PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Commander!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Deeznutz6
07-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Did they mention anythign about the box art?

Khev
07-28-2008, 04:56 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x214/Sideshow_SuperFan/IMG_9651.jpg

I really like how shadows look on his mask and eyes in natural light.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x214/Sideshow_SuperFan/IMG_9335.jpg

Now that's some awesome prototype paint. I wonder what the odds are of getting eyebrows that look that good in production...

The Josh
07-28-2008, 04:58 PM
It shouldn't be too much of an issue. You see very little of either of them and SS is stepping up their game.

galactiboy
07-29-2008, 09:07 AM
I really hope that if that art isn't on the cover of the box, that its at least on the inside flap or something. That it waaaay to badass to just be used for conventions... honestly I'd be down for buying some high quality prints if they were available :rock

Khev
07-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeah at first I was thinkng they could have included the art as exclusive prints to display behind the characters (a la the AH! statues) but then realized they're much bigger than the boxes will allow. They *must* be available in some form, they're just too cool not to have. I like your idea of possibly making them availabe as separate purchases so they could stay the same size.

I can't believe a lot of you guys got to see these figures in person! They rest of us have to wait sooooo long....

The Josh
07-29-2008, 05:08 PM
I didn't ask because I just assumed it would be the box art.

customizerwannabe
07-29-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't care what the box looks like. It will be forgotten 10 minutes after the fig arrives.

DarthNeil
07-29-2008, 07:36 PM
I've got the Exc. on pre-order but I'm trying to move away from Exclusives and simply get the regular versions from my Canadian retailer to save $$$... How essential do you think the sword in the cane is?... It looks cool but I'm wavering on whether I should keep it or not...

customizerwannabe
07-29-2008, 07:48 PM
The regular doesn't include the cane at all. IMO it is the essential defining accessory for the fig.

The Craw
07-29-2008, 07:52 PM
yeah the cane is pretty kickass and worth it IMO. snake eyes' punch dagger thingy, however......meh not so much. that would be an easy pass.

galactiboy
07-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Pimp cane is a necessity!

DarkArtist81
07-29-2008, 08:04 PM

Yeah, the cane is a must... can't imagine owning the regular and not having it with him. Would be a very very missed accessory.

UTtoyfan
07-29-2008, 08:04 PM
I must agree with everyone else, the cane is a must!

The Mike
07-29-2008, 08:07 PM
This figure made the con for me. I love it more than the Zombies, more than the Comiquettes, more than the HT imports. The buck stops with CC.

Eli26
07-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Pimp cane is a necessity for taking Galictiboy's eyes out! :rock

Hi Gal! :wave

The Boot
07-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Pimp cane is a necessity for taking Galictiboy's eyes out! :rock

yeah the cane is pretty kickass and worth it IMO.

The regular doesn't include the cane at all. IMO it is the essential defining accessory for the fig.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/the_boot/dol7.jpg

Aaall you crackas must be insane...always wantin' that pimp cane!

EVILFACE
07-29-2008, 09:10 PM
I've got the Exc. on pre-order but I'm trying to move away from Exclusives and simply get the regular versions from my Canadian retailer to save $$$... How essential do you think the sword in the cane is?... It looks cool but I'm wavering on whether I should keep it or not...

When you see members pics with the cane, you are gonna wish you kept it.

tomandshell
07-29-2008, 09:12 PM
You're going to want that cane.

galactiboy
07-30-2008, 09:32 AM
All signs point to pimp cane!!!

Anyway, I always think of CC holding a Cane over his head as he's leading the charge :rock And its got a frickin' hidden sword in the thing... that way as he's pimpin' if anyone gives him lip, he can cut 'em up :rock

Cocoboloboy
07-30-2008, 10:18 AM
CC's cane and knife, the coolest EX pieces ever.

IrishJedi
07-30-2008, 10:20 AM
I am going to display him holding the cane up high, but without the ghey trenchcoat. That will be Cobra Commander to me.

Cocoboloboy
07-30-2008, 10:22 AM
What, no trencher!? Am I the only one that thinks the coat looks awesome?

IrishJedi
07-30-2008, 10:52 AM
The trenchcoat is cool and all, but it's just not RAH Cobra Commander to me. It's that Tim Bradstreet/Devil's Due stuff, which I don't really care for personally. I would have much-preferred a removeable cape. I just hope this isn't an indication of how far away from the core RAH designs that SSC wants to go. Snake Eyes turned out perfectly. Coat aside, I'm in love with the Commander. But I now have some concerns.

If they do Storm Shadow with the white trenchcoat, emo hair and shades I will kill someone.

Vader AL
07-30-2008, 10:55 AM
The trenchcoat is cool and all, but it's just not RAH Cobra Commander to me. It's that Tim Bradstreet/Devil's Due stuff, which I don't really care for personally. I would have much-preferred a removeable cape. I just hope this isn't an indication of how far away from the core RAH designs that SSC wants to go. Snake Eyes turned out perfectly. Coat aside, I'm in love with the Commander. But I now have some concerns.

If they do Storm Shadow with the white trenchcoat, emo hair and shades I will kill someone.

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

that will tick a lot people off so surely they won't.....hopefully they won't.

Cocoboloboy
07-30-2008, 10:57 AM
I see. I agree about sticking close to the RAH designs but I really like the look of that coat right now. And if they do that to Storm Shadow I won't be getting him.

IrishJedi
07-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Well, the cool thing about the Commander's coat is that it's removeable so everyone gets the choice to display with or without. And without the trenchcoat he looks very much like the classic RAH Cobra Commander. So as soon as I get him, that's coming off (or if it ships with the trenchcoat off, it'll never go on). And a cape would be pretty easy to customize as well.

I still hope they intend to make a Battle Cobra Commander with his mirror-visored helmet and lighter blue fatigues at some point.

ProgMatinee
07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Don't worry about whether it will match RAH or not. The line won't last long enough to get more than 3 or 4 figures anyway.

galactiboy
07-30-2008, 11:23 AM
And a cape would be pretty easy to customize as well.

Hey, I gots an idea... lets see if Captain Faramir can make us one :lol

I actually like the trenchcoat... its a cool look. And like Irish has said w/o it you still have a more RAH look. I think its inclusion is a win-win.

King Darkness
07-30-2008, 11:27 AM

BURN!!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

galactiboy
07-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Couldn't resist :monkey3

creature4000
07-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Don't worry about whether it will match RAH or not. The line won't last long enough to get more than 3 or 4 figures anyway.

You think So?

tomandshell
07-30-2008, 01:14 PM
That depends upon sales and cancellations.

galactiboy
07-30-2008, 02:42 PM
I really doubt this line will fold after a few figures... anything is possible. But high quality Joes have been a want for a long time. And the GI Joe fans are a pretty loyal bunch.

The Craw
07-30-2008, 02:51 PM
you made the monkeys cry with that one.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

ProgMatinee
07-30-2008, 02:51 PM
You think So?

That depends upon sales and cancellations.

I think it depends on what SSC puts into the line. If they do SE and CC then take 6 months to deliver them to people's hands and/or 6 months to offer another figure its going to lead to cancellations.

I'm sure there are people treating this line the way tomandshell is treating the LOTR line. "wait and see".

If SSC doesn't deliver timely on orders and offer hope via new orders how can they expect people to stay vested in the line emotionally and economically?

If I remember correctly with LOTR from the first figure Aragorn it took a long time for delivery and even the next preorder. IMO they practically gave it a fatal blow on day 1.

