PDA

View Full Version : X-Men: First Class

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

The Mike
07-28-2008, 05:45 PM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1124/xmenfirstclassbu4.jpg

Fox Opening Registration for X-Men: First Class?
Source: D.Mac
July 28, 2008

An interesting listing at Production Weekly caught our eye - "X-Men: First Class." Could 20th Century Fox be developing a movie based on the series written by Jeff Parker and pencilled by Roger Cruz? Or are they using the title of that comic for their proposed Young X-Men spin-off?

What makes it even more interesting is that X-MenFirstClass.com redirects to FoxMovies.com.

The "X-Men: First Class" was an eight-issue mini-series published from September of 2006 through April of 2007. As Special was also released in May of 2007 followed by a monthly series that started in 2007 with the same creative team. The comic is described as follows:

For millions of years, mankind's place on Earth was unchallenged – until five young people paved the way for a new kind of human. While students at the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Beast and Iceman taught the world what it meant to be X-Men. These are the hidden stories of the team that laid the foundation of a mutant dynasty!

We'll have to wait and see if official news on this hits.

The interesting thing is that this one was of the rumors for the "Origins" trilogy.....X3 connected Beast as a former member of the X-Men but Angel was made young and not an official member....should be interesting to see how they handle that continuity flub if this goes forward.

The Mike
09-18-2009, 07:17 PM
X-Men: First Class To Film In 2010

It would appear that Fox’s latest assault on The Franchise That Singer Built is set to start production in a scant few months, at least according to Tim Pocock (aka - one of the many things wrong with X-Men Origins: Wolverine).

You might remember Pocock as the young Scott Summers in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. You know, the actor in his 20s playing the high school-age version of a character that would have been in elementary school when the Three Mile Island incident occurred. It’s Ok if you forgot him though, he wasn’t particularly great in the part anyway.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8607/firstclass.jpg

Well, he’s going to be back for X-Men: First Class. Soon.

Producer Lauren Schuler Donner has been playing coy about what’s next on on Fox’s X-Men slate, saying recently "I think there are some wonderful storylines I’d like to pursue in X-Men 4 and 5, but who knows? Obviously, Fox is my partner, so we’re in discussions about what will be next." However, this didn’t stop Pocock from telling his whopping 90 Twitter followers that he’s "currently shooting Australian TV series till February 2010…then X-men first class ;)"

Alright, the cast for the next X-Men movie, so far, is…the version of Cyclops from the X-Men movie people liked even less than X3. Awesome.

Hey, at least the script is from Josh Schwartz, the guy who created Chuck. Oh, and The O.C. and Gossip Girl. Wonderful.

I really hope those rumors that Bryan Singer might come back and direct this turn out to be true. This ship needs a ^^^^ing captain again.

karamazov80
09-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Ugh. Such great potential with this franchise, but it all went wrong when Singer left. Oh, well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but that kid did not scream "Cyclops" at all to me. Yeah, he was skinny and white with brown hair, but no potential leader vibes at all that I saw.

In the comic, Scott took over pretty early when Prof. went off after Lucifer, and so he always had that characteristic of being capable of leading, and of a willingness to accept the responsibilities involved in doing that. I just don't see this kid pulling that off.

Agent0028
09-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Iceman is too young to be in the first class too. They'll probably give us two other people to replace Angel and Iceman.

Darklord Dave
09-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Hey, at least the script is from Josh Schwartz, the guy who created Chuck. Oh, and The O.C. and Gossip Girl. Wonderful.

All three series with snappy dialogue, intriguing, flawed characters and some very cool plot twists. Much, much better than the man who killed Superman.

TOE
09-18-2009, 09:40 PM
WTF?!!! This thread is OLD !!!!

TOE
09-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I actually like reading this series but will wait for the movie to come out before I give any judgment.

Agent0028
09-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Mike, your new sig is hilarious, but not mesmerizing like those in the past.

what's the score with the x-men licence can't marvel take it off fox and do things properly in their own studio?

The Mike
09-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Mike, your new sig is hilarious, but not mesmerizing like those in the past.

True....but they are back. ;)

The Mike
05-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Interesting News:

James McAvoy will step into Patrick Stewart's iconic shoes as a young Professor X in "X-Men: First Class," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Patrick played the role of the X-Men's telepathic, wheelchair-bound mentor in the three previous "X-Men" films and had a brief cameo in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

"First Class," directed by Matthew Vaughn, will follow the mutant superhero team during their early years. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the story will include a look at Professor X's youthful friendship with Erik Lensherr -- later the villainous Magneto -- before the two became arch-rivals. Whether or not James will lose his full head of hair to play the bald psychic was not reported.

The film is scheduled for a June 3, 2011, theatrical release.

hunnipot85
05-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Some people think Aaron Johnson may be in this as well.. there's a pic of him at lunch or something recently with James McAvoy and Matthew Vaughn.

The Mike
05-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I could see Aaron Johnson pulling off Cyclops especially at the age he'd have to be considering that McAvoy is Professor X.

Darklord Dave
05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
So if will be more like X-Babies? With McAvoy as Xavier, none of the regular X-Men would have been born yet.

Memnoch
05-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Well folks - looks like Im out for this one. And it had SUCH potential, if they were smarter.

hunnipot85
05-28-2010, 06:02 PM
I have a feeling this film will just be about Pro X and Magneto... and whomever else was around when they were younger? Who does that include? Moira or something? :lol

Agent0028
05-28-2010, 07:09 PM
They'll just take a few other characters and put them in that era like they have before.

I agree with Memnoch, this isn't sounding like its going to be that great. It's maybe slightly better than a solo Magneto movie.

Memnoch
05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
The more I hear about it, the more I just go ugh. Reboot the damn series with age appropriate actors - or even CGI'ed Stewart and McKellen. Add in Moira, make the first class consist of Angel, Iceman, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Toad, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Mastermind. Have conflict between the two groups in the first film, and have them separate. Then at least you have the REAL first X-Men team and the REAL first Brotherhood. You can also then play out the family drama of Magneto and his kids, the romantic relationship between Charles and Moira to the point where she leaves him. It COULD be great - but wait, this is Hollywood - it's gonna suck.

The Mike
05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
So if will be more like X-Babies? With McAvoy as Xavier, none of the regular X-Men would have been born yet.

Actually of you _____ing aren't up on your comic histories. Xavier is a genius, graduates from Harvard at 16, spends two years in Oxford and then gets drafted into the Korean War. That would place him 18 at 1950 the earliest he'd be able to be drafted into the Korean War. X-Men 1 was in 1963 which you add only 13 years to the age of Xavier. That would put him at 31 when he first forms the X-Men. McAvoy is 31 right now. What the ____ are all of you _____ing about?

Not to mention that Cyke, Jean, Hank were mentioned at being between the ages of 15-17 when they first joined the X-Men. What exactly did you want to see concerning First Class?

ShadowX81
05-28-2010, 10:01 PM
But this isnt the comics. The prequel films are clearly taking place in the same universe as the original movies. Xavier is obviously much older by 10 years than his first class of students students. He looks like he is in his 70s. He was already going into his middle ages when he met Jean in X3, and she was a child then. And considering that Cyke, Jean, and Beast are in thier late 30s at the apsolute oldest, that would put them graduating Highschool in the late 80s, meaning he would have been almost if not already 50 when he formed the X-men.

The Mike
05-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Here is the thing with prequels they ____ with continuity all the time. Do people forget how much stuff went down in the SW prequels that changes the original trilogy? Take Anakin being Sebastian Shaw when unmasked, no way in hell that connects to the timeline set by Hayden Christenson's portrayal in the prequels but it's there. This will be no different. I guarantee they are looking more at the comic than at the previous films for a driver.

The Entity
05-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Just saw this pic on a Dutch moviesite:

http://www.filmtotaal.nl/images/newscontent/a52beef.jpg

There was a bunch of speculation posted beneath it, saying that Aaron Johnson might be Cyclops or Magneto... But it's just speculation...

Agent0028
05-29-2010, 09:30 AM
I didn't realize Xavier was so young he founded the X-Men, I always thought he was significantly older. I don't think it'll wreak that much havoc with the little scene at the beginning of X3, most people dislike the movie so who cares if that continuity goes out the window. Or they can always do like Lucas and refilm it with the new actors so it fits. :lol

GuruAskew
06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't wanna go too far off topic but...

Take Anakin being Sebastian Shaw when unmasked, no way in hell that connects to the timeline set by Hayden Christenson's portrayal in the prequels but it's there.

Palpatine's sudden aging pretty much explains that away. If anything that's why that was included. Lucas easily could have left McDiarmid as-is in the prequels and just used the passage of time between trilogies to explain his aged-by-makeup appearance in "Jedi" but he didn't, he showed the Dark Side corrupting and aging him almost instantly and it's not much of a stretch to assume that's why unmasked Vader doesn't look like Hayden Christensen in his 40's.

