Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
mia-wasikowska.jpg

I totally forgot Tim Burton was making a new version of Alice in Wonderland, but yeah, he is, and word is he's found his lead in Australian actress Mia Wasikowska--and he didn't even have to look through the looking glass to find her! Haha! Try and top that, Hollywood Reporter!

Tim Burton and Disney have found their new Alice -- not in Wonderland or down the rabbit hole but Down Under.

Australian actress Mia Wasikowska is in final negotiations to walk through the looking glass in Burton's take on Lewis Carroll's classic fantasy novel "Alice in Wonderland."

Damn, they got me again. "Wonderland," "down the rabbit hole," and "through the looking glass," all in two sentences? I don't know how they do it. I'll out-idiotic-cutesy-reference you one day, Hollywood Reporter.

I can only imagine what Burton will do with Alice in Wonderland.....but after seeing Willy Wonka and remembering Edward Scissorhands, I have an idea...I wonder who Johnny Depp will play??

It's gonna be in 3D too. I saw Journey to the Center of the Earth last weekend and it looked amazing. I can't wait to see what they do with this.

Yeah, I do wanna see this!!!

This may be blasphemy, but I'm kinda getting tired of Johnny. He doesn't really excite me anymore when I hear he is gonna be in a movie anymore. But with what Mike said, I'm guessing he will be the Mad Hater.

When the hell do we get the Rob Zombie Evil Alice In Wonderland already??!! That's the one I am really excited to see!!!

I thought it'd be a bad idea to remake Willy Wonka because I loved that movie growing up, but Burton's take was better and more like the book. Because of that, I'd be up for a good version of Alice in Wonderland.

Are you excited or pissed over that fact?? Your tone is a little hard to tell. "Mark my words" is usually a pised off statement, so........

I wouldn't watch a remake of Oz anyways, no matter who did it.

Holy moly... that is such as awesome idea (smacks self for never thinking the same thing) :slap

I would love to see that. :joy

If, like Charlie and the Chocolate Factor, he stays a tad closer to the source material, I'd be game. But again, like the former, you'd have people saying "He changed it sooo drastically" because they dont :read

The Synopsis:
Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice) attempts to work his gothic magic over one of the best loved stories of all time... Lewis Carroll's 'Alice In Wonderland', which first told the story of a young girl, who after following a rabbit down a hole, is transported to a strange world. Whilst the disney version of the tale relied on sweetness and light to delight the audience, Burton fans can be sure to look out for the same cartoon traits as earlier masterpiece 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'.

He plans to use a mix of heavy CGI with his live action actors. Should be interesting to see how this frames up with a 2010 release date planned.

I love Nightmare Before Christmas(will be buying the Blu-ray later this year) and can't wait to see his version of Alice in Wonderland.

johnny-depp-wonka.jpg

Johnny Depp is to play the Mad Hatter in a new version of 'Alice in Wonderland'.

The 'Sleepy Hollow' actor is teaming up with director Tim Burton again for the movie, a re-imagining of the classic children's tale.

A source said: "Tim has had designs on 'Alice in Wonderland' since before he was famous.

"He has a knack for turning what seems like stories for just kids into gripping, spooky fables loved just as much by adults.

"He's held out on doing 'Alice' until he got a big enough budget. Now this film is financed by Disney so money won't be a problem."

The movie - which is scheduled for release in 2010 - will be the seventh time Johnny and Tim have worked together.

They have previously collaborated on 'Edward Scissorhands', 'Ed Wood', 'Sleepy Hollow', 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', 'Corpse Bride' and 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street'.

Disney produced an animated version of 'Alice in Wonderland' in 1951.

Meanwhile, Johnny is said to be teaming up with director Terry Gilliam to make 'The Man Who Killed Don Quixote'.

Work on the project was halted after just five days in 2001, with the setbacks chronicled in a documentary, 'Lost In La Mancha'.

Actor Jean Rochefort suffered a double hernia on the first day of filming, while the second day saw most of the set in Madrid washed away.

Johnny allegedly refused to wait for his co-star to recover before filming could begin again and pulled out of the role, causing financiers to pull their backing and the project being aborted.

A source revealed: "They are having another crack at it after putting a deal together. Johnny is a bigger star now than he was then, thanks to the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' franchise, and there is every confidence they can pull it off."

(C) BANG Media International.

I didn't know it was being funded by Disney....huh....I wonder if it will hinder his vision at all

Well some parts of the Pirate movies weren't all kid friendly, so I think they will let Burton go about his style. Prolly along the lines of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Back