PDA

View Full Version : Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Grange Wallis
07-29-2008, 06:32 AM
SDCC Trailer (http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=25151) for the new cartoon! Looks great, I love the 50-60's style of the animation! Can't wait to see it. I know it's targeted at kds but it look great!

Kabukiman
07-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Wow. I don't know how to react to that. The music sounds like something from The Tick!

Should be fun. Just seems like odd timing with all the hoopla over Dark Knight and all.

CelticPredator
07-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Gross....looks like the old Adam West show.
Give me BTAS any day.

Animal Mother.
07-29-2008, 08:28 AM
I hate that SA Green Arrow design with the passion. One of the most boring and lazy designs imo, and thats coming from the same time that we got such Iconic designs (Flash, GL).

bwayne
07-29-2008, 08:34 AM
The thing that kills it for me is that Batman is voiced by that dope from the Drew Carey Show.

Ven
07-29-2008, 10:04 AM
I puked in my mouth.

Joker
07-29-2008, 10:05 AM
The name sounds like a soap opera.

DarthNeil
07-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Or the name sounds like the comic book series in the 70's that had Bats team-up with different heroes in order to shine the spotlight on heroes that aren't named Batman or Superman for a change...

Don't like the look of Green Arrow OR the Blue Beetle-- but as it seems to be a cartoon aimed for kids I think it looks OK.

CelticPredator
07-29-2008, 12:08 PM
I dont see ONE classic villian...just Firefly....I think....?

Batty
12-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I just watched it for the first time last night, and even though it's geared more towards kids, I thought it was actually pretty good... and fun.

The animation style is a bit more cartoony than I'd like, but I actually like the character designs. There's a definite D ick Sprang feel to them. Long time fans of Batman and his different incarnations will probably like this. I'm going to keep watching.

RJMacReady16
12-06-2008, 12:35 PM
I wanted to hate this show, because in my mind BTAS is the quintessential Batman cartoon, and this is not even remotely close....

But this show is kinda' fun. :dunno

Kabukiman
12-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I liked the first two episodes, but for some reason, my DVR stopped recording it. :monkey2

I'll have to find out when it reruns.

TheObsoleteMan
12-06-2008, 01:49 PM
I love this show! It reminds me of the fun Batman I grew up with before he got all dark and broody.

Aquaman was hilarious in a Powdered Toast Man kind of way. :lol

Batty
12-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I missed the first two episodes. It doesn't look like they're rerunning them, yet. I can't find them online either.

I love this show! It reminds me of the fun Batman I grew up with before he got all dark and broody.

Aquaman was hilarious in a Powdered Toast Man kind of way. :lol

He was! :lol

Nocturne
12-07-2008, 08:58 AM
I just watched the first episode, I was really pleasantly suprised, I expected to hate it and while it's no B:TAS it was enjoyable.

Plus it's something I'd be happy to show my 3 year old nephew that he'd find fun and I wouldn't have to worry that would upset him in any way (not that he's a sensitive kid)

Hulksmashed
12-08-2008, 07:15 AM
I liked the first two episodes, but for some reason, my DVR stopped recording it. :monkey2

I'll have to find out when it reruns.

Only missed 1 episode then. Aquaman Team up.

I love this show! It's done in the Brave and Bold style with another Batman Team up each episode. I just love how they are pulling so strongly from the classic DC mythos, but add in more modern angles!

For example, the Blue Beetle that they teamed Bats up with in the first episode is the current Blue Beetle. The classic incarnation was enhanced by a "scarab" but relied more on gadgets. The second Blue Beetle was soley gadgets. The current Blue beetle is the first to rely completely on the symbiotic Scarab lifeform in his neck.

Nocturne
12-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Just watched the Christmas Episode "Invasion of the Secret Santas" I do get the feeling this show's going to continue to be a guilty pleasure. It's a lot of fun. Wasn't quite too sure about the Bruce's childhood thing in this one, made him seem like a really spoiled brat and made it seem like he was more directly responsible for his parents being killed.

Can't see why people have complained so much about it, it's not like the dark interpretation is going anywhere. Was reading the reviews on TV.Com, the series is rated very low, but all the episodes have really high marks. Makes you wonder just how many people have gone on the design of the characters and gone "ugh" without even trying it.