But hey, "no way in hell" sure is more dramatic than "1 rational way in RotS".

jimjimmyjones85
06-03-2010, 05:43 AM
As an avid fan, I will deal with what we receive. I can only hope it stirs desires for more base on our favorite characters.

If it's bad, it won't be the first time.

hicks
06-03-2010, 07:28 AM
arn't they still sorting the script so there not shooting yet, as far i know.
i agree with jimjimmyjones85 will it be the same as Wolverine movie ending when Xavier helped the x-men escape.

The Mike
06-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Interesting since she isn't an original member or in the First Class comic and still a very different actress than the Wolverine actress...

http://www.joblo.com/moviehotties/images/profile-photos/orig/rosamund-pike.jpg

Rosamund Pike Up for Emma Frost?
by Silas Lesnick
Jun 9th, 2010
The British actress may be joining X-Men: First Class
Rosamund Pike, the British actress who appeared most recently in Surrogates may be playing Emma Frost, aka the White Queen in next summer's X-Men: First Class, according to a story at Forces of Geek.

According to the site, Pike has been spotted in the offices of X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn's casting director and also seen carrying Emma Frost comic books.

Casting rumors for the film are pouring in with, just earlier today, Michael Fassbender rumored to be in the running for the part of Magneto. With shooting set to begin in just a few months, it shouldn't be long before Fox offers official confirmation.

karamazov80
06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Interesting since she isn't an original member or in the First Class comic and still a very different actress than the Wolverine actress...

Good. Whomever that was who played White Queen in the Wolvie movie was pretty horrible, IMO, and not overly attactive. The latter is probably the worst sin for that character.

Agent0028
06-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Ironic is she is cast as Emma Frost. Her character in Die Another Day was Miranda Frost...

jimjimmyjones85
06-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Good. Whomever that was who played White Queen in the Wolvie movie was pretty horrible, IMO, and not overly attactive. The latter is probably the worst sin for that character.

:exactly::goodpost:

Not a bad choice

http://www.ihmcimg.com/picts05/2005/11/rosamund_pike_033-thumb.jpg

Darth Snoopy
06-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Ironic is she is cast as Emma Frost. Her character in Die Another Day was Miranda Frost...

http://tedstrong.com/graphics/rosamundpikebig.jpg

Not bad, pretty good choice IMO.

The Mike
06-16-2010, 10:35 PM
http://media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/images/firstclassmiscastingrum.jpg

The latest issue of production weekly (via: playlist) is reporting that Amber Heard (The Informers, Zombieland) is in talks to play a young Mystique in Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class. Also, Pride & Prejudice/Surrogates star Rosamund Pike, who was previously rumored to be in line to play young Emma Frost, is now being pegged as a possible Moira McTaggert. Mystique was played by Rebecca Romijn-Stamos in the original Bryan Singer films while McTaggert was played by Olivia Williams in Brett Ratner’s X-Men: The Last Stand.

The Mike
06-20-2010, 08:36 PM
More news if anyone cares.

Benjamin Walker Cast as Beast in X-Men: First Class
Posted on Thursday, June 17th, 2010 by Peter Sciretta

Showbiz411 is reporting that Benjamin Walker (star of the Public Theater’s “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson” has been cast as r. Henry Philip “Hank” McCoy (aka Beast) in Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class. The character was played by Kelsey Grammer in X-Men: The Last Stand.

Also, Entertainment Weekly confirms the earlier rumors that Michael Fassbender is in talks to join the film in the role of Erik Lensherr, who later becomes Magneto.

jinxx
06-20-2010, 08:47 PM
I heard Michael Fassbender will be playing Magneto. Count me in!:drool

http://jumpthestump.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/michael-fassbender09-8-101.jpg

The Mike
06-28-2010, 12:08 PM
http://www.netizenwallpapers.com/upload/DesktopWallpapers/thumbs/Alice-032-Eve-032-on-032-032-MAXIM_big.jpg

Briefly: Alice Eve, the lead actress from She’s Out of My League, is in talks with Fox to play Emma Frost in Matthew Vaughn’s upcoming X-Men: First Class, reports Deadline. Not long ago, very tenuous rumor had suggested the role might go to Rosamund Pike, but Pike has also been linked to the role of Moira McTaggert.

via /Film.

Darth Snoopy
06-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Alice Eve, eh? I could live with that! :naughty

Agent0028
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
And let's hope she wears her white queen outfit in the movie.

meanstreak
06-28-2010, 06:28 PM
hunnipot made me go see Sex and the City 2 and Alice Eve was the only good thing from that flick.... so I'm cool with this casting.

Classic White Queen costume ftw...

jinxx
06-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Yay, Alice Eve! She gets my vote and blessing. Emma Frost FTW!:winner

civiclx
06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
I heard Michael Fassbender will be playing Magneto. Count me in!:drool

http://jumpthestump.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/michael-fassbender09-8-101.jpg

:lecture:exactly::clap:hi5:

I love smilies...so fluffy!!!

Darth Snoopy
06-29-2010, 06:03 AM
And let's hope she wears her white queen outfit in the movie.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

hunnipot85
06-29-2010, 11:06 AM
I love Alice Eve. Yay! ;)

The ill Jedi
06-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Alice Eve = :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool

creature4000
06-30-2010, 09:48 AM
I've given up on Xmen movie crap... especially since they added the WQ in it, which shouldn't be needed to make a really good X-men flick.

JosephCPR
06-30-2010, 12:28 PM
I really don't know where Emma will fit in the movie but...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8oDQ4L3GuN8/S6-RfpRENOI/AAAAAAAADCQ/o12hOaC-SxQ/s1600/Alice-Eve-Maxim-Magazine.jpg

hunnipot85
07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
:lol Rumor is Fox just stole another actor from Marvel for this film. In addition to taking Alice Eve they are taking Kevin Pennington to portray Multiple Man.
http://avengersnews.com/2010/07/01/pennington-enrolling-in-first-class/

This was the site who said Eve was in negotiations to play a Marvel role right before she was confirmed for Emma Frost.

Question is, where does Multiple Man fit into the story?

Chigger58
07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
:lol Rumor is Fox just stole another actor from Marvel for this film. In addition to taking Alice Eve they are taking Kevin Pennington to portray Multiple Man.
http://avengersnews.com/2010/07/01/pennington-enrolling-in-first-class/

This was the site who said Eve was in negotiations to play a Marvel role right before she was confirmed for Emma Frost.

Question is, where does Multiple Man fit into the story?

Well of course he fits in "Multiple" places. :wink1:

:stooge

hunnipot85
07-01-2010, 12:54 PM
:lol Now ComicBookMovie is saying it's their "exclusive" that Multiple Man is in the film.

That site is pretty ridiculous. :lol

hunnipot85
07-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Reports are saying that Benjamin Walker was fired by Fox for the role of Beast, only to be rehired? http://thefilmstage.com/2010/07/02/was-benjamin-walker-fired-from-first-class-only-to-be-rehired/

In other news, Kevin Pennington basically told ComicBookMovie to F off. :lol http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/07/02/first-class-rumors-pennington-in-as-madrox-walker-out-as-beast/

Darth Snoopy
07-03-2010, 05:50 AM
:slap oy vey.

meanstreak
07-03-2010, 05:44 PM
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5876/aliceevemaximpictures.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v0zfi0.jpg
(haha, saw this in Karmas siggy and had to use it)

kenobiobi
07-04-2010, 11:09 AM
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5876/aliceevemaximpictures.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v0zfi0.jpg
(haha, saw this in Karmas siggy and had to use it)

:drool :drool :drool :drool :drool

Just saw her in She's Out of My League and I support this 100%, it's also comforting to know she can deliver a line.

The Mike
07-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Mr. Sinister?? Interesting....

kevin bacon in talks to play x-men: First class villain
posted on friday, july 9th, 2010 by peter sciretta

kevin bacon (mystic river, apolo 13, sleepers) has been offered the role of the villain in matthew vaughn’s x-men: First class. Deadline reports that bacon has yet to sign on for the part and is in talks to come on board the project. Michael fassbender (inglourious basterds, hunger) is playing eric lensherr aka magneto, but the story is very much an origin story for all the players involved. So which character is bacon in line to play?