The Josh
07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I like the coat and prefer this version of CC. He looks quite badass imo.

I hope GG goes on for a long time. From what they showed at SDCC I expect it too.

customizerwannabe
07-30-2008, 03:36 PM

I actually like the trenchcoat... its a cool look. And like Irish has said w/o it you still have a more RAH look. I think its inclusion is a win-win.

Captain Who???????:rolleyes::lol

OK SITHLORD
07-30-2008, 03:36 PM
I like the coat and prefer this version of CC. He looks quite badass imo.

I hope GG goes on for a long time. From what they showed at SDCC I expect it too.

YEAH, you would think that all the effort, and bad assness, there's no way this line will end after a handful!! I see this line going along ways!!IMO.

EVILFACE
07-30-2008, 07:48 PM
I think it depends on what SSC puts into the line. If they do SE and CC then take 6 months to deliver them to people's hands and/or 6 months to offer another figure its going to lead to cancellations.

I'm sure there are people treating this line the way tomandshell is treating the LOTR line. "wait and see".

If SSC doesn't deliver timely on orders and offer hope via new orders how can they expect people to stay vested in the line emotionally and economically?

If I remember correctly with LOTR from the first figure Aragorn it took a long time for delivery and even the next preorder. IMO they practically gave it a fatal blow on day 1.

Most of their lines take 6 months to get in hand. The only line I think that was affected by the time it took to get in hand was 1/6th Terminators. It took almost a full year from order to delivery. That year gave several people time to cancel for other items or interests.

I don't think that will happen with GIJoe, there are just too many RAH and 12" fans.

Deeznutz6
07-30-2008, 07:56 PM
SS needs to learn from the mistakes they made with the LOTR line and this line will do tremedous, keep interest going, give us info once in a while, show what your working on.
Not once a year show a few figs at a convention and expect all the fans to come running back. Before SDCC the SW line was moving at a turtles pace, and interest was waning.

Skiman
07-30-2008, 08:41 PM

I will be very disappointed!!! No good to me bro, please bring out a normal ole school STORM SHADOW!

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Bardoon
07-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I think Sideshow will do a faceplate Cobra Commander in the near future that perhaps will be more reminescent of the Real American Hero figure.

That one could very well come with a cape and look more like the figure we know and love.

Obviously Sideshow is injecting some realism into these designs...I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Buttmunch
07-30-2008, 09:36 PM
I think Sideshow will do a faceplate Cobra Commander in the near future that perhaps will be more reminescent of the Real American Hero figure.

That one could very well come with a cape and look more like the figure we know and love.

Obviously Sideshow is injecting some realism into these designs...I have no problem with it whatsoever.

I think that look would work well with a sort of African Military Warlord type of look. Military uniform, but blue of course, with all of those medals and shoulder pad thingies. Would still be similar to the original RAH looks, but also somewhat realistic as well.

EVILFACE
07-30-2008, 09:38 PM
The Nazi-ish style of the original figures look far better than any African Army Warlord look.

Buttmunch
07-30-2008, 10:23 PM
The Nazi-ish style of the original figures look far better than any African Army Warlord look.

I kind of feel this figure has a Nazi feel to him with the black trenchcoat and all. Either way, I'd be happy with another Cobra Commander.

IrishJedi
07-31-2008, 06:03 AM
I think that look would work well with a sort of African Military Warlord type of look. Military uniform, but blue of course, with all of those medals and shoulder pad thingies. Would still be similar to the original RAH looks, but also somewhat realistic as well.

:google They had better not go that insane with the "realistic" stuff.

Afterall, it starts to defeat the purpose. Just make a line of modern military figures like Hot Toys if that's all you're into. Let G.I. JOE be G.I. JOE, particularly since you're touting it as "Real American Hero".

ProgMatinee
07-31-2008, 06:06 AM
They definately should not change the concept of the character. Thats a big no no. They just need to make sure they have accessories and stuff to turn a bland RAH costume into something more, but no concept changes.

DarthNeil
07-31-2008, 06:12 AM

And a Cobra-La snake face.:rolleyes:

I think keeping the Cobra Commander Exc. is a must. I cancelled my Exc. Snake-Eyes (didn't see me ever posing him with his punch knives) and now just have the regular on order from my Canadian supplier, but the pimp cane will definitely be used with the evil leader... Thanks for the input guys-- I was heavily leaning towards that way anyway.:D Just wanted that helpful assurance.

galactiboy
07-31-2008, 06:19 AM
That is what us freaks are here for!

Skiman
07-31-2008, 11:14 AM
And a Cobra-La snake face.:rolleyes:

I think keeping the Cobra Commander Exc. is a must. I cancelled my Exc. Snake-Eyes (didn't see me ever posing him with his punch knives) and now just have the regular on order from my Canadian supplier, but the pimp cane will definitely be used with the evil leader... Thanks for the input guys-- I was heavily leaning towards that way anyway.:D Just wanted that helpful assurance.

Yes another Snake is released into the wild.... Com'onnnnnnn SNAKE EYES!!!!

Khev
07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
I cancelled my Exc. Snake-Eyes (didn't see me ever posing him with his punch knives)

I don't see myself posing him with the punch dagger in hand too often either. That being said in a recent video SS mentioned that there a strings on the separated blade and sheath for wrapping it around his ankle. That I probably *will* display, one more pointy thing to hurt people with on his person is definitely a plus in my book. :)

Cryoguns
07-31-2008, 03:46 PM
:google They had better not go that insane with the "realistic" stuff.

Afterall, it starts to defeat the purpose. Just make a line of modern military figures like Hot Toys if that's all you're into. Let G.I. JOE be G.I. JOE, particularly since you're touting it as "Real American Hero".

Yes, I want my accurate 1/6th 1986 B.A.T.s! :monkey5

creature4000
07-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Yes, I want my accurate 1/6th 1986 B.A.T.s! :monkey5

Yeah... I hope they make B.A.T.s... I'd seriously buy 4 of those ^^^^ers!!! :rock

Cryoguns
07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah... I hope they make B.A.T.s... I'd seriously buy 4 of those ^^^^ers!!! :rock

I'd get at least 2 of them...always loved the design of the original!

hairlesswookiee
07-31-2008, 10:26 PM
had to cancel my exclusive today...as well as my exclusive snake eyes.
~~sorry guys, maybe later i'll pick up Cobra Commander....but i finally got my hands on one of my grails so these as well as a couple other orders had to get cut.

Eli26
07-31-2008, 11:08 PM
~~sorry guys, maybe later i'll pick up Cobra Commander....but i finally got my hands on one of my grails so these as well as a couple other orders had to get cut.

What was the grail?

Buttmunch
07-31-2008, 11:36 PM

You broke one of the oldest and most sacred rules of the pre-order. NEVER, and I mean NEVER cancel anything until you absolutely have to (ie 15 day notice time). You can NEVER accurately predict the future. It is best to order now and have to cancel later than not order (or cancel the order) and not be able to get the item when you do indeed have the money. I made a very poor choice once, as you did here.

EVILFACE
07-31-2008, 11:47 PM
You broke one of the oldest and most sacred rules of the pre-order. NEVER, and I mean NEVER cancel anything until you absolutely have to (ie 15 day notice time). You can NEVER accurately predict the future. It is best to order now and have to cancel later than not order (or cancel the order) and not be able to get the item when you do indeed have the money. I mad a very poor choice.

Yup.