Darklord Dave
12-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I tried to tivo it, but couldn't find it - didn't know to look under Batman rather than Brave & Bold. Secret Santas was the first episode I caught and I was hating it at first. The corny dialogue the attempt to hark back to the 60s series - it just wasn't sitting well with me. But by the end I was a convert. The fact that they did go a bit adult with Bruce's background sold me, as well as the kind of nifty re-design of Red Tornado. Why they went with a new villain rather than Toyman was a head scratcher though.

siquisiri
12-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Im a fan of it. I watch it with my kids, so its all in good fun. Not a bad thing to see batman not pissed all the time.

siquisiri

TheObsoleteMan
12-14-2008, 02:21 PM
I've enjoyed every episode so far. One of the things that gets me about this series is how it can turn on a dime from being funny and campy to dark, and how well they accomplish that mixture. In the Christmas episode when it flashes to Bruce as a kid and he's pouting about not getting the toy he wanted, then they walk into that alley and you see the muzzle flashes and muffled gunfire, that's pretty grim stuff and a total 180 from the tone of the episode up to that point. I think the writing on this series is a lot more clever than people are giving it credit for.

I also got a kick out the Santa Claus Conquers the Martians homage.

CelticPredator
12-14-2008, 02:38 PM
I just want to point out, how god awful Santa Conquers the Martians is. Its so bad, that even the MST3K guys couldnt keep me watching.

LOTRFan
12-14-2008, 02:47 PM
I just want to point out, how god awful Santa Conquers the Martians is. Its so bad, that even the MST3K guys couldnt keep me watching.

But, but THAT is on the Manos DVD ... one of the best! :horror

CelticPredator
12-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Yes. That is the best MST3K ever. So theres that going for it. :D

Nocturne
12-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Have liked how they've added some hidden jokes very subtly for the adults.
Such as when Blue Beetle's channel hopping in the first episode and there's a guy in the suit going "it's called the Aristocrats" in reference to the infamous joke :D

Batty
12-15-2008, 01:01 AM
I liked that they showed the same woman screaming at least three different times. :lol

Nocturne
12-15-2008, 02:59 PM
In a way it is as if they've updated some of the "subversive" humour of the Adam West show, it can be enjoyed again on 2 levels. As heroic Daring Do for the Kids and absurdist with hidden references for their parents, or anyone else watching.

saintsyn
12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm loving this series so far and the Secret Santa episode had me rolling... like a lot of you have pointed out, it's like the writers are aiming for a kids show with wry humor that only the adults pick up on. THis episode had all of the action kids would want, but the fact that Batman and Tornado were beheading and smashing psychotic Santas was great! I like how Batman is still played relatively seriously, but everything around him is completely absurd... Makes it very enjoyable and that's were I find most of the humor. So far the biggest laugh I've gotten out of it is seeing Plastic Man used to shovel monkey poo!:rotfl

Nocturne
12-15-2008, 03:15 PM
So far the biggest laugh I've gotten out of it is seeing Plastic Man used to shovel monkey poo!:rotfl

I had to admit that had me giggling when I watched that. :lol

Was other elements as well, Batman in court saying he'd vouch for Plastic-Man. As if any court would accept that, they don't even know who he is! :lol

Nocturne
01-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Anyone else still watching this ?

I get the feeling this is going to be an underrated little gem, I already like it more than "The Batman" that had the problem of being stuck halfway between the darkness of B:TAS and the Lightness of "The Brave and the Bold" and turning into a bit of a mess because it didn't seem to be able to mix the two together well. It's first season was strong but went downhill very quickly with the addition of Batgirl.

Kabukiman
01-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Anyone else still watching this ?

Hell yeah I am. Just finished the episode with Wild Cat and the Outsiders. I loved the inclusion of Guy Gardner last week! I hope we get to see more of him.

Batty
01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm still watching. This show has been a really nice surprise.

Nocturne
01-11-2009, 02:34 PM
I'll have to agree, I will admit when I saw the character designs (especially Green Arrows) I thought what the hell were they doing. But I thought I'll give it a try and think it's great. The designs lend themselves to some very smooth animation and it's just a hell of a lot of fun.

Will def be getting it on Blu-Ray/DVD which is something I never expected to be doing.

Ven
01-12-2009, 03:30 AM
watched a few episodes, pretty cool, alittle camp but thats pretty nice every once in a while. too much brooding = :yuck

Hulksmashed
01-12-2009, 09:56 AM
watched a few episodes, pretty cool, alittle camp but thats pretty nice every once in a while. too much brooding = :yuck

Yeah it definately has its campy moments, but I agree its refreshing to get away from all the "woe is me" of today's comic books.