Update: Many readers think bacon might be playing mr. Sinister, who is described as the following on wikipedia:

Mister sinister is a genetically altered human with superhuman physical and mental abilities. Mister sinister was granted powers through genetic alterations by apocalypse, and throughout the years has used genetic material from other mutants to grant himself a truly vast array of superhuman abilities. Mister sinister possesses superhuman strength, stamina and reflexes. Mister sinister possesses the psionic abilities of telepathy, telekinesis, and mind control. Mister sinister has the ability to psionically paralyze a foe or “turn off” the power of another mutant. Mister sinister is capable of energy projection and flight through telekinesis. Using genetic material from the mutant courier, mister sinister gained complete control of his body at the cellular level, allowing him to shape-shift, regenerate and be virtually immune to injuries. The character has exhibited the ability to teleport, though the beast believes this is accomplished through his tesseract headquarters. Mister sinister is also a scientific genius, with expertise in the fields of biology, genetics, cloning, physics and engineering. The character is a master manipulator and planner, with decades of genetic research at his command.

Previously:

In case you’re confused, here is the official casting thus far:

James mcavoy is charles xavier aka professor x
nicholas hoult has been cast as dr. Henry philip “hank” mccoy aka beast
michael fassbender (inglourious basterds, hunger) is playing eric lensherr aka magneto
alice eve, the lead actress from she’s out of my league, was in talks with fox to play emma frost.
Caleb landry jones (friday night lights, the longshots, the last exorcism) is sean cassidy aka banshee.
19-year-old actor lucas till (walk the line, dance of the dead, hannah montana: The movie, the spy next door, and the upcoming battle: Los angeles) is alexander “alex” summers aka havok, the younger brother of the x-men’s cyclops.
And here is a list of the unconfirmed casting rumors:

Amber heard (the informers, zombieland) is in talks to play a young mystique
pride & prejudice/surrogates star rosamund pike is in talks to play moira mctaggert.
Spider-man shortlist actor frank dillane may also be up for a role.
Surfer erica hosseini auditioned for the role of willow.
Kick-ass star aaron johnson might be in line for the role oc cyclops. Ew claims the rumor is untrue.

Darth_Fatso
08-18-2010, 05:47 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-mad-mens-january-jones-joins-the-cast-of-x-men-first-class.html

Looks like Alice Eve won't be Emma in the new movie :(

meanstreak
08-19-2010, 10:14 PM
^ what?? :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Anzik
08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
No Iceman and Angel? Fail.
Why the eff do you call it X-men first class if the real first class isnt in it?

Darth_Fatso
08-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Heck if I know but I'm so pissed they didn't cast Alice Eve as Emma. She was perfect for the role imo. Glad to at least hear Kevin Bacon may be playing Sebastian Shaw instead of Mr. Sinister as rumored earlier. I don't mind Bacon as an actor but he just isn't Mr. Sinister to me.

hunnipot85
08-21-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm really upset about Alice Eve. I was so looking forward to her being a super _____y evil White Queen.

My hype for this film has pretty much died for now. :(

shiveringmelody
08-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Bryan Singer, who not only directed the first two 'X-Men' films from the trilogy, was also was offered the director's chair for FOX's latest installment X-Men: First Class. Now only serving as producer, Singer unfortunately had to turn it down due to his commitment to Jack the Giant Killer. And now with Matthew Vaughn tapped as director of the mutant-flick with an ensemble cast & filming set for next month, Singer now gives a great length update with Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News on the upcoming prequel.

"The film takes place in the 1960's. John F Kennedy is the President of the United States. Martin Luther King and Malcolm X are on TV doing marches. There is a spirit of a hopeful future that was prevalent in that time. We will see how Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr met - and how they dreamt of a future with Mutant & Human kind.

They're going to be in their late twenties. Xavier will not be in his wheelchair to begin the film - but we will see how he wound up in a wheelchair. We're going to see Professor X when he still had hair. We'll see McAvoy and Fassbender's Magneto formulate what it is they are attempting by creating the X-MEN.

Now Bryan wanted us to know this is not the conventional "First Class" comic, but rather a new beginning for "X-Men". Set in the 60s - Vaughn is technologically inspired by James Bond's tech of the time. The costumes will be far more comic bookish than we've seen before, and while Scott and Jean aren't here,Cyclops' brother Alex Summers aka Havoc will be

With January Jones and Kevin Bacon playing Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw, as speculated, we'll be getting the "Hellfire Club". AICN commented that the "Hellfire Club" has always felt like something that it would be wrong to modernize, as it felt as though it were something specific to the swinging Hefner era of the 60s... and Bryan said "that's exactly why they're making use of the HELLFIRE CLUB... the dress and the costumes associated with that glorious period of the X-MEN... belong in the 60s."

"filming will begin with Xavier at Oxford University in the 60s. And Bryan is excited that the film is going to have a much more international feel than the prior X-MEN movies. They'll be shooting in England & the United States - and they'll be representing other locales around the globe as well, but would only tell me that Russia (aka The Soviet Union... CCCP) will be amongst them. He doesn't want to show all the cards just yet. But the International flavor will give the film a more James Bond vibe... I get the idea that this is going to be something quite special."

DinoDB1975
08-25-2010, 12:56 PM
More info:

The 1960s: it was a time of change, a time of upheaval, and a time of mutants.

For a film that hasn't even begun filming yet, "X-Men: First Class" has received a lot of attention. The movie will be a prequel to the highly successful "X-Men" film franchise based on Marvel Comics' long-running superhero series. Casting news has slipped out over the past few months, and it was announced last week that Emmy-nominated "Mad Men" star January Jones is joining the cast. But we didn't know much about what we'd see in the movie until now.

Producer Bryan Singer recently spoke to Ain't It Cool News head honcho Harry Knowles about "X-Men: First Class," and he revealed some notable details about the movie, including the fact that it is set in the 1960s. Singer, who also directed the first two "X-Men" films, states that the movie will show Charles Xavier, aka Professor X (played by James McAvoy) meeting Erik Lensherrr, better known as Magneto (played by Michael Fassbender) as young men in their late 20s.

The story will show Professor X and Magneto when they were still friends and how they assembled the first team of X-Men. McAvoy's Professor X will apparently look different than Patrick Stewart's older version from the first three films. He will have his hair, and he will still have the ability to walk. Singer did indicate that the movie will show what causes Xavier to be confined to a wheelchair. However, that could potentially conflict with the earlier movies, since there were flashbacks in "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" that showed Stewart's Professor X walking.

Singer also confirmed that Kevin Bacon will play the main villain of the movie: Sebastian Shaw, leader of the elite secret society, the Hellfire Club. Shaw is a mutant with the ability to absorb kinetic energy and adapt it into superhuman strength. The Hellfire Club, which covertly influences world events, also includes January Jones' character, the telepathic Emma Frost. Jones, of course, should feel right at home in the 1960s, since that's also the setting of her hit show, "Mad Men," though in the comics Emma Frost dresses a bit more provocatively than Betty Draper does.

With this film being a prequel, we won't see Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, and the other X-Men from the previous movies. One exception is the mutant Beast, played in "First Class" by Nicholas Hoult. It's not known yet if Beast will look human, like he was depicted in the early comics, or if he will be covered in blue fur like his later incarnations (and as he was played by Kelsey Grammer in "X-Men: The Last Stand"). Singer does state in the interview that the costumes in the film will look more like the original comic book versions than the leathery armor of the films.

Ultimately, it makes sense to place the "X-Men" prequel in the 1960s. The comic book was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1963, and the subtext of mutants being out of place in society was rooted in the civil rights issues of the time. Bryan Singer also states that the film's director, Matthew Vaughn ("Kick-Ass"), hopes to give the movie an international tone inspired by the original James Bond adventures of the era.

"X-Men: First Class" isn't the only superhero movie that's looking to the past, though. "Captain America: The First Avenger" will be set during World War II, which is also when that character first appeared in Marvel Comics.

"X-Men: First Class" is scheduled to open on June 3, 2011.

Spartan Rex
08-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Bacon as Sebastian Shaw!?
What kinda bad joke is this?
Mega Bomb written all over this trash.

The Ringer
09-08-2010, 12:00 PM
http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/januaryjonesxmen1.jpg

The Mike
09-08-2010, 12:02 PM
January Jones as Emma? Really? They went from Alice Eve to January Jones....ugh.

I'm interested in this being a "Silver Age" movie but other than that I've lost a lot of interest...

Sweet Rabbit
09-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Mega Bomb written all over this trash.

it's FOX :dunno

Darth_Fatso
09-08-2010, 01:16 PM
January Jones as Emma? Really? They went from Alice Eve to January Jones....ugh.

I'm interested in this being a "Silver Age" movie but other than that I've lost a lot of interest...

My thoughts exactly. I don't think January Jones is bad looking mind you but Alice Eve looks wise was perfect for the role imo.

dragontron
09-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Need a moment? Chew it over with Twix!

creature4000
09-09-2010, 04:53 AM
This movie will fail! :lol

Spartan Rex
09-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Jason Issacs or Clive Owen should play Shaw

hunnipot85
09-10-2010, 09:37 AM
I miss Alice Eve... but i'm sure Jones will be good too. Eve was just perfect though.