We'll let you off this time with a warning.

And you will kick yourself when Snake Eyes is worth elevenbillionty dollars next year.

Eli26
07-31-2008, 11:50 PM
No way I am canceling Cobra Commander. :)

creature4000
08-01-2008, 05:55 AM
I'd cancel SE well before CC... in fact I'm thinking of only collection Cobra!!!

(but who am i kidding ;) )

Skiman
08-01-2008, 05:59 AM

Yes another Snake Eyes closer to be converted... GIMME!!!!!!!

Khev
08-01-2008, 06:01 AM
You broke one of the oldest and most sacred rules of the pre-order. NEVER, and I mean NEVER cancel anything until you absolutely have to (ie 15 day notice time). You can NEVER accurately predict the future. It is best to order now and have to cancel later than not order (or cancel the order) and not be able to get the item when you do indeed have the money. I made a very poor choice once, as you did here.

Yep. CC doesn't ship until Q2 2009. You might not have to pay for this until *June* of next year. An incredible amount of time to come up with $100 for a purchase. I'd put yourself back on the wait list immediately if I were you.

galactiboy
08-01-2008, 06:16 AM
I agree... unless you'll be paying off your grail for the next 8 months you'd probably be able to swing CC.

customizerwannabe
08-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Yes another Snake Eyes closer to be converted... GIMME!!!!!!!

Wouldn't worry about the Snake Eyes Exclusive. The exclusive kinda sucks and is no big deal. The Cobra Commander exclusive is a must though. Don't miss that one.

Eli26
08-01-2008, 10:57 AM
I'd cancel SE well before CC... in fact I'm thinking of only collection Cobra!!!

(but who am i kidding ;) )

I am only collecting Cobra. I always was more of a Cobra than Joe fan.

Eli26
08-01-2008, 10:59 AM

I WANT B.A.T.S!!!

Skiman
08-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I WANT B.A.T.S!!!

Bring ur butt to the Vader thread, thats where everyone is at!!! LOL :emperor

MrE
08-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I would never cancel my CC, you would have to have a gun to my head.

If it was to my Mrs head I still would'nt cancel though.

teemu
08-01-2008, 08:51 PM
I would never cancel my CC, you would have to have a gun to my head.

If it was to my Mrs head I still would'nt cancel though.

now thats just sad

MrE
08-02-2008, 03:48 PM
now thats just sad

You havent met my Mrs

:lol:lol:lol

JustinLuck
08-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Since they had to go the sculpted cloth mask route, it would have been cool if they had provided an alternate head sculpt. Are there any drawings of CC without his mask?

Cryoguns
08-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Yes, actually..I think Devil's Due had some pics of a young Cobra Commander sans mask as part of their Snake-Eyes: Classified mini.

The original Hasbro run also had a later issue that showed Snake-Eyes unmasked, but it was kind of a dissapointment. Didn't really look like much of a bad burn victim as just a facial disfigurement by scar.

Darth Cruel
08-02-2008, 11:06 PM
I seem to remember a comic with Snake-Eyes unmasked without any injuries and he was like the standard blonde-haired, blue-eyed scandanavian type.

Ring any bells for anyone?

EVILFACE
08-03-2008, 01:52 AM
We don't need a unmasked Cobra Commander.

Especially none of that Devils Due Fan Fiction stuff!!!

Cryoguns
08-03-2008, 01:56 AM
I seem to remember a comic with Snake-Eyes unmasked without any injuries and he was like the standard blonde-haired, blue-eyed scandanavian type.

Ring any bells for anyone?

Yes, but Snake-Eyes was also referenced many times in the original Marvel series as wearing a rubber mask out in public. He later had his face reconstructed and destroyed at least twice more between the Marvel and Devil's Due comics. I know when DD picked up the GI Joe license, Snakes had a reconstructed face at that time.

galactiboy
08-03-2008, 03:15 PM
No need for an unmasked sculpt of either... especially when these look so awesome as is.

Eli26
08-03-2008, 11:17 PM
No need for an unmasked sculpt of either... especially when these look so awesome as is.

Honestly nobody knows what Cobra Commander looks under the mask. I rather not know, much like not being able to see Dr. Claw's true identity in Inspector Gadget. The G.I.JOE 80's cartoon doesn't count. While entertaining, it was not CC.. I mean throw his hood you clearly can see human eyes and skin, yet in the movie he was clearly a lizard-snake man.

Khev
08-04-2008, 05:04 AM
in the movie he was clearly a lizard-snake man.

...who wore contact lenses and flesh colored make-up under his hood. :)

Cocoboloboy
08-04-2008, 06:21 AM
:rock :drool :rock
The wait is soooo long. One of the worse things about it is that we won't be getting another Joe in hand til way past CC ships.:monkey2

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x214/Sideshow_SuperFan/IMG_9651.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x214/Sideshow_SuperFan/IMG_9652.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x214/Sideshow_SuperFan/IMG_9328.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x214/Sideshow_SuperFan/IMG_9329.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x214/Sideshow_SuperFan/IMG_9335.jpg

Skiman
08-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Honestly nobody knows what Cobra Commander looks under the mask. I rather not know, much like not being able to see Dr. Claw's true identity in Inspector Gadget. The G.I.JOE 80's cartoon doesn't count. While entertaining, it was not CC.. I mean throw his hood you clearly can see human eyes and skin, yet in the movie he was clearly a lizard-snake man.

Didn't the Cobra-La or some ^^^^^ put some kind of gas or potion on him, or was it that he originated from the Cobra-La, I've gotta re-watch this movie again LOL...

*digging through my DVD collection

hairlesswookiee
08-04-2008, 08:04 AM
What was the grail?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/hairlesswookiee/Nerdroom/DarthMaul.jpg

will post more pics once he arrives....

EVILFACE
08-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I would have kept CC an SE . . .

Cryoguns
08-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Didn't the Cobra-La or some ^^^^^ put some kind of gas or potion on him, or was it that he originated from the Cobra-La, I've gotta re-watch this movie again LOL...

*digging through my DVD collection

I think so, but it's been awhile since I watch it as well. Seems to me like they sprayed him with some spores and then he regressed into a snake ovr the next few days. I always did think that was a rather poor downfall for the character cartoon-wise.

Skiman
08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I think so, but it's been awhile since I watch it as well. Seems to me like they sprayed him with some spores and then he regressed into a snake ovr the next few days. I always did think that was a rather poor downfall for the character cartoon-wise.

Thats right it was the spores thingy LOL, I was really disappointed in the outcome of the Commander as well, I mean watching almost all the cartoon episodes and all of sudden in this movie he gets kicked to the side so easily by this space ^^^^ cobra-la crap... I was not a fan..... annnnnd i think right after this turning point if when hasblow produced all this space age stuff with neon glowing figures...

Khev
08-04-2008, 11:52 AM
The movie revealed that Cobra Commander had been a "nobleman" of Cobra-La all along. He was never human. He originally was bald with white skin then in a lab accident got a faceful of spores that mutated his face. That's why he wore masks as Cobra Commander.

Then in the movie he was deemed unfit for leadership and found guilty of his numerous failures against GI Joe and was exposed to the concentrated spores that were supposed to infect the entire earth. It was *those* spores that turned him into a snake.

Buttmunch
08-04-2008, 11:55 AM

Sorry Eli,

http://progressiveboink.com/archive/drclaw.html

EVILFACE
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Yea, but no one bought those ^^^^ty Inspector Gadget figures anyway and I'm sure the makers took their own liberty with what Claw would look like.

