PDA

View Full Version : commerce suggestion

tylerd
07-29-2008, 03:32 AM
as we have a feedback sticky for buyers and sellers, how about a sticky for buyers that ask for shipping estimates, then never reply back after you tell them. it's happened to me on a few occasions. sellers should know if a buyer is discourteous before getting jerked around. i charge actual shipping overseas, so i'm puzzled because i don't set the shipping prices. makes me think how serious the buyer actually was. and even when i requested they let me know either way, they still don't reply. :confused: if i take the time to research shipping, the least a buyer can do is let me know yes or no.

915stag51
07-29-2008, 03:36 AM
as we have a feedback sticky for buyers and sellers, how about a sticky for buyers that ask for shipping estimates, then never reply back after you tell them. it's happened to me on a few occasions. sellers should know if a buyer is discourteous before getting jerked around. i charge actual shipping overseas, so i'm puzzled because i don't set the shipping prices. makes me think how serious the buyer actually was. and even when i requested they let me know either way, they still don't reply. :confused: if i take the time to research shipping, the least a buyer can do is let me know yes or no.

Thats a good idea Man... As for me, no more shipping overseas, to much BULL S*#T!!!!

carbo-fation
07-29-2008, 03:42 AM
Well, personally, I think we already have enough rules as is for the commerce section. If some buyers don't respond to you, just block them from any future sales. Having too many lists of this kind can be become a hassle and a turn-off when it comes to selling on this board....IMO. I still miss the good old days when we could sell stuff without having to worry about idiots like these.

tylerd
07-29-2008, 03:46 AM
Well, personally, I think we already have enough rules as is for the commerce section. If some buyers don't respond to you, just block them from any future sales. Having too many lists of this kind can be become a hassle and a turn-off when it comes to selling on this board....IMO. I still miss the good old days when we could sell stuff without having to worry about idiots like these.

if it was an isolated buyer, i would take it in stride. too many though and it results in having to make forum commerce suggestions. i'd rather have people just extend the courtesy instead.

occulum
07-29-2008, 04:39 AM
just put a disclaimer in your shipping quote that says its good for 3days, after that, if no response item goes back up for sale .....

tylerd
07-29-2008, 06:17 AM
just put a disclaimer in your shipping quote that says its good for 3days, after that, if no response item goes back up for sale .....

i ask to let me know either way whether you want it or not, and still no reply from some people. it's perplexing but after some discussion, members feel a week is an acceptable time to wait before moving on to the next interested person.

ProgMatinee
07-29-2008, 08:16 AM
I think there is a big difference between:

1: "How much is shipping?"

and

2: "I'll take it, how much is shipping?"

Which are you getting? If someone simply asks for a quote and you respond, I don't think thats anything near binding on either party. So you shouldn't feel compelled to hold onto it if a more solid offer to buy comes around. People who say something like #2 need to learn to be more like #1 and not lead you on.

Adoptedscot
07-29-2008, 08:34 AM
While I'm all for making the Commerce section as safe as possible I think rules like this would cause more problems than anything.
If something like this was implemented, where would it stop?
Do we also have feedback for sellers who don't communicate or respond to a pm or ship within a certain timeframe too?..the list could be endless of potential rules and feedbacks that could be put in there.

All i'm trying to say is as you pointed out in your thread in commerce, communication is the key to any successful transaction,comms from both sides is paramount.Unfortunately sometimes it breaks down.

I think good idea is what Occulum suggested, something like:
'if I dont hear from you in X hours/days, then I will consider the transaction void and will approach the next person or bump the thread as 'for sale again''. Place it either in the original thread or in the pm's when talking with a potential buyer

At least that way you give the potential buyer a chance to respond and you're letting them know if they don't respond that you may show it as for sale again.
x :D

tylerd
07-29-2008, 08:35 AM
I think there is a big difference between:

1: "How much is shipping?"

and

2: "I'll take it, how much is shipping?"

Which are you getting? If someone simply asks for a quote and you respond, I don't think thats anything near binding on either party. So you shouldn't feel compelled to hold onto it if a more solid offer to buy comes around. People who say something like #2 need to learn to be more like #1 and not lead you on.

well, i had been including shipping in the price for u.s. buyers. i usually put in my for sale, serious international buyers, pm for shipping estimate. since i only charge what actual shipping is, i can't see the actual shipping cost being a deal breaker. i get the feeling some are inquiring for the hell of it with no serious intention of purchase.

i'm not asking for a commitment to purchase, just the courtesy of a yes or no.
like said before, if i go through the trouble of looking up the cost, just let me know if you want it or not.

Darklord Dave
07-29-2008, 09:04 AM
No. Not even remotely feasible.

Bannister
07-29-2008, 10:48 AM

:lol:lol:lol

tomandshell
07-29-2008, 10:54 AM
If I had a dollar for every unanswered shipping quote I have provided, then I would be rich enough to not have to sell on eBay anymore. Part of selling involves providing information and if the quote's too high they move on without comment. The seller needs to go out of his/her way to provide information to a potential customer that could lead to a sale.

If I got a PM like this, I would probably expect a response:

"I am very interested in your item! Please let me know what it would cost to ship to Singapore, postal code XXXXX, and I will get back to you."

If I got one like this, I would fire off a response and not expect to hear from them again:

"How much for shipping to Singapore?"

pixletwin
07-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Lack of courtesy is not grounds for a negative feedback.

tomandshell
07-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Or else a lot of people around here would be in big trouble, lol.

carbo-fation
07-29-2008, 11:45 AM

Denied!l:lol

tylerd
07-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Denied!l:lol

i've already accepted that any suggestion i make here will be turned down. my intention was to get people to talk about the subject. success!!! :lol

ProgMatinee
07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
i've already accepted that any suggestion i make here will be turned down. my intention was to get people to talk about the subject. success!!! :lol

:lecture
:lol

carbo-fation
07-29-2008, 03:02 PM

:lol:lol:lol

KAOSINLA
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
The main part of selling/sales is service and it is up to the seller to provide it...sometimes it's rewarded and sometimes it is not. Sure it would be great if everyone was polite and courteous, but to expect that is utopian nonsense.