The camp is definately intentional though. The show is based on the Brave and The Bold comic book which debuted in 1955. The justice league made its first appearance in issue #28. In other words, the show is based on a comic that came well before the realistic brooding of superheroes and when Camp was all the rage.

SOLIDSNAKE
01-12-2009, 10:18 AM
looks ok but the 1992 animated series still the best.

Nocturne
01-12-2009, 10:24 AM
looks ok but the 1992 animated series still the best.

well it goes without saying

is nice to see something different, otherwise we'd all complain it had just ripped off B:TAS and not done it very well

Wolf873
01-12-2009, 05:08 PM
It's a great show. At first I didn't like it (this was only judging by trailer), but than I saw it and accepted its cheesiness which in itself is great entertainment I might say.

Batty
01-17-2009, 12:23 PM
This week's episode was another good one, but what was with the opening of the show having nothing to do with the Deadman/Gentleman Ghost story line? It seemed a bit strange.

Nocturne
01-17-2009, 01:13 PM
They've done that with the past few eps. Like the Guy Gardner intro having nothing to do with the Wildcat storyline in the main episode.

Is just a bit of fun I guess, allows them to introduce even more DC Characters faster.
Seems like they're using Batman as a springboard to introduce more of the second tier characters to a younger audience so they'll see them as all being on the same level.

Personally I've always seen that with DC, there's Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman and probably the average man on the street couldn't name any others. Whereas they probably could with Marvel Comics.

FQRizzo
01-17-2009, 05:08 PM
This week's episode was another good one, but what was with the opening of the show having nothing to do with the Deadman/Gentleman Ghost story line? It seemed a bit strange.

They've done that with the past few eps. Like the Guy Gardner intro having nothing to do with the Wildcat storyline in the main episode.

I thought most (if not all) of the episodes started out that way.

Batty
01-17-2009, 05:27 PM
I thought most (if not all) of the episodes started out that way.

I guess I haven't been paying attention. :lol

When it came back after the opening titles, I was waiting for it to go back to the Kamandi story. :o

Nocturne
01-18-2009, 05:02 AM
I'd have to say that last episode was probably my favourite so far. Am really enjoying the music in it as well, so I hope it gets some form of soundtrack release in the future.

Plus having the next episode preview voiced by Peter "Optimus Prime" Cullen is just the icing on the cake :D I knew he'd done one for B:TAS so it's nice to see the relationship continue.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/abjaodJii-4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/abjaodJii-4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
B:TAS Promo with Peter Cullen

Batty
03-01-2009, 08:47 PM
I continue to really enjoy this show, and loved this week's episode. It was great that they showed how Red Hood became The Joker (even if it was in the alternate universe). I can't wait for next week.

Darth Waller
03-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I've been recording reruns of this show the last few weeks. It's pretty fun to watch.

SOLIDSNAKE
03-01-2009, 09:01 PM
yeaa ! really good show.
looking forward to the next episode.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d4e0xcmtYwo&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d4e0xcmtYwo&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

FQRizzo
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
This show has been consistently kicking ass every week. I loved the nod to Alan Moore's origin of the Joker in The Killing Joke by having an appearance of the Red Hood. :rock

Dr.Mirakle32
03-01-2009, 09:39 PM
The Red Hood character/origin was created back in the fifties.

Batty
03-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I want to watch this week's episode only to find out CN changed the air time to 8:30. My DVD recorded the show that was on at 8:00. :(

FQRizzo
03-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I want to watch this week's episode only to find out CN changed the air time to 8:30. My DVD recorded the show that was on at 8:00. :(

Mine did too. It recorded the Secret Saturdays (lame). Keep an eye out, CN replays the new Batman all weekend.

Batty
03-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Mine did too. It recorded the Secret Saturdays (lame). Keep an eye out, CN replays the new Batman all weekend.

I did a quick check, I think the next time is Wednesday at 5:30. Part 1 will be on right before it.

I don't get why they would change the airtime so late in the season.

Kabukiman
03-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I caught it this morning. Great episode. Very similar to last week's, but different somehow. ;)

FQRizzo
03-07-2009, 07:52 PM
I did a quick check, I think the next time is Wednesday at 5:30. Part 1 will be on right before it.

I don't get why they would change the airtime so late in the season.

I think it's good for the show to be right before Clone Wars. BatB kicks ass and I think people are noticing, hence the better time slot.

Batty
03-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I caught it this morning. Great episode. Very similar to last week's, but different somehow. ;)

:lol :lol :lol

I think it's good for the show to be right before Clone Wars. BatB kicks ass and I think people are noticing, hence the better time slot.

