13" DC Direct Sgt. Rock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the easiest DC character you can make yourself for far less then what DCD will be asking.
I was hoping it would be Wonder Woman too.

Cool for those who like him but I was wanting to see Wonder Woman.

I like the way this figure looks and will probably pick it up, but I didn't know it was even out yet.
I am always on the cusp of going full force into this line but something always stops me. I think Sgt. Rock and the Jay Garrick Flash figures look great and will probably pick them both up.

Last edited:
who is Sgt. Rock? is he a super hero like Captain America?

:horror

Exit this thread NOW !

Seriously, though, Sgt Rock is/was a fictitious US Army Sgt in World War II.

:lol oh right, so he's not 'Super' then. Seems a bit of add odd choice to me, but I know nothing about the character. He looks pretty cool though.:peace

The figure has a great headsculpt and the overall quality of clothing and equipment is pretty good. Not really state of the art, but comparable or better than a lot of earlier releases by companies like Dragon and bbi. He has items like a cloth cartridge belt and nicely detailed helmet and boots. If your satisfied with SSC clothing and equipment this won't dissapoint. The base body as everyone knows is huge, and I believe this is going to cost DCD a bunch of potential sales to 1/6th military collectors who were or are comic readers. I'd really like to place the head on a 1/6th figure body, a muscular type like the bigger Hot Toys bodies and make it into a more in scale figure. But if your looking for a stand alone Sgt. Rock, or are displaying him with your other DCD, he's very well done and a nice addition to the line.

The figure has a great headsculpt and the overall quality of clothing and equipment is pretty good. Not really state of the art, but comparable or better than a lot of earlier releases by companies like Dragon and bbi. He has items like a cloth cartridge belt and nicely detailed helmet and boots. If your satisfied with SSC clothing and equipment this won't dissapoint. The base body as everyone knows is huge, and I believe this is going to cost DCD a bunch of potential sales to 1/6th military collectors who were or are comic readers. I'd really like to place the head on a 1/6th figure body, a muscular type like the bigger Hot Toys bodies and make it into a more in scale figure. But if your looking for a stand alone Sgt. Rock, or are displaying him with your other DCD, he's very well done and a nice addition to the line.
DCD Deluxe clothes actually fit pretty nicely on the HT muscular body, they are just a bit long.

Anyone know where is the best e-tailer to get him? Thinking of picking him up.

I just got my Sgt. Rock at thumbsatplay.com, my first time to buy at this company, for $40 plus $6.95 flat rate UPS Ground shipping.

Seems that very few of them do... many (at least for now) can be bought on the cheap. Which isn't surprising as they are so damn odd.

Guess the DCDirect figures doen't hold their value at all.

The odd base body makes them a stand alone item for most collectors. They really only display with other DCD 13" figures. Without having any crossover potential for display or "play" with actual 1/6th scale figures, the value for most general 1/6th collectors is pretty low. Doesn't do much for the figures popularity at retail or on the aftermarket. Sgt Rock as an example is a very nice figure but most military figure collectors who might have picked him up in 12" 1/6th scale took a pass due to his size. Too bad thay went this way. Until I recieved my first DCD figure (Superman) I didn't realise how huge it would be.

Guess the DCDirect figures doen't hold their value at all.

The odd base body makes them a stand alone item for most collectors. They really only display with other DCD 13" figures. Without having any crossover potential for display or "play" with actual 1/6th scale figures, the value for most general 1/6th collectors is pretty low. Doesn't do much for the figures popularity at retail or on the aftermarket. Sgt Rock as an example is a very nice figure but most military figure collectors who might have picked him up in 12" 1/6th scale took a pass due to his size. Too bad thay went this way. Until I recieved my first DCD figure (Superman) I didn't realise how huge it would be.

Back