TDK News: Hot Toys Newsletter--New Figures and DC Direct Distribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren1228

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hot Toys has just sent out their newsletters and two big announcements regarding TDK products. Thought I'd start a new thread to discuss which figures you want to see out next.

1. As expected more TDK products are coming. I'm hoping it is Two-Face and Commissioner Gordon.

" Batman fans are being crazy in this summer! - Nearly every single one of Hot Toys team members watched THE DARK KNIGHT movie and really admire the new style of this Batman movie directed by Christopher Nolan. To celebrate the great success of this movie, we decided to develop more collectibles for Batman Fans! Before the new products comes out, let's take a short tour to view on ALL existing TDK collectibles and keep checking on our future newsletter for more updates! "

2. DC Direct is importing TDK figures from Hot Toys!!! Totally didn't see this coming. Those of you who still haven't purchased can now wait for DC Direct to import them.

"DC Comics is bringing Hot Toys THE DARK KNIGHT collectibles to North America! - Most excited news for US collectors! We've just received DC Comics' confirmation about importing The Dark Knight collectibles to North America! As official announcement will be posted very soon, please stick around at DCDirectOnline.com for more information! "

Re: TDK News: Hot Toys Newsletter

Would like to see a Harvey Dent. Burned and all. :D

Same here. They could give us two headsculpts and two suits (normal/damaged) and have Harvey Dent/Two-Face in one purchase. Please do this Hot Toys.....I don't think many will buy a Harvey Dent figure if you decide to sell them separately. Accessories would be gun, normal coin, damaged coin....

Re: TDK News: Hot Toys Newsletter--New Figures and DC Direct distribution

2. DC Direct is importing TDK figures from Hot Toys!!! Totally didn't see this coming. Those of you who still haven't purchased can now wait for DC Direct to import them.

"DC Comics is bringing Hot Toys THE DARK KNIGHT collectibles to North America! - Most excited news for US collectors! We've just received DC Comics' confirmation about importing The Dark Knight collectibles to North America! As official announcement will be posted very soon, please stick around at DCDirectOnline.com for more information! "
Now THAT is some exciting news. Perhaps these will get a bit more affordable?

Now THAT is some exciting news. Perhaps these will get a bit more affordable?

Totally sucks for those who've already pre-ordered. DC Direct should have planned this better....a lot of potential buyers have already preordered them elsewhere. I'm sure there will be new collectors sucked into 1/6 figures because of the movie though.

There shouldn't be any shortage of distributors then.:cool:

Maybe a Gordon is in the works. :rock

Hot Toys has just sent out their newsletters and two big announcements regarding TDK products. Thought I'd start a new thread to discuss which figures you want to see out next.

1. As expected more TDK products are coming. I'm hoping it is Two-Face and Commissioner Gordon.

" Batman fans are being crazy in this summer! - Nearly every single one of Hot Toys team members watched THE DARK KNIGHT movie and really admire the new style of this Batman movie directed by Christopher Nolan. To celebrate the great success of this movie, we decided to develop more collectibles for Batman Fans! Before the new products comes out, let's take a short tour to view on ALL existing TDK collectibles and keep checking on our future newsletter for more updates! "

2. DC Direct is importing TDK figures from Hot Toys!!! Totally didn't see this coming.

DAmnit...im already broke.. going to start saving from right now for the new figures from this line. harvey is definitely going to be one of the figures.. what i would like would be a TDK costume from this scene. with the backpack thing and what ever the hell he is holding. unlikely.. but never hurts to wish

watermark.php

There shouldn't be any shortage of distributors then.:cool:

Maybe a Gordon is in the works. :rock

Since I already have the Batman and Joker on my list Gordon is my most desired figure.:D

DAmnit...im already broke.. going to start saving from right now for the new figures from this line. harvey is definitely going to be one of the figures.. what i would like would be a TDK costume from this scene. with the backpack thing and what ever the hell he is holding.

watermark.php

The sticky mine gun thingy.....should have included it with TDK Batman.:mad:

aah ahhh spoiler!:rotfl.. movie only releases here tomorrow. hot tickets for the 1:30 pm show

Sorry about that....didn't realize a Batfan like you hadn't seen it yet:monkey5
Even though it isn't your fault. Enjoy the movie.

me thinks dc direct may bring in the cosbabies and snap kit stuff...they want more exposure at TRU and stuff and I do not see them doing the Tumblers and Bat Pods..but you never know..it may be a good thing...

God,tell me about it!!It s showing at the IMAX on the South Bank,near Waterloo,the largest cinema in the UK.But it s sold out for weeks!!The only way to get tickets now is to go for the 02:30 or 05:30 showings.Im seriously contemplating the 02:30 myself.Be shattered for work the next day but i can deal with that.The G/F thinks im nuts even considering it but maybe i am:lol

As for the figures,yeah,Gordon,Two face,excellent.Why not.

I want a Gordon figure the most, out of those that haven't been made yet.

personally I would be down for an alternate costume joker...as that was one of my favorite parts in the movie!!

Interesting... guess this debunks the theory that DcDirect was oblivious to HT figures. Will be interesting to see how far this goes, maybe it will start with distribution, but eventually HT can take a crack at all the 1/6 figures **fingers crossed**

It will be interesting to see what DC Direct chooses to distribute. I am sure they see the popularity of the HT products and the money they were missing out on by not distributing them in the US.

Very smart move by them to make I think.

The biggest problem I see is that the value of these will plummet. I remember when Master Replicas brought the Jack Sparrow RAH over, now you can barely fetch $50 for it.

If The Joker is on eBay for $100, I'm gonna spit rocks.

Back