Darth Cruel
08-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Thats right it was the spores thingy LOL, I was really disappointed in the outcome of the Commander as well, I mean watching almost all the cartoon episodes and all of sudden in this movie he gets kicked to the side so easily by this space ^^^^ cobra-la crap... I was not a fan..... annnnnd i think right after this turning point if when hasblow produced all this space age stuff with neon glowing figures...

I hated that neon stuff.

Buttmunch
08-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Yea, but no one bought those ^^^^ty Inspector Gadget figures anyway and I'm sure the makers took their own liberty with what Claw would look like.

I bought it :o

The Craw
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM
im thinking of changing my name to "Dr. Craw". what do you think?

Customikey
08-05-2008, 07:02 AM
im thinking of changing my name to "Dr. Craw". what do you think?

Solly, Dr. Craw! No time fol ruv!

Eli26
08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
The movie revealed that Cobra Commander had been a "nobleman" of Cobra-La all along. He was never human. He originally was bald with white skin then in a lab accident got a faceful of spores that mutated his face. That's why he wore masks as Cobra Commander.

Then in the movie he was deemed unfit for leadership and found guilty of his numerous failures against GI Joe and was exposed to the concentrated spores that were supposed to infect the entire earth. It was *those* spores that turned him into a snake.

I know that....*rolls eyes at Khev* I own the movie after all. I also watched every G.I.Joe episode and had so many figures. I think I may have had more G.I.Joe toys than Transformers growing up. Yet, my first love will always be Transformers. G.I.Joes are close to my heart.

As for you Buttmunch, you suck.

And sure Craw, become Dr. Claw. Just remember a little girl kept out smarting you. Dumb Inspector Gadget, always took the credit. I would be pissed off if I was her. :D

The Craw
08-05-2008, 11:55 AM
And sure Craw, become Dr. Claw. Just remember a little girl kept out smarting you. Dumb Inspector Gadget, always took the credit. I would be pissed off if I was her. :Dno no not Dr. Claw. Dr. Craw.

Eli26
08-05-2008, 12:24 PM
no no not Dr. Claw. Dr. Craw.

Oh sorry, Ms. Craw. Gotcha.

Darth Waller
08-05-2008, 06:11 PM
How about Robster Craw?

jnmx2000
08-05-2008, 07:20 PM
the only thing that sucks about this, is that you KNOW ss will do a silver helmet version of him, he better have a new uniform with the new mask, I don't want to drop another 100 bucks just for a new head.... ugh lol

EVILFACE
08-05-2008, 08:12 PM
the only thing that sucks about this, is that you KNOW ss will do a silver helmet version of him, he better have a new uniform with the new mask, I don't want to drop another 100 bucks just for a new head.... ugh lol

That would not suck, it would rock!

Khev
08-05-2008, 09:51 PM
As cool as the SSC CC is I do think its a bummer they didn't give us a straight translation of the classic style. Look how cool the Palisades statue turned out without them having to update the design:

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/statuary/ccstatue/front.jpg

Malice
08-05-2008, 09:53 PM
go cobra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring on destro

The Craw
08-05-2008, 09:54 PM
As cool as the SSC CC is I do think its a bummer they didn't give us a straight translation of the classic style. Look how cool the Palisades statue turned out without them having to update the design:

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/statuary/ccstatue/front.jpghopefully if SS does a face shield version it more closely resembles this.

Skiman
08-05-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm still very please with SS's version, who else would get into this much detail in the first place on one of my child hood memories!!!

galactiboy
08-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Yeah, a classic design will always be more badass, but I still think the new figure retains the same sense of style, but with some modern elements thrown in.

Grange Wallis
08-12-2008, 04:33 AM
Just Cancelled my Cobra Commander Ex... I hope one of you guys get it! :D

Malice
08-12-2008, 04:35 AM
Just Cancelled my Cobra Commander Ex... I hope one of you guys get it! :D

noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :horror why brother? it's cobra commander....

wofford29
08-12-2008, 04:37 AM

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/statuary/ccstatue/front.jpg

I love this statue. It was one of my favorite in my collection. Sculpted by Andy Bergholtz.

Grange Wallis
08-12-2008, 04:40 AM
I've never been in to G.I.Joe and just ordered them because they looked cool. I'd was hard to do. But I'm restructuring my collection and will have to stop collecting next year and I'm planning on going back to school for the next 3 years... I've been think about it or a while and think it's the right thing to do in the long run...

Malice
08-12-2008, 04:49 AM
I've never been in to G.I.Joe and just ordered them because they looked cool. I'd was hard to do. But I'm restructuring my collection and will have to stop collecting next year and I'm planning on going back to school for the next 3 years... I've been think about it or a while and think it's the right thing to do in the long run...

man, good luck in your future schooling:banana i wish i could go back to school and finish up. you know when you're done with your school and get that good job you could aways buy what you missed out on.

GOOD LUCK MAN...........:bunnydanc

creature4000
08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't blame you... I did the same thing for the Hell boy PF.. ordered cause it was cool.. but cancelled cause I'm not all that into HB.

SpawnFan
08-12-2008, 04:41 PM

Yeah true that! Once I saw the regular didn't have a cane at all the choice of which one was pretty easy to me.

Ackbar
08-12-2008, 06:25 PM
The cane is a must. I'm going to ditch the trench coat & have him pumping the cane! COOOBRAAA!!

Khev
08-13-2008, 11:17 AM
The cane is a must. I'm going to ditch the trench coat & have him pumping the cane! COOOBRAAA!!

Yep. I just watched the MASS Device miniseries in the new DVD pack that came out and 1983 CC is sporting the exact same cane on the show! He throws the cane at Destro at one point and bounces it off the back of his head. Destro turns around, grabs the serpent on top of the cane, and crushes it with his bare hand. :lol

Serpent cane is a must!

galactiboy
08-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Serpent Cane is definitely one of the cooler exclusives Sideshow has put out. Just behind severed body parts :rock

King Darkness
08-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Its a definite essential part of the character. One of the few "must have" exclusives.

Eli26
08-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Are we still on the serpent cane being a must? That's a tired topic. Of course it's needed for this piece!

btw I ain't canceling my Cobra Commander exclusive. It's the best figure SideShow has ever done IMO. :)

Darth Vader is a close second.

bagelsncheesey
08-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Are we still on the serpent cane being a must? That's a tired topic. Of course it's needed for this piece!

btw I ain't canceling my Cobra Commander exclusive. It's the best figure SideShow has ever done IMO. :)

You should see them both in person. Definitely the best 1/6 produced yet from Sideshow... and Snake Eyes too.

Eli26
08-13-2008, 01:31 PM
You should see them both in person. Definitely the best 1/6 produced yet from Sideshow... and Snake Eyes too.

Next year I'll make it out to the con, so I can see all of these kick ass collectibles and meet all my favorite Freaks in person, and see my follicle challenged Guinness bro, BAGELS!!! btw You and the misses look like a cute and cool couple. Would have loved to meet you guys at this past year's Con.

galactiboy
08-13-2008, 03:57 PM

STFU Eli :wave

Eli26
08-13-2008, 04:21 PM
STFU Eli :wave

No you STFU gal! You STFU. :wave

Blackthornone
08-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Please Sideshow, make a separate serpent cane to buy!!! It's too essential a part of the character to leave out. It's like leaving out the Penguin's umbrella.