What's up with that hat though??

Darth Waller
09-10-2010, 09:45 AM
I've got a hankering from some marshmallows. :yess:

The Mike
09-10-2010, 11:18 AM
They could make January work....but from that pic I don't have the best of hopes that this:

http://www.richlovatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/JJonesMay2009_7_GQ_30jul10_MattiasVriens_b.jpg

is under that coat. The hat kind of reminds me of this:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5599/230833-131223-emma-frost_super.jpg

DinoDB1975
09-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Hendricks in your sig?

Darth_Fatso
09-10-2010, 01:19 PM
They could make January work....but from that pic I don't have the best of hopes that this:

http://www.richlovatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/JJonesMay2009_7_GQ_30jul10_MattiasVriens_b.jpg

is under that coat. The hat kind of reminds me of this:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5599/230833-131223-emma-frost_super.jpg

You know the more I look at the pic of January Jones as Emma, the more I'm warming up to her. Still would have preferred Alice Eve though but at least January has Emma ice cold expression down pretty good. But damnit she better be waering a tight white corset under that jacket.

The Mike
09-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Hendricks in your sig?

Susan Coffey. A model I was just made recently aware of.

But damnit she better be waering a tight white corset under that jacket.

I will be seriously upset if she doesn't look like a 2 cent slut under that coat...that is the Emma I know and love.

Darth_Fatso
09-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I will be seriously upset if she doesn't look like a 2 cent slut under that coat...that is the Emma I know and love.

Truer word were never spoken my friend:goodpost:

shipwreck82
09-12-2010, 09:28 AM
I think January is a good match for emma, can't wait for this movie...

The Mike
12-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Spoiler Pic:

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/xmenfirstclasssetpic1.jpg

Why? Click:

The most obvious thing we see in this photo is the cockpit of Blackbird, the famous jet flown by the X-Men. And while it does look like the jet has crashed, it could potentially just be being built by the crew for shooting in the future. Now that I think of it though, why would it be fully assembled on a beach? From these pics, it seems safe to say that the Blackbird crashes at some point in X-Men First Class, and that most of it will be completed with CGI – hence the huge green structure.

Well, that then begs this question: How far does X-Men First Class go into the X-Men history? We know that the film, which stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, January Jones, and Kevin Bacon is about a young Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr before they became Professor X and Magneto and focuses on their friendship, powers and the events that lead to them becoming the leaders on either side of the battle for mutants. The inclusion of Blackbird, which is generally considered to be the X-Men’s main mode of transportation (in the movies, they called it the X-Jet), leads one to believe that the X-Men are pretty well established at some point in this movie.

Am I totally wrong in my assumption? Or does it make sense that Magneto and his Brotherhood would attack the X-Men and the Blackbird in this film? Could we be looking at one of the climactic battles?

Natrix
01-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Supposedly the trailer is 4-6 weeks away but it has apparently been screened.

Spoilers

- The trailer opens with the 20th Century Fox logo which pans up as the two spotlight beams cross and form a white "X" on the left of the screen. A white circle goes around the "X" forming the X-Men logo, as Magneto's helmet comes up on the right.

- Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan voice over the opening lines about destiny and which side will you stand for as scenes of each in their previous X-Men movie roles flash until the entire screen flashes from white to black.

- A very young Xavier and Erik meet for the first time, followed by a different angle of the scene from the opening of X-Men in the concentration camp.

- Camera pans outside of an old castle-style building that greatly resembles the X-mansion. McAvoy and Fassbender are seen walking through the halls. The words "One wanted peace" flash by Xavier.

- Scene transitions to Erik yelling dramatically as metal tables in the room begin to float around him. Xavier and Mags shake hands with a tall man in a lab coat introduced as Dr. McCoy.

- The words "The other was too far gone" flash as a very pissed off Erik storms through a hallway killing guards as he passes them.

- Cut scene to what appears to be a red Nightcrawler with swords taking out a room full of people; the close up reveals Azazel's face.

- The Hellfire Club stand next to Xavier on a bed as Emma goes into diamond form. Olver Platt and Kevin Bacon were next to Emma in black aristocratic clothes, with Emma wearing the exact same outfit from the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.

- Mystigue on a bed with her skin turning black; Beast is shown transforming, with his feet growing and toes webbing and fur growing.

- Havok shoots a red beam of energy -- looks almost exactly like cyclops's eye beam, but larger -- from his chest (SIDE NOTE: Havok's powers in comics have always had a blue energy, this change may be to relate his character to Cyclops).

- It then shows Beast all blue and furry (looking almost exactly like Kelsey Grammer in make-up) in the pilot seat of a crashing jet, followed by several rockets flying towards an island.

- Xavier's face goes all CGI and his head begins to go bald as he mentally pulls a large ship that was sinking out of the water, as well as some smaller boats around it (seems to allude to Xavier have telekinesis).

- Back to Xavier (with hair) telling Erik he only wanted peace for him, and he replies there was never a chance for anyone to have that.

- Final scene: Erik picks up a black helmet, then he is shown from behind wearing a black and red suit (no cape or coat though) and the helmet. Screen cuts to black and the X-Men: First Class logo shows up (the one described above), then the release date.

The Mike
01-13-2011, 10:04 AM
So looks like this is our Emma look?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/D2ISsyHmyRI/0.jpg

Seems to argue against the on set pic of her. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Darth_Fatso
01-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Her look in WATX-M is her modern look in Astonishing X-Men. I actually like that look but still I think the classic corset would be nice too. Maybe we'll see her in both outfits.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3074/xmenfirstclasscastshot3.jpg

karamazov80
01-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Picture about has me rolling on the floor.

EVILFACE
01-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Me too cause I don't know who any of them are.

The Mike
01-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Ummm....well at least January Jones looks good.....

lobox42
01-18-2011, 01:49 PM
SUCKS!!!!:(:(:(

Natrix
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Me too cause I don't know who any of them are.

From left to right: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havok, Zoe Kravitz as Angel, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

Kuzeh
01-18-2011, 02:38 PM

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/196/8/8/Xmen_cosplay_group_by_piratadandi.jpg

carbo-fation
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
From left to right: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havok, Zoe Kravitz as Angel, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.

Why the heck is Mystique in X-Men First Class? It should just be ArcAngel, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast and Icemen, four of which are missing.:slap

Way to screw up another X-men film. :gah:

Natrix
01-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Why the heck is Mystique in X-Men First Class? It should just be ArcAngel, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast and Icemen, four of which are missing.:slap

You mean Angel and Marvel Girl.

MarfMaster
01-18-2011, 02:46 PM

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/196/8/8/Xmen_cosplay_group_by_piratadandi.jpg

:rotfl:exactly::goodpost:

My first thought as well...

The Mike
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM

Blame Marvel. This thing is supposed to be set in 1963 but they still felt the need to screw with the cast, I'm surprised they didn't find a way to incorporate Wolverine somehow. 20th Century Fox and Marvel have never really taken this franchise all that seriously, even Singer's had issues and it continues to roll downhill.

Don't expect anything more than a popcorn flick at minimum here.

karamazov80
01-18-2011, 02:52 PM
I fully expect Wolverine to show up in a cameo. And if so, of course, he will be featured heavily in trailers as if he is the star of the thing.

JosephCPR
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Blame Marvel...
Don't expect anything more than a popcorn flick at minimum here.

Unfortunately, I have the feeling you will be right, and this could be in the same league of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is really really sad, as the X-Men franchise could have soooo much potential.

carbo-fation
01-18-2011, 03:03 PM
You mean Angel and Marvel Girl.

Yes, same people though.

Angel in this version is a girl.:lol:slap

Wake
01-18-2011, 03:11 PM
THIS MOVIE FRANCHIS LOOKS TERRIBLE!

I would advise everyone here to wait till its on cable to see it... if it flops Fox will let the liscense lapse back to Marvel.. who seem to be the only ones capable of properly adapting their own material.

Sachiel
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
I like the yellow and blue better than the black leather.

Doesn't look any worse than the other movies. :rolleyes:

Sweet Rabbit
01-18-2011, 03:17 PM

who the F! are these people? :rotfl

TheObsoleteMan
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Looks alright to me, certainly better than the old black leather Matrix knockoffs. I think they've pulled off the yellow and blue look failry successfully from what can be made out in that pic.