That's true. It's just weird since Clone Wars only has a few episodes left. I guess it's good if they continue with reruns. I'm not sure how many Batman has left. This week's wasn't the last, was it?

Nocturne
03-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Just got round to watching it and I can't actually remember laughing so much at a show that's meant for kids. Have enjoyed the series since ep 1 but this one was special.

Anyone else find that OwlMan's Batman suit although being based on the original suit from Detective Comics 27 looked at times a lot like the suit from Justice League Unlimited ?

Hulksmashed
03-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Huge fan of the show! It plays out the DC Universe in a fun and refreshing way. Lots of tongue in cheek comments and actions. Not too dark, but mature enough that they can keep it interesting.

Kabukiman
03-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Anyone else find that OwlMan's Batman suit although being based on the original suit from Detective Comics 27 looked at times a lot like the suit from Justice League Unlimited ?

That's totally what they were going for. Same with the "spare" batmobile. This show: :rock

Batty
05-08-2009, 10:12 AM
New episode tonight. I didn't realize it was coming back so soon.

Kabukiman
05-08-2009, 11:29 AM
New episode tonight. I didn't realize it was coming back so soon.

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know either. :rock

FQRizzo
05-08-2009, 07:10 PM
The new episode was great.

Best line of the show:

Ms. Man-Face: You would hit a lady, would you?

Batman: The hammer of justice is unisex

*whack*

TheObsoleteMan
05-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I love this show's sense of humor. It's quite twisted at times.

piccolodaimaoh
05-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I am a huge fan of the show. You can tell the producers and writers on this show are big fans of DC, not just Silver but modern age. Look at the versions of Black Canary and Huntress they used on last night's episode.
I know they do not plan to use the "big guns" like Superman, Wonder Woman, Wally West/Bart Allen Flash and John Stewart Green Lantern but that is okay. I loved seeing Hal Jordan and Jay Garrick got his due. Personal favorite episode is the one were Batman teams up with Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson and the Demon to stop Gentleman Ghost. Best episode, imho, the Owlman 2 part episode, love that original Batman costume and Jeff Bennet was not bad as Joker/Red Hood.

darkknight
05-10-2009, 06:14 PM
I grew to love this show. At first I didn't like the characters designs, but after watching it I grew to love it. Great show for all ages, not to dark like the previous show. I'm also buying key character figures of the show. Got Batman a few days ago and picked up Aquaman and Blue Beetle today. I'm looking forward for the Batmobile and Batplane.

Nice to see them intoducing other characters other than the A list. Never knew the new Blue Beetle was a pretty cool character. Reminds me of Batman from Batman Beyond.

Buttmunch
05-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I am a huge fan of the show. You can tell the producers and writers on this show are big fans of DC, not just Silver but modern age. Look at the versions of Black Canary and Huntress they used on last night's episode.
I know they do not plan to use the "big guns" like Superman, Wonder Woman, Wally West/Bart Allen Flash and John Stewart Green Lantern but that is okay. I loved seeing Hal Jordan and Jay Garrick got his due. Personal favorite episode is the one were Batman teams up with Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson and the Demon to stop Gentleman Ghost. Best episode, imho, the Owlman 2 part episode, love that original Batman costume and Jeff Bennet was not bad as Joker/Red Hood.

I have to disagree there. I think they made a horrible choice with the voice of the Joker. I was really disapointed with it. I just doesn't fit the character or even how this Joker is animated. Mark Hamill is still the man to beat, but the guy that did the Joker in The Batman series was good too. This new guy, not so much.

Batty
05-10-2009, 11:57 PM
I really enjoyed the last episode (I wasn't too crazy about the Batmobile Transformer). It was funny when Beetle was watching Huntress and it was in soft focus and slow motion. I thought it was great how they did that.

And the "hammer of justice is unisex" was a great line. :lol

piccolodaimaoh
05-11-2009, 12:57 AM
I have to disagree there. I think they made a horrible choice with the voice of the Joker. I was really disapointed with it. I just doesn't fit the character or even how this Joker is animated. Mark Hamill is still the man to beat, but the guy that did the Joker in The Batman series was good too. This new guy, not so much.

I completely agree, Hamill is the Joker. The only thing is this is a different type of Joker. He is more like the 1940's/50's Joker. This Joker even looks more like the original version from 1940.
This is a completely different show with completely different versions of the characters and for that I love the voice work of this interpretation of the Joker.