Buttmunch
08-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Please Sideshow, make a separate serpent cane to buy!!! It's too essential a part of the character to leave out. It's like leaving out the Penguin's umbrella.

Not happening. Its the exclusive and will never be released with another figure or seperately. Its now or never.

Darth Cruel
08-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Not happening. Its the exclusive and will never be released with another figure or seperately. Its now or never.

So quoteth the Sideshowians!

The Craw
08-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Not happening. Its the exclusive and will never be released with another figure or seperately. Its now or never.just like when sideshow never released legolas's exclusive arrow stabbing hand as old ben's "thinking" hand.

EVILFACE
08-16-2008, 12:56 AM
just like when sideshow never released legolas's exclusive arrow stabbing hand as old ben's "thinking" hand.

It was tweaked though. . .

The Craw
08-16-2008, 12:58 AM
It was tweaked though. . .well maybe they'll "tweak" the cane.

Eli26
08-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Craw, come to Manitoba so we can hang!

Also bring over your collectibles with you. They will like me more.

Buttmunch
08-16-2008, 11:30 AM
well maybe they'll "tweak" the cane.

If it is different sculpt wise at all, then yes, they can. I too was upset at the old Ben hand, but it indeed just slightly different.

Cryoguns
08-16-2008, 01:54 PM
I dunno...I like having a worthwhile exclusive though :) I'd have been dissapointed if the exclusive was just some cheesy little dagger.

Oh, wait...

Anyway, those who don't have one preordered still have plenty of time to get on the waitlist and good shot at getting one of these still.

Darth Cruel
08-16-2008, 06:39 PM
I dunno...I like having a worthwhile exclusive though :) I'd have been dissapointed if the exclusive was just some cheesy little dagger.

Oh, wait...

Anyway, those who don't have one preordered still have plenty of time to get on the waitlist and good shot at getting one of these still.

This reminds me. I meant to ask before but I keep forgetting. I thought Sideshow at first said that the dagger was the exclusive piece. Was that a mistake, or was it changed?

Cryoguns
08-16-2008, 07:19 PM
This reminds me. I meant to ask before but I keep forgetting. I thought Sideshow at first said that the dagger was the exclusive piece. Was that a mistake, or was it changed?

Snake-Eyes comes with an exclusive punching dagger and fist. That may be what they were referring to.

Buttmunch
08-16-2008, 08:16 PM
The original artwork said his pistol was going to be the exclusive. Obviously they changed their minds.

Skiman
08-16-2008, 09:04 PM
The original artwork said his pistol was going to be the exclusive. Obviously they changed their minds.

Hmm, interesting!

Blackthornone
08-16-2008, 10:35 PM

That is what they SHOULD have done. They should have made an extra, special pistol for that figure. I think people would have been the most happy with that. The exclusive buyers would get a unique little pistol, something he only used a few times, but not some iconic prop like his serpent staff. The exclusive doesn't cost any more, yet it comes with more stuff, so people will always prefer to buy it.

Darth Cruel
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM

Yeah! That's it! The vintage style pistol was mentioned in that artwork to be the exclusive item!

creature4000
08-17-2008, 07:36 AM
I have no problem with the exclusive being the cane.

Cryoguns
08-17-2008, 08:59 AM
I have no problem with the exclusive being the cane.

Ditto. It's not critical to have, but it's a really nice 'additional' accessory. I don't consider it crucial to the character - can't recall many occasions of him being seen with one.

Ns_Boogie
08-25-2008, 01:14 PM
I think that SS is gojng to to big things with this line and I Like both the 1:6 that have come out. I cant wait til the next one comes out i want all Ex that they make they wil be a grat edition to my 3 3/4 figures

Malice
08-25-2008, 01:22 PM
COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli26
08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
COBRALALALALALALALALALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needed some Serpentor love there.

Malice
08-25-2008, 01:31 PM
COBRALALALALALALALALALA!!!!!!!!!!!

Needed some Serpentor love there.

:lecture.................................:D

oh what the hell, LALALALALALALALALALALALA-
LALALALAL!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Cruel
08-27-2008, 01:37 PM
I'll be stoked if they do the Cobra Trooper with a "buy as many as you can choke on" limit like SS did with the Stormtroopers! I want like 6 of them to display behind Cobra Commander and 4 more to get killed by Snake Eyes.

Edit - Wow...that was my 1500th post. Not real prophetic, was it.

DPrime
08-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm not really digging the Cobra Commander, too much of a departure from the original look imo. They've said they're doing a helmeted version later on, did they not? If that's the case maybe it will be more like the original design, and I'll get that one.

Ns_Boogie
08-29-2008, 04:15 PM
I want SS to make this line a great one, one thats lasts and continues to pick up with the great figures that are yet to come. HASBRO TEAMING UP SS WAS A GREAT MOVE....
I am itching for the next one to come already I want them ALLLLLLLL.....

Bustajesse
08-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Can't wait for these.

furystorm
08-29-2008, 11:02 PM
If I missed out on preordering these first two SS Exclusive figures in the line, would any of you have suggestions on where to obtain them from. I did add my name to the waitlist for both at SS, and I know they are exclusives, and I have found one of each on ebay, but wouldn't...

Any ideas?

Ancient Astronaut
08-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Was hoping to get this version but oh well.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj204/dracon45/cobra_commander.jpg

Skiman
08-29-2008, 11:07 PM
If I missed out on preordering these first two SS Exclusive figures in the line, would any of you have suggestions on where to obtain them from. I did add my name to the waitlist for both at SS, and I know they are exclusives, and I have found one of each on ebay, but wouldn't...

Any ideas?

Are u talkn about Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes Exclusives, aren't the regular ones still going for sale on SS's website?

Skiman
08-29-2008, 11:07 PM

I think there's still hope, I want to b this version for Halloween LOL!

furystorm
08-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Are u talkn about Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes Exclusives, aren't the regular ones still going for sale on SS's website?

Yeah, the regular ones are still available, and for less from other dealers as usual. But I figured if I was going to jump into a new line, I might as well go balls out and get the exclusives. I'm on the waitlist for them, but I figure I will have to shell out to the scalpers once they start shipping. Unless I get lucky with the waitlist or someone on the board wants to make me a happy camper.

:D

EVILFACE
08-30-2008, 12:06 AM

Didnt we all.

Mesa
08-30-2008, 12:38 AM
I think there's still hope, I want to b this version for Halloween LOL!

I wish I got a pic of the dude standing behind me in line at SDCC at hasbro booth. He had this costume, dead on. it was the first day and I forgot to take pics at any/everything.

furystorm
08-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Sorry about multiple posts on this subject, but I am just excited to be entering a new line at the beginning, even though I have missed out on the first two exclusive preorders.

I was wondering, when did these two go up for sale? I'm sure I can remember reading about it in the newsletter and staying away for the sake of finances. Were these two handled like the Darth Vader and Stormtrooper exlusives? With PPO and quick sell out?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Began reading the first posts on this thread and now I realize at least Cobra Commander was a Comic Con release. I'm really mad at myself for not ordering him then and there when I first saw him.

Skiman
08-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Sorry about multiple posts on this subject, but I am just excited to be entering a new line at the beginning, even though I have missed out on the first two exclusive preorders.

I was wondering, when did these two go up for sale? I'm sure I can remember reading about it in the newsletter and staying away for the sake of finances. Were these two handled like the Darth Vader and Stormtrooper exlusives? With PPO and quick sell out?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Began reading the first posts on this thread and now I realize at least Cobra Commander was a Comic Con release. I'm really mad at myself for not ordering him then and there when I first saw him.