POWER1010
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
why is angel a girl??

karamazov80
01-18-2011, 03:23 PM
I know Mephisto, but am having difficulties with the others.

hoodonit00
01-18-2011, 03:23 PM

I was actually going to ask about that. I may not know a whole lot about the X-Men but I thought the characters were all wrong.

hoodonit00
01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
why is angel a girl??
Why is Nick Fury Black?:dunno

POWER1010
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Why is Nick Fury Black?:dunno

cause they used the Ultimates Nick Fury

in the ultimates Angel isn't a girl

Darth_Fatso
01-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Ummm....well at least January Jones looks good.....

She's the only reason that even makes me remotely interested in this movie.

DiFabio
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
This LOOKS GREAT!

ironwez20
01-18-2011, 04:25 PM

Im also having trouble figuring it out. I know beat, frost , mystique but i dont quite know the red guy or the others i hope sombody can point them out.

why is angel a girl??

'Where do you see angel at ?

Natrix
01-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Im also having trouble figuring it out. I know beat, frost , mystique but i dont quite know the red guy or the others i hope sombody can point them out.

'Where do you see angel at ?

Read post 86.

ironwez20
01-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Wait why is angel a girl, am i missing somthing ?

Natrix
01-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Wait why is angel a girl, am i missing somthing ?

I am assuming it must be this Angel...I have no idea why.

http://marvel.com/universe/Angel_%28Angel_Salvadore%29

The Mike
01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Let me clarify something that I'm starting to notice. The First Class "Angel" is not Angel as we know him. It's NOT Warren Worthington III better known as Angel or Archangel. It IS Angel Salvadore, a mutant with insectoid physiology that was introduced in New X-Men #118. Her "codename" is Tempest, although I'm not sure if they are using it in the film and just calling her by her first name "Angel".

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/110/1109906/x-men-first-class-20100819060208274.jpg

That is where my _____ing came from about modernizing it with a character literally within that last five years to a story set in 1963.

The Mike
01-18-2011, 04:41 PM
It should be noted too for those without the X-Men history that Azazel is a legit character and Nightcrawler's biological father, with Mystique of course.

FLOSI
01-18-2011, 04:50 PM

Is this real?

Natrix
01-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Yes it is real.

FLOSI
01-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Yes it is real.

It looks crappy.

lobox42
01-18-2011, 05:11 PM
They F ING!! SCREW this movie again!!!:(

karamazov80
01-18-2011, 05:26 PM
They F ING!! SCREW
I don't think so, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a porno parody. I'm sure the Mike will keep us updated on any movement on that front.

ShadowX81
01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Why is James McAvory so young? He looks about the same age as Mystique. Shouldn't Xavier be Magneto's age? Like in his mid 30s?

Darkseed
01-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Uh I hate to judgmental but hmmmmmmmm...............

lobox42
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Xavier with uniform??? WTF!!!!!!, I collect comics and I have all the X-Men and Uncanny X-Men comics and this BULL !!! is CRAZY:(

hunnipot85
01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Emma Frost and Magneto look good. I have a feeling those two are going to steal the show.

I think I would have preferred solo posters though for the main, main characters.

Mystique looks like she's wearing Silk Spectre's outfit. :lol

DinoLast
01-18-2011, 06:20 PM

OK so this movie has nothing to do with Wolverine Origins then, as Emma Frost looks older than Xavier

DinoLast
01-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Xavier with uniform??? WTF!!!!!!, I collect comics and I have all the X-Men and Uncanny X-Men comics and this BULL !!! is CRAZY:(

I found this
http://media2.firstshowing.net/firstshowing/img/young-xmen-marvel-cover-cropimg.jpg

I'm more DC than Marvel, so you will have to explain what this is?

jinxx
01-18-2011, 06:43 PM
I found this
http://media2.firstshowing.net/firstshowing/img/young-xmen-marvel-cover-cropimg.jpg

I'm more DC than Marvel, so you will have to explain what this is?

That's not Xavier. That's Ink(new X-men). Red faced guy, either Belasco or Azazel. Anyhoo, what the hell is Angel Salvadore doing in this movie? I thought she was just a minor character who got depowered? Tsk, tsk, tsk, Marvel. Tsk, tsk, tsk!:slap

Natrix
01-18-2011, 07:23 PM
http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/ZZ52CA4EED.jpg

:lol

jye4ever
01-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Emma looks like a skinny dude with boobs!

Kabukiman
01-18-2011, 07:57 PM
All along, I thought this was going to be about Xavier finding Scott and Jean and starting the school, that would've been great...

In the words of the great Jean-Luc Picard: "WTF IS THIS S__T!?!?"

Sachiel
01-18-2011, 08:03 PM
It looks crappy.

No more crappy than the other films. :monkey1

plasmid303
01-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Is that image legit?

Natrix
01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
One more time, yes it is legit.

plasmid303
01-18-2011, 08:18 PM
One more time, yes it is legit.

It looks crappy.

lobox42
01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
We are talking about the X-Men Firts Class... Profersor Xavier,Cyclops,Ms Marvel, Iceman, Beast and Angel!!!;)

jye4ever
01-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Is that image legit?

Agent0028
01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
That image really does look bad, when I saw it I thought it was a photoshop. And a poor one at that.

jinxx
01-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Mystique's got a massive forehead! Or shall I say fivehead!?:rotfl

The Mike
01-18-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't think so, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a porno parody. I'm sure the Mike will keep us updated on any movement on that front.

You know I will. Ah....the loves you have in life.

Why is James McAvory so young? He looks about the same age as Mystique. Shouldn't Xavier be Magneto's age? Like in his mid 30s?

Xavier should be 30 at this point. In this case it's the other way around, Magneto looks too old, it's possible that was done purposefully as his time in the concentration camp was supposed to harden him and age him older than his friend but who knows.

Xavier has been in costume a ton of times.

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/X-Men-First-Class-James-McAvoy-Is-Professor-X-.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/19074/PROFESSOR%20X.JPG

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/2605_4_0387.jpg

Everytime they give him his ability to walk he wears one. Since he can walk in the beginning (remember Magneto is the one who paralyzes him in some continuities) it'd make sense he'd be out there at first. I fully expect him in a suit and chair by the end if not sooner in this flick.

Emma Frost and Magneto look good. I have a feeling those two are going to steal the show. I think I would have preferred solo posters though for the main, main characters. Mystique looks like she's wearing Silk Spectre's outfit. :lol

The jury is out on Magneto, I don't like this particular look and wanted the white hair off the bat but Emma looks better than I would have imagined.

Mystique's got a massive forehead! Or shall I say fivehead!?:rotfl

That makeup is horrible especially when the actress playing her is very attractive.

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/jennifer_lawrence/jennifer_lawrence_bikini_vid_pics_from_the_bill_en gvall_show_r2Hc8oB.sized.jpg

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/03-jennifer-lawrence-photo-052610-lg_0.jpg

http://calitreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Jennifer-Lawrence-e1294241912156.jpg

DinoLast
01-19-2011, 03:56 AM
OK I'm confused
Why is Mystique in this? I don't get it? Did she have a C3-PO memory wipe before the first X-Men movie? Is this a Re-boot, that has nothing to do with any of the other movies?
And as for James Mcavoy, he could have least done a Tom Hardy and shaved his head to play a young Patrick Stewart

Sachiel
01-19-2011, 04:38 AM
They're going to show how he went bald.

DinoLast
01-19-2011, 05:49 AM
They're going to show how he went bald.

Oh I see, Is it caused by the stress of how much this film is going suck?

It kind of reminds me of that awful TV show Mutant X

karamazov80
01-19-2011, 07:37 AM
OK I'm confused
Why is Mystique in this? I don't get it? Did she have a C3-PO memory wipe before the first X-Men movie? Is this a Re-boot, that has nothing to do with any of the other movies?
And as for James Mcavoy, he could have least done a Tom Hardy and shaved his head to play a young Patrick Stewart
I think this has to be considered an out of continuity re-boot. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to have Emma Frost as a 20-something in Wolvie: Origins (which I think was supposed to take place in the late 70s/early 80s?), and also as a 20-something here (which takes place in the early 1960s, if I recall?). Nor does it make sense for Beast to be a 30- or 40- something in the various X-movies (which took place in the early-mid 2000s?), but a teenager in this film. Though it is possible to say that Cyclops was a teenager (around 15-16 years old) in the early 80s, and that his brother was a teen in this film (meaning they were sired 20 years apart from one another), it is a pretty rare thing. Maybe they'll just say that they had the same father.

I guess they can get around this stuff by claiming that various people don't age for whatever reason (I guess they went that route with Mystique in the comics, since she was supposedly Nightcrawler's mom but always appeared to be 30-something at the oldest, and Nightcrawler was a fully grown man--or maybe they claimed that Nightcrawler aged quickly as a child?).

The thing about having your hair turn white (Rogue) or losing all your hair (Xavier) due to stress is stupid. But it isn't enough to say "he had male pattern baldness." They've got to come up with some stupid reason to explain every weird physical trait. Just like they went to great lengths to explain John Connor's scar in T:Salvation, even though it was pretty stupid and really didn't need to be explained at all.