Darklord Dave
05-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Anyone else disturbed by the sexual potpourri that is Mrs. Man-Face in a relationship with Baby-face?

More like ^^^^ Tracy villains than Batman.

How about Huntress (really Batman's daughter) flirting openly with him? (I know it's not THAT Huntress, but still...)

This show can be a lot of fun - I love it when they go off on a tangent, such as Aquaman's personality.

FQRizzo
05-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Anyone else disturbed by the sexual potpourri that is Mrs. Man-Face in a relationship with Baby-face?

How about Huntress (really Batman's daughter) flirting openly with him? (I know it's not THAT Huntress, but still...)

This show can be a lot of fun - I love it when they go off on a tangent, such as Aquaman's personality.

It can make one squeamish, but Ms. Man-Face is a woman and Baby-face isn't a baby.

Does Batman really have a daughter? I thought he only had a son...hmmm.

darkknight
05-12-2009, 01:38 PM

Yeah, in an alternate universe a different Huntress were Batman and Catwomans daughter.

:lol I love BATB Aquaman, he cracks me up.

Kabukiman
05-12-2009, 02:46 PM
:lol I love BATB Aquaman, he cracks me up.

Me too! I just love every episode he's in. His attitude is very much like The Tick.

Hi-ho Platelet!

piccolodaimaoh
05-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Me too! I just love every episode he's in. His attitude is very much like The Tick.

Hi-ho Platelet!

Aquaman is kind of like if Mr. Satan or Hulk Hogan were DC superheroes. This show is really fun, I loved the Batmobile turning into a mech. He looked like Mazinger Z, or Batzinger Z.

Batty
05-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Friday's Bat-Mite episode was one of the best! There was so much packed into it. I loved all the Loony Tunes references, and the fanboy part was great too. I hope Paul Dini is writing more episodes.

Darklord Dave
05-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Friday's Bat-Mite episode was one of the best! There was so much packed into it. I loved all the Loony Tunes references, and the fanboy part was great too. I hope Paul Dini is writing more episodes.

Yes, this was a postmodern episode. All the references to other incarnations of Batman and the geek panel where they actually came forth with a answer to all the complaints that B:B&B isn't the Batman fans expect in this era. Definitely a smart episode and probably over the heads of any kids watching the show.

Entropy
05-31-2009, 11:35 AM

:lecture

Yup. Def one of the best.

Buttmunch
05-31-2009, 02:54 PM
I also liked how we got to see more bat villians we haven't yet - Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Two-face, Killer Moth, etc. Hopefully we get to see the real versions of all of them at some point.

jinxx
05-31-2009, 03:07 PM
I thought I was watching Drawn Together!:monkey1........

Hulksmashed
06-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Yes, this was a postmodern episode. All the references to other incarnations of Batman and the geek panel where they actually came forth with a answer to all the complaints that B:B&B isn't the Batman fans expect in this era. Definitely a smart episode and probably over the heads of any kids watching the show.

The irony is that while the underlying content of the show was well beyond most children, the animation and antics were so zanny and loony toonish that my 16 month old was clapping in delight. A good way to stick it to the critics that think Batman is better then the show! Very brilliant episode. I likened this episode to the Mr. Mtzylplict (spelling? haha) episode of Superman: The animated Series. :rock:rock

I have to point out that the best line in the show so far was in the Baby Face episode. "The hammer of justice is unisex".

I also liked how we got to see more bat villians we haven't yet - Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Two-face, Killer Moth, etc. Hopefully we get to see the real versions of all of them at some point.

Might be a while before we see the regular batman Rogues gallery. This show focuses on a much larger DCU then just Batman. Personally, I would prefer to see the common batman Rogues played out in the prelude team up in the beginning. Similar to how they tackled Bane.

Buttmunch
06-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Might be a while before we see the regular batman Rogues gallery. This show focuses on a much larger DCU then just Batman. Personally, I would prefer to see the common batman Rogues played out in the prelude team up in the beginning. Similar to how they tackled Bane.

That would be fine by mean too. That is mostly how we've seen Grundy in this series. Anyway we can get some of of Batman's classic villians in there would be fine by me.

Hulksmashed
06-01-2009, 08:53 PM
That would be fine by mean too. That is mostly how we've seen Grundy in this series. Anyway we can get some of of Batman's classic villians in there would be fine by me.

