Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I don't know how to react to that. The music sounds like something from The Tick!

Should be fun. Just seems like odd timing with all the hoopla over Dark Knight and all.

I hate that SA Green Arrow design with the passion. One of the most boring and lazy designs imo, and thats coming from the same time that we got such Iconic designs (Flash, GL).

The thing that kills it for me is that Batman is voiced by that dope from the Drew Carey Show.

Or the name sounds like the comic book series in the 70's that had Bats team-up with different heroes in order to shine the spotlight on heroes that aren't named Batman or Superman for a change...

Don't like the look of Green Arrow OR the Blue Beetle-- but as it seems to be a cartoon aimed for kids I think it looks OK.

I just watched it for the first time last night, and even though it's geared more towards kids, I thought it was actually pretty good... and fun.

The animation style is a bit more cartoony than I'd like, but I actually like the character designs. There's a definite D ick Sprang feel to them. Long time fans of Batman and his different incarnations will probably like this. I'm going to keep watching.

I wanted to hate this show, because in my mind BTAS is the quintessential Batman cartoon, and this is not even remotely close....

But this show is kinda' fun. :dunno

I liked the first two episodes, but for some reason, my DVR stopped recording it. :monkey2

I'll have to find out when it reruns.

I love this show! It reminds me of the fun Batman I grew up with before he got all dark and broody.

Aquaman was hilarious in a Powdered Toast Man kind of way. :lol

I missed the first two episodes. It doesn't look like they're rerunning them, yet. I can't find them online either.

I love this show! It reminds me of the fun Batman I grew up with before he got all dark and broody.

Aquaman was hilarious in a Powdered Toast Man kind of way. :lol

He was! :lol

I just watched the first episode, I was really pleasantly suprised, I expected to hate it and while it's no B:TAS it was enjoyable.

Plus it's something I'd be happy to show my 3 year old nephew that he'd find fun and I wouldn't have to worry that would upset him in any way (not that he's a sensitive kid)

I liked the first two episodes, but for some reason, my DVR stopped recording it. :monkey2

I'll have to find out when it reruns.

Only missed 1 episode then. Aquaman Team up.

I love this show! It's done in the Brave and Bold style with another Batman Team up each episode. I just love how they are pulling so strongly from the classic DC mythos, but add in more modern angles!

For example, the Blue Beetle that they teamed Bats up with in the first episode is the current Blue Beetle. The classic incarnation was enhanced by a "scarab" but relied more on gadgets. The second Blue Beetle was soley gadgets. The current Blue beetle is the first to rely completely on the symbiotic Scarab lifeform in his neck.

Just watched the Christmas Episode "Invasion of the Secret Santas" I do get the feeling this show's going to continue to be a guilty pleasure. It's a lot of fun. Wasn't quite too sure about the Bruce's childhood thing in this one, made him seem like a really spoiled brat and made it seem like he was more directly responsible for his parents being killed.

Can't see why people have complained so much about it, it's not like the dark interpretation is going anywhere. Was reading the reviews on TV.Com, the series is rated very low, but all the episodes have really high marks. Makes you wonder just how many people have gone on the design of the characters and gone "ugh" without even trying it.

I tried to tivo it, but couldn't find it - didn't know to look under Batman rather than Brave & Bold. Secret Santas was the first episode I caught and I was hating it at first. The corny dialogue the attempt to hark back to the 60s series - it just wasn't sitting well with me. But by the end I was a convert. The fact that they did go a bit adult with Bruce's background sold me, as well as the kind of nifty re-design of Red Tornado. Why they went with a new villain rather than Toyman was a head scratcher though.

I've enjoyed every episode so far. One of the things that gets me about this series is how it can turn on a dime from being funny and campy to dark, and how well they accomplish that mixture. In the Christmas episode when it flashes to Bruce as a kid and he's pouting about not getting the toy he wanted, then they walk into that alley and you see the muzzle flashes and muffled gunfire, that's pretty grim stuff and a total 180 from the tone of the episode up to that point. I think the writing on this series is a lot more clever than people are giving it credit for.

I also got a kick out the Santa Claus Conquers the Martians homage.

Back