The Mike
01-19-2011, 09:48 AM
I think this has to be considered an out of continuity re-boot. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to have Emma Frost as a 20-something in Wolvie: Origins (which I think was supposed to take place in the late 70s/early 80s?), and also as a 20-something here (which takes place in the early 1960s, if I recall?). Nor does it make sense for Beast to be a 30- or 40- something in the various X-movies (which took place in the early-mid 2000s?), but a teenager in this film. Though it is possible to say that Cyclops was a teenager (around 15-16 years old) in the early 80s, and that his brother was a teen in this film (meaning they were sired 20 years apart from one another), it is a pretty rare thing. Maybe they'll just say that they had the same father.

There is no other excuse than to decide it is a continuity reboot. Originally this was supposed to take the end of Wolverine: Origins and run with it. I remember Cyclops and Emma both being in the initial blurbs. Then Vaughn decided to do a period piece in the 1960s and everything went to hell, Havok replaced Cyclops and things continued to roll down hill. I often wonder if they just let the writers take any mutant they want and just call it a day.

The thing about having your hair turn white (Rogue) or losing all your hair (Xavier) due to stress is stupid. But it isn't enough to say "he had male pattern baldness." They've got to come up with some stupid reason to explain every weird physical trait. Just like they went to great lengths to explain John Connor's scar in T:Salvation, even though it was pretty stupid and really didn't need to be explained at all.

Apparently according to some details (I don't know if they are true or not) Xavier loses it when he has to use his telekinetic powers past its capacity. Which is just as stupid...

Kabukiman
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
I often wonder if they just let the writers take any mutant they want and just call it a day.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Jubilee showed up.

DPrime
01-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Meh, pretty underwhelmed about this whole thing... :(

Darth Snoopy
01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
wow. Just...wow. :slap

Natrix
01-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Let's face it, as decent as the first two movies were, the whole movie X-Men continuity was changed/screwed up from the very first movie anyway.

This should have been a complete franchise reboot with the original members of the X-Men.

This looks like it will be a train wreck and hopefully kill the franchise (other than Wolverine I'm sure) for years and then hopefully get a reboot that does pay proper homage to the comics.

Wake
01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
why didnt they just eschew the previous trilogy continuity?! This movie would have been great had it been about the original 5 x-men learning to be x-men under prof. X.

The Mike
01-19-2011, 11:14 AM
That actually was the original plan to start with Jean Grey, Cyclops, Beast (non-furred), Angel and Iceman. I remember even after Vaughn was cast the rumors swirling that Aaron Johnson was signing up to be Cyclops. The script was rewritten a ton of times even to make it a period piece (originally it was set in modern times as if the X-Men started now) and then we ended up with this.

lobox42
01-19-2011, 11:20 AM
What happens this producers and directors they don't read any comics?? they don't read some reviews or what people want from this kind the movies?...they have to listen because a lot of people know what is about X-MEN!!!!:mad:

Natrix
01-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Oh I see, Is it caused by the stress of how much this film is going suck?

It kind of reminds me of that awful TV show Mutant X

Or the crappy Generation X tv movie...

http://www.majorspoilers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/generationxCOVER.jpg

Darth Waller
01-19-2011, 12:27 PM
They may as well just change the title to X-Men: Fail Class. :monkey1

Runawaybrain
01-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Comingsoon.net had this photo: http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/xmenfirstclassphoto.jpg

From the first look, I'm not that into the character design. Not sure I'd buy any of these except Emma frost (mmmm January Jones)

Shropt
01-19-2011, 12:34 PM
No way that image is real. Looks like they photoshopped heads on to bodies. Every person's head in that shot looks weird.

Really, it looks crappy. :p

rnbuda
01-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Looking okay. I'll hold judgement until HD pictures come out but damn Emma is looking FINE!

Shropt
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Already being discussed here:

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38386

Darth Waller
01-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Already being dissed here:

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38386

Fixed. :yess:

Shropt
01-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Fixed. :yess:

No joke, they are going all Perseus on this movie. :rotfl

Darth Waller
01-19-2011, 12:51 PM
No joke, they are going all Perseus on this movie. :rotfl

Love it! That should be a new catchphrase for the board. :lol

CTO15
01-19-2011, 01:08 PM
beast looks terrible.

I don't understand Fox's character decisions. If its called 1st class, have the original 5. Done

Oscar_the_Gungan
01-19-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm really disturbed by the whole thing. My only hope is they run the franchise into the ground so hard that the right can revert back to Marvel Studios.

Sachiel
01-19-2011, 01:48 PM
What happens this producers and directors they don't read any comics?? they don't read some reviews or what people want from this kind the movies?...they have to listen because a lot of people know what is about X-MEN!!!!:mad:

The question is who would they listen too? Everyone has differing opinions on how something should be. :slap

Deckard
01-19-2011, 01:51 PM
What a terrible ____ing disaster.

Someone needs to shut down Fox, no joke.

Corrose
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
There are articles all over the web that the studio has already debunked this, so it's just a fan-made Photoshop.

Natrix
01-19-2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=35594

Jan. 19, 2011

As hard as it may be to believe, that is an actual promo photo for X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. It first leaked to the web yesterday afternoon and as soon as I saw it, I was confused. It had many things right (the costumes for example were too right on to be faked) but so many, many things wrong, I didn't know what to think. The first official photo from a highly anticipated geek property couldn't be this badly Photoshopped, could it? Fox wouldn't release it in such lo-res would they? As it turns out, they didn't.

The photo, as you see it above, was never meant to hit the web. MSN was set to debut the first image from X-MEN: FIRST CLASS on their site along with an early interview with Michael Fassbender (Magneto). Somehow an early comp of the image made it into their public image gallery, a fan found it and the rest is unfortunate history.

Fox tried to cram the genie back in the bottle last night (and that's the reason you're only first reading this on JoBlo.com now, as we politely complied with Fox's request that we not post) but sadly twas not to be. The pic was out there and the fanboys were freaking out (and rightfully so).

I'm told the official color-corrected, hi-res image will be up this morning but is the damage already done? If the idea was to start the pre-publicity campaign for X-MEN: FIRST CLASS off on the right foot, this was the opposite.

There will no doubtedly be more photos released to help quell the tide and assure fans that what you see above is not what to be expected when the film hits theaters this summer.

Here is the higher res photo.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2545/xfirstclass.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/7815/xmfcleft.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/7815/xmfcright.jpg

Natrix
01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
There are articles all over the web that the studio has already debunked this, so it's just a fan-made Photoshop.

Not so...

Posted this over in the movie thread where this conversation should be taking place.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=35594

Jan. 19, 2011

As hard as it may be to believe, that is an actual promo photo for X-MEN: FIRST CLASS. It first leaked to the web yesterday afternoon and as soon as I saw it, I was confused. It had many things right (the costumes for example were too right on to be faked) but so many, many things wrong, I didn't know what to think. The first official photo from a highly anticipated geek property couldn't be this badly Photoshopped, could it? Fox wouldn't release it in such lo-res would they? As it turns out, they didn't.

The photo, as you see it above, was never meant to hit the web. MSN was set to debut the first image from X-MEN: FIRST CLASS on their site along with an early interview with Michael Fassbender (Magneto). Somehow an early comp of the image made it into their public image gallery, a fan found it and the rest is unfortunate history.

Fox tried to cram the genie back in the bottle last night (and that's the reason you're only first reading this on JoBlo.com now, as we politely complied with Fox's request that we not post) but sadly twas not to be. The pic was out there and the fanboys were freaking out (and rightfully so).

I'm told the official color-corrected, hi-res image will be up this morning but is the damage already done? If the idea was to start the pre-publicity campaign for X-MEN: FIRST CLASS off on the right foot, this was the opposite.

There will no doubtedly be more photos released to help quell the tide and assure fans that what you see above is not what to be expected when the film hits theaters this summer.

Here is the higher res photo.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2545/xfirstclass.jpg

EndoSickness
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Well letīs hope so, cause this looks like a huge bunk of heap.

TheObsoleteMan
01-19-2011, 02:30 PM
I wish they'd quit putting that ____ all over Mystique's face. Looks like a blue Edward James Olmos.

CelticWarrior
01-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Honestly this looks like a lame star trek promo, color me angry at this indeed.

cokebabies
01-19-2011, 02:42 PM
LOL .

The Mike
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Seeing it in High-Res doesn't make me feel better....

Deckard
01-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Yea it doesn't need ____ing color correction, its needs character correction and thats not a post production effect unfortunately for the d-bags at Fox.

January is hot, but she looks like a child playing dress up in her mom's Teddy, not the sex bomb that is Emma Frost.

