The STUPIDEST thing I have EVER seen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like what nintendo has been doing as of late, but this is just ridiculous. I cannot see the appeal of this other than for very young kids, or old people that just want to feel a sense of accomplishment after they waggle a controller for a bit.

btw, wtf is Miyamato wearing! :horror

Can someone explain this to me? How is the wiimote used a trumpet?

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier in the E3 thread when I said that Wii Music (Nintendo's version of Rock Band) = Ghey.

Yes, I was basically referring to how this is a "Nintendo-ized" version of ROCK BAND.

But there were no notes to keep up with. No moves of the controllers to match, it was just 3 grown people acting like idiots to a screen playing the mario song. If anyone buys this, they need their head examined...

“What I find what is fun about music [games] is when you really get into a good rhythm and you have a great time performing. But the challenge is then, how do you do that in a way where people don’t have to worry about hitting the wrong note or making a mistake? So, that’s really been our focus with designing Wii Music.” - Shigeru Miyamoto

First off, Shigeru Miyamoto is a genius, and I've never (and I mean never) hesitated in buying a game he's worked on. So far, that policy hasn't let me down. However, this just sounds stupid.

What is the point if you don't have to worry about making a mistake? If you're creating music, what if you want to improvise? I don't get this at all. It's like playing a CD or MP3, but you have to waggle a controller to keep it going. wtf?

I'm totally on board with nintendo's new direction. Why not offer up non-traditional game software when a system like Wii has the potential to be so much more? I was extremely excited when I heard there would be a music program for the Wii. Imagine my disappointment when I learned Wii Music boils down to "select a track and waggle" when I was expecting a new outlet to create music.

It's not released yet, so there's still time, but so far I just can't help thinking wtf?

First off, Shigeru Miyamoto is a genius, and I've never (and I mean never) hesitated in buying a game he's worked on. So far, that policy hasn't let me down. However, this just sounds stupid.

What is the point if you don't have to worry about making a mistake? If you're creating music, what if you want to improvise? I don't get this at all. It's like playing a CD or MP3, but you have to waggle a controller to keep it going. wtf?

I'm totally on board with nintendo's new direction. Why not offer up non-traditional game software when a system like Wii has the potential to be so much more? I was extremely excited when I heard there would be a music program for the Wii. Imagine my disappointment when I learned Wii Music boils down to "select a track and waggle" when I was expecting a new outlet to create music.

It's not released yet, so there's still time, but so far I just can't help thinking wtf?

Honestly I am not really a fan of Nintendo as stated before due to the content of their games. However, I appreciate that they think outside the box and they have really tailored the industry into what it is today. I guess you will have your misses as well as your hits when you take a chance. Even though this doesn't appeal to me and I think it's dumb it will still sell. Again Nintendo markets to children. I don't care what they say. The kiddies will want this game.

Back