Christopher Reeve Superman Statue coming from DCD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. Their Joker statue sucked, their Superman statue sucked... I have no hopes.

Well, their Superman vs. Darkseid and Superman vs. Wonder Woman statue look great so far. Their Batman PF was decent but had many QC issues just like the Batman bust. If they can straighten out their QC issues, half their problems would disappear.

if they got the likeness rights to make a statue, can other stuff be far off? 1/4th, 1/6th stuff?

As long as Andy B. gets to sculpt him, I'll have hope for this. Otherwise, I am not holding my breath.

Hopefully Andy can practice his likeness on a 1/6 Head and offer it up here first. :D

Well, their Superman vs. Darkseid and Superman vs. Wonder Woman statue look great so far. Their Batman PF was decent but had many QC issues just like the Batman bust. If they can straighten out their QC issues, half their problems would disappear.

Correction. Their Superman vs. Wonder Woman is phenomenal. Their Superman vs. Darkseid looks like crap.

if they got the likeness rights to make a statue, can other stuff be far off? 1/4th, 1/6th stuff?

It says great things for the likeness rights which means the Son has given permission. That means that it could seap to either DCD 1/6 or if we are lucky even Hot Toys figures.

The Linda Carter statue wasn't all that great, DCD is fairly sub-par.

DCD direct will drop the ball I am sure.

More importantly is that his likeness is out there now, which means Hot Toys could get it:rock

It says great things for the likeness rights which means the Son has given permission. That means that it could seap to either DCD 1/6 or if we are lucky even Hot Toys figures.

god, i hate to see a chris reeve sculpt on that horrible DC 13 inch body.

hopefuly warner bros and the reeve estate know the goldmine they have on their hands. high quality chris reeve and superman the movie merchandise would sell big time. let's hope they loved the hot toys jor-el figure and want to add his son to that collection.

god, i hate to see a chris reeve sculpt on that horrible DC 13 inch body.

hopefuly warner bros and the reeve estate know the goldmine they have on their hands. high quality chris reeve and superman the movie merchandise would sell big time. let's hope they loved the hot toys jor-el figure and want to add his son to that collection.

And how tall was Chris? 6'6"?

So that's 78 inches, right? 78/6 = 13". Well, what do you know, this 13" DC Figure will actually be to scale. :D

And if Andy does the sculpt, it will not only be to scale, but will look great and could actually be the Only good 1/6 CR Supes we'll see done to scale. Imagine that.

Bumped, just because it's great news. Does anyone else remember reading somwehere that Mattel said the Movie Masters line might include figures from the earlier Batman movies and the Reeve Superman movies? I can't find the quote now, but I know I read it.

I remember reading they put out for a Master License for the Batman films but never for the Superman film.

Bumped, just because it's great news. Does anyone else remember reading somwehere that Mattel said the Movie Masters line might include figures from the earlier Batman movies and the Reeve Superman movies? I can't find the quote now, but I know I read it.

That'd be great news!

Except, of course, I'd have about as much chance as finding them as I've had the Joker and Scarecrow.

And how tall was Chris? 6'6"?

So that's 78 inches, right? 78/6 = 13". Well, what do you know, this 13" DC Figure will actually be to scale. :D

And if Andy does the sculpt, it will not only be to scale, but will look great and could actually be the Only good 1/6 CR Supes we'll see done to scale. Imagine that.

they say reeve was 6'4", but i have my doubts. i think he was closer to 6 foot.(all hollywood actors inflate their height)

on the howard stern show, they brought one of the screen used suits in and all the guys tried it on. howard is 6'5" and much skinner than reeve and the suit was way too small for him.

one of howard's producers, a guy named KC tried it on and it fit perfectly, and he's about 6 foot tall.

regardless of how tall chris reeve really was, a superman figure of him on that DC body will look horrible. he was never that muscular.

they say reeve was 6'4", but i have my doubts. i think he was closer to 6 foot.(all hollywood actors inflate their height)

on the howard stern show, they brought one of the screen used suits in and all the guys tried it on. howard is 6'5" and much skinner than reeve and the suit was way too small for him.

one of howard's producers, a guy named KC tried it on and it fit perfectly, and he's about 6 foot tall.

regardless of how tall chris reeve really was, a superman figure of him on that DC body will look horrible. he was never that muscular.

Are you trying to actually say Chris was only 6ft tall? :lol

Based on a Howard Stern broadcast? :rotfl

I think you need to check your facts. I doubt you even know what the casting requirements were for this Film.

He was 6' 4" and wore Boots which made him closer to 6' 5/6" in the Film.

Are you trying to actually say Chris was only 6ft tall? :lol

Based on a Howard Stern broadcast? :rotfl

I think you need to check your facts. I doubt you even know what the casting requirements were for this Film.

He was 6' 4" and wore Boots which made him closer to 6' 5/6" in the Film.

i've had my doubts he was ever 6'4", based on numerous things, mostly seeing him stand next to margot kidder, and those superman boots he wore had nothing to make him taller. they had flat soles, it would be like he was barefoot.

hollywood people all lie about their height. clint eastwood is supposed to be 6'4" and schwarzenegger is supposed to be 6'2", but i saws them together and they were the same height. and rumor is that arnold is only 6 foot.

if you saw the video of howard stern putitng on the superman suit, you'd believe me that a guy who was 6'4 would never fit into that suit.

Back