Sweet Rabbit
01-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Yea it doesn't need ____ing color correction, its needs character correction and thats not a post production effect unfortunately for the d-bags at Fox.

January is hot, but she looks like a child playing dress up in her mom's Teddy, not the sex bomb that is Emma Frost.

needs a script correction too :lol

Sachiel
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Honestly this looks like a lame star trek promo, color me angry at this indeed.

Or all the other X-Men movie promos. :monkey4

slipknotpredator
01-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Looks like a porno parody to me :lol

The Mike
01-19-2011, 04:11 PM
That's an insult to porno parodies.

Kuzeh
01-19-2011, 04:12 PM
They look like characters from a bad SyFy channel show... :(

Deckard
01-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Warehouse 14, Wednesdays at 8 on ScyFy.

I keep thinking of the scene from Metalocaylpse where it needs to be explained to the band that they just made the worst movie ever and its actually going to hurt their careers.

"Oh it's a ____ing trainwreck, but were releasing it, and were making our money back even if it destroys your careers, remember big ____ sandwhich, tastes great."

:lol

wookielovin
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Hmm this doesn't looks good. Why the heck is there so many characters!!!! X-men 3 here we come!... Maybe the script will make everyone a mutant? just like pirates of the Caribbean 3

Kabukiman
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Beast looks like a blue Benicio Del Toro Wolfman.

POWER1010
01-19-2011, 04:41 PM
it does look PS'd

DinoLast
01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Emma Frost looks like some washed up aging Porn Star.
Maybe it's just a bad picture of her. Maybe

hunnipot85
01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
I wonder if HT will even bother doing a figure from this...

Fason
01-19-2011, 05:05 PM
this looks terrible. im not seeing this movie or buying anything from it. Plus im a huge x-men fan and can barely name who these characters are from the actors they chose.

hunnipot85
01-19-2011, 05:07 PM
She's not so bad, but I do prefer when Alice Eve had the role. Wonder what happened there.

steve74
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
I wish Fox would give the movie rights back to Marvel so we can get a real X-Men movie made.

Darth_Fatso
01-19-2011, 05:14 PM

I think January looks fine. Definitely better than I thought. I think Natasha Henstridge (at least 10 years ago) would have been perfect for Emma. I also agree Alice Eve would be great as Emma too.

Wake
01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
They look like characters from a bad SyFy channel show... :(

Aren't ALL syfy shows bad?!

DinoLast
01-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Aren't ALL syfy shows bad?!

Battlestar Galactica was one of the exceptions

meanstreak
01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Looks pretty horrendous.

meanstreak
01-19-2011, 05:52 PM
More pics: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/01/19/x-menfirst-class-three-exclusive-photos-and-a-report-from-the-stressed-out-set/

yawn...

Colossus
01-19-2011, 05:55 PM
I wish Fox would give the movie rights back to Marvel so we can get a real X-Men movie made.

I agree 150% with that statement :exactly:

FQRizzo
01-19-2011, 06:18 PM
This looks like a...wait for it...Epic Fail.

jye4ever
01-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Emma Frost looks like some washed up aging Porn Star.
Maybe it's just a bad picture of her. Maybe

:exactly::exactly:

I hope that in movement she looks more attractive because she looks like a skinny dude with big boobs.

Her hair is butt ugly and those stupid ruffles/feathers on her shoulder :horror

My barbie has better outfits :lol

ironwez20
01-19-2011, 06:29 PM
I really dont know about this one it looks really bad. I mean like really bad.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM

I like the look of the above lot (Maybe not the Azrael) but...

...would only keep the Girl (not mystique) and maybe the blonde guy in this lot

(So the bloke in the front is supposed to be Xavier right? why does he look the same age as his students :cuckoo:)

And let's face it guys you could put any high-class blonde actress in an Emma Frost costume and she would look hot, Alice Eve is Hotter and Diane Kruger is Smokin'

villainsfan42
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
wow...whoever designed that poster, whether it's real or not, they should be ashamed. i would fire his ass. :lecture

ugh!

JonWes
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
It really looks truly awful. But that can sometimes be deceiving.

RIDDICK
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Will see, will see...

OH WAIT, I'm not interested in this project :lol

NosferatuBill36
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
I'd make a comment about people already writing off a movie after only a single photo has been released, but...naaaaaaaaahhhhhh

: P

Agent0028
01-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Hollywood needs a panelist of comic book geeks to give input on making these movies.

risingstar
01-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Hollywood needs a panelist of comic book geeks to give input on making these movies.

Oh goodness... I hope that never ever happens.

Agent0028
01-19-2011, 08:36 PM
:lol Well they would have to disregard some of what they say or we comic book geeks are the only ones who will watch the movie.

CelticPredator
01-19-2011, 08:51 PM
^ Do you actually read the ____ people come up with on forums? Fanboys are too fickle to make movies.

karamazov80
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I really can't stand the actress playing Moira. I get angry looking at her.

villainsfan42
01-19-2011, 09:17 PM
I'd make a comment about people already writing off a movie after only a single photo has been released, but...naaaaaaaaahhhhhh

: P

the quality of the artwork for the first promo, and the quality of the first movie dont necessarily correlate. :leture

the movie may be good, great, mediocre, or terrible. none of us really know yet, but the first promo looks like junk. it's poorly done...very poorly done...but that doesn't mean the movie's good or bad. we'll find out when it's out.

Deadly Dagger
01-19-2011, 09:26 PM
wtf is this crap?

Agent0028
01-19-2011, 09:27 PM
^ Do you actually read the ____ people come up with on forums? Fanboys are too fickle to make movies.

I don't mean the average fanboy who posts on the internet. Like some of the artists and authors of comics.

lerath666
01-19-2011, 10:15 PM
is... is the red guy supposed to be Belacaso?

Kibishii
01-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Is the blond guy Havok? He has the rings on his chest...Cyclops younger brother...:dunno

jinxx
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Guy playing Havok in the front, Fassbender at the back. Of course, I'm in between them...

http://www.anikaos.com/040-onion_msn_smilies/onion_msn_smilies/onion_msn_smilies-12.gif

CelticPredator
01-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Oh. Well, you said geeks....not comic book creators...lol.

Adoptedscot
01-20-2011, 04:01 AM
Threads on this disaster merged :monkey3 :lol
x :wave

NosferatuBill36
01-20-2011, 04:55 AM
the quality of the artwork for the first promo, and the quality of the first movie dont necessarily correlate. :leture

the movie may be good, great, mediocre, or terrible. none of us really know yet, but the first promo looks like junk. it's poorly done...very poorly done...but that doesn't mean the movie's good or bad. we'll find out when it's out.

I know...that's exactly what I stated. Write off the picture ad being crap...fine. But to completely write off the movie like some are doing based on one piece of promo art is just silly.

Aneses
01-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Magneto:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4977/16703519462634388122510.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/i/16703519462634388122510.jpg/)

DinoLast
01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Magneto:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4977/16703519462634388122510.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/i/16703519462634388122510.jpg/)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:

lord-22
01-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Magneto:

It's A Joke, Right ?. . . . . . . . . . RIGHT !

Kabukiman
01-20-2011, 08:24 AM
It's A Joke, Right ?. . . . . . . . . . RIGHT !

God help us all, I think it's real. :slap

http://movies.sky.com/x-men-first-class/x-men-first-class-gallery

Natrix
01-20-2011, 08:30 AM
I know...that's exactly what I stated. Write off the picture ad being crap...fine. But to completely write off the movie like some are doing based on one piece of promo art is just silly.

It isn't just the picture (which I actually don't mind personally) but the odd character selection outside of Magneto and Xavier that is the problem. It doesn't even keep continuity with what was established in the first X-Men movie with Xavier saying that Cyclops, Storm and Jean were among his first students (First Class) yet none of them are in the movie. That is odd considering it is the same continuity and Singer is involved in this film.

karamazov80
01-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Magneto:

Laugh...Out...Loud

Natrix
01-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Magneto:

I actually like the look of the helmet at least. It looks more like the comic version then what we had in the other movies.

Natrix
01-20-2011, 08:42 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/22726/Two_More_Images_From_Men_First_Class_Make_For_The_ Banner_1295513557.jpg

i think it looks ok, people need to remember this is a retro style film based in the 1960's

hunnipot85
01-20-2011, 08:48 AM
I don't know why they re-cast Emma, Havok and Beast before filming. The earlier choices were superior, imo.