He went up for sale on the weekend of the Comic Con to the non-attendees, I think either that Thursday evening or Friday around 10:00 a..m, it wasn't announced, they just told you that they were releasing on the web randomly Comic Con pieces, he quickly sold out... The week after that I think Darth and the Storm Trooper went on August 1st!

furystorm
08-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Decided to just get the regular version of Snake Eyes and shoot for the exclusive version of Cobra Commander. I can live without the extra blade for Snake Eyes, but I would really like the staff that the Commander comes with.

Malice
08-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Decided to just get the regular version of Snake Eyes and shoot for the exclusive version of Cobra Commander. I can live without the extra blade for Snake Eyes, but I would really like the staff that the Commander comes with.

good luck mate on your search!:D

Skiman
08-30-2008, 08:27 PM
I thought it was the punch dagger...

Malice
08-30-2008, 08:29 PM
I thought it was the punch dagger...

yes it's snakes's eyes exclusive

The Mike
08-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Yup. Punch Dagger for Snake Eyes, Pimp Cane for Cobra Commander

furystorm
08-30-2008, 09:02 PM
New to all this weaponry, and in my haste I wrote blade, but meant punch dagger, mostly because I could not remember exactly what it was called at the time.

Thanks...

The Craw
08-30-2008, 11:28 PM
hey furystorm. get on those waitlists. im sure there will be plenty of cancellations when they start to ship. they are pretty expensive figures, so id say your odds are pretty good.

Darth Cruel
08-30-2008, 11:34 PM
It is true. Waitlists are your friends. They are successful very frequently.

furystorm
08-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the encouragement. I am on the waitlist for both exclusives, but only really want the Cobra Commander as the exclusive. Regular Snake Eyes is alright with me. I've been reading this long thread and was happy to find information pertaining to the number of figures SS intends to drop, that being about one figure per quarter. That fits perfectly with my tight collecting budget, I must say.

And I can't wait to see what the next release will be. Won't miss the preorder on Joes any more!

Ish
09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
this i awsome if the final product lokks like the proto, this line is gonna be sick! that snake eyes belongs here with me.

furystorm
09-02-2008, 12:38 PM
In my excitement waiting for this line to become a reality, as well as waiting for my exclusive wait lists to convert, I was wondering:

What would everybody like to see as the next offering in the line? If SS sticks to the once a quarter timeline, we might see another preorder within the next two months. But I doubt it.

Personally, my wish would be Storm Shadow!

Edit: Just found the thread pertaining to what's on everybody's minds for the next figure. But I would still love to see your comments here too.

Skiman
09-02-2008, 12:46 PM
In my excitement waiting for this line to become a reality, as well as waiting for my exclusive wait lists to convert, I was wondering:

What would everybody like to see as the next offering in the line? If SS sticks to the once a quarter timeline, we might see another preorder within the next two months. But I doubt it.

Oh yes, he would be nice, I thought I saw Firefly as the next guy in line, I'm not sure but I saw a pic with him holding Snake Eyes from behind, I could be wrong though...

Firefly would also be pimp!!!

Darth Cruel
09-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I want the Cobra Troopers. I want to be able to pose Snake Eyes cutting a swath through them to get to Cobra Commander.

Then Stormshadow right after that.

Cryoguns
09-02-2008, 05:45 PM

A 1/6th scale 1986 B.A.T.s!!! :D

But that's not likely to happen soon. I'd either like a generic Cobra trooper, Shipwreck, Roadblock, or Stalker.

Malice
09-02-2008, 05:51 PM
cobra-lalalalalalalalaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dude
09-03-2008, 12:03 AM
i just cant wait for storm shadow and many others.

The Dude
09-03-2008, 12:04 AM
storm shadow would be great. him and destro

creature4000
09-03-2008, 05:08 AM
Oh yes, he would be nice, I thought I saw Firefly as the next guy in line, I'm not sure but I saw a pic with him holding Snake Eyes from behind, I could be wrong though...

Firefly would also be pimp!!!

:lol that was Kevs (or somebody's sig) :rotfl

Firefly is one of my most wanted.

The Dude
09-03-2008, 11:50 AM
id like to see metalhead, lady jaye and scarlett.

Skiman
09-03-2008, 12:01 PM
id like to see metalhead, lady jaye and scarlett.

Huh... I didn't realize that the Joe girls have such a large fan base, I think a lot of us had crushes on these gals as we were just lil guys LMAO!!!

What about the Baroness!!! Oh yes!!!

The Dude
09-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Huh... I didn't realize that the Joe girls have such a large fan base, I think a lot of us had crushes on these gals as we were just lil guys LMAO!!!

oh yes. i love the joe gals. and im like you, baroness would be one hot momma. gosh i hope they make them! then id have to make a new line of adult oriented movies with cobra commander and the females. explore the possibilities lads! ok , that was too much info.

galactiboy
09-08-2008, 07:38 AM
I think that for both Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes the chances of great figures is very high. My only worry is that both are on an untested body. If the Prometheus delivers I think the rest will be easy for Sideshow. But if the body is a let down it will be a sad day indeed.

Cryoguns
09-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I think that for both Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes the chances of great figures is very high. My only worry is that both are on an untested body. If the Prometheus delivers I think the rest will be easy for Sideshow. But if the body is a let down it will be a sad day indeed.

I'm not too worried about the proetheus design, aside from possible concerns material durability or weak joints. The over articulation looks along the lines of the HT Truetype body or a Volks Neo Guy and sculpting is greatly improved over the Buck. Looks great so far :D

Vader AL
09-08-2008, 06:13 PM
yeah i'm not worried about the body either. i don't know why I came into this thread...2009 is SO far away. :monkey2

The Craw
09-08-2008, 06:17 PM
yeah i'm not worried about the body either. i don't know why I came into this thread...2009 is SO far away. :monkey2yes i need these guys now. im in a figure drought right now. dont have anything shipping for a month or 2. for a while i was getting bombarded with figures. i guess i can save some money now.

Cryoguns
09-08-2008, 07:04 PM
yes i need these guys now. im in a figure drought right now. dont have anything shipping for a month or 2. for a while i was getting bombarded with figures. i guess i can save some money now.

Damn straight! We're gonna start getting pelted with awesome figures right and left beginning in October :D

furystorm
09-16-2008, 01:45 AM
I want Cobra Commander now. Why won't my waitlist just convert at least?

Come on waitlist, convert...

:monkey3

superdoug
09-16-2008, 05:56 AM

yup i had a huge crush on jaye when i was 6 so i'd love to see her get a figure made sooner rather then latter

DPrime
09-16-2008, 06:13 AM
yup i had a huge crush on jaye when i was 6 so i'd love to see her get a figure made sooner rather then latter

lol, that's so funny! I did as well... something about her voice in the cartoon, I really liked it. Not to mention they animated her fairly, uh, voluptuously!

I'd love to see her and Scarlett at least, although I'd prefer her design to be more like Snake Eyes (ie: more like the original figure/cartoon character) than Cobra Commander (a little too "updated").

Cryoguns
09-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I was more of a Cover Girl fan (just enjoyed her snarky attitude from the comics, I guess), but any of the female Joes would be neat to see...

...AFTER Sideshow finally retires that horrible female Buck body!! :lecture

Skiman
09-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I was more of a Cover Girl fan (just enjoyed her snarky attitude from the comics, I guess), but any of the female Joes would be neat to see...

