• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

courtesy reminder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerd

Super Freak
Reaction score
to all our international members. if you request to have a shipping estimate for an item in the commerce section, PLEASE have the courtesy to reply back to the person that took the time to get the estimate and let them know if you want the item or not. thanks.

to all our international members. if you request to have a shipping estimate for an item in the commerce section, PLEASE have the courtesy to reply back to the person that took the time to get the estimate and let them know if you want the item or not. thanks.

I agree with Tylerd.
Don't drop off the face of the earth after your quote. If you don't want it anymore just say so.

Gotta agree here. It is part of the reason I just don't do international anymore. I've taken crap to the post office and never heard back...and even better, I've had "I know you don't like to ship International, but I will take these for sure just let me know what the shipping is!", so I box it all up, take it all to the Post to get the quote, then no reply for 3 days followed bay a "I don't want them."

You can get a quote online, but it isn't always accurate. Just this week I gave a quote from USPS.com to an international member and then it turned out to be cheaper at the Post Office. If it goes that way, it must go the other way too sometimes.

You can get a quote online, but it isn't always accurate. Just this week I gave a quote from USPS.com to an international member and then it turned out to be cheaper at the Post Office. If it goes that way, it must go the other way too sometimes.

Aint that the same for Domestic mail though too ?

Im forever taking things to the post office for Domestic Prices also

I totally understand about "No replies"

I also understand that post office journeys are a way of life for me when it comes to Domestic and International postage and collecting

maybe U.S. postage is easier than European postage I dunno - Im guessing it is

No offense to the international members here, but this is why most of us shy away from sales outside of the US unfortnately. There's also the fact that usually you guys want us to mark it as a gift with a much lower value. While it's understandable because of the customs fees, it does put everybody at risk in the event the item is lost or broken. I have never been comfortable with doing that myself.

But yeah, a reply is definitely common courtesy. This doesn't only apply to international buyers... I've actually had more domestic customers drop out of communication that international folks.

That I believe was my RPD Leon, I much appreciate your honesty.

That I believe was my RPD Leon, I much appreciate your honesty.

Thank you, but really isn't that why we buy, sell and trade within the community? Not to derail the thread with the "Commerce Section vs. Ebay" debate, but I personally look at the commerce section as buying from and selling to my peers (even if I've never dealt with them before on the boards). I do everything within reason for Ebay buyers, but I will go above and beyond for a Freak. And in general I have gotten the same in return.
:duff
We don't have to all get along, but a little commom courtesy goes a long way!

Can't you just get a quote online in most cases?

yes, but when you take the time to get a quote, a simple timely reply letting the person know if you want it or not isn't too much to ask. especially if there is more than one person interested. usually the first inquiry gets first chance to buy it. you may be holding up a sale to the next person by not replying.

yes, but when you take the time to get a quote, a simple timely reply letting the person know if you want it or not isn't too much to ask. especially if there is more than one person interested. usually the first inquiry gets first chance to buy it. you may be holding up a sale to the next person by not replying.

That's fine. I just wanted to know if you trudged all the way down to the Post Office every time you got a quote for somebody. :lol

Back