Alan Wake @ TGS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alan Wake... my God, does anyone care anymore? It's been in development for what, 4 years or so? I reckon it'll suck giant monkey balls... :monkey1:whip

wow...just watched the trailer.....got a feeling this is gonna be worth the wait!!

after all they made max payne

There have been many games that have been in prolonged development hell, but that doesn't mean they turn out great. One example would be the recent and mediocre Too Human, whose developer is of a fairly high pedigree (Silicon Knights).

On the other side is Team Fortress 2, a game that has been in development for 9 years and turned out really well, fans love it.

My point is that you can never really tell if a long development cycle will equate to a quality game. All that we can count on now is the initial impression, and in that regard Alan Wake makes a big one.

I suspect Alan Wake will be a niche type game - loved by many, hated by many....What I can say: it will a European feel - which is a good thing to me - I love the different POVs!

Remedy has been pretty consistent - we'll see but no matter what, I will be getting/playing it. Just hope for a long, long adventure with lots of nuances!

Initial impression of new trailer: very nice - has a kind of Heavy Rain graphically flair - a good thing overall....I hope this comes out in 2009...!

Last edited:
Remedy has described this as an open world kinda of adventure; being a fan of psychological thriller/horror types games (and i am not sure AW falls under the latter at all), I would be thrilled with being able to explore most of the town and meet with various residents - I am hoping for a dense, and intriguing story myself....

Should be really good.....

Jezzus do I......It could be worse - Valve is not releasing HL 2 Ep III until 2010 now!!!! I mean, how many years per ep do they need on these things....?

Well, Valve, in the time between HL 2: Episode 2 and now have worked on Left 4 Dead and constant (and valuable) updates to Team Fortress 2, all the while creating new content for games like Portal. They just don't have the resources to work full steam on HL 2: Ep 3, Valve isn't a huge company.

Honestly, I hate it when people talk about game development time frames like they know anything about it (not saying that I'm completely in the know, but at least I read Gabe Newell's interview on HL2:EP3). I'd rather they take the time and give us something good.

Back