What to do if you Missed out on the Joker Pre-order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizerwannabe

An Evil Collector?
Reaction score
I'm assuming a lot of people who missed out may be relatively new to the hobby and this is meant for them.

If you missed out, like it or love it, you will need to make ebay your friend, unless you can find a sympathetic boardie who bought extras. After the shipping glut of these, the ebay prices will probably be artificially high. It would be best to wait a month until they settle down. I'm guessing the prices will decline after the first few weeks and the movie fever has died down a bit. I would think 150.00-160.00 should be a good price. A lot of people bought extras on speculation. When their CC gets hit for the Tumbler, they may well be willing to sell at pretty close to original retail. If you don't have one by the time Joker V2 hits, consider buying 2. You may be able to trade one to someone who bought extras of V1.

The figure is definitely going to be popular, but don't get sucked into the crazy ebay prices that, while being short lived, will likely occur.

Disclaimer: Prices could skyrocket and stay there. I HIGHLY doubt it but they could.

was there a significant difference in version 2 from version 1?

This is probably gonna be the next Supes HT figure, AKA pricey and Hard to find. And seeing as how DK is gonna do better than Superman returns we'll have to see how hard to find it gets.

Thats why i bought one now for a little more than retail cause i remember the pain of trying to get a v1 of supes after it was sold out. I dunno if i'd want a v2 of joker right now, cause this one just looks too damn good. (and i don't have the patience) :)

I bet an even better V2 will come out, with a superior headsculpt, and paint job, with better accessories, and the V1 will drop in value.

There would have to be a reason for a V2 - there is no secret identity, no extreme make-up difference. I don't really see a 2nd version happening unless they can justify with a completely different look, ala Cannibal Jack.

Spoiler Spoiler:

got 2 on the way and plan on keeping one and giving one to my friend for Christmas. with Medicom and DC Direct making versions i doubt this one will be "super rare" except to Hot Toys fans.

They need to make a Bank Heist Joker with masked and unmasked head.

There would have to be a reason for a V2 - there is no secret identity, no extreme make-up difference. I don't really see a 2nd version happening unless they can justify with a completely different look, ala Cannibal Jack.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sure they can. They already know the demand outpaces the supply right now. All they need is an excuse to make one and they'll sell a ton. Those that have seen it know of 2 alternate looks at least.

You can take the coat off, and paint it your self.....and add weapons. Heck someone even had a link to a site where you can get the Sub Machine gun.

Well that's what I might do, since I have the original figure on pre-order. But that won't stop HT from releasing a superior version.

I think this version is just fine. The only thing that'll intrest me, would be Mrs. J with a Harvey Dent sticker, but other then that...I can live.

Plus Im repainting it anyway. How? Eh, not sure yet.

You can take the coat off, and paint it your self.....and add weapons. Heck someone even had a link to a site where you can get the Sub Machine gun.

They are backordered. The company that makes them is supposedly going to re-issue the set it was in now.

Ah...well there ya go. I'd rather get the gun that comes with the DC Direct Joker. Seeing is how he used that more then the Sub.

Back