Agreed! :rock

Kabukiman
08-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Saw a commercial for this to be released on DVD this Tuesday. Was excited, and then severely disappointed when I went to order and found out it's being released in "volumes" rather than seasons. Only for episodes on the DVD. :monkey2

FQRizzo
08-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Saw a commercial for this to be released on DVD this Tuesday. Was excited, and then severely disappointed when I went to order and found out it's being released in "volumes" rather than seasons. Only for episodes on the DVD. :monkey2

Big thumbs down from FQRizzo. :mad:

Kabukiman
10-23-2009, 05:39 PM
LOVED tonight's episode! It was a musical episode, much like Buffy The Musical, with Neil Patrick Harris guesting as "The Music Meister"

I cannot say enough good things about this show. If you didn't know season two started (I didn't), you do now. Make sure you catch this episode on repeats if you missed it. Definitely a classic.

Darklord Dave
10-23-2009, 10:06 PM
It was no Sondheim or even Whedon - but it was a lot of fun. I loved how Meister's costume changed musical styles from moment to moment. Too bad Bader didn't get to sing much though - sounds like he has a decent voice. But it was really NPH's tour de force - he's singing almost non-stop through the entire show.

Buttmunch
10-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I thought it was a great episode. You could tell they put a lot more work into this episode than normal. Very funny. Strangely, it makes me feel the Spider-man musical might not end up half bad.

Kabukiman
02-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Video game on the way: http://kotaku.com/5478060/batman-the-brave-and-the-bold-coming-to-ds-wii-not-soaps
:banana:banana:banana

Buttmunch
04-10-2010, 07:48 PM
I thought all of the voices this season has been great. The episode with the alternate universe was great with Kevin Conroy as the alternate universe Batman. And Lex and Louis from the Superman animated series reprising their roles.

And this last one was great with Adam West as Thomas Wayne. I thought it was also a great way to finally show us Bruce Wayne on this show too. Very cool and unexpected for me!

Kabukiman
02-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Season One part 1 is finally out on DVD. Don't know when it came out, but I picked it up at Best Buy for $14.99 while I was there for Alice In Wonderland.

Season One part 2 comes out March 15 according to Amazon.

And yes, this are proper season sets, not those weird volume shenanigans they put out earlier. No Blu-Ray that I'm aware of though... :monkey2

Kabukiman
12-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Finally got to see the series finale: "Mitefall". It was probably the best series finale I've ever seen. I'm really gonna miss this show. :monkey2

FQRizzo
12-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Finally got to see the series finale: "Mitefall". It was probably the best series finale I've ever seen. I'm really gonna miss this show. :monkey2

I don't know, I think the show really jumped the shark. :wave

Kabukiman
12-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I don't know, I think the show really jumped the shark. :wave

:exactly: It certainly did! :lol

Buttmunch
12-02-2011, 07:32 AM
I just hope we get a darker, more serious Batman cartoon now.

Kabukiman
12-02-2011, 09:23 AM

:pfft:

Wait... is Buttmunch Batmite?!?!?!?

If you haven't seen the ep...
Batmite spends the episode trying to get Brave and the Bold canceled so a new darker Batman show can take it's place.

SnakeDoctor
12-03-2011, 09:36 PM

I haven't watched much of Brave and the Bold because I tend to prefer a darker version, and it seemed a bit lighthearted. The finale sounded clever though. I may pick it up on DVD if I ever find it cheap enough.

Even though there are some interactions with Superman or the Justice League that I enjoy ... I think Batman works better when he's not surrounded by superheroes. Brave/Bold was very much the opposite of that.

I actually liked "The Batman" quite a bit. I haven't seen all of it, but I mostly liked the reimagined rogues gallery ... particularly the Riddler, and Clayface. There are a couple of character designs from The Batman that I prefer to BTAS. Biggest disappointment is the absence of Two Face, though.

SnakeDoc

batfan08
07-16-2013, 02:35 AM
It's finally coming to Blu-Ray!

Courtesy of a poster on the Blu-Ray.com forums:

I was reading Stormwatch #22 yesterday and saw this advertisement for Batman: The Brave and the Bold Season One. Its coming from Warner Archives and is supposed to be coming out soon.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5049/nb4p.jpg

Uncanny Web-Slinger
07-16-2013, 05:06 AM
Hope it comes out over here, best Batman show since BTAS and BB

batfan08
07-16-2013, 09:00 AM
You could probably order it direct. The Warner Archives stuff is on a made to order basis, I believe, so I don't think location should be a factor. The only hiccup I can think of is that shipping may cost more.