...AFTER Sideshow finally retires that horrible female Buck body!! :lecture

Yes I agree Cover Girl is the bomb, although she didn't get much screen time on the cartoon series... I think Scarlet later on was phased out as soon as Lady Jaye came up on the scene, I do remember them having one episode where all girls were in there because the Joe's were being hypnotize by this stupid shell that the Baroness found and played like a flute.

Darth Cruel
09-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Damn straight! We're gonna start getting pelted with awesome figures right and left beginning in October :D

I am damned glad that I am starting a good project at work. I have a LOT of SS, Medicom and HT stuff ordered including these 2 Joe figures. But now I will have the funds for all of them without a doubt.

I am a happy camper.

superdoug
09-19-2008, 06:06 AM
lol, that's so funny! I did as well... something about her voice in the cartoon, I really liked it. Not to mention they animated her fairly, uh, voluptuously!

I'd love to see her and Scarlett at least, although I'd prefer her design to be more like Snake Eyes (ie: more like the original figure/cartoon character) than Cobra Commander (a little too "updated").

i agree since the cartoon is how i was introduced to them i like the cartoon style. i think jayes custom would still work with ss and their more "realistic" approach. scarlett's they may mess with but i hope they don't.

i'm looking forward to getting them but with how many characters there are it might be a long time before we see them. at $100 plus a figure i'm happy they aren't putting them out every month but i hope i don't have to wait a couple of years before i get jaye and flint

Cryoguns
09-19-2008, 07:30 PM
i agree since the cartoon is how i was introduced to them i like the cartoon style. i think jayes custom would still work with ss and their more "realistic" approach. scarlett's they may mess with but i hope they don't.

i'm looking forward to getting them but with how many characters there are it might be a long time before we see them. at $100 plus a figure i'm happy they aren't putting them out every month but i hope i don't have to wait a couple of years before i get jaye and flint

Actually, I liked the first Devil's Due costume upgrade for Scarlett quite a bit. If they go along those lines, it would turn out great I think.

Aside from the female Buck body :censored

Jesseawilson
09-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Waitlist just converted :)

Skiman
09-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Waitlist just converted :)

Sweet, Exclusive version? I haven't even looked if the regular sold out...

Malice
09-19-2008, 11:01 PM
bring on the cobra's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memnoch
09-20-2008, 06:31 AM

I don't want any female Joes until SS decides it's time for a new body.

Mudshark
09-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Just got a WL conversion notice today for the Cobra ex! Now my Snake Eyes will have a formidable opponent to tangle with! :chew :chew :chew

inuka
09-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Just got a WL conversion notice today for the Cobra ex! Now my Snake Eyes will have a formidable opponent to tangle with! :chew :chew :chew

Congrats!

To me, the Staff with Concealed Blade is a must for the Cobra Commander. Sideshow should have include this Staff as a standard issue item for all the Cobra Commander figures and give us something else as the exlusive item.

Mudshark
09-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Congrats!

To me, the Staff with Concealed Blade is a must for the Cobra Commander. Sideshow should have include this Staff as a standard issue item for all the Cobra Commander figures and give us something else as the exlusive item.

Agreed! I'm not about to complain, tho... I was so bummed when I got home late and Cobra Commander ex was already sold out! I've been seriously considering just settling for the reg edition, but so glad I held off pulling the trigger. This is one WL conversion I am extremely thankful for! :D :rock

Skiman
09-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Looks like a lot of ppl are holding on to their Snake Eyes exclusive, I'm waiting for that to convert!

The Craw
09-20-2008, 01:18 PM
actually i like the fact that SS actually gave us a sorta necessary exclusive item for a change. i'm sick of all the lame exclusives that never get used.

Cryoguns
09-20-2008, 05:03 PM
actually i like the fact that SS actually gave us a sorta necessary exclusive item for a change. i'm sick of all the lame exclusives that never get used.

Amen to that. I can't tell you how useful that Han Solo exclusive Mynock is :p

The Mike
09-20-2008, 05:05 PM
The fact that these figures are originally slated to be released one per quarter it'll be easier for collectors to get the exclusives and keep them. That is what I'm banking on.

furystorm
09-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Wow, I wish my waitlist would convert. But its my own fault for not ordering while at SDCC and only getting on the waitlist three weeks ago. But now I think another board member may be hooking me up with the exclusive, so I am extremely happy. And as always, I love this board. It has been great since I discovered it. Thanks to everybody!

The Craw
09-21-2008, 12:02 AM
hope you get one furystorm. i'm sure your waitlist will convert when they ship even if you just put it in 3 weeks ago. people tend to hang onto preorders until the last minute and then a lot cancel for various reasons. ive gotten on waitlists months later and still have gotten figures. ive even canceled figures at shipping time, regretted it and jumped back on the waitlist and it still converts.

Rogue Trooper
09-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Cancelled the exclusive yesterday, decided not to collect the joes.

hordeall
09-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Do 12 inch figures tend to increase in value much or do they stay pretty steady? Could these possibly be worth a lot more or are there to many available.

Lynxje
09-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Waitlist for excl. converted :D

EVILFACE
09-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Do 12 inch figures tend to increase in value much or do they stay pretty steady? Could these possibly be worth a lot more or are there to many available.

Depends on the supply and demand. I think the Joe line will hold way more value than the Star Wars line which you can get old figures, even exclusives, for less than what they retailed for.

Buttmunch
09-21-2008, 03:45 PM

Why does that matter? If you want the item, buy it. Collect to Collect.

Khev
09-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Why does that matter? If you want the item, buy it. Collect to Collect.

It matters if you can't afford everything you want all at once and would like to know what will be cheapest to get down the road.

hordeall
09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
It matters because if something wont hold its value then it makes it less appealing. It is silly to buy something that may be cheaper down the road but smart if it has a good chance of being worth more. Plus, this line is OK but id like to see it in person. I saw a custom snake eyes on Ebay that looks better than the sideshow version, atleast in the pics. So im worried I may not like it once its here.

Malice
09-21-2008, 10:39 PM
cobra - lalalalalalalalalla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skiman
09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
cobra - lalalalalalalalalla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, Malice is always hung up on this!!!!

EVILFACE
09-22-2008, 11:35 AM
It matters because if something wont hold its value then it makes it less appealing. It is silly to buy something that may be cheaper down the road but smart if it has a good chance of being worth more. Plus, this line is OK but id like to see it in person. I saw a custom snake eyes on Ebay that looks better than the sideshow version, atleast in the pics. So im worried I may not like it once its here.

Buy it cause you like the character/property and you won't go wrong.

Skiman
09-22-2008, 12:05 PM
As a kid I used to be able to talk like Cobra Commander and Star Scream, it was the best of times and today prolly the worst of times!!!

So cool as a kid to be able to do that though while playing with the Joe's or Transformers... There's my embarrassing moment as a kid, that's how deep my love goes for this character!!!!

ProgMatinee
09-22-2008, 12:20 PM
My waitlist for both SE Ex and CC Ex came through over the weekend!

DPrime
09-22-2008, 12:34 PM

I don't really see how the exclusive accessory is necessary. I mean, it's cool, but I don't recall any instance where the character used one of those. However, I may be mistaken, because I'm not a huge comics fan. Nevertheless as far as I'm concerned, as long as he has his trademark laser pistol, he's good.

Still gonna wait for a more 'toon/1982 accurate version though.

