fantastic! I really love caricature, and this is a great example of it! Great likenesss, great style, and a perfect finish. I'd love to see these cast out in bronze

Thanks for sharing!
Trev

As I said in the custom thread... love it! Wouldn't change a thing... and I think it having a bit of a rough look would be very cool if translated into bronze. I'd be interested in a casting as well... of course that would be heavily dependent on final price :lol

Obviously, given my online nominer, I would be interested in purchasing one of these if they were made available. Tiny is good when you have no room left for collectibles and yet cannot get the monkey off your back.:angelsmil

Obviously, given my online nominer, I would be interested in purchasing one of these if they were made available. Tiny is good when you have no room left for collectibles and yet cannot get the monkey off your back.:angelsmil

Tiny is also good if it is to be bronze! Helps keep the price lower!! :D

Beautiful sculpt!
For those that like caricature, you should also check out Mezco's VP figure from Edward Scissorhands.

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback guys! I've passed all your comments onto him and he's knocked out with the response this first sculpt has received. Thank you all so much.

The item itself has already had a silicone mould taken of it, and so I think he now has to think about whats best to cast it in, and a price.

You here will be the first to know what that will be when he gets that sorted.

If you want to see more examples of my mates work please check out the custom section where I have a duplicate thread going on there too.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1051122#post1051122

Forgive me for bumping this old thread up, but I have an update after all this time. :wave

My friend went onto sculpt a Peter Cushing in the same style as his Vincent Price. He's also done a Jeremy Bret which I've yet to photograph.

petercushing1bysueworld.jpg

petercushing2bysueworld.jpg

Back