Petersen To Quit CSI: Las Vegas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Source: Entertainment Weekly

Actor WILLIAM PETERSEN has confirmed he'll be stepping down as a CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION regular 10 episodes into the new season.

A star of the show since it began in 2000, Petersen helped develop the forensics drama and has been a producer and an executive producer of the award-winning series.

Petersen won't disappear from the show for good - like his former onscreen love interest, Jorja Fox, the actor, who plays Gil Grissom on the show, will return for guest spots.

He tells Entertainment Weekly magazine he couldn't just quit the show: "I want it (my departure) to work for the cast, and, most importantly, I want it to work for the audience."

His last departure where Liev replaced him was interesting but the show felt really lacking....not sure how the legs will be on this one with the main character walking out...

FINIALLY this show will be canceled, don't know people watch it. SO unrealistic, I actually read an article where this show is ruining the criminal justice system; that people are expecting all this high-tech crap now when they are on juries.....

As a research scientist, I am sooooo glad the end is near for this show. It is a joke how they portray the field of forensic science.

Yeah, three main character gone within just a few episodes of eachother, that spells doom for this series.

I wonder if CSI's cancellation will effect CSI Miami or NY at all?

The other shows will be fine, I expect one of them to be moving into CSI: Las Vegas' spot.

CSI is now dead. CSI Miami couldn't survive without Horatio, CSI can't survive without Grissom. :monkey2

Agree.

Horatio is the only reason to watch Miami, the rest of the cast/characters are so unlikeable.

Vegas has a more likeable team.

New York, could never get into it. Just seems to cold.

Well I always liked Callie and Natalia on Miami.....of course I haven't seen in a while so not sure if they are even still on....

The only one I like on New York is Gary Sinse's character and that's just because I like him as an actor.

Fishburne in Talks to Replace Petersen on CSI
Source: The Hollywood Reporter August 6, 2008

Laurence Fishburne is in talks to succeed William Petersen as the star of CBS' veteran crime drama "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," says The Hollywood Reporter.

CBS and CBS Paramount's search has been shrouded in secrecy, but the trade says Fishburne is being heavily courted to play the new character, described as a doctor/scientist outsider to the CSI unit who has the same genetic profile as a serial killer but hasn't previously acted on any homicidal impulses.

Fishburne had been mentioned as one of the "CSI" producers' top choices for the role, along with John Malkovich and Kurt Russell.

Malkovich? Russell? Fishbourne? I didn't realize such high talent was trying to nab a CSI show....

John Malkovich or Kurt Russell on CSI?? Now that would be something worth watching.

People still watch these shows?

I do. :cool: I still really dig CSI and Miami. They're still fun to watch at least for me. Some may have moved on but there are plenty of us that still watch them. That being said I perfer Dexter more to CSI.

I used to be an avoid watcher of CSI: Las Vegas and have been floating in and out for the past three seasons but the addition of Fishbourne has made me really interested in seeing where they pick up and how Grissom leaves.

Back