The Dark Knight DVD & Blu Ray details

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet to see the IMAX version of TDK yet, but the idea of shifting aspect ratios really concerns me. I would prefer that the 2.35:1 ratio remain intact as seen on non IMAX prints...hopefully the shifting aspect ratio will be an optional feature.

If Nolan says there were no deleted scenes, I belive him. I do want the death of that one character shown....Why so serious scene....

As good as the first 6 minutes look of TDK from the I AM LEGEND link on the BB BluRay I don't see how anyone could not get this in that format.

With the Oscar buzz sourrounding this is it possible they'll hold off on the DVD until after the Oscars so they can rerelease it to theatres like they sometimes like to do? I would think they'd want the DVD to be out in time for Christmas, but was just wondering what ya'll think.

I thought the flipping aspect ratios was noticeable, however, i didn't care, and it didn't distract from anything, as I was glued to the film the entire time, making this a really long sentence.

Article by Black Mamba

The Dark Knight on Blu-ray with BD-Live features?
Warner Bros. hints that "The Dark Knight" could be the first release on Blu-ray to feature BD-Live.

"The Dark Knight" could be the first title to change this. With the enormous success of the movie Warner will no doubt make something special out of its DVD and Blu-ray releases and it could make the studio go for BD-Live. According to HCC Magazine the studio has hinted that a group of people will be able to start the movie simultaneously allowing for chat under and after the movie. Other possible features include library access and more.

"The Dark Knight" will most likely be released on DVD and Blu-ray this November or December.

Article by Black Mamba

The Dark Knight on Blu-ray with BD-Live features?
Warner Bros. hints that "The Dark Knight" could be the first release on Blu-ray to feature BD-Live.

"The Dark Knight" could be the first title to change this. With the enormous success of the movie Warner will no doubt make something special out of its DVD and Blu-ray releases and it could make the studio go for BD-Live. According to HCC Magazine the studio has hinted that a group of people will be able to start the movie simultaneously allowing for chat under and after the movie. Other possible features include library access and more.

"The Dark Knight" will most likely be released on DVD and Blu-ray this November or December.

Wow. I've never heard of BD-Live until now and that sounds like it would be awesome! If any Blu-Ray "deserves" it, The Dark Knight is the one. Thanks The Mike for the update.

Back