Doomsday

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denger4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
So Doomsday comes out tomorrow and I pretty much have decided to make a blind buy of it, however, it doesn't hurt to ask my fellow freaks what they thought of it.

I probably didn't mind it as much as others because of it's setting.....but it was sorely missing humour, which helped Dog Soldiers no end.

I'm interested to see your update. I almost made a blind purchase of this myself on the strength of Dog Soldiers and The Descent. People seemed pretty split on it, so I held out.

There's another thread around here about it that I started when it debuted. I actually liked it a lot - lots of elements from other films - 28 days later meets Road Warrior - but I thought it a lot of fun.

The only cool thing in the whole movie is you can see a member of the Baseball Furies in the crowd when that ****** bag is on stage dancing around like an ass.

damn I wanna buy this movie o n BRay so bad. I...... I wanna use Dave to justtify it ...... I LOVEd Dog Soldirers & Descent ..... WTF do I do ????

damn I wanna buy this movie o n BRay so bad. I...... I wanna use Dave to justtify it ...... I LOVEd Dog Soldirers & Descent ..... WTF do I do ????

I LOVED LOVED Dog Soldiers and LOVED Descent, but this move in NO WAY resembles the later 2 in terms of screen writing or general coolness.

Doomsday is so lost half the time its a little unbelievable.

Its Escape From New York meets 28 Dater Later meets Resident Evil meets The Warriors meets Mad Max meets Gladiator meets Robin Hood :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Rent it before you buy it!!

EDIT: Added in Escape from New York to the list of movies this movie attempted to emulate. Thnx Obsolete Man.

Last edited:
Escape from New York + Mad Max with a dash of 28 Days Later seems like a can't miss recipe for asskickery, but Doomsday somehow managed to take those elements and make them tedious. There are a couple of cool moments later on but by the time I got there it was too little too late. I saw the unrated version, and there was a lot of excessive gore that seemed unnecessary and out of place. It's not that I'm against gore, but a lot of it here just felt wedged in as an attempt to make up for a rather dull movie.

The only cool thing in the whole movie is you can see a member of the Baseball Furies in the crowd when that ****** bag is on stage dancing around like an ass.

Although this was freaking hilarious---

I'm shocked by all of the hatred for this movie...and from fanboys at that.

If you haven't seen it, give it a chance. It's certainly flawed, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I thought it was a hoot. And that Rhona Mitra is too hot for words. Loved her. Hope to see a sequel. The movie cracked me up. Not great or anything, just funny.

Back