Official Diamond Select 18" Star Wars Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Since things are starting to roll for the line, I thought I'd start a dedicated thread to the line. They're not the greatest figures ever, but I see some diamonds in the rough, and at their price they're ok. I like what I see with Maul, as a Maul collector I'll enjoy adding him to the collection. I like Obi-Wan too, will get him as an Obi-Wan fan. Han's alright, but I'm not too interested in him.

DarthMaul1copy.jpg

DarthMaul2copy.jpg

DarthMaul3copy.jpg

DarthMaul4copy.jpg

DarthMaul5copy.jpg

DarthMaul6copy.jpg

DarthMaul7copy.jpg

DarthMaul8copy.jpg

Probably the worst aspect of these is they are too skinny in some costumes. Maul sans robe may not look too good.

Hoth1.jpg

Hoth2.jpg

Hoth3.jpg

Hoth4.jpg

Hoth5.jpg

Hoth6.jpg

Hoth7.jpg

Hoth8.jpg

I reckon they're better than most people give 'em credit for, especially at that scale and price point. Most quarter-scale figures these days are non-poseable.

I wouldn't pay MSRP for this, but on clearance I'd get that Maul.

I reckon they're better than most people give 'em credit for, especially at that scale and price point. Most quarter-scale figures these days are non-poseable.

To compare them to similar products, we can use NECA as an example. NECA 18" figures run roughly $40-$50, solid plastic, little to no accessories, with sound. These guys are going to be quite articulated, full cloth costumes, and sound for about $20 more. I think that's pretty reasonable. Their biggest flaw is the size of the base body, too skinny/lanky.

These figures don't look too bad. The Obi-Wan looks like it has potential, especially with a repaint.

These figures actually look like something that would have come out back in the '80s and been considered "high-end". For the price point, they aren't that bad.

The one thought that crosses my mind about them and all of the brands holding the license for this scale figure for SW is....aren't they worried even a little bit about over-saturation and overkill?

The one thought that crosses my mind about them and all of the brands holding the license for this scale figure for SW is....aren't they worried even a little bit about over-saturation and overkill?

LFL worried about overkill :rotfl

Seriously though, this is a new market that hasn't been done. Ya, Sideshow's PF line is the same size, but they're mixed media statues, not figures at all. These are just jumbo sized action figures basically.

hey MaulFan, where can you get these? I actually have an 18" collection and Maul and Obi-Wan look pretty good.

No idea yet, I imagine StarWarsShop will have them as well as places like Hot Topic perhaps, I know my local comic shop carries DS Star Trek figures and ships.

I heard of Diamond Select but never can seem to find where there sold. can you do me a favor and lmk when you find out? :maul

Back