Skiman
09-22-2008, 12:43 PM
My waitlist for both SE Ex and CC Ex came through over the weekend!

U SOB, lol, yeah mine has converted. I'm waiting on the SE Ex... I have the CC Ex all ready submitted. Hey I got an idea why don't u cancel yours and we can see if my converts!!! :maul:maul:maul

The Craw
09-22-2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbANBxbmLfw

Buttmunch
09-22-2008, 04:05 PM

I saw them both Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander in person at SDCC. BUY THEM!

Cryoguns
09-22-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't really see how the exclusive accessory is necessary. I mean, it's cool, but I don't recall any instance where the character used one of those. However, I may be mistaken, because I'm not a huge comics fan. Nevertheless as far as I'm concerned, as long as he has his trademark laser pistol, he's good.

I think it suits his personality perfectly and is something you would expect him to have. He might have had some in some of the Devil's Due artwork...I can't recall.

Skiman
09-22-2008, 06:20 PM

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl This is some funny $.hit!!!!! THANKS CRAW!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The Craw
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl This is some funny $.hit!!!!! THANKS CRAW!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotflyeah im a big fan of this SMOOV guys work. funny ^^^^. especially the transformer ones.:lol

galactiboy
09-25-2008, 07:35 AM

Its a pimpcane... what more does one need to know?

IrishJedi
09-25-2008, 07:47 AM

:lol That is genius.

ProgMatinee
09-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Its a pimpcane... what more does one need to know?

:joy I actually think the cane is crucial to give him that dictator look.

galactiboy
09-25-2008, 09:23 AM
:joy I actually think the cane is crucial to give him that dictator look.

Yep, Dictating to his hoes that they need to be brining in the $$$... oh and working on world domination :lol

The Craw
09-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Yep, Dictating to his hoes that they need to be brining in the $$$... oh and working on world domination :lolmaybe you would like a different coat for your Cobra then.
http://www.freewebs.com/clanplod/kramer.bmp

ProgMatinee
09-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Ho-bra Commander!

The Craw
09-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Ho-bra Commander!
http://www.smileyhut.com/music/rimshot.gif (http://www.smileyhut.com)

furystorm
09-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Waitlist converted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

The Craw
09-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Waitlist converted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :Dcongrats, man!!! i know you've been hoping for that WL conversion for awhile.:lol

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

DPrime
09-29-2008, 01:41 PM
I think it suits his personality perfectly and is something you would expect him to have. He might have had some in some of the Devil's Due artwork...I can't recall.

Don't get me wrong - I don't think it's inappropriate. I just don't think it's essential.

Fives
09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
well aside from furystorm, somebody elses waitlist for the exclusive is about to convert. I just cancelled my cobra commander ex. and snake eyes from sideshow...i'm spent enough as it is and i'd rather save up for other stuff like iron man mk1, the terminator pf, and vader for next year.

Skiman
09-29-2008, 07:41 PM
well aside from furystorm, somebody elses waitlist for the exclusive is about to convert. I just cancelled my cobra commander ex. and snake eyes from sideshow...i'm spent enough as it is and i'd rather save up for other stuff like iron man mk1, the terminator pf, and vader for next year.

Checkin my SE Exclusive WL right now!!! :banana:banana

edit: nope still on the WL, man I must be really low on the totem pole!

Fives
09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Checkin my SE Exclusive WL right now!!! :banana:banana

did it convert dude?

Skiman
09-29-2008, 08:01 PM
did it convert dude?

Nope Boss, looks like I'm still waiting... :monkey2

furystorm
09-30-2008, 12:19 AM
looks like I'm still waiting... :monkey2

When did you jump on the list?

I only got on about four weeks ago, and am still waiting on a Snake Eyes Exclusive conversion. I won't cry if I don't get that one though, the regular will do fine. One strange thing I noticed, as these are my first two waitlist conversions, is that both the CC ex and a P1 Dio ex converted on the same night at almost the same time for me. Weird???

:confused:

Cryoguns
09-30-2008, 10:32 AM

I only got on about four weeks ago, and am still waiting on a Snake Eyes Exclusive conversion. I won't cry if I don't get that one though, the regular will do fine. One strange thing I noticed, as these are my first two waitlist conversions, is that both the CC ex and a P1 Dio ex converted on the same night at almost the same time for me. Weird???

Don't they run WL conversions in batches after getting so many cancellations? I always suspected that was the case but don't remember hearing anything definite on it.

Skiman
09-30-2008, 10:32 AM

Wow you got a P1 Dio to convert how long ago was that? Yeah I submitted to be on the WL for SE 9 weeks ago to this date, it was at the end of July, CRAZY it's madness I tell yah!!! Now convert all ready dammit!!! :lol:lol:lol

Skiman
09-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Don't they run WL conversions in batches after getting so many cancellations? I always suspected that was the case but don't remember hearing anything definite on it.

I haven't heard of that but they prolly run some marked tally or something and then submit the final output to conversions for everyone on whenever their bi-weekly\monthly\schedule, etc completes...

furystorm
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Wow you got a P1 Dio to convert how long ago was that? Yeah I submitted to be on the WL for SE 9 weeks ago to this date, it was at the end of July, CRAZY it's madness I tell yah!!! Now convert all ready dammit!!! :lol:lol:lol

The P1 Exclusive Dio converted Saturday night, at the same time as the CC Exclusive. I've been debating on whether or not to keep the P1, but now I think the answer "keep it!!!!" Should be shipping today or tomorrow too. I was just surprised because I got on it after Comic-Con!

:confused: :D

The Craw
09-30-2008, 02:44 PM
anybody think there will be a new joe for order during spooktacular? i know most of the products are horror related but they have given us SW figures in the past.

Skiman
09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
anybody think there will be a new joe for order during spooktacular? i know most of the products are horror related but they have given us SW figures in the past.

Would Destro be considered as spooky, maybe Nemesis Enforcer!!!

DPrime
09-30-2008, 03:23 PM

They must, because all of a sudden a lot of people (myself included) seemed to be reporting WL conversions at the same time.

furystorm
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
I would like the Baroness for Spooktacular!

Malice
09-30-2008, 03:49 PM
i had to cancel my cobra commander and snake eyes exclusives the other day.........:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Skiman
09-30-2008, 05:23 PM
i had to cancel my cobra commander and snake eyes exclusives the other day.........:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

and mine still hasn't converted, there's still some time between now and 2009, it's gettn me more confident that I'll convert sometime this year!

Malice
10-02-2008, 04:13 PM
and mine still hasn't converted, there's still some time between now and 2009, it's gettn me more confident that I'll convert sometime this year!

hope it works out for you mate!:monkey3

DPrime
10-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Alright, you guys convinced me, I put myself on the wait list for the exclusive Commander. Kind of a long shot that it'll convert at this point, but I figure that's the one worth having.

IronFingaz
10-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Cobra Commander Excl. edition size #1250

Skiman
10-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Alright, you guys convinced me, I put myself on the wait list for the exclusive Commander. Kind of a long shot that it'll convert at this point, but I figure that's the one worth having.

I don't think it's that long of a shot, it will prolly convert...

creature4000
10-03-2008, 05:39 AM
I can't believe they just announced the ES for this guy!

The Mike
12-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Tim Miller posted his sculpt pic on his Deviant Art site.

http://fc34.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/323/7/3/Cobra_Commander_by_SculptorTim.jpg

Deeznutz6
12-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I think we may see the trooper tonight..