hottoys or dc direct joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsmpls

Super Freak
Reaction score
i dont know if this has been said or asked but im looking to get a joker and noticed the dcdirect and hottoys whats the main difference and what do you guys like better

Hot Toys one is the best one. Best clothing and painting (although he could use more black around the eyes) as well as the best hair. DCD is 13" tall (ie Too tall for anyone's collection) but is a scan of Heath Ledger's face. Also slightly cheaper, but only slighlty.

The Hot Toys is the way to go. But HURRY!

I think the HT version is superior to the DC version, but I do prefer the likeness on that one. I'm not so keen on the HT likeness myself.

The body and cloths on the other hand are just superb!

But to be fair to the DC one it is miles cheaper, so probaly a case of 'you get what you pay for'.

Comparing what I've seen up close with DCD, and the pics of Hot Toys; Hot Toys!

Hot Toys are always (at least up till now) the better quality figure, but like has been said before you'll pay more for them. But if you want the better figure, and too me HT is waaay better, you'll wan to go Hot Toys.

Even between HT DC and Medicom HT is the way to go here. (but the medicom one don't look to shabby either, but it don't come out till dec. and the HT tailoring is Ace!

Even if the DCD figure wasn't a 13" giant, I'd still take the Hot Toys version. People talk about how good the likeness is on the DCD figure, but I don't really see it. Maybe it's the crappy paint job.

review_dcddarkkinght_4.jpg

Even if the DCD figure wasn't a 13" giant, I'd still take the Hot Toys version. People talk about how good the likeness is on the DCD figure, but I don't really see it. Maybe it's the crappy paint job.

That sculpt sucks. Looks like he's constipated. It also looks like Winston Churchill in drag.

That is exactly the problem. Here, Les only added a bit more hair and repainted it:

MYJOKER018.jpg

I love both and I'm getting both. the DCD I will display on the prison bench. DCD is 13" and stands on a base that is a 1/2".

The HT one naturally has more detail and better clothing (at the price they're asking, it had better) but to me, the head looks a bit "over sculpted." Some of the detail makes him look much older than he appeared in the film. I think they sculpted where paint would have sufficed. It's a damned nice-looking figure, though.

I'm content with my DCD one. Plus, you can't beat its accessories -- especially the clown mask.

i did see the clown mask as an extra with dc and like it but where can you still get a hot toys one besides the bay

That Les repaint of the DC sculpt sure looks great.

But out of the box, I'd take HT's Joker over DC's any day of the week.

I think the HT version is superior to the DC version, but I do prefer the likeness on that one. I'm not so keen on the HT likeness myself.

The body and cloths on the other hand are just superb!

But to be fair to the DC one it is miles cheaper, so probaly a case of 'you get what you pay for'.

My goodness, best avatar and signature ever!

Aw, thanks hun. :D I lurve me some Shaun.

SPACED finally out on DVD in North America on the 22nd.:rock:rock:rock

Ive got both ordered (in fact I'm hoping that the DC Direct will make its way here before the end of the weekand that the HT one will jet in before the end of the month) and I too plan on posing the DC Direct sitting down (after a suitable paint job.

peeping tom said:
I love both and I'm getting both. the DCD I will display on the prison bench. DCD is 13" and stands on a base that is a 1/2".

I like your idea-- but I think I have a table (that I was going to use to create a poker environment for my multiple Bonds to sit at) that I think I'll use for the interrogation scene-- then It's just a matter of finding a TDK Bats to pose behind him-- and for that the DC Direct (cheap) down the road might suffice.

just picked up my DCD joker figure and im very pleased..you can never have to many TDK jokers in your collection!:D

Last edited:
I do like that they gave him the mask. You have to think that HT is waiting to make a separate version of him that will include it.

Most likely thats the case... they do love variants.

HT is clearly the better overall figure, just depends on how much you want to spend. And don't forget the restricted poseability of DCD... cut wrists, no thank you :monkey4:monkey4

Back