DC Direct 13" Dr. Manhattan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just unveiled yesterday I believe:
226scaled600ty0.jpg

There's also pics of a Manhattan Bust and a 7" action figure here:
https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=13270
Along with 1:1 scale Rorschach's mask, grapple gun; 1:1 scale the Comedian's pistols; and a statue of The Nite-Owl's ship.

218__scaled_600.jpg

219__scaled_600.jpg

aaaaahhhhh, I'm not feeling this one, I try to give DC Direct a lot of credit, but I gotta say this one kinda misses the mark a little

Hard to believe he's going to be a $100 figure. What's with the center of his chest?

THATS $100!!!
They must be F^^^^n' crazy if they expect that much. :google:google:google:google:google
Has this been confirmed someplace?

And what do you mean by "with the center of his chest"? It looks alright to me.

I know. DCD is about as insane as Lucas thinking people will pay $4000 for a set of picture books.

Read it and weap. Or laugh.
https://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=10045

On his abdomen, what's that square? Is that for posing or just something on a preproduction figure?

Damn you're right.
That's just insane.
It does say in the description that he comes with a removable suit, so I think he will also have a suit you could display him in, still fn' insane price.

Yeah, that square is a seam for his torso articulation. It allows forward and back movement of his upper torso; actually it's a pretty good solution for having a joint there and allowing it to blend into the sculpt and not be so obvious.

Ian1138, that's actually a good idea, I hope it glows too. It still might since it's only a prototype and not an actual production figure.

DCD's prices are outrageous but the fact that they wouldn't greatly adjust the price for a figure with no outfit and virtually no accessories is insane. this shouldn't cost more than 50-60 bucks at MOST in my opinion.

I love the character and the franchise, but this is an expensive POS.

DCD has let the license go to their heads! The quality of their product is much lower than SS and their price is higher...hmmm. I don't know who is watching the Watchmen, but I can assure you of one person who isn't buying them.

Unless they vastly improve this before release, you can get a Buck and a can of spray paint for a lot less and come out with the same figure.

So is this figure coming with the suit too or just the speedo. If it is just the speedo, DC is really ripping people off. Like posted earlier, that is Cobra Commander's retail price and he comes with tons more stuff (clothes for one thing). If this was a Hot Toys rubber body with a full suit then the price would be justified, but not a buck figure with a speedo.

I saw some DCD 13" figures this weekend at FAO and they actually look quite decent in person (Joker, GL, Supes, Bizzarro). If I had the cash I probably would have gotten the GL corp and Joker.

Back