DinoLast
01-20-2011, 08:55 AM
i think it looks ok, people need to remember this is a retro style film based in the 1960's

The Helmet might look better if he had decent outfit to go with it, but in that photo it reminds me of how a Kid looks in their normal clothes while wearing one of those Helmets you can get from a Toy Shop that can say up to 5 different phrases

The Helmet might look better if he had decent outfit to go with it, but in that photo it reminds me of how a Kid looks in their normal clothes while wearing one of the Helmets from a Toy Shop, that can say up to 5 different phrases

or boba fett's at a star wars celebration :lol

DinoLast
01-20-2011, 09:00 AM
or boba fett's at a star wars celebration :lol

:lol Yeah one like that.

Natrix
01-20-2011, 09:07 AM
It is funny that everyone wanted more comic accurate costumes in the X-Men movies so now they go to a more classic looking original blue/yellow X-suit and people still piss and moan.

Kabukiman
01-20-2011, 09:14 AM
It is funny that everyone wanted more comic accurate costumes in the X-Men movies so now they go to a more classic looking original blue/yellow X-suit and people still piss and moan.

The vast majority of the pissing and moaning is about character choice, not costume design. If it were Cyclops and Jean in these costumes, I'd be ecstatic.

Natrix
01-20-2011, 09:16 AM
The vast majority of the pissing and moaning is about character choice, not costume design. If it were Cyclops and Jean in these costumes, I'd be ecstatic.

I agree and said the same thing a few posts back already.

It isn't just the picture (which I actually don't mind personally) but the odd character selection outside of Magneto and Xavier that is the problem. It doesn't even keep continuity with what was established in the first X-Men movie with Xavier saying that Cyclops, Storm and Jean were among his first students (First Class) yet none of them are in the movie. That is odd considering it is the same continuity and Singer is involved in this film.

The Mike
01-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I like Magneto's helmet and from what I've read he ditches the "X-Uniform" and wears a black suit in combat so I'm hopefully he is the only saving grace. It DOES make me appreciate the Singer version more and I wasn't a fan of those outside of a couple of character portrayals.

I love how Kevin Bacon doesn't look like Sebastian Shaw, just Kevin Bacon sitting on a couch.

http://media.entertainment.sky.com/image/unscaled/2011/01/20/X-Men-First-Class-1.jpg

jye4ever
01-20-2011, 09:53 AM
I like the new helmet, better than the weird helmet from the other movies.

Too bad I feel Frosty about Emma's look....big boobs does not make an attractive woman. Just look at her mug :horror looks like the dude from Terror Train :lol Actually, she looks like Jamie Lee Curtis in that pic. who I think looks like a dude to begin with.

Not related..well..kinda....I just hope Wolverine finally wears his classic outfit is his movie....I'm getting tired of jeans and t-shirts all the time :lol

lobox42
01-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Again they SCREW THE X-MEN MOVIE!!!!!:(

jye4ever
01-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Again they SCREW THE X-MEN MOVIE!!!!!:(

Well, that we don't know yet......but you could be right :lol

Kabukiman
01-20-2011, 09:58 AM
I love how Kevin Bacon doesn't look like Sebastian Shaw, just Kevin Bacon sitting on a couch.

They're going to CG Hayden Christensen over him anyway.

jye4ever
01-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Mmmmmmm Bacon

Shropt
01-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Magneto:

Why would you release this photo? Why?

He looks like some fanboy who found a Magneto helmet sitting around at a con, puts it on, then does a cliche pose with a stupid expression.

Seriously guys, are you that stupid?

JosephCPR
01-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Magneto:

No comments

creature4000
01-20-2011, 10:18 AM
:lol :lo :lol :lol pathetic!!! :rock

jinxx
01-20-2011, 10:40 AM
http://media.entertainment.sky.com/image/unscaled/2011/01/20/X-Men-First-Class-1.jpg

She looks like she's channeling Emma Peel in this pic.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_J_UolqS9FA0/TEYkyWIy7WI/AAAAAAAAAEc/kTmRbPImO-s/s1600/emma-peel.jpg

JosephCPR
01-20-2011, 10:43 AM
:lol :lo :lol :lol pathetic!!! :rock

Right the word I was thinking of :lol:lol:rotfl

cokebabies
01-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Magneto:

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7753/41vd3q2h7klsl500aa300.jpg

meanstreak
01-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Although that pic does indeed look like ____, I have no doubt Fassbender is going to be an amazing Magneto. (he'll def make the best of what he was given)

intothevoid
01-20-2011, 11:39 AM
this thread is full of fail... wow... ____ty

sifu74
01-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Magneto:

Man...looks like a bobblehead
I do like the outfit, the 3 previous XMen should have worn this.

freestylex06x
01-20-2011, 11:50 AM
lol ouch this movie looks horrible. how hard can it be to make an acceptable x-men film.

The Mike
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
With the money being spent to try and make a decent X-Men movie they could probably figure out a way to make real X-Men.

intothevoid
01-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Man has a point ^

DPrime
01-20-2011, 12:31 PM
No way that image is real. Looks like they photoshopped heads on to bodies. Every person's head in that shot looks weird.

Really, it looks crappy. :p

Yeah, it looks really amateurish. I don't think it's real either...

Kuzeh
01-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Magneto:

:horror

This looks worse than X-Men 3 and Wolverine combined...
:panic:

Natrix
01-20-2011, 01:32 PM
I loved this interview. :lol

Jennifer Lawrence on Being Painted Naked Daily for 'X-Men: First Class'

The "Winter's Bone" star spent eight hours a day in the make-up chair to become Mystique in the Fox prequel.

As if some of us here at Heat Vision don't already spend enough time fantasizing about becoming superheroes or working on the productions of our favorite comics adaptations, here's a fun little anecdote from the set of X-Men: First Class.

Winter's Bone star Jennifer Lawrence, who plays the blue-bodied Mystique in the Fox prequel, spent nearly half of the five-month shoot in London and Georgia enduring an irritating diet, two-hour daily workouts and eight hours in full-body makeup per day. That's right, for eight hours every day for months the beautiful Lawrence had a coterie of seven girls ďall up in [my] business," as she puts it.

"Nothingís sacred anymore," Lawrence says. "Those girls and I got so close. They were painting me naked every day for months. It was kind of like going to a really bizarre sleepover."

Funny, that's exactly how many of us picture female-only slumber parties.

Right. "Itís what you guys imagine we do: One naked girl and seven pairs of hands all over her,Ē she mocks.

As it turns out, the studio has options on Lawrence for two sequels, so if First Class does well, she could head "back to the paint" and her tight-knit crew. In the meantime, post-shoot she was psyched not only to get her own skin back, but to ditch the diet, as well, when she got back home to Kentucky and some cherished home cooking.

"It was awful, I was hungry for five months," says Lawrence, who felt herself bulking up and getting weirdly aggressive during the shoot. ďIím still pissed about it. Iím slowly working my way back because I have to be able to eat like an _______."

Man, you gotta love this girl.

EVILFACE
01-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Magneto:

Why does Magneto have the helmet this early on? In X-Men Mags acted like it was a new thing he created to keep Charles out of his head at the train station.

Natrix
01-20-2011, 01:56 PM
What does these quotes say?

Vaughn assures fans that he has the best intentions.

“I’m a fan of X-Men. We’re not bastardizing X-Men, I’m trying to get them back to being whole again.

Um....hate to break it to you Vaughn but you really are.

As for the costumes…

The costumes are blue and yellow as well, because ____ it, lets take it back it the original. Also, by the way, those costumes are hardly in the movie. The main costumes are like these cool 60’s James Bond…”

Then...

Here you've got January Jones as Emma Frost and Kevin Bacon as the movie's big villain, Sebastian Shaw. A character he describes as:

"A very powerful billionaire and also, as it turns out, a mutant. He's the leader of the Hellfire Club, which is a nightclub for the rich and extremely powerful. And he has a plot to take over the world, so that's really fun. He's incredibly good at manipulating people and at taking whatever kind of energy or ability they have and using it to his advantage, like if he's talking to a German, he's fluent in German. He's very charming and able to get whatever he wants."

What? Those aren't his mutant powers...

And...

As for keeping the fans of the series happy, Vaughn says he did “a lot of research on the X-men comics” and is trying to be faithful to the mythology set-up over the years.

I’d say this is more like Casino Royale than [JJ Abrams] Star Trek. If you think about it, Casino Royale just totally rebooted Bond — they kept what they wanted and got rid of what didn’t work. You sort of saw Bond become a double O for the first time and yet it didn’t seem to matter [what they changed]. I think my rule is to make a stand alone movie that is as good as possible and do as many nods and winks towards the comics and the other films, but not get tied up in knots worrying about that. It’s sort of a stand-alone movie in my mind with a reboot being a real reboot. Because if you’re a stickler for continuity, in X3 when you see Patrick Stewart…. well, I don’t want to give away anything about the plot but we’ve been as respectful of the other movies and comics as we I can feasibly can be